PDA

View Full Version : DAVID ROBINSON WALKING THE STREETS OF MIDTOWN

Jordanobili2320
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
JUST SAW HIM, SHOOK HIS HAND AND SAID GO SPURS!

:wow:wow:toast:toast

Seriously if anyone is in NYC he was casually walking around with his friend around 59th and Lex. I couldn't believe it. He is MASSIVE. By far one of the coolest people i've shook hands with.

TampaDude
06-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Seriously if anyone is in NYC he was casually walking around with his friend around 59th and Lex. I couldn't believe it. He is MASSIVE. By far one of the coolest people i've shook hands with.

Yup...he is a big boy, no doubt...my wife went to high school with him.

ThePop
06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Or don't bother him. I've shaken his hand as well and he wasn't too happy about people crowding him.

ohmwrecker
06-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Did she tell you how big he is?

Jordanobili2320
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Or don't bother him. I've shaken his hand as well and he wasn't too happy about people crowding him.

TRUTH! He liked that shook his hand, said hello and said Go Spurs. But I could tell he didn't want anything more, he kept walking and clearly just wanted to go along with his day. Everyone on the street was looking going "HOLY SHIT THATS DAVID ROBINSON".

lefty
06-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Pics or it didnt happen :D

The only Spur I've seen in real life is Matt Fuckn Bonner

BatManu20
06-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Lol

TampaDude
06-05-2013, 04:47 PM

Almost 2 feet taller than her. She's 5'2".

illusioNtEk
06-05-2013, 04:52 PM
no pics?

Budkin
06-05-2013, 04:59 PM

DRob is awesome but famous people that bitch about being approached by fans annoy me. You're famous, that means everyone knows who you are and you make shitloads of money in exchange for being just another face in the crowd.

Poolboy5623
06-05-2013, 05:02 PM
DRob is awesome but famous people that bitch about being approached by fans annoy me. You're famous, that means everyone knows who you are and you make shitloads of money in exchange for being just another face in the crowd.

Easy to say....when your not famous..

Libri
06-05-2013, 05:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear that but you can still say, "at least it wasn't RJ."

LakerHater
06-05-2013, 05:12 PM

Hate that shit too!
Robinson is exactly like that out in public!

Staplepuffs27
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Patty Mills visited my high school when he was a Blazer. Really awesome and nice guy. Also predicted a Mav victory over the Heat. Good instincts.

Libri
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Hate that shit too!
Robinson is exactly like that out in public!

Disappointed to hear that he's a jerk with fans. :/

2centsworth
06-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Disappointed to hear that he's a jerk with fans. :/

David has always been great when I've seen him, but I've never seen him over crowded either.

SpursIndonesia
06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Almost 2 feet taller than her. She's 5'2".

I don't think he meant vertically, but rather "horizontally". :D

TheRemix
06-05-2013, 05:44 PM
yeah I met David Robinson at a track meet a couple of years ago at Judson. I guess he was cheering for his kid or someone related? I'm not sure, I don't follow his family. Haha it was funny though, a bunch of kids were crowding him as he was trying to see one of the events going on. they had to relocate him down to the field to watch from there lol ohh the disadvantages of being famous

rjv
06-05-2013, 05:45 PM
from all the current and former spurs i ever met, the ones i can say have been truly approachable and friendly have been sean ******, terry cummings, manu and the iceman. strickland and rodman were some of the worst

rjv
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
by the way, i have no idea why # 32's last name was changed to asterisks. very odd. i can see maybe that would been the case with cummings perhaps.

LakerHater
06-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Who, Sean Elliott?

rjv
06-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Who, Sean Elliott?

yeah, sean elliott..i guess it's a spell check..it won't allow sean ******. wonder if it allows manu ginobli

m33p0
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
by the way, i have no idea why # 32's last name was changed to asterisks. very odd. i can see maybe that would been the case with cummings perhaps.

it used to be LuckTheFakers if you get sean's last name wrong:lol

Richie
06-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Agreed. The fans are the reason he earned $100m+ in his career. I imagine it can get annoying but suck it up, it's part of the package.

To be fair, it sounds like he shook OPs hand and was polite, you can't expect stars to stop and have a conversation with every fan on the street. What he did was the minimum any star should do for every fan IMO.

superjames1992
06-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Oh, snap! :lol

Cunning. :lol

SUP-GDP-GO
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't think he meant vertically, but rather "horizontally". :D Bad boy!:lol

bklynspursfan
06-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Dammit I work in midtown too... :depressed

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Very cool, I ran into and met George Gervin at Los Barrios which was very cool. The only Spur I've met :(

barakz21
06-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Holy crap!!! I'm in NYC and I just read this right now!!! :bang

barakz21
06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I met Sean ****** when he was a rookie. He was very quiet and not real friendly, asked him a couple questions and seemed like he didn't want to answer. I have also met James Silas went to elementary school with his son and he came to the school on the last day. Also met the Iceman, used mow his yard when I was a kid very cool person and met Artis Gilmore once at Gervin's house not real friendly but he did give me his autograph. I could tell you a couple funny stories about Gervin when I was at his house working. If anyone wants to hear them let me know and I will post them.

I'm waiting for the post. :wakeup

Sasha
06-05-2013, 10:02 PM
We saw him in church one Sunday. He came in and sat down in front of us, then turned around and asked if we could see over him. Couldn't, of course, so he moved to the last row. Very, very nice guy.

Hemotivo
06-06-2013, 07:25 AM
strickland and rodman were some of the worst Rod is the worst

doobs
06-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Damn! That's my subway stop. Hope he's there this morning.

heyheymymy
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
iceman was on my plane back from vegas last november. dude flew regular southwest lol. he was letting people come up at take pics w him the whole flight. i saw him at the baggage carousel and all i could do was smile real big at him, he smiled back. he had his clubs with him and on his golf bag the word ICE was written in sharpie.

met francisco elson at silo one night 1604 stoneoak. was pretty nice.

saw matt bonner getting a $12 haircut at a fucking great clips lol

The Reckoning
06-06-2013, 07:41 AM
saw matt bonner getting a $12 haircut at a fucking great clips lol

vintage bonner. the people's champ.

smrattler
06-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Man, I wish I ran into Pop in the streets.

I know if I could pull him aside for just tenty minutes and give him some pointers about how to stop LeBron, we could win this series. I bet he would be so grateful, he'd probably let me meet the rest of the guys on the team. Or maybe even sit on the sidelines to watch the whole thing unfold and celebrate with the team when we win number 5! Wow, I wonder if he'd offer me a job. I'd have to give my boss at least two weeks notice, that would be the right thing to do. I don't know, maybe he'd understand that I'd have to get started ASAP and I do have a lot of stuff to pack from my desk. This is a tough one...

The Reckoning
06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
during david robinson's rookie season my dad stopped at a carwash in SA. he walked inside to prepay and david robinson was inside with people getting him to autograph everything they could find. my dad stepped out after paying to service his car, and sure enough drob walks out to service his own car. my dad commented how it must be annoying having people flock to him wherever he goes and he laughed and said something along the lines of how those are the fans who support him.

then they had a short, casual conversation about carwashes. my dad said he was like any other decent, ordinary human being.

so yeah i don't think he's annoyed by the attention but realizes the attention is all a part of the job.

AchillesHeel
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao