Mugen
06-06-2013, 10:15 AM
:lol Nuggets

AchillesHeel
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3852305/lebron-about-damn-time-o.gif

Mugen
06-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Still a great move tbh. How GK gets mentioned among the best coaches year after year is mind boggling considering his teams have historically been shitty in the halfcourt.

illusioNtEk
06-06-2013, 10:21 AM
he has always sucked

timtonymanu
06-06-2013, 10:21 AM
How many head coaches is that now?

It seems like half the league has fired a coach.

timtonymanu
06-06-2013, 10:22 AM
1st round exits got old after a while.

Juggity
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
First time a reigning coach of the year has been fired?

JMarkJohns
06-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Karl to Clippers

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I'd take him for the Clippers.

JMarkJohns
06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
He seems perfect, assuming Paul signs off.

Mugen
06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, Clippers wouldn't surprise me. Maybe even the Raps if they decide to fire their black head coach. But GK does nothing to remedy the fact that Floppy is the only halfcourt player the Clipps have tbh.

MeloHype
06-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Doesn't CP3 want a black coach? Lmao

Mal
06-06-2013, 10:30 AM
I'd take him for the Clippers.

Great monkeyball teacher.

Wait, wasnt he chosen COTY ?

Splits
06-06-2013, 10:35 AM
If true, stupid move. Not that he's the 2nd coming but there's not exactly a great selection of coaches at the moment. Did he personally slice Galo's ACL?

Raven
06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Karl to Clippers

no brainer tbh

unleashbaynes
06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
nuggs disappoint in the playoffs every year. not surprising.

LarryDavid
06-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Lionel Hollins to the Nuggets?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-06-2013, 10:41 AM
WOW! What a stupid move LOL

Clipper Nation
06-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I've always felt he was slightly overrated as a head coach considering his playoff failures, though he hasn't always had the most stacked rosters....

That being said, WTF are the Nuggets doing? They somehow lost the EoY and CoY in the same offseason..... maybe they're planning on tanking for Wiggins?

I think he'll end up in either Brooklyn or the Clippers depending on who loses out on Brian Shaw..... though his playoff failures make me a little nervous about hiring the guy, he's still better than leftover garbage like Byron Scott and Alvin Gentry....

coyotes_geek
06-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Bad move by the Nuggets. He won't be unemployed for long though.

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Coach of the year? I'm not sure I want that legacy," Karl said Wednesday. "Have you seen what happens to guys who win coach of the year?"The award is cursed. Ask any of these winners from the past 10 years.

:lol

whitemamba
06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
someone will pick him up

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Karl is an above average coach, despite his playoff failures, he's better than the majority of garbage coaches in the NBA, tbh..

This move is funny because it further validates the claim that I've been making all year, which is that Nuggets fans and people that argued that Denver is even a dark horse contender are fucking delusional:lol..

A bunch of people upstairs had the balls to attack me for saying Denver would flame out in the playoffs:lol..this is the RealGM hardcore, advanced stats novice fans that I hate, tbh, the type of niggas that believe in teams like the Nuggets and Warriors:lol..

Sorry, but if niggas like Kenneth Faried are one of your best players, you aren't winning dick..

elemento
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
RS coach. Can't do shit in the playoffs.

Denver did well.

Jordanobili2320
06-06-2013, 11:23 AM
isn't there a difference between getting "fired" and not getting an extension? He was informed there was no new contract, he wasn't fired...get your facts straight...

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah he's not fired.

Mugen
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Karl is an above average coach, despite his playoff failures, he's better than the majority of garbage coaches in the NBA, tbh..

This move is funny because it further validates the claim that I've been making all year, which is that Nuggets fans and people that argued that Denver is even a dark horse contender are fucking delusional:lol..

A bunch of people upstairs had the balls to attack me for saying Denver would flame out in the playoffs:lol..this is the RealGM hardcore, advanced stats novice fans that I hate, tbh, the type of niggas that believe in teams like the Nuggets and Warriors:lol..

Sorry, but if niggas like Kenneth Faried are one of your best players, you aren't winning dick..

