PDA

View Full Version : Oliver North Speech

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 08:32 AM
MLOjIKt7wOk

Th'Pusher
06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
The current military is nothing more than a federal jobs program for America's underclass and a vehicle for wealth redistribution to private contractors.

boutons_deux
06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Oliver North, one of St Ronnie's criminals, gave radio advice to shoot the police in the neck, not in the body armor.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
The current military is nothing more than a federal jobs program for America's underclass and a vehicle for wealth redistribution to private contractors.

:lmao truth bombs

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Could use that moronic generalization for numerous occupations.

Th'Pusher
06-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Could use that moronic generalization for numerous occupations.
Like what?

TeyshaBlue
06-05-2013, 09:40 AM
lol I read that fast and thought he typed "Moron Generator". Made me think of WC.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Like what?
college students, researchers, scientists.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Peace corp.

Th'Pusher
06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
college students, researchers, scientists.
College students are employed by the federal govt? And wrt researchers and scientist I qulified the federal jobs program that is the US military to America's underclass. Scientist and researchers are highly educated.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2013, 10:47 AM
:lol anyone who tries to pretend that the military isn't largely made up of poor people who graduated from high school and enlisted because the military was the least shitty option of the shitty options they had

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
College students are employed by the federal govt? And wrt researchers and scientist I qulified the federal jobs program that is the US military to America's underclass. Scientist and researchers are highly educated.

:lol just to add to that, scientists who work for universities/do public research can get a well paying private sector job with ease. That's why scientists get what seems like a high salary in the public sector, the universities and other public programs needs to at least offer a comparable salary to what a PHD in physics can get in the private sector.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
:lol anyone who tries to pretend that the military isn't largely made up of poor people who graduated from high school and enlisted because the military was the least shitty option of the shitty options they had
I doubt you ever met anyone in the military because that is not even close to it.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 05:56 PM
That's awesome! You make a completely inaccurate and asinine comment. When I point it out and state it could be used for practically anything, you then want a logical explanation without explaining any logic towards yours. Without using any facts whatsoever. Keep that bar as low as possible. Gotta please DoK

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I doubt you ever met anyone in the military because that is not even close to it.

I know three people in the military and that was the case with all of them. Graduate from high school, spend 1-2 years dicking around doing nothing, then enlist because their life has absolutely no direction. It's why the military isn't selective, anyone with a functioning body (don't even need a properly functioning brain) can get in.

:lol being in denial

johnsmith
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Regardless of ones opinion on our military or what they are used for, I still believe they deserve all of our respect because they are doing something that I or most people don't have the guts to do.

Old fashioned maybe, but one day, they'll be used for something we really need, not just for economic gains as our congress sees fit.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Regardless of ones opinion on our military or what they are used for, I still believe they deserve all of our respect because they are doing something that I or most people don't have the guts to do.

Old fashioned maybe, but one day, they'll be used for something we really need, not just for economic gains as our congress sees fit.

they get plenty of our respect when hundreds of billions of tax dollars go towards them as a subsidy for their inability to get a job in the private sector. It's not something people do because it takes guts, they do it because it's either the military or stocking shelves at Walmart.

Before someone comes back with :crythe military leads to great job opportunities:cry you're lying to yourself. The unemployment rate for veterans is double that of the national average while companies consider hiring veterans as corporate social responsibility, i.e. hiring people as a charity project they would have never hired otherwise.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I know three people in the military and that was the case with all of them. Graduate from high school, spend 1-2 years dicking around doing nothing, then enlist because their life has absolutely no direction. It's why the military isn't selective, anyone with a functioning body (don't even need a properly functioning brain) can get in.

:lol being in denial
They test you and your jobs are based on the results. You also have to be in physical shape. Not just a functioning body. I also doubt you knew anybody who was poor.

sjacquemotte
06-05-2013, 08:44 PM
they get plenty of our respect when hundreds of billions of tax dollars go towards them as a subsidy for their inability to get a job in the private sector. It's not something people do because it takes guts, they do it because it's either the military or stocking shelves at Walmart.

