PDA

View Full Version : Will Bosh (career 28.8% 3pt shooter) continue to shoot 48% from 3 in these playoffs?

Splits
06-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Chris Bosh has never been a 3 point threat. As a matter of fact, he's 28.8% from distance in his career on 0.4 attempts per game.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshcareer1.png

As you can see in the above graphic, it has never been part of the Heat gameplan for Bosh to shoot 3s. In 3 seasons with the Heat, he has never shot better than 29%, which is a horrible percentage, and he averages less than 1 attempt every 2 games.

For reference, the league average from downtown is 35%.

Chris Bosh has never been a 3pt threat.

Now, Miami was barely able to survive the Pacers series, being pushed to 7 games. Were they reliant on Bosh from distance? Since he shoots a miserable percentage from deep and averages less than 1 attempt every 2 games, the Heat better hope he wasn't living beyond the arc. But...

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshpacers2.png

Holy shit! He took more than 2 3s a game, more than triple his career average, and shot 50%! Is this a statistical anomaly for a career 28% shooter?

In 16 games in the playoffs this year, Bosh has shot 31 3s and made 15 of them for a mark of 48.4%. He is shooting 45.7% from the field overall:

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshoverall.png

Can he continue this hot shooting from distance? Not only do the 3s themselves hurt, but it stretches the defense on a career-horrilbe 3pt shooter all the way out to the margins.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Spurs would be happy with Bosh jacking up 3s.

Mathematics say he is due to regress to the mean.

If he does, and keeps shooting the same rate as his career percentage, the Spurs are in excellent shape.

If he doesn't, the Spurs are in deep deep trouble.

BatManu20
06-05-2013, 11:53 PM
^Lol

He's always plays well against the Spurs for whatever reason so I don't see why he wouldn't unfortunately.

JingleJangleJingle
06-05-2013, 11:55 PM
na...he will probably shoot around 60% against us :(

siraulo23
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
not quite prolly 38% and thats more than enough to kill the spurs

DOS CHAINZ
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
I bet he's at home right now watching a looped video of his game winner vs Spurs earlier this yr.

TheGoldStandard
06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
If nobody put hand up or don't chase ball he won't shoot good.

dg7md
06-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Nope.

Instead, some scrub like Mike Miller will shoot 85 percent against us.

elmanutres
06-06-2013, 01:41 AM
I bet he's at home right now watching a looped video of his game winner vs Spurs earlier this yr.
Probably the edited version where it cuts Norris Cole flopping on Leonard playing good D

jimbo
06-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Probably the edited version where it cuts Norris Cole flopping on Leonard playing good D

And Tony Parker traveled like 2 possessions before that (obviously enough for Sean to comment on it)

shit happens tbh

timmy2003
06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Splitter need to lock him down.

Mal
06-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Nope.

Instead, some scrub like Mike Miller will shoot 85 percent against us.

Or Ray Allen

tesseractive
06-06-2013, 03:42 AM
He's averaging one make a game. It's not something we need to spend a lot of time planning our defensive strategy around.

We just live with it unless he starts making them in volume.

in2deep
06-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Unfortunately. Bosh who has been shootin 30% vs pacers. Will probably shoot 50% vs Spurs. He owns us for some reason

BillMc
06-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Unfortunately. Bosh who has been shootin 30% vs pacers. Will probably shoot 50% vs Spurs. He owns us for some reason

Bosh can hit the long 2, which our defense allows by design. He's also good at taking Timmy off the dribble if Duncan goes out to the perimeter on him. We need to stick Tiago or Diaw on Bosh, and let TD stay home in the paint with Hasleem/Birdman

boutons_deux
06-06-2013, 05:52 AM
CB avg'd under 9 pts over 7 games vs Indiana, no matter what his 3PT %age, he's not a scoring threat.

boutons_deux
06-06-2013, 05:55 AM
in the playoffs, Spurs and Heat both shoot 36% 3G

TimmyDuncan21
06-06-2013, 06:10 AM
I predict he hits one 3 every game...He plays so soft :wakeup

SA210
06-06-2013, 07:37 AM
He'll probably be wide open like we usually leave players for open 3's and we have the tendency to make players look better than they are. Now we have to watch him scream and unhinge his jaw for an entire series.

