PDA

View Full Version : Tech v UT set for Thanksgiving

Blake
06-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Night game on the all new FS1 Network.

DMX7
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Is FS1 just a national version of the regional FSNs?

Blake
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
From what it seems to me, yeah, FS1 will (try to) equal ESPN.

I'm also guessing they see the regional Fox sports channels being the same as the lower ESPNs

DMX7
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
What are the "lower ESPNs"?

DesignatedT
06-06-2013, 01:42 PM
When does UT travel to Lubbock for a Thanksgiving game?

Blake
06-06-2013, 02:17 PM
When does UT travel to Lubbock for a Thanksgiving game?

Probably never. Looks like UT will keep Thanksgiving as a permanent home game.

Sisk
06-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Shocking.

DesignatedT
06-06-2013, 03:59 PM

lol

Blake
06-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Why is that shocking and lol?

Sisk
06-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Why is that shocking and lol?

Sarcasm.

Blake
06-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Sarcasm.

oh, you mean like how you posting in a Tech/UT thread is shocking.

Sisk
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
oh, you mean like how you posting in a Tech/UT thread is shocking.

Precisely.

Sisk
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Also, how does it feel to know that you're forever stuck in a conference that doesn't care about anyone but the longhorns?

Blake
06-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Precisely.

Next time you cry "agsessed", I'll be sure to bump this thread

Blake
06-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Also, how does it feel to know that you're forever stuck in a conference that doesn't care about anyone but the longhorns?

that makes almost no sense.

how does it feel to know that had A&M stayed in the big 12 just one more year that they'd have played Bama for a national championship?

But knowing Aggy, they'll hang up a 2012 championship banner any way.

Sisk
06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
No guarantee we go undefeated if we were in the b12. One year is not worth spending another second in the same conference as the horns.

Blake
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah it must be nice knowing you never have to lose to UT or Tech ever again.

it must be also be nice not to have to watch A&M play on Thanksgiving for a change.

Now you can spend quality time with the relatives after dinner. :tu

Sisk
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
When did we last lose to tech? I can't remember.

We'll be playing LSU on Thanksgiving sooner than later.

Blake
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
When did we last lose to tech? I can't remember.

Too young to remember?

Sisk
06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
So we won the last three times we met? Too bad we couldn't keep that game going

DesignatedT
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
how does it feel to know that had A&M stayed in the big 12 just one more year that they'd have played Bama for a national championship?

Wouldn't have fired Sherman if it weren't for SEC move therefore wouldn't have been undefeated.

Would have still beaten tech though.

Blake
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
So we won the last three times we met? Too bad we couldn't keep that game going

We all know Tech and UT are on your mind.

Why pretend they aren't?

DesignatedT
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
We all know Tech and UT are on your mind.

Why pretend they aren't?

Sick ass burn bro!!!

unleashbaynes
06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
big 12 fans should hate A&M. in their conference every major decision is based around what the best benefit for UT is. A&M was the only school in the conf that was older and had at least as much pull financially as UT and should have done a better job getting the ball rolling to make things more fair in conference. instead they ran away and abandoned the tech's, okie state's, and baylor's to fend for themselves against UT's unstoppable and power hungry leaders.

Sisk
06-08-2013, 04:38 PM
big 12 fans should hate A&M. in their conference every major decision is based around what the best benefit for UT is. A&M was the only school in the conf that was older and had at least as much pull financially as UT and should have done a better job getting the ball rolling to make things more fair in conference. instead they ran away and abandoned the tech's, okie state's, and baylor's to fend for themselves against UT's unstoppable and power hungry leaders.

We did what was best for us, finally. It's our fault that the horns are power hungry? Bullshit.

unleashbaynes
06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
We did what was best for us, finally. It's our fault that the horns are power hungry? Bullshit.

ags were the only school that had any power and pull to stand up to UT. you guys were the fly in the ointment. the sleeping giant. could have went in on the selfish network and refused. talk about leading by example.

then, poof, you're gone and UT gets everything they could ever want, they bring in tcu to replace and be yes men, and the big 12 lays in ruins as the horns count their stacks and field a mediocre football team full of selfish men who are there for themselves and not the team, carrying the same attitudes as the men who brought them there: i want money and i want it now. and no matter how much i have, i will always screw over somebody else to have more.

Sisk
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
ags were the only school that had any power and pull to stand up to UT. you guys were the fly in the ointment. the sleeping giant. could have went in on the selfish network and refused. talk about leading by example.

then, poof, you're gone and UT gets everything they could ever want, they bring in tcu to replace and be yes men, and the big 12 lays in ruins as the horns count their stacks and field a mediocre football team full of selfish men who are there for themselves and not the team, carrying the same attitudes as the men who brought them there: i want money and i want it now. and no matter how much i have, i will always screw over somebody else to have more.

Why should we worry about tech and bayLOL when we were having the same issues with the horns as everyone else? It's clear that conference was never going to be equal. We had a much better option and took it. Any other school in the conference (outside of the horns) would have left if they had the option.

Blake
06-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Sick ass burn bro!!!

It was a serious question.

Blake
06-08-2013, 09:14 PM

fascinating perception.

Almost as fascinating as aggy thinking A&M is sooo much better off in the SEC.

unleashbaynes
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
fascinating perception.

Almost as fascinating as aggy thinking A&M is sooo much better off in the SEC.
hmmmmm lets see.

-more money
-better competition = more exposure
-recruiting way better
-not dealing with jackass UT

yeah sounds like they're kicking themselves.

unleashbaynes
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Why should we worry about tech and bayLOL when we were having the same issues with the horns as everyone else? It's clear that conference was never going to be equal. We had a much better option and took it. Any other school in the conference (outside of the horns) would have left if they had the option.

you were the only ones with the power to do shit about it.