Before someone comes back with :crythe military leads to great job opportunities:cry you're lying to yourself. The unemployment rate for veterans is double that of the national average while companies consider hiring veterans as corporate social responsibility, i.e. hiring people as a charity project they would have never hired otherwise.
If you feel that way then why don't you tell me the name of the company you supposedly work for and when I get out in less than a year, I'll apply. We'll see if I'm wrong.
Your idea of the federal government fulfilling their agreement made when people join up is pretty funny coming from someone who thinks of themselves as intelligent. Military members earn their paycheck.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2013, 08:14 AM
If you feel that way then why don't you tell me the name of the company you supposedly work for and when I get out in less than a year, I'll apply. We'll see if I'm wrong.
EDIT: Don't feel like giving you my employer's name since you military people are weird. It's a bulge bracket investment bank and I work in derivatives.

:lmao the thought of you getting a job in derivatives

sjacquemotte
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
EDIT: Don't feel like giving you my employer's name since you military people are weird. It's a bulge bracket investment bank and I work in derivatives.

:lmao the thought of you getting a job in derivatives
Yeah I didn't think you would either. But yeah your company wouldn't hire veterans. They think like you do. Unlike most CEO's

sjacquemotte
06-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Great job avoiding straw man and commenting about the video and the content of that video. :toast

TeyshaBlue
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM

When I was teaching, I helped send several kids through the military for job training since they could not afford college. All are now successfully employed post military in the fields they trained in. Mostly aviation/diesel mechanics. Pretty good money to boot.

TeyshaBlue
06-06-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm certainly not saying all will succeed in this manner. But your post colors these prospects as negative. Not necessarily the case.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm certainly not saying all will succeed in this manner. But your post colors these prospects as negative. Not necessarily the case.

The unemployment rate for veterans compared to the rest of the country is something I find more indicative than 3 anecdotal examples you gave.

lol people convinced the military leads to great job opportunities

sjacquemotte
06-07-2013, 08:23 AM
The unemployment rate for veterans compared to the rest of the country is something I find more indicative than 3 anecdotal examples you gave.

What you aren't understanding is what they are doing when they get out. With the Post 9-11 GI Bill and incentives from federal and state, they can live comfortably while going to college. All without going into debt. Google any CEO and they'll likely have a comment about wanting ex military. But you obviously know that since you would assume I get a job at your co with no experience nor degree

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2013, 08:26 AM
What you aren't understanding is what they are doing when they get out. With the Post 9-11 GI Bill and incentives from federal and state, they can live comfortably while going to college. All without going into debt. Google any CEO and they'll likely have a comment about wanting ex military. But you obviously know that since you would assume I get a job at your co with no experience nor degree
:lmao people in college aren't considered unemployed
:lmao not knowing how the unemployment rate works

:lol you could probably get a job as a janitor at the company I work for

sjacquemotte
06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
:lmao people in college aren't considered unemployed
:lmao not knowing how the unemployment rate works

Yeah you're right. I have no idea how when you file for unemployment, you are counted as unemployed.
:lmao knowing absolutely nothing not fed to you.

sjacquemotte
06-07-2013, 08:47 AM
In the Oliver North video, he talked about how these 18-22 yr olds are self sufficient. Which is funny since you can't even do your own laundry. :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2013, 08:59 AM
In the Oliver North video, he talked about how these 18-22 yr olds are self sufficient. Which is funny since you can't even do your own laundry. :lmao
:lol making more stuff up because you can't find any real insults to use
:lol being 5 years older than me and having a job below me when you're done with the military

Yeah you're right. I have no idea how when you file for unemployment, you are counted as unemployed.
:lmao knowing absolutely nothing not fed to you.
:lol people in college don't count towards unemployment, this is something anyone with basic macroeconomic knowledge knows.

TeyshaBlue
06-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Actually, it's closer to 10. And their success rate was 100%. Might be a result of several factors, not the least of which was their age having entered the service upon HS graduation. And yes, experential data makes it clear that the military can lead to great job opportunites.

TeyshaBlue
06-07-2013, 09:14 AM
:lol making more stuff up because you can't find any real insults to use
:lol being 5 years older than me and having a job below me when you're done with the military

lol age smack. You don't want to know how much money I was making in my early 20's.:lol

sjacquemotte
06-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Rising above the fray.

sjacquemotte
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Actually, it's closer to 10. And their success rate was 100%. Might be a result of several factors, not the least of which was their age having entered the service upon HS graduation. And yes, experential data makes it clear that the military can lead to great job opportunites.
:wow TB agreeing with me without a batman img.