PDA

View Full Version : Stern and the Spurs...

NickiRasgo
06-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Just a random thought. Do you hink the Spurs will finally have a fair treatment from Stern? Or even gives the Spurs the edge? We know it's impossible because Stern hates the Spurs but if Stern is smart, he should choose the Spurs. Since 1999, Spurs never been the favorites by the majority of those people who'll watch NBA Finals and or no one talks about us until now. This Final Series it not only about us, Spurs fans but this will impact also to those majority of:

Los Angeles Lakers fans (or "fans")
Kobe Bryant fans
Fans of the other 27 teams
Heat haters
LeBron haters
Basketball fans
Aussie fans
Argentinian fans
Brazilian fans
French fans
T-Mac fans
etc...

...who will root for us. They want us to win title rather than the Heat or LeBron winning another title. If Stern would still pick the Heat, in terms of giving the advantage in officiating to help the Heat to win, majority who watched the Finals would be pissed. I dunno if that could the NBA ratings but we know Stern only care about the ratings so he really should buy the "Spurs dethroning the Heat or LeBron" rather than the "Heat defends it's title" or "LeBron wins another title".

I'm not saying that Stern should gives us the advantage but I'm only hoping that Stern should treats us fairly. Hopes you get my point or what I'm trying to say. I'm really sleepy when I made this one random thought. :lol Anyway. Let's hope for the best tomorrow, good night Spurs fan!

Go! Spurs! Go! :flag:

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I completely agree with you 100%. For the first time in his half-rigged league of favoritism to the big markets, Stern should do something right. The perfect scenario to finish his reign would be by doing the right thing and giving America what they want, which is the Spurs to dethrone the Heat and their bought championship.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2013, 11:02 AM
No Stern is on the phone right now telling the refs to rig this game and the entire series..

don't bother watching tonight..

Budkin
06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
The Spurs WILL be punished for their disrespect to Stern. Book it.

ElNono
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img846/1092/davidsternehhhh.png

Vash StampedE
06-06-2013, 01:28 PM
If getting high ratings for this Finals is what Stern/NBA aims for, I think he has already achieved that with the Heat already in the last stage and with "lebron-trying-to-avenge-the-2007-finals-swept" hype put in place. However, if he wants to market a bigger image of Lebron and help augment Lebron's legacy into something Jordan-like or better, then the Spurs and us fans are in a bad situation.

I still believe that Stern is a great commissioner for the NBA amidst the conspiracy I have heard/read of. Let's just hope for a fair and unbiased officiating: let the players play and let the game decide who the better team is, like what transpired during 2011 when the Mavs won. Given that, I'm very confident that the Spurs could take down the Heat. I expect this finals to be an exciting one and an instant classic.

jestersmash
06-06-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't think he really cares at this point. If anything, if I was David Stern, I'd use my "influence" to prolong the series as long as possible. A hard fought, 7 game series is more lucrative than one where Miami wins quickly in 5, for example.

In that regard, I think the Spurs have an advantage as the underdogs. I think Miami would probably win a fairly reffed series, but the Spurs might get a boost in, say, game 2 to push the series towards 1-1 (if Miami wins tonight). Miami going up 2-0 early will probably be bad for ratings.

chapnis
06-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Lol. I don't think there will be any bias. The best team will win

superjames1992
06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
If their truly was a conspiracy against the Spurs, it would be rather strange that the Spurs have won four (and possibly five) titles under his reign, wouldn't it?

Poolboy5623
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
If their truly was a conspiracy against the Spurs, it would be rather strange that the Spurs have won four (and possibly five) titles under his reign, wouldn't it?

The spurs have had success, just so the conspiracy theorists stay at bay. If it weren't for the spurs and their titles, one would have quite a bit of evidence against the nba. There's also the claim, that while the nba ratings were low in the US, they set records worldwide, with their European players. Stern couldn't help but love the impact the spurs had/have Internationally..

Spur|n|Austin
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Stern does not control the damn games people.

thunderup
06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
If yall get screwed over by the refs it'll be obvious. Just play yalls game and don't beat yallselves and yall will give yallselves a chance.

I. Hustle
06-06-2013, 02:51 PM
If yall get screwed over by the refs it'll be obvious. Just play yalls game and don't beat yallselves and yall will give yallselves a chance.

Good talk. I'm gonna do my best. I have my gameplan ready and I am just going to focus on my game and not let them dictate what happens. No matter what happens out there I am just going to stick to your advice and do me.

