PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Several people on the board have been saying the price is going up astronomically this year -- it's actually still only $219. And for another $49.50, you can add Super Fan.

It looks pretty awesome. Should we add it?

http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/NFLSundayTicket/SuperFan/

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™ is a new optional add-on featuring the most innovative television experience NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ has ever offered, including highly anticipated new feature channels and over 100 games in HD. Discover this truly amazing programming option with revolutionary new ways to watch the best NFL action. It's a must have for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ customers and fantasy football players.

A subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is required to purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™.

HD Games
Over 100 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ games available in HD during the regular season.† See your favorite teams, players, and key match-ups in crystal clear high-definition for the ultimate NFL game experience. HD broadcasts will appear in the 719-733 channel range. Game selections will be determined weekly and listed on the NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ season schedule and on channels 220 & 774 no later than Thursday of each week. Click here for more information on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ in HD.

RedZone Channel
Put your remote to rest as we take you around the league every Sunday to watch the best plays and scores as they happen – all on one channel.

Game Mix
http://www.directvsports.com/img/Subscriptions/photo_NFL_Game_Mix_large.jpg
Watch your favorite NFL teams with up to 8 broadcasts at once on a single TV screen!††

Short Cuts
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Short Cuts are commercial-free game replays showing every play in 30 minutes or less on channels 701 - 704.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Short Cuts will be available after the conclusion of all NFL Sunday games starting at approximately midnight ET Sunday.

spurschick
07-13-2005, 07:28 PM
That Game Mix looks awesome!

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 07:29 PM
That Game Mix looks awesome!

That's what I was thinking - especially on a big TV like ours.

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
If I get Grande HiDef is that available?

spurschick
07-13-2005, 07:34 PM
That's what I was thinking - especially on a big TV like ours.

Hell yeah! For that price you're getting to watch 8 games at once. Sweet.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 07:35 PM
If I get Grande HiDef is that available?

No, NFL Sunday Ticket is only on DirecTV.

violentkitten
07-13-2005, 07:57 PM
i won't leave the litter box on every fall sunday if i get that shit.

JoeChalupa
07-13-2005, 08:00 PM
That is some serious football watching.
Makes it worth having Direct TV all on its own.

Mr Dio
07-13-2005, 08:03 PM

That's the small dish?

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 08:03 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket is great on it's own (I've had it for as long as it's existed), but this added package seems like it's going to take it to an incredible level. It's $219/season for Sunday Ticket, plus $49.50 for Super Fan right now. I think they go up to $239/$99 after July 31.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 08:13 PM
That's the small dish?

Yeah, just that regular ~18" dish.

scott
07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
It's worth it just for the added HD, IMO.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
I heard they are charging 100 or so dollars for High def this year.

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Is there any kind of service that I can buy that gives me the option of watching add'l games that aren't on the norm networks if I have Grande cable?

Fox is NFC & CBS is AFC this yr? Yes or No?

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 06:20 AM
I heard they are charging 100 or so dollars for High def this year.

It's included in the package that's discussed above. It's priced at an extra $99, but it's only $49.50 if you order before July 31.

Is there any kind of service that I can buy that gives me the option of watching add'l games that aren't on the norm networks if I have Grande cable?

Fox is NFC & CBS is AFC this yr? Yes or No?

I don't know. You might have to watch football at my house.

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 06:24 AM
I don't know. You might have to watch football at my house.

YES!!!

I honestly didn't know you all were such big football fans.
I am a Spurs fan but football is the sport I enjoy watching most.

That set-up looks sweet.
1 time in Vegas I had to take a nap because I was trying to watch all the games at once in the Mirage Sports Book & my vision got blurry.

sa_butta
07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Maybe I can actually catch of some of my teams games.

KEDA
07-14-2005, 09:20 AM
go head and pencil me in for all the sunday GTGs

Jimcs50
07-14-2005, 03:11 PM
It was only 159/yr

I got rid of my Dish and DirecTV this month because I switched over to the Digital cable which also has NBA League Pass.

I got tired of paying to see my Redskins suck every year for the past 14 yrs, so I canceled Sunday Ticket.

I have now formally given up on the NFL.

tlongII
07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Actually I think you can get Sunday Ticket on Comcast digital cable now.

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
LJ/Kori, who are your NFL teams? thanks. :smokin

KEDA
07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
being a fantasy geek for so may years, I have learned to watch the NFL totally unobjectively.

I have no favorite team, but if I had to pick one it would be Indy.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Actually I think you can get Sunday Ticket on Comcast digital cable now.

I don't think so. I think DirecTV got it's exclusive rights for the next 10 years.

Zak - LJ's favorite team was the Oilers :( if you are trying to ask if we watch Redskins games at our house - we usually watch the best games that are on, but we switch channels a lot.

Dio - we watch football all day on Sundays. And our only fight in the history of 3 years marriage was regarding our shared fantasy football team. :) So I guess you can say we are football fans.

KEDA
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
And our only fight in the history of 3 years marriage

damn, must be nice

BTW L J I too was an Oiler fan!

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I think DirecTV got it's exclusive rights for the next 10 years.

I was wrong; it's five years.

NFL, DIRECTV extend and expand agreement
(Nov. 8, 2004) -- DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading digital television service provider, and the National Football League announced a five-year $3.5 billion agreement to extend and expand DIRECTV's exclusive rights to carry NFL SUNDAY TICKET, the leading sports subscription television package in the United States. DIRECTV will continue to have exclusive multichannel television rights to air NFL SUNDAY TICKET games through the 2010 season.

