PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any Spurs fans by association?

Staplepuffs27
06-05-2013, 04:10 AM
So, I know it's a big no-no to talk to girls about sports.... but I've kinda dragged my girlfriend into the whole Spurs hysteria. Sure, she liked basketball before, but I feel a little bad dragging her into all this. Haha, she doesn't appreciate it when I go crazy during the games, but I guess it's to have someone to keep you calm. Anyway, I guess the point of this thread was asking if anyone had a significant other that was Spur fan by association. Also, if you had any tips relating to expanding their Spurs experience. Great forum btw, been lurking for years. :)

TE
06-05-2013, 04:17 AM
I hate watching games with my GF. Tried to get her into it...doesn't work for some women. That's why I watch on my own.

I got several friends who root for the Spurs but actual basketball discussion goes so far as the casual fan can understand.

mudyez
06-05-2013, 05:00 AM
I'm happy to have a girlfriend that is playing ball (I'm her coach^^) and likes the Spurs very much.

The Reckoning
06-05-2013, 05:02 AM
she just likes watching the hunky black guys

TrueSpursFan
06-05-2013, 08:47 AM
I hate watching games with my GF. Tried to get her into it...doesn't work for some women. That's why I watch on my own.

I got several friends who root for the Spurs but actual basketball discussion goes so far as the casual fan can understand.

This pretty much. I love watching games on my own, wife doesn't seem to be interested but roots for spurs anyway.

hooperflash
06-05-2013, 09:17 AM
My girl was a Cavs/Lebron fan because of her 3 brothers, then he moved so they cheered for the Heat. She started disliking the way they played, keep in mind she thought the Spurs were boring. I took her to some games as well as watching from the couch and she apologized... She absolutely loved the Spurs system, loved the fundementals and the unselfishness our team possesses. She's rooting for Spurs.

bthewigwam
06-05-2013, 09:17 AM
For the first couple years when we were dating I could get my girl to watch, be interested, and ask questions. As time went on and see saw how nutty I got during games, how far my obsession went, how superstitious I could be sometimes, and then on top of that having league pass to watch the other teams I didn't care about as much, she got over it real quick. Now if there's a Spurs game, she'll just go watch tv in the other room.

TampaDude
06-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Actually, I'm a Spurs fan because of my wife. She went to high school with David Robinson. :hat

mookie2001
06-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Thereckoning haha

mexpurs21
06-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Mother, father, brothers. I've had a couple of conflicts with them for shouting at the TV like a mofo, specially when Bonner misses a defensive assignment.

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Yep, my fiance is 100% a huge Spurs fan now. She grew up in Houston, but for the past 3.5 years, she's put up with me watching EVERY SINGLE Spurs game, and also my anger that sometimes comes with watching.. She's the best.

moisaenz
06-05-2013, 09:50 AM
my wife was #21 when she played bball in high school.when i first met her she said that it was because of Duncan.since she does not play now she is not that big of a fan.but still watches the games with me.

SpursWoman
06-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I've been a Spurs fan since I was very young (and since I'm so old, that's saying a lot) and I met my darling Spurs fan husband in this forum ... we talk about basketball quite a bit. :lol

And he didn't know I had season tickets when he first got me to ask him out, either. So, that had to have been a nice surprise for him ... good thing it worked out. :makeout

xellos88330
06-05-2013, 10:26 AM
My wife didn't really like basketball and was more of a football fan when we first met. On our second date I took her to the season opener of '04-05. Now 9 years later we are season ticket holders. :D

Frank Dux
06-05-2013, 10:34 AM
So, I know it's a big no-no to talk to girls about sports....

This is a very evolved perspective.