PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James hasn't forgotten '07

Budkin
06-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Uh-oh. Spurs = Fvcked :yield

MIAMI -- Over the years LeBron James has always spoken respectfully about the San Antonio Spurs and their accomplishments. But a day before seeing them in again in the Finals, the Miami Heat star revealed another emotion that's been bubbling below the surface for a long time.

Revenge.

James said Wednesday he's long waited for the chance to get back at the Spurs for how they beat him in the 2007 Finals, handily sweeping James' inexperienced Cleveland Cavaliers team.

"I have something in me that they took in '07; beat us on our home floor, celebrated on our home floor," James said. "I won't forget that. You shouldn't as a competitor. You should never forget that.

"It's the same group of guys, for the most part. The same Big Three, and Coach [Gregg] Pop[ovich]. And I look forward to the challenge once again."

In that series the Spurs bullied James with veterans like Bruce Bowen and Michael Finley and set up a strategy that ultimately embarrassed him. He shot just 36 percent as the Spurs took advantage of his lack of a reliable jump shot at the time, pushing him to spots on the floor where he wasn't comfortable and daring him to shoot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9345809/2013-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-miami-heat-looks-forward-facing-san-antonio-spurs-again

SA210
06-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Blah..blah..blah.

Spurs need to play D, move the ball and they will be fine. F james

Brazil
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
he took mental notes apparently

moisaenz
06-05-2013, 02:28 PM
So what is not the only finals he has lost.. he should try to remember the finals against the mavs... that is where he lost with his super collusion team.

I. Hustle
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Get ready for some Nasty, Dynasty.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/20519991/views/1,width=190,height=190,appearanceId=164.png/i-want-some-nasty-watch-the-throne-version-ladies-dynasty-come-and-get-it_design.png

hater
06-05-2013, 02:43 PM
he couldn't beat the Spurs so he had to join hands with STD and Dino to try again. :lol

yes, this we know Lebronze

barakz21
06-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Get ready for some Nasty, Dynasty.

Nice!

chrhawk
06-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Non-story. The Spurs haven't forgotten the last six years where they flamed out of the postseason. At the end of the day the bad memories of both teams won't give any advantage to either ballclub.

Budkin
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Non-story. The Spurs haven't forgotten the last six years where they flamed out of the postseason. At the end of the day the bad memories of both teams won't give any advantage to either ballclub.

Well said... these guys know what's on the line and win or lose they are going to give it everything they have.

SenorSpur
06-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm shivering in me boots after reading this. I sure hope this doesn't get back to Pop and the Spurs. :p:

coyotes_geek
06-05-2013, 03:04 PM
If only we had tanked the '07 finals..............

gameFACE
06-05-2013, 03:07 PM
He'll win two games. Progress not perfection...

Seriously though goddammit, ever since the possibility of playing the Heat approached - I love the thought of hearing years from now after how ever many championships Le Bron has that "he still never could get past Duncan".

:smokin

crc21209
06-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Of course he doesn't forget 07. How could he when he has every freaking reporter asking him about it?

Keepin' it real
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
LeBron James hasn't forgotten '07

Me neither. So what?

Go0n
06-05-2013, 03:56 PM
It's the same group of guys, for the most part.

You know, except for...

Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Cory Joseph, DeJuan Blair, Boris Diaw, Tiago Splitter, Aron Baynes, Nando De Colo, and TMac. But yeah, mostly the same.

If you're counting new players, that's not one, not two, not three...

TampaDude
06-05-2013, 04:08 PM
You know, except for...

Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Cory Joseph, DeJuan Blair, Boris Diaw, Tiago Splitter, Aron Baynes, Nando De Colo, and TMac. But yeah, mostly the same.

If you're counting new players, that's not one, not two, not three...

:lol

dbreiden83080
06-05-2013, 04:14 PM
"pushing him to spots on the floor where he wasn't comfortable and daring him to shoot."