Don't lump in my beloved Warriors with perennial playoff flameouts like dem Nuggets tbh. Next year will be tougher since the coach left for Sacramento but Barnes will breakout and they'll be top 4 IMO.

Clipper Nation
06-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Apparently the Grizz are looking at Karl as well? Not sure why, the roster would be a terrible fit for Karl and they'd do well just to promote Joerger, tbh....

coyotes_geek
06-06-2013, 11:57 AM
isn't there a difference between getting "fired" and not getting an extension? He was informed there was no new contract, he wasn't fired...get your facts straight...

He got fired.

With one year left on his contract, Karl was pushing for an extension and ownership was unwilling to make the commitment. With a sense that Denver could be facing a season of acrimony, CEO Josh Kroenke decided to part ways with Karl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--nuggets-fire-coach-george-karl-152614807.html

Grit and Grind
06-06-2013, 12:01 PM

What's wrong with Faried

Chris
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Faried was a highlight reel for the first three quarters of the regular season, then he leveled out. My guess is he was out of gas, and wasn't used to the grind of the NBA regular season along with making the playoffs.

TheRealCB
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Karl is not a top 5 coach,but certainly top 10..Them Nuggets are pretty stupid if they think they can get past the first round with any other coach with this roster.. I mean hell,Galo didn't even play..With the shooters Nuggets have,I could help them of the bench. We can't get far that way.

Plus,Gentry is a great coach (I don't remember who called him shitty)

illusioNtEk
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
him and the clippers would be good for a 1st round exit

PingPong
06-06-2013, 12:41 PM
He made JaVaLe McGee looks like na NBA player, insteado of na ape throwing shit ramdomly. Respect. Nuggs are a bunch of scrubs.

coyotes_geek
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
The Nuggets were 1 game away from being the #2 seed as they had the tiebreaker against the Spurs. I wonder if this move gets made had the Nuggets gotten to take out the injury depleted lakers in the first round before losing to the Spurs in the conference semis?

baseline bum
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
The Nuggets have no inbound plays, which is why they blew winnable games against the Lakers in the 09 WCF. When I heard Billups bitch about that, I was floored. Don't see what's so special about Karl.

BobaFett1
06-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Nuggets overachieved

AaronY
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Aren't there multiple Nuggets fan on here?..

When the hell's dey gonna chime in?..

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Heck yeh!!

Nuggets fans know this is a great move.

Go get Shaw!!

Mugen
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Heck yeh!!

Nuggets fans know this is a great move.

Go get Shaw!!

Shaw isn't transforming that roster into a legit contender tbh. I'd be much intrigued about who the new GM is rather than the coach. Either way, letting go of Karl was a good move.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Shaw is relatively young, and so is the team.

Give them a chance to grow together and see what happens.

I don't care if they win 45 games, just as long as they make the playoffs and win a series at least

DMC
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Shaw would be a mistake. They don't need rookie coaches with rookie players. They don't need to grow together. They need a seasoned, proven coach who comes in with a box of sandwiches and road maps, and based on your response you know which you're getting.

Reck
06-06-2013, 04:04 PM
1st round exits got old after a while.

Yep, lets stride to miss the playoffs entirely now.

:lol Nuggets
:lol McGee about to go full on retard now that Karl's not there to keep him in check

Clipper Nation
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep, lets stride to miss the playoffs entirely now.
Considering Wiggins is in next year's draft class, that might not be a bad idea for the Nuggets, tbh.....

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Nuggets are too talented to tank tbh.

Seventyniner
06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
The Nuggets were 1 game away from being the #2 seed as they had the tiebreaker against the Spurs. I wonder if this move gets made had the Nuggets gotten to take out the injury depleted lakers in the first round before losing to the Spurs in the conference semis?

Furious George underachieves so much in the playoffs, though, that part of me thinks he'd find a way to lose to that shitstorm that was the 2013 Lakers.

It's like dropping a cat off a building with a piece of toast butter-side up strapped to its back. Cats always land on their feet, but dropped toast always lands butter-side down. What happens?