Blake
06-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't have fired Sherman if it weren't for SEC move therefore wouldn't have been undefeated.

Would have still beaten tech though.

maybe.

Personally, i think they would have fired Sherm any way, but even if they hadn't, there is a good chance that Johnny still might have started.

What is certain though is that A&M did not even make it to a BCS game with what was their best team in what, twenty years?

Blake
06-08-2013, 09:48 PM
hmmmmm lets see.

-more money
-better competition = more exposure
-recruiting way better
-not dealing with jackass UT

yeah sounds like they're kicking themselves.

Is not dealing with UT really that great of a thing? Why?

Feel free to post exact numbers to back up those other points.

djohn2oo8
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
So they admit they left because UT is and will forever be daddy? Thought so.

Sisk
06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
So they admit they left because UT is and will forever be daddy? Thought so.

Who's daddy now?

Sisk
06-09-2013, 10:34 AM
you were the only ones with the power to do shit about it.

You didn't answer my question.

Blake
06-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Who's daddy now?

you and DesignatedT are constantly in the UT recruiting thread.

I think its clear.

Sisk
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
you and DesignatedT are constantly in the UT recruiting thread.

I think its clear.

Discussing head to head recruiting battles we've won. We do recruit against each other, after all. Maybe you could start a tech thread to discuss head to head battles with baylor.

Blake
06-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Discussing head to head recruiting battles we've won. We do recruit against each other, after all.

But you're in the SEC! What do you care?

Maybe you could start a tech thread to discuss head to head battles with baylor.

Sick ass burn bro!!!!

DesignatedT
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Maybe you could start a tech thread to discuss head to head battles with baylor.

:lol

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Who's daddy now?

:lol Scoreboard.

Sisk
06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
But you're in the SEC! What do you care?

Because we recruit head to head. Did you get confused that fast?

:lol Scoreboard.

Thank goodness. Ensured Sherman's firing and ended up with Sumlin. You take that W - I'll be happy with the #1 recruiting class for 2014.

Slutter McGee
06-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Who's daddy now?

I don't know. Have you guys changed your fight song yet?

Slutter McGee

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't know. Have you guys changed your fight song yet?

Slutter McGee

:lol

Blake
06-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Because we recruit head to head. Did you get confused that fast?

start an A&M recruiting thread and see how many horns come to your thread.

We all know you won't because you know that UT is still your biological father.

Sisk
06-09-2013, 03:26 PM
start an A&M recruiting thread and see how many horns come to your thread.

We all know you won't because you know that UT is still your biological father.

As has been discussed many times - TFloss keeps that thread going with great information relevant to A&M recruiting. I don't have as many resources as him or the system he has setup to be updating a thread as effectively as he does.

Blake
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
As has been discussed many times - TFloss keeps that thread going with great information relevant to A&M recruiting. I don't have as many resources as him or the system he has setup to be updating a thread as effectively as he does.

TFloss gives recruiting info on just about every relevant Texas school.

The reason you're in there dropping names on who A&M is recruiting is because you know who's still your boss.

The Reckoning
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM

could be due to his academic credentials tbh

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Blake - you see any of these new helmets yet? I think it's kinda funny Kliff has a clause in his contract which puts him in charge of uniform design, but hey, they players seem pretty pumped up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2225995/ttu_helmets.jpg

leemajors
07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
hideous. the old red on black way better imo

DesignatedT
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
lol those are awful.

Blake
07-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Blake - you see any of these new helmets yet? I think it's kinda funny Kliff has a clause in his contract which puts him in charge of uniform design, but hey, they players seem pretty pumped up.

lolwtfbbq? Seven of those 10 are fucking awful. Wtf is up with that shit gray?

Just fucking awful.

leemajors
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
looks very zorro-ish tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
07-31-2013, 12:08 AM

Just fucking awful.

I like the 2nd and 3rd from the top right and that's it. Hopefully these were just the recruiting concepts, Under Armour is better than this.

NFO
07-31-2013, 07:56 AM

Just fucking awful.

You have to wonder who honestly comes up with these things. For every 10 alternate/retro helemets these design companies come up with for teams only 1 or 2 are even remotely decent looking.

Somebody got paid to do it though.

Blake
07-31-2013, 07:56 AM
looks very zorro-ish tbh.

The real life one does too except for years when it's a blonde chick

rjv
07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
do they throw tortillas at zorro, too?

the chronic
07-31-2013, 12:02 PM
do they throw tortillas at zorro, too?

:lol:lol:lol

lolwat
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM
A thread about Texas vs Texas Tech gets overrun with aggy? There's a shocker.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Who's daddy now?
Texas: 76
lolAggie: 37

Pretty clear who daddy is, tbh...

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Holy shit wtf??? We have the best school colors out of anyone, how did they manage to fuck that up?

The whites i could get into, there might be a black in there that i like if i could see them better. The gray is just a huge no as well as anything with that masked rider logo.

Spur|n|Austin
08-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Holy shit wtf??? We have the best school colors out of anyone, how did they manage to fuck that up?

The whites i could get into, there might be a black in there that i like if i could see them better. The gray is just a huge no as well as anything with that masked rider logo.

Agree on the gray and the masked rider - I actually like the 4 on the right though. Now I'm curious as to how our uniforms are going to look..

leemajors
08-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Agree on the gray and the masked rider - I actually like the 4 on the right though. Now I'm curious as to how our uniforms are going to look..

bottom right looks like a nebraska helmet on that side.

Sisk
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Ask recruits how much they care about all time H2H records.