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 03:42 PM
that's cool Kori.

LJ, do you remember the 91 game? Overtime. Ian Howfield....wide left? :smokin :)

I liked the oilers too...not enough to be a fan, but there were definitely robbed in Buffalo. ..and those bengal/oiler matchups were something else back in the day...

ShoogarBear
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I got tired of paying to see my Redskins suck every year for the past 14 yrs, so I canceled Sunday Ticket.

:lol

For the first time since I got season tickets, I truly am resigned to them sucking this year. I have no hope or expectations.

tlongII
07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I was wrong; it's five years.

Well I meant you can get it on Comcast digital cable 5 years from now.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2005, 07:47 PM
NFL SUnday Ticket was always and is worth it for me I can watch all the games goin on all the time and its made my life easier since i have had it. Everythign is there and with this new thing I'd get it too.

Sometimes if i'm in Texas instead of N.Y. it lets me watch the Jets games and I don't get cheated out of one if its late, usually in Texas here the TV stations of course will give you a Early game usually Texans or Cowboys both or one of each and then the Texas teams in the late game in a doubleheader.
I hate thinking of not having the Ticket and watching Packers vs Lions in the Morning on Fox and Cleveland and Houston on CBS and then Dallas and the 49ers in the late game with the sucky ass Sunday Night and Monday games...now i won't miss a minute of any action on here, I got to watch that great Shoot out with the Browns and Bengals last year,....with the Ticket if something is happening you can tune in and watch it!
i love it

MannyIsGod
07-14-2005, 07:55 PM
The Redskins get my damn hope up every year. I really just don't care anymore. I watch football because it's entertaining, but like KEDA mostly for fantasy purposes. I still will root and hope for my Redskins, but it's not the same after so many lack luster seasons.

Mr Dio
07-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Dio - we watch football all day on Sundays. And our only fight in the history of 3 years marriage was regarding our shared fantasy football team. So I guess you can say we are football fans.

Are you sure you all are fans?
Have either of you ever lived in Houston?
JK!

Awesome!, if you have GTGs on Sundays I'm down.
Can I sit between Manny & Duff?

spurschick
07-14-2005, 08:07 PM
GO RAMS!!! :elephant

ALVAREZ6
07-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Speaking of NFL, I am waiting to see what the fucking retard TO does. I'm pretty sure he isn't coming back to Philly. TO is a fucking moron, why would you want more money when the only thing that matters when you retire is that you win a championship? His best chances are with the Eagles, but if he demands more money, then fuck him.

I can't wait til the season starts.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Speaking of NFL, I am waiting to see what the fucking retard TO does. I'm pretty sure he isn't coming back to Philly. TO is a fucking moron, why would you want more money when the only thing that matters when you retire is that you win a championship? His best chances are with the Eagles, but if he demands more money, then fuck him.

I can't wait til the season starts.

looks like him and Rosenhaus are softening no?

Rosenhaus is what is wrong in the NFL and Every Pro Sport.

this man is the incarnation of fuckin satan

ALVAREZ6
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
looks like him and Rosenhaus are softening no?

Rosenhaus is what is wrong in the NFL and Every Pro Sport.

this man is the incarnation of fuckin satan
Yeah, Rosenhaus is a fucking prick, but TO isn't doin much either. Fuck him.

I only wanna use him so he can catch the damn ball and get us some touchdowns.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Just a bump - I did end up buying the Super Fan package on top of our NFL Sunday Ticket. :smokin

Are you ready for some football?

100 games in HD!

The Red Zone Channel!

AND .. Eight games at once!

http://www.directvsports.com/img/Subscriptions/photo_NFL_Game_Mix_large.jpg

Clandestino
08-28-2005, 08:44 PM
that is fucking insane! i would have a heart attack trying to watch all the games at once.... i can't go to fox n hound to watch games because i can never concentrate on just one!

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 08:45 PM
:lol

I'll probably only do it when a bunch of games are finishing around the same time. That's the time I hate changing channels.

Mr Dio
08-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Has anyone ever gotten ESPN's college football package?
How is it?
Do you get to watch diff games & flip around or are you stuck on one game?

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Are you talking about ESPN Game Plan?

You get about 15 games each Saturday.

There are two main components to the ESPN GamePlan college football subscription. The first part includes the ABC Sports regionally televised games shown simultaneously, and the second part includes regionally syndicated games from top NCAA Division I conferences shown in various markets around the country.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I need DirecTV.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I have Dish Network...but I think I can get some type of NFL Ticket.

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I have Dish Network...but I think I can get some type of NFL Ticket.

Nope.

It's an exclusive contract with DirecTV.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Nope.

It's an exclusive contract with DirecTV.
I saw something on my satelite that I can get like NFL Ticket but maybe not the same stuff as Direct TV but I know I can get more than 1 games because I have ALT Sports channels.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I have Sports Alternate 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Kori Ellis
08-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah that's different, it's not Sunday Ticket but you get some extra games.

Horry For 3!
I also have like 3 or 4 PPV Sports channels.

Horry For 3!
Yeah that's different, it's not Sunday Ticket but you get some extra games.
Yeah I know thats what I mean.

N.Y. Johnny
08-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Has anyone ever gotten ESPN's college football package?
How is it?
Do you get to watch diff games & flip around or are you stuck on one game?

I got this too, and its worth every cent of it, of course i "NEED" to have all these games goin to keep a watch on them, and this is every bit as good as the Ticket, although i warn you if you can stomach enough Brad Nessler :lmao

the Game Plan is good i also have some package with the Ivy League games so thats great too