PDA

View Full Version : El Che's 7 Keys to the 2013 NBA Finals

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Another El Che original. Piracy is illegal.

The 7 Keys to the NBA Finals.
This methodology has predicted the correct outcome in every NBA Finals since El Che bothered to look back on.

Key #1: Which team's best player is better. This also might be the tie breaking key.
This Key goes to the Miami Heat easily.

Key #2: Which team has the better 2-4 players.
This Key goes to the Spurs although its close. Duncan + Kawhi + Manu > Wade + Bosh + Allen/Chalmers

Key #3: Home Court Advantage.
Miami Heat holds this key.

Key #4: Coaching Advantage.
Spurs hold this key.

Key #5: Experience Advantage.
This is a toss up. Although Spurs big 3 might have more experience, all the rest are young players and their first finals. Heat big 3 also plenty finals experience. Nobody gets this key.

Key #6: Defensive Advantage. Defense wins championships.
This Key goes to the San Antonio Spurs.

Key #7: Best 5-8 Players.
This is also very close and could be up for discussion. But in the end the deciding factor is an ugly white boy called birdman. This mofo is shooting 84% from the field while getting almost 2 blocks in limited minutes. That is historical shit right there. Him + Allen/Chalmers is probably better than any 5-8 Spurs could muster. It's fair to say if Andersen keeps shooting 80% or better this series it's over. This Key goes to the Miami Heat.

There you have it. It is all tied up 3-3.

As I said the tiebreaker is probably who holds the best player and MVP so the Heat unfortunately will most likely win the 2013 Championship. :(

But it's very close and if you compare with other series this series has the potential to resemble the Pistons-Lakers of 04 or Mavs-Heat of 11 where both road teams ultimately prevailed.

Finally I would also be very shocked if this series goes less than 6 games. This could be one for the ages. :tu

Budkin
06-05-2013, 04:56 PM
The better team (by that I mean plays as a team, a cohesive unit) usually wins, so Spurs in 6.

illusioNtEk
06-05-2013, 04:57 PM
lol the best key is to make shots

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
The better team (by that I mean plays as a team, a cohesive unit) usually wins, so Spurs in 6.

sorry but a team that wins 27 in a row cannot possibly be called non-cohesive

also the 2011 Boston Celtics and 2012 Thunder say hi

da_suns_fan
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Winner will be whoever scores the most points.

BatManu20
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Defense, rebounds, and TO's. Spurs take care of those, they have a good shot. If they don't, they lose. It's that simple.

LittleCriminal
06-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Key 2- Splitter,Duncan,Manu and Green over Wade,Bosh,Allen and Chalmers any day.
Key 7- Birdman?? REally? Did you not see what SA did to the Grizz Bigs.. Advantage Spurs.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Key 7- Birdman?? REally? Did you not see what SA did to the Grizz Bigs.. Advantage Spurs.

point taken. and I think this is the only Key that is very debatable. I just cannot ignore what Birdman has done the entire playoffs and vs the class A frontline of the Pacers. If Birdman had this run with the spurs, we'd all be calling him the 2nd best big in our team.

Still, this key is very close to being called even. El Che and the Communist party just had to make a decision and it is what it is.

Brazil
06-05-2013, 05:54 PM

how so ? Heat is a great D team obviously perimeter oriented but not sure this is one is clearly for the Spurs. When they are focused I do think they are a formidable D team

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 06:02 PM

how so ? Heat is a great D team obviously perimeter oriented but not sure this is one is clearly for the Spurs. When they are focused I do think they are a formidable D team

another good question. Spurs are 3rd in defensive efficiency behind Indiana and Memphis. Heat are 7th. It's fair to say Spurs are the better defensive team.

Yes, agree when Heat are locked in they are probably the best, but unfortunately Miami has only been locked in through stretches. And this is a prediction, so we can only go by what happened, not by what might happen. Key belongs to the Spurs.

Believe it or not if you apply these Key Methodology to the last 12+ Finals, it actually works. :tu

T Park
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
He shoots 84% because no one boxes out and allows him layups. That's all his game is is tip ins and layups....

Yeah no worried about him...

therealtruth
06-05-2013, 06:46 PM
What I like most about the Spurs run is that they're getting it done on the defensive end. If they continue to do that they probably have a slightly better offense than the Heat.

skulls138
06-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I like our 2-4, 5-8 and beyond, better. We not only have bigs, but our medium guys have length too like Green and Kawhi. The Heats guards are talented but our length should prove to be a detriment to them.