He's much better but this is really still how you play him..

EVAY
06-05-2013, 04:18 PM
LeBron has consistently made up stuff to get himself mad about before a contest. It is something that some athletes do to pump themselves up. Remember he did it in the last series against the Pacers by taking umbrage allegedly at Vogel saying that the Heat were "the next team in our way"....so LeBron says he is all upset "because we're not just another team...we're a great team".

It's just him trying to come up with something to pump himself up. Mental midgetry, imo.

Maddog
06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
he couldn't beat the Spurs so he had to join hands with STD and Dino to try again. :lol

yes, this we know Lebronze
yep,
Disturbing trend since 07 have been teams loading up with multiple stars
From 02/03 to 06/07 the Spurs paid a total of 1.2 million in Luxury tax and won 3 titles -since then the NBA champs have paid an average of over 12 million.
So yeah King- I hope you remeber 07- that's why you ran and got help after someone beat you fair and square

DMC
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
What we took from him was his ass cherry.

rjv
06-05-2013, 05:57 PM
"I have something in me that they took in '07; beat us on our home floor, celebrated on our home floor,"

and then he quickly proceeded to lay a huge dump on all of cleveland a few years later.

Spursmania
06-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Good-get ready for the Spurs to do it again.

Unless Bosh and Wade get their heads out of their asses for more than one game, the Heat is going down. Wade look gimpy and Bosh looks like shit. Game 7 did not impress me more than the Pacer's showed their lack of experience and composure. Watching Hill shrink while not playing at home was a very familiar site for those fans who kept tabs of his performance away from home during the playoffs. The Pacers are just too young and too inexperienced. They should have won game 1, just like the Warriors should have beaten the Spurs game 1. No surprises anywhere yet, really.

Kidd K
06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I hope he does remember. Now he'll be more scared and nervous every time they Spurs start to pull away late. "Oh fuck, not this again! :("

Gleaning what you can from LeBron's mannerisms and tone of voice when he talks to the media, I can surmise that LeBron's fear of failure is much greater than his will to win. Every time he talks about rings and legacy (when he's not in fake mode), you can tell his voice trembles when he talks about how he only has one ring in 10 years.

LeBron's time is running shorter and he knows it. If he fails to the Spurs again, he will never get to the "top 5". He just might get around #9-10 at best around where Hakeem is since his odds of winning a ring with Miami keep shrinking. If he loses again this year, unless he flees to another very favorable situation again (which will reflect poorly on him in the long run), he isn't winning more than 1-2 more rings at best as a main guy.

Because of this mentality, LeBron is going to be more prone to choking than he is going crazy like MJ or Hakeem. So I hope he thinks about that shit a lot. Maybe he'll jack up more ill advised shots and help the Spurs win.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 06:28 PM
he conveniently left out that he now has Wade, Bosh and a legit starting PG now :rolleyes

Spursmania
06-05-2013, 06:29 PM
"pushing him to spots on the floor where he wasn't comfortable and daring him to shoot."

He's much better but this is really still how you play him..

Exactly.

ace3g
06-05-2013, 06:56 PM
He hasn't forgotten because the media brought it up and asked him about it; I wouldn't take it as some vendetta against the Spurs.

SouthernFried
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
There's something not "likeable" about Lebron...wonder what it is.

TracyMcGrady
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Anoter 4-0? I hope TD21 will get the fmvp.

Austin_Toros
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Shame that LeBron had to buy his way to the finals in order to get a chance at revenge. There is nothing I would enjoy more than to see him fail.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Again, maybe he shouldn't have hung the picture of him dunking "on" Timmy in his locker. Someone should put a copy in Timmy's locker today.

SpurPadre
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
He thinks he can play mind games on us and everyone else by talking like that. It's his attempt to be MJ, where MJ often said something about not forgetting something bad that happened to him, whether imaginary or real, and wound up scoring 60 points the next game after. It's a played out, act, tbh. Move along...