PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fan in NYC

barakz21
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
By chance, any spurs fans here in NYC who'll be catching the games st sports bars?

td_tp_manu
06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Any good ones out there? I might give it a try. Never watched a game in a bar t h.

barakz21
06-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Same here bro. I might not be able to, due to schedule conflicts, but if my schedule permits, it'd be nice to catch the game. I personally have never watched a spurs game with fellow spurs fans, let alone watch a game at a sports bar.

Manu's Bald Spot
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I've asked this question before, there aren't really any spurs bars in NYC. Since it's the finals, any decent sports bar will be playing the game, but no bar just for spurs fans, sadly. I end up just watching in my apt. The only thing going for us this finals is that there will probably be a lot of fans rooting for the spurs that hate the heat, so we have that...

soxxx
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Sucks living in NY, have yet to meet a single spurs fan. I see Lakers, Heat, Celtics all the time. No Spurs fans,

barakz21
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Well, maybe we all could watch the game together? IDK, haven't really watched a game at a sports bar, nor watched a spurs game with fellow spurs fans, so maybe it'd be cool to do both. At least here in NYC, they're talking about the knicks. I came from CA, and they're all about the Lakers. Most of them anyway.

td_tp_manu
06-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, maybe we all could watch the game together? IDK, haven't really watched a game at a sports bar, nor watched a spurs game with fellow spurs fans, so maybe it'd be cool to do both. At least here in NYC, they're talking about the knicks. I came from CA, and they're all about the Lakers. Most of them anyway.

I'd love to. Would love the atmosphere at the bar! Do you have a place to recommend

cute_spursfan
06-04-2013, 10:42 PM
word!!!! its very, VERY hard finding spurs fans in the city. would love if there was an organized meet-up :)

GSG!

barakz21
06-04-2013, 10:54 PM
I'd love to. Would love the atmosphere at the bar! Do you have a place to recommend

Dunno dude, I've been to one sports bar here in NYC, but not to catch some games or hang out, but rather for dinner. Anyway, it was a sports bar near Penn Station, by 8th Ave. Was pretty crowded when I was there, and for a while I actually thought I saw Baron Davis.

barakz21
06-04-2013, 10:55 PM
word!!!! its very, VERY hard finding spurs fans in the city. would love if there was an organized meet-up :)

GSG!

Would you care to organize? :flag:

cute_spursfan
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
^^ id like to organize but, im not much of a drinker! i dont know what bars would welcome us. haha

was that bar inside penn?

barakz21
06-04-2013, 11:26 PM
^^ id like to organize but, im not much of a drinker! i dont know what bars would welcome us. haha

was that bar inside penn?

Well, you don't have to drink if you don't want to. It's all about the spurs, the drinks are just a bonus. And no, it's outside Penn. I had to look it up, coz I forgot the name but I got it now. It's called Blarney Stone, right next to an Amadeus Pizza place or something like that.

soxxx
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Im going to Wild Wings thursday but its outside the city.

KaiRMD1
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Anybody interested, Blondies on 79th on the west side is looking pretty good tonight