DarrinS
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Take care of the ball and the boards. My 2 keys.

gnsf0946
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
He shoots 84% because no one boxes out and allows him layups. That's all his game is is tip ins and layups....

he's not boxed out because of LeBron tbh

DarrinS
06-05-2013, 07:07 PM
another good question. Spurs are 3rd in defensive efficiency behind Indiana and Memphis. Heat are 7th. It's fair to say Spurs are the better defensive team.

Yes, agree when Heat are locked in they are probably the best, but unfortunately Miami has only been locked in through stretches. And this is a prediction, so we can only go by what happened, not by what might happen. Key belongs to the Spurs.

Believe it or not if you apply these Key Methodology to the last 12+ Finals, it actually works. :tu

But aren't the Spurs #1 in defensive efficiency in these playoffs?

gnsf0946
06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
But aren't the Spurs #1 in defensive efficiency in these playoffs?

yeah but its hardly realistic considering we went against d-league Lakers and offensively challenged Memphis although GSW did put up good offensive numbers to even it out a bit.

OTOH Miami played against 3 offensively challenged teams and is still worse :lol

Drew2354
06-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Spurs are peaking right now, as for the Heat during there streak had there peak...I say Spurs in 6.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
it's really close on that 5-8. We can say these 2 teams are DEEP.

Chalmers and Green cancel each other out...

Splitter, Bonner, Neal/Diaw/Joseph vs. Anderson, Haslem, Battier/Miller/Cole

very very close. La Revolucion just could not look the other way at Andersen's PER, it's freaking 28.1. Those are Lebron level numbers :wow and he's been doing that all playoffs and not garbage time, this is not a 1 series stretch. 15 games and counting.

If Spurs can take this scrub back down to earth I think the championship is ours. But again, a decision was made collectively by the comrades, thus the prediction.

DarrinS
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Both of these teams are capable of beating each other. And both teams tend to have off nights. Should be a great series.

Hemotivo
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
This is a toss up. Although Spurs big 3 might have more experience, all the rest are young players and their first finals. Heat big 3 also plenty finals experience. Nobody gets this key.

MATT BONNER 2007

This is also very close and could be up for discussion. But in the end the deciding factor is an ugly white boy called MATT BONNER

ShoogarBear
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM

The Spurs are more consistent but the Heat at their best are better. The single scariest thing about this series is the Heat going on their short sustained bursts of trapping and doubling and creating havoc. If the Spurs can survive those, they have a great shot at winning. If they can't they have no chance.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 08:58 PM
The Spurs are more consistent but the Heat at their best are better. The single scariest thing about this series is the Heat going on their short sustained bursts of trapping and doubling and creating havoc. If the Spurs can survive those, they have a great shot at winning. If they can't they have no chance.

yes sir. that could be

but defensive efficiency includes consistency. Using this factor has worked out for all the previous finals the Communist Party has tested with...

it is obvious if Heat play lock down D for 48 minutes this will be over quickly. But that hasnt happened in the playoffs yet.

TheGoldStandard
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
No Gary Neal ever in this series, I seriously mean that. The only possible way he should play any minutes is if we're up 40 with a minute to play.

T Park
06-05-2013, 09:04 PM
he's not boxed out because of LeBron tbh

Wrong.

T Park
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Don't see why they couldn't.

skulls138
06-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Don't see why they couldn't.Me neither. Theres a HUGE difference between Parker and George Hill when it comes to ball handling and smarts.

Budkin
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
sorry but a team that wins 27 in a row cannot possibly be called non-cohesive

also the 2011 Boston Celtics and 2012 Thunder say hi

Most of those teams were shit... and the Spurs won 20 in a row. Doesn't mean much now tbh. They could barely put away the Pacers who weren't that good.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Most of those teams were shit... and the Spurs won 20 in a row. Doesn't mean much now tbh. They could barely put away the Pacers who weren't that good.

so the 2010 Celtics or the 2012 Thunde were shit teamsr? The same 2012 Thunder team that beat the 24 win Spurs last year?

I'm gonna have to disagree there.

Budkin
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
so the 2010 Celtics or the 2012 Thunde were shit teamsr? The same 2012 Thunder team that beat the 24 win Spurs last year?

I'm gonna have to disagree there.

No I was saying the teams that the Heat beat on the streak were shit. And I said that the Spurs streak last year didn't prevent them from losing. The streak means nothing now that the Finals are starting.

cutewizard
06-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Some intangible keys for the Spurs are:

The Maturity of Splitter. Tiago has been quietly learning and growing throughout the playoffs. If he can "Emerge" then its gonna be very difficult for the Heat.

The Versatility of Diaw. Diaw is a very intelligent player, versatile, with a high bb iq. He is an intangible who could help us win with. Lets see how he does this series.