My favorite answer was that just before hitting the ground, the cat would hover in the air, spinning wildly, while the universe tried to sort out the paradox.

DMC
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Furious George underachieves so much in the playoffs, though, that part of me thinks he'd find a way to lose to that shitstorm that was the 2013 Lakers.

It's like dropping a cat off a building with a piece of toast butter-side up strapped to its back. Cats always land on their feet, but dropped toast always lands butter-side down. What happens?

My favorite answer was that just before hitting the ground, the cat would hover in the air, spinning wildly, while the universe tried to sort out the paradox.

You fucked up the toast already when you put butter on it, then when you strapped it to the cat. There's no reason for it to fall in a certain way.

However I tried this and the cat still tries to land on it's feet. The velocity in which you throw the cat can affect the outcome.

Wasn't that Schrodinger who said "never throw a cat off a roof with toast on it's back, because it will neither live nor die"?

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I also hate to see the same coaches getting the same gig in the NBA, look if the guy is unsuccessful managing his team before, good chance he'll fail running yours too. Enough of this recycled BS.

StrengthAndHonor
06-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hGeorge Karl didn't want to go into the final year of his contract without an extension. Didn't want to be lame duck. Lost power struggle.ExpandChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hA new NBA record has been set for the Coach of the Year jinx. George Karl is gone 29 days after winning the award.ExpandChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hManagement wouldn't have minded George Karl develop younger players in general more even if would have meant winning few less games than 57ExpandChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hManagement believed George Karl played Andre Miller too much. Wanted to see Evan Fournier get more development during regular season.ExpandChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hManagement wanted George Karl to play JaVale McGee more after they paid him all this money. Wanted him to start over Koufos but Karl said noExpand Reply Retweet Favorite MoreChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hManagement blamed George Karl for losing Golden State series. Believed he panicked by matching up small rather than by playing Nuggets game.ExpandChris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 2hSpoke to some sources. In upcoming tweets, will give some reasons why George Karl was fired.Chris Tomasson was the Nuggets beat writer for a long time, and still has plenty of connections to the front office.

MaineSpursFan
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Karl to the Celtics, allowing them to pull the trigger on the Pierce KG Rivers to Clippers with celtics getting whatever expiring / trade bait in return to rebuild. book it.

Clipper Nation
06-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Karl to the Celtics, allowing them to pull the trigger on the Pierce KG Rivers to Clippers with celtics getting whatever expiring / trade bait in return to rebuild. book it.
:lol Wut? Clippers don't even want Doc.... it's between Shaw and Karl....

Captivus
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Either they know a lot about basketball, or they made a mistake.

racm
06-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Karl is probably the only other coach I don't trust in the playoffs...

8 first round exits in 9 seasons, with the circumstances getting worse (2004-2008 his team just wasn't good enough and routinely faced the championship teams. 2010-2013... no excuse for losing to Jazz/Thunder, and 2013 is especially horrible because Denver had a much better SRS than Golden State, and Mark Jackson was a rookie coach in the playoffs).

Arcadian
06-06-2013, 11:22 PM
:lol What the fuck? How can you fire a coach the same year he won Coach of the Year? That's like trading away the league MVP the same year he won MVP.

If this can happen, no coach's job is safe...

...except Pop.

racm
06-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Consider that Pop is the only coach to win two COYs with the same team since Don Nelson in the 80s with Milwaukee, sons...

Leon Black
06-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Hope his sorry ass goes to the Clippers :lol........... first round exits for the next 4-5 years.

lefty
06-07-2013, 02:03 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2013/06/06/karl-ujiri-2011.jpg

leemajors
06-07-2013, 05:42 AM
What's wrong with Faried

He didn't say anything was wrong with him, but he should not be one of your top players.

rayjayjohnson
06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
i'm less pissed off about this than i thought i would be

99 Problems
06-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Galo knee, George sent packing, next Iggy flyin out? Yer Nuggs got it happening thing.

99 Problems
06-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Ujiri.