Spur|n|Austin
06-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Good talk. I'm gonna do my best. I have my gameplan ready and I am just going to focus on my game and not let them dictate what happens. No matter what happens out there I am just going to stick to your advice and do me.

Just leave it all on the court man.

I. Hustle
06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Just leave it all on the court man.

I fully intend to. I have my eyes on the prize. There's no turning back. I'm in it to win it. There's no stopping me now. I'm just going to put my head down and keep pushing forward.

snickles
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
not saying that i believe or disbelieve the conspiracy theories, but it would be a bit dangerous to have officials ordered to "make questionable calls" during the biggest, most watched games of the year. lots of eyes keeping track of every little thing...if the refs miss a strong of obvious calls late in a close game, the fans and media will without a doubt call them out.

thats assuming stern even cares about the credibility of the league....which at this point may be a stretch.....

purednuht
06-06-2013, 03:55 PM

.ecnahc a sevlesllay evig lliw llay dna sevlesllay taeb t'nod dna emag sllay yalp tsuJ .suoivbo eb ll'ti sfer eht yb revo dewercs teg llay fI

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-06-2013, 05:59 PM

What if it could have been 6 or 7 titles?

wut
06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Look you're not looking at it right, the way Stern sees the Heat over Spurs is this: "Duncan Era Over....All Hail King James". I hated even writing this because I know this might just be the bullshit ESPN comes up with tbh.

NickiRasgo
06-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Good thing that the officiating last Game 1 was fair, hopes it continues like that.

Yup Stern does not control the game but do you still remember what happened last WCF Game 6? Audience or fans wants a duel between Durant and LeBron and it happens. I think it's safe to say that Stern can control who will be in the NBA Finals.

Look you're not looking at it right, the way Stern sees the Heat over Spurs is this: "Duncan Era Over....All Hail King James". I hated even writing this because I know this might just be the bullshit ESPN comes up with tbh.

Not really. If Stern really cares about the fans, he would favor us. I'm already good with fair officiating, hoping 'til the end of the NBA Finals and hopefully it's our Spurs. Stern could look it that way but I dunno in the aspect of news or media, Spurs winning the championship again would make the news value higher rather than the Heat winning again. People or audience wants change, if the Heat wins again, news would be the same again. If the Spurs wins, a lot of topics about us could generate even for the last 16 years NBA Playoffs run. And fans want underdog team. And with that, somehow it's the best way for Stern to somehow clean his image before he leaves the NBA, we all know he kinda babying a lot of superstar or team.

capek
06-09-2013, 09:17 AM

Oh you naive git

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2a18cC9rD1qk4a0ho1_1280.jpg

BillMc
06-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh you naive git

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2a18cC9rD1qk4a0ho1_1280.jpg

:lmao

Chomag
06-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Spurs just need to play good enough where the refs arnt even a factor either way.

fukyoteamclown
06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Y'all bitch and make a ton of excuses...the team we support on the other hand does not. I wish a lot of you would stop whining all the time about conspiracies and shit.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Y'all bitch and make a ton of excuses...the team we support on the other hand does not. I wish a lot of you would stop whining all the time about conspiracies and shit.We complain because they are true. The NBA is not completely rigged but the refs have so much power to influence the outcome of a game. We witnessed last year what happened on Game 6 @ OKC of the 2012 WCF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGBuvk1cxpY http://www.620wdae.com/player/?station=WDAE-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=TomJonesRickStroud.xml&mid=23307303

romain.star
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Stern does not decide who wins and loses for fuck sake.

Do you understand how super risky fixing games would be for a man in his position? If he wanted to protect big markets, do you really think this is how he would operate?

He is the Commissioner of a League whose system gives opportunities (Draft, Salary cap) for small markets like SA or OKC to compete with LA, Chicago or NYC.

Stop with that shit already

dbestpro
06-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Stern does not decide who wins and loses for fuck sake.

Do you understand how super risky fixing games would be for a man in his position?

Games are not fixed, they are nudged for the sake of merchandising. International marketing is expected to triple over the next two to three years. One might argue that the Spurs have not been interfered with this year because they market well, internationally.

romain.star
06-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Games are not fixed, they are nudged for the sake of merchandising. International marketing is expected to triple over the next two to three years. One might argue that the Spurs have not been interfered with this year because they market well, internationally.

Concretly how does one nudge a game?

International marketing has been a League priority for about a decade and the Spurs market well internationally for a about a decade too. So I'm not sure where you want to go with that...