The Intuitive Play of Manu. Enough said.

So well see, let the games begin. Go Spurssssssssssssssssssssss go!!!

cutewizard
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Sorry, typo error.

"He is an intangible who could help us win."

cutewizard
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
No I was saying the teams that the Heat beat on the streak were shit. And I said that the Spurs streak last year didn't prevent them from losing. The streak means nothing now that the Finals are starting.

I agree with this one. The regular season is different from the playoffs.

In the same way, that round-robin chess tournaments are different from the classical format of the old style Candidates Matches in Classical Chess.

cutewizard
06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
The San Antonio Spurs are like World Chess Champion Vishy Anand.

He does not win a load of chess tournaments. (Like the NBA regular season

But try to arrange a chess match with him, and it is very difficult to beat him.

I feel like the Spurs are like the seasoned Anand this way........

But we shall see, hmmmm.............................................

DOS CHAINZ
06-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Missing Key - We play in the Western Conf. Eastern Conf always has 2-3 teams with losing records or sub .500 making playoffs.

LittleCriminal
06-06-2013, 01:16 AM
che bringing the hurricane katrina looted goods tbh

Please enlighten me on these looted goods you speak of, that can be found after a hurricane/flood?

in2deep
06-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Is it possible for a player to take it up another level in the finals? If yes thats encourarging but that would mean Lebron can take it up a notch :wow

cheguevara
06-06-2013, 02:51 AM

so the same shit teams the Heat beat 27 straight beat the Spurs a lot more? I am saying that a team that wins 27 straight in regular season or not is a cohesive team. There is just no evidence that the Spurs are more cohesive than the Heat. None at all.

btw, this has nothing to do with the 7 keys. They have been tested with 15 past Finals and work out. There is 1 series which incidentally is sometimes called the biggest Finals upset in history which might not work out perfectly. (Which makes me and the communist party think "experience" is not really a necessary key in the Finals, but that is another story) But the rest do.

nkdlunch
06-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Lakers Pistons?

good analysis. I'm sticking with Spurs in 6

cheguevara
06-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Andersen is shooting 75% this series :(

cheguevara
06-02-2014, 04:47 PM

thanks comrade :tu

The Communist Party is happy to announce they have joined forces with the Chinese Counterparts the CPC to prepare a 2014 version of the keys to the Finals. Stay tuned. Hell this shit might come out in a few minutes :lol

Aztecfan03
06-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Another El Che original. Piracy is illegal.

The 7 Keys to the NBA Finals.
This methodology has predicted the correct outcome in every NBA Finals since El Che bothered to look back on.

Key #1: Which team's best player is better. This also might be the tie breaking key.
This Key goes to the Miami Heat easily.

Key #2: Which team has the better 2-4 players.
This Key goes to the Spurs although its close. Duncan + Kawhi + Manu > Wade + Bosh + Allen/Chalmers

Key #3: Home Court Advantage.
Miami Heat holds this key.

Key #4: Coaching Advantage.
Spurs hold this key.

This is also very close and could be up for discussion. But in the end the deciding factor is an ugly white boy called birdman. This mofo is shooting 84% from the field while getting almost 2 blocks in limited minutes. That is historical shit right there. Him + Allen/Chalmers is probably better than any 5-8 Spurs could muster. It's fair to say if Andersen keeps shooting 80% or better this series it's over. This Key goes to the Miami Heat.

There you have it. It is all tied up 3-3.

As I said the tiebreaker is probably who holds the best player and MVP so the Heat unfortunately will most likely win the 2013 Championship. :(

But it's very close and if you compare with other series this series has the potential to resemble the Pistons-Lakers of 04 or Mavs-Heat of 11 where both road teams ultimately prevailed.

Finally I would also be very shocked if this series goes less than 6 games. This could be one for the ages. :tu

If you do the same for 2014,

#1 is still miami's but which Spurs player to use here? I guess since Parker was injured last year also, we can leave it the same

#2 Spurs by a little bit still

#3 home court is spurs this time.

#4 coaching still Spurs

#5 experience still a push.

#6 Spurs still better defense

#7 Green/Diaw/Splitter (or mills if splitter doesn't play much) are much better than heat's 5-8.

Spurs lead 5-1/

cheguevara
08-15-2014, 12:10 AM
thanks comrade :tu

The Communist Party is happy to announce they have joined forces with the Chinese Counterparts the CPC to prepare a 2014 version of the keys to the Finals. Stay tuned. Hell this shit might come out in a few minutes :lol

:tu

that shit was out and it was gooood :tu

hater
08-15-2014, 12:51 AM