Homeland Security
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Chris Bosh is one of the two or three best in the league at hitting that 16-20 foot jumper when left open on the pick-and-roll. Since the Spurs defense is designed to give up that shot to a 4/5, it just means the Heat are a really difficult matchup for the Spurs. If Miami is able to go with their small-ball lineup then the Spurs won't be able to afford to cheat off anybody to run him off that shot, or else the Heat will be able to make two passes and shoot an open corner 3. Leave Bosh open, and he'll get in rhythm, shoot 60%, and even start pushing his range out behind the line. There are no good answers, which is why the Spurs are going to get humiliated.

41times
06-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Not against the Spurs defense he won't.

You are what you are and at the end of the series he will be around 29-30%

Raven
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
if he keeps playing like he has against indiana, i'm completely fine.

eyeh8u
06-06-2013, 10:20 AM
he will probably have and iblakaesqe 20/20 game or two

scramby eggs
06-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I would say Bosh would return to form, but with the history of the Spurs luck I would not be surprised if he catches fire and has a career best series from behind the arc. He is going to have a lot of wide open looks

Kool Bob Love
06-06-2013, 10:33 PM
BUMP:toast

freetiago
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
he regressed to the mean

ca®lo
06-06-2013, 10:51 PM
BOSH FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEE CLANK

Splits
06-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Hilarious that people don't see Raptorface 3's as a huge consequence to this series.

0-4 in game 1.

Spurs advantage = 1-0.

Splits
06-08-2013, 06:10 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2013/06/07/chris-bosh-ugly-shot-selection-game-1-miami-heat-vs-san-antonio-spurs-finals/2402275/

Chris Bosh defends shot selection after ugly Game 1

MIAMI — Gregg Popovich was doing what Gregg Popovich does Friday, the San Antonio Spurs coach saying all the smart things that one says when outside perception is in play.

He downplayed his team's role in slowing the defending champions in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday. He sought to lessen the chances that the opponent gets excited about anything on his quote sheet while maximizing each and every edge available.

And then there was Chris Bosh.

The Miami Heat center, whose struggles are threatening to railroad the title defense, painted a puzzling picture as he discussed his role in this 1-0 Spurs series lead. He defended his decision to fire away from long-range in the opener (0-for-4 on three-pointers) while dissecting his game as if this were a training camp visit with the news media.

He says he has been working on this latest addition to his game all season and apparently figures the Finals are as good a laboratory as any to test this experiment.

"They can give (those shots) to me, and I'll take it," Bosh said. "I'll take any open shot. I just missed a couple. I think one was a bad shot. I probably could've had a better option, but if they want to leave me open then that's cool with me.
"I'm not going to compromise my whole body of work off of one series or two games, or three games, or half a season for that matter. You know, I just have to capitalize on situations. Sometimes you've just got to make shots. I understand that. You have to have the confidence and, really, the know-how to just be able to let it go and move on to the next possession and the next shot."

After Bosh described the ripple effect of this strategy, how his penetration game becomes more difficult when he's farther from the basket and makes life easier on opposing defenses, he seemed surprised when asked if he might want to rethink his approach.

"I shot four of them (three-pointers) yesterday," he said. "I'm sure I'll be open again in Game 2 — probably going to shoot those, so no (he's not rethinking it)."

It's not about the three-pointers with Bosh as much as it is the message he sent by standing his decision to keep shooting them. It seems clear his confidence is shaken.

That much would be understandable considering he has hit 28.0% if his shots in the last five games while averaging 8.2 points. In 17 playoff games, he's averaging 12.3 points on 44.5% shooting while grabbing 6.5 rebounds a game. His regular season numbers, by comparison, were 16.6 points a game on 53.5% shooting and 6.8 rebounds. That said, his three-point shooting has improved from 28.4% in the regular season to 42.9% in the playoffs.

KL2
06-08-2013, 06:14 AM
He work on his 3 just like bron I remember bad shooter like Jason Kid but he fix so did player like Jordan

Bosh good he shot good all yr and playoff I think he can play at 3 just like your person Matt bonner

I wanna see this guy and Ducks have a debate.

therealtruth
06-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I don't know what Pop's strategy is but giving someone a steady dose of open looks can't be good.

Leetonidas
06-08-2013, 07:27 AM
He work on his 3 just like bron I remember bad shooter like Jason Kid but he fix so did player like Jordan

Bosh good he shot good all yr and playoff I think he can play at 3 just like your person Matt bonner

you are a massive faggot

Holt's Cat
06-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I wanna see this guy and Ducks have a debate.

:tu