PDA

View Full Version : The Key to beating the Heat? STOP BOSH

tmtcsc
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I think we can all agree that no matter what amount of energy is expended trying to guard Lebron James, the guy is going to get his. Unlike players such as Kevin Durant, Melo and Curry, James can hurt you in different ways. He predicates his game on being well-rounded and contributing in several categories. You can almost lock him in for 25-8-8 and a couple of steals. -- No matter what type of defense you throw at him or how you choose to guard him. The best option is to cut off his drives and give him the jumper. Not because his jumper is bad but because his drives to the basket are nearly unstoppable without fouling him.

So....do you put your best defender on him or do you make sure no one else steps up and hurts you? Here's what I anticipate the pairings to look like:

Leonard - James
Parker - Chalmers
Splitter - Bosh
Duncan - Haslem
Green - Wade

I think Spiltter needs to guard Bosh. He isn't as good a defender as Duncan but he's more mobile and can close out hard when necessary. Bosh has been a huge key to beating the Spurs in the past and if we can cut him off or hold him to 12 pts, we'll make it very difficult for the Heat.

Wade isn't 100% and can be defended. The other key will be to stay with Mike Miller and Battier when they get their minutes. Both of those guys have had career games against us. I think its because the defense didn't respect them enough. Mike Miller's 3 pt fg % against us ranks in the ridiculous.

As for Battier - That smart little bitch has payback coming to him from the Memphis series 2 years ago.

Chalmers, Wade and Cole don't come anywhere near posing the same threat the Splash brothers gave us. If we play the same D we did in the last 2 series, Miami is going to be counting on James to do a lot, including scoring more. That's not his preference, as crazy as that sounds, and it tends to frustrate him.

One thing is for certain, two years ago Dallas killed Miami by playing a lot of zone. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs go that route at some point too.

DPG21920
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Bosh has notoriously killed the Spurs. Outside of Lebron, Bosh is quite easily my biggest concern. Keeping him down will be huge and Tiago is up for a massive challenge. Same with other defenders. I would normally say put Boris on him, but he might have to guard James.

boutons_deux
06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
CB: 2013 playoffs: 16 games, 12 PT, 7 RB

and only 11 and 4 vs Pacers

Floyd Pacquiao
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Spurs will leave him open per par allowing him to go 12-12 from midrange per the par for the course.

DPG21920
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
CB: 2013 playoffs: 16 games, 12 PT, 7 RB

and only 11 and 4 vs Pacers

Mis-leading since 7 of the 16 games came vs Pacers and weigh down that average tremendously. Bosh vs the Spurs has been incredible.

hater
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM
unfortunately CHristina is going to drop her testicles this series and bend us over :(

BatManu20
06-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Chris Bosh, since joining Miami, is averaging 24 ppg on 64% shooting when playing the Spurs... Dude loves to play against us, and a large part is because he gets a lot of open jumpers and 3's, which he can knock down. Spurs have to give up something, and it's usually that long jumper. If he's hitting, we're in trouble.

Lerojo
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Defence is key! Not letting them into the paint for easy points, and forcing them into shooting mid range two's and three's is important.

tmtcsc
06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, Bosh has hit his jumpers against us. We just need to pay him the appropriate attention. I'm not against putting Leonard for some stretches.

SA210
06-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Spurs will leave him open per par allowing him to go 12-12 from midrange per the par for the course.

And Bosh will get praise as if this is what the world was waiting for, when the entire time we just stupidly left him wide open.

dallasmaverickslose
06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
WELL... The Pacers shut down Bosh and look where that got them.

NASpurs
06-06-2013, 04:37 PM
No way the Spurs are stupid enough to have 9 days off and the gameplan is to give Bosh open jumper after open jumper. I rather be burned by Haslem going Ibaka on the Spurs than Bosh. I know Bosh has burned the Spurs in the past but that's just how it is during the regular season where games are played consistently and without as much preparation as the playoffs. I refuse to believe the Spurs will give Bosh that open jumper. I hope Splitter closes on him immediately and makes him drive the ball into Tim Duncan waiting for him.

Saying all that though, mentioning Ibaka in my post has me worried that the Spurs will settle with him and that jumper. :(

tmtcsc
06-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I think Bosh is going to get the appropriate attention. He's a concern and he let the world know what gets him rattled in the Pacers series.

DPG21920
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
WELL... The Pacers shut down Bosh and look where that got them.

To a game 7? I think most Spur fans would take that right now.

DPG21920
06-06-2013, 06:11 PM
No way the Spurs are stupid enough to have 9 days off and the gameplan is to give Bosh open jumper after open jumper. I rather be burned by Haslem going Ibaka on the Spurs than Bosh. I know Bosh has burned the Spurs in the past but that's just how it is during the regular season where games are played consistently and without as much preparation as the playoffs. I refuse to believe the Spurs will give Bosh that open jumper. I hope Splitter closes on him immediately and makes him drive the ball into Tim Duncan waiting for him.

Saying all that though, mentioning Ibaka in my post has me worried that the Spurs will settle with him and that jumper. :(

It's not about giving that look to him, it's about the ability to defend him. Spurs gave Ibaka those looks, Bosh not so much. He's just a tougher guy to guard for the Spurs.