PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Candlebra

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Watched it on demand last night. Wow.

I would have never in a million years cast Michael Douglas in that part but he was freaking amazing.

Sportcamper
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I don’t think I could sit through it…Liberace gives me the creeps….

Reck
06-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I was going to download that movie but reading some reviews I decided I didn't want to see it.

This movie is supposed to be full of raw gay scenes.

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I was going to download that movie but reading some reviews I decided I didn't want to see it.

This movie is supposed to be full of raw gay scenes.

Oh, it definitely deals with gay sex but it's not really explicit.

I really think if it had opened at the theaters instead of HBO Michael Douglas would win the oscar for best performance. He was that good.

DMC
06-06-2013, 03:48 PM

I really think if it had opened at the theaters instead of HBO Michael Douglas would win the oscar for best performance. He was that good.

I'm guessing he caused a twitch in your nether regions you've not felt in decades.

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing he caused a twitch in your nether regions you've not felt in decades.

I was wondering which homophobe would be the first to chime in.

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
fp3wAyRf15c

baseline bum
06-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Wow, son is really reacting badly to the cunnilingal cancer.

leemajors
06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Bakula looked hilarious in it.

DMC
06-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I was wondering which homophobe would be the first to chime in.

You raved about a movie about a homosexual. You know the penalty.

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2013, 04:41 PM
You raved about a movie about a homosexual. You know the penalty.

:lol

My masculinity can handle it.

DMC
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM

My masculinity can handle it.

Every inch of it?

CuckingFunt
06-06-2013, 08:52 PM
The movie is fucking brilliant. Soderbergh plays up the kitsch factor to the highest degree. Rob Lowe's brief performance is hilarious.

Wild Cobra
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I don’t think I could sit through it…Liberace gives me the creeps….
Same here.

CC... What;s up with wanting to watch that?

Wild Cobra
06-06-2013, 11:00 PM

Just a thought.

Maybe he didn't need to act...

Summers
06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Looks good!

JudynTX
06-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I've only watched an hour. But from what I've seen, Matt Damon didn't need to work hard at being gay. :D

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd rather not watch if they're gonna show penetration.

CosmicCowboy
06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
I've only watched an hour. But from what I've seen, Matt Damon didn't need to work hard at being gay. :D

yeah, it didn't seem like he was acting...:wow

JudynTX
06-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I'd rather not watch if they're gonna show penetration.

They didn't show any of that. Just some kissing and rubbing. :lol

yeah, it didn't seem like he was acting...:wow

And Rob Lowe - WTF was wrong with his face? :lmao

ChumpDumper
06-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Great little interview with Lowe about his role.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/26/rob-lowe-behind-the-candelabra-dr-startz/

mrsmaalox
06-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Finally saw this over the weekend. Loved it! Michael Douglas and Matt Damon were excellent but so was everyone else. The costumes and facial transformations were just great, really surprised me how young Damon looked at the beginning. Didn't recognize Scott Bakula or Debbie Reynolds or Dan Akroyd at all. And Rob Lowe with the plastic looking, pulled back face looked just like those creepy tv doctors we see now :lol

It was totally over the top glitzy and corny, some pretty funny lines ("Wow that had everything but the orphanage catching on fire" :lol). I just have a very vague memory of those happenings, but it seemed to me they were much more sympathetic to Scott Thorson than what I recall in the press.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Watched it on demand last night. Wow.

I would have never in a million years cast Michael Douglas in that part but he was freaking amazing.

fyi - there are no straight guys that go by cosmic anything....especially a cowboy... fag

Avante
06-18-2013, 12:06 AM
When I was a kid we'd go over to one of my aunts houses. There'd she'd be watching this sissy on a piano, yep...Liberace.

I 'd always think....what's wrong with this guy?

Quadzilla99
06-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Watched it

http://i.imgur.com/hP9VJhB.gif

ChumpDumper
06-18-2013, 01:19 AM
When I was a kid we'd go over to one of my aunts houses. There'd she'd be watching this sissy on a piano, yep...Liberace.

I 'd always think....what's wrong with this guy?No one cares what you think.

Trill Clinton
06-18-2013, 09:56 AM
fyi - there are no straight guys that go by cosmic anything....especially a cowboy... fag

http://i.imgur.com/hP9VJhB.gif

:lmao

naw i think i'll pass on watching this one, doggie. the lifestyle of a extravagent gay blade is not something i'm interested in seeing. don't care if he can play the piano with his toes, no homo.

Dr. Gonzo
06-18-2013, 03:54 PM
The movie is fucking brilliant. Soderbergh plays up the kitsch factor to the highest degree. Rob Lowe's brief performance is hilarious.

No crap, he was my favorite part of the movie. I thought it was great. Michael Douglas was so good I forgot it was him after a while. That doesn't happen often with me in movies. I almost always see the actor playing a character.

Sportcamper
09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I finally saw it on account that UVERSE is giving free HBO & Cinemax this month…Possibly the creepiest movie I have ever seen…Michael Douglas & Matt Damon looked very comfortable in their roles…Did not know much about Liberace but he was even more disturbing than I had heard…

Rob Lowe with his bad plastic surgery was hysterical…:lol

lebomb
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM

:lmao

lebomb
09-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I started to watch it, vomit came up in my throat and I had to turn the channel. Girls are the only option for me nigga.