PDA

View Full Version : 1000 yard shot with 50 cal. -- standing

DarrinS
06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
u3BUnHiv6AA

pawe
06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Awesome shot.
Must be just freak luck to hit that in 1 try.
I mean he's a marksman so he knows the elevation and the proper stance and stability but getting the right appropriation of the wind and the fact he has to hurry up the shot because of the weight of the rifle is extremely lucky.

CubanSucks
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Makes me miss Chris Kyle even more

Wild Cobra
06-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Awesome shot.
Must be just freak luck to hit that in 1 try.
I mean he's a marksman so he knows the elevation and the proper stance and stability but getting the right appropriation of the wind and the fact he has to hurry up the shot because of the weight of the rifle is extremely lucky.
They probably have wind indicators that he checked, plus, the bullet is traveling at mach 3...

As long as he can hold steady standing up, I see it as skill rather than luck. He looks plenty strong to hold it steady.

Suspect
06-07-2013, 01:47 AM
white people entertained so easily

The Reckoning
06-07-2013, 04:12 AM
white people entertained so easily

well we do love wayne brady

DMC
06-08-2013, 06:06 PM
They probably have wind indicators that he checked, plus, the bullet is traveling at mach 3...

As long as he can hold steady standing up, I see it as skill rather than luck. He looks plenty strong to hold it steady.

Please stfu. It's not a skill to hit a man sized target at 1K standing with a 50. It's luck. If it was skill he could do it twice.

No one has that skill to hit that target on the 1st shot standing with a 50. I suppose a full court shot in basketball that goes in is skill as well.

The dude in the video says the bullet is traveling a mach 3. Are you an expert on this as well?

Wild Cobra
06-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Please stfu. It's not a skill to hit a man sized target at 1K standing with a 50. It's luck. If it was skill he could do it twice.

No one has that skill to hit that target on the 1st shot standing with a 50. I suppose a full court shot in basketball that goes in is skill as well.

The dude in the video says the bullet is traveling a mach 3. Are you an expert on this as well?
Wow...

I think it's time for someone to change your diapers.

AaronY
06-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Excellent debate

DMC
06-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Wow...

I think it's time for someone to change your diapers.

Why don't you find me on Google Earth and come do it yourself?

I'm sure you're an expert at that too.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Why don't you find me on Google Earth and come do it yourself?

I'm sure you're an expert at that too.
LOL...

Why don't you just STFU crybaby.

You say shit like STFU, and you expect people not to react? Fuck you. You say that bullshit without addressing any valid point, so fuck you.

DMC
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
LOL...

Why don't you just STFU crybaby.

You say shit like STFU, and you expect people not to react? Fuck you. You say that bullshit without addressing any valid point, so fuck you.

What valid point did you make? You said it was a skill to shoot 1000 yards standing with a 50 and hit a man sized target. That's something only an idiot would say. Then you went on to point out the velocity of the round, which is stated in the video already, as if you're Gunny fucking Hathcock. You Hathcock but it's up your ass.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2013, 07:37 PM
What valid point did you make? You said it was a skill to shoot 1000 yards standing with a 50 and hit a man sized target. That's something only an idiot would say. Then you went on to point out the velocity of the round, which is stated in the video already, as if you're Gunny fucking Hathcock. You Hathcock but it's up your ass.

My god. It's obvious you make fun of me, telling me to STFU when you are obviously clueless to the facts.

I have shot various weapons enough that I know the difficulties involved. However, it comes down to how steady a person is.

You pointed out "50 cal" as if that makes it less accurate. So? It wasn't just any 50 cal weapon. Was it...

1) Technically, mach 3 is accurate. Saying 3.0 wouldn't be since the muzzle velocity converts to mach 2.51.

2) That weapon is likely over $10,000 to buy today. It is an extremely accurate weapon.

3) It has an effective range of 1,969 yard.

At this point, it becomes the skill of the shooter. As long as he can hold steady enough, it isn't luck.

Wild Cobra
06-09-2013, 12:39 AM
For anyone interested:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/military/BarretM107_zpsc35e028f.png (http://www.barrett.net/pdfs/Price-List.pdf)

AaronY
06-09-2013, 03:57 AM
well we do love wayne brady
Don't understand ur sig, tbh..

Wild Cobra
06-13-2013, 03:06 AM
DMC...

Where are you...