PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBA Finals, Game 1: Random Thoughts in First Half

timvp
06-06-2013, 09:26 PM
-Not bad at all. Great start. Didn't have much rust. Duncan looked like the rustiest player but he bounced back nicely in the second quarter.

-To combat the blitzing of the pick-and-rolls, the Spurs are utilizing more motion sets. The results have been decent enough ... although it makes me uneasy that Parker is getting fewer touches than normal.

-Pop's use of Neal in the first half is mind-boggling. He's a terrible defender, sucks at navigating screens and falls asleep easily .......... and you are going to put him on Ray Allen. Ray MFin' Allen who can only really hurt you if you don't guard him well? Inexcusable.

-Neal was pretty much just as bad on offense.

-Bonner doesn't appear to be a fit in this series. The Heat can swarm too fast and he doesn't have the time to catch, cock and fire. His lack of speed is also exploited on D.

-Green looks about as good as we could have hoped for.

-So much for Wade or Bosh being injured; both look damn near 100%. Coasting in the Eastern Conference bracket, as expected.

-I admit to being concerned that LeBron has taken a backseat yet the Heat are still scoring pretty darn easily. The Spurs need to force more isolation sets. Right now, they are allowing for too much ease of movement and the Heat are getting clean looks.

-LeBron is going to assert himself at some point in the second half. Let's hope the three-point shooters have cooled off by then because the Spurs will be forced to help even more.

-Overall, this is pretty much going as I expected it. The Heat are swarming and playing well. But give the Spurs credit for hanging right in there. Gotta keep this close in the third and then try to gain control in the fourth.

Believe.

Mal
06-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Transision defens. Way too many point in 2nd tempo.

Tim_duncan21
06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree. Lebron hasn't asserted himself that much yet.

Whisky Dog
06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Step up the defense and play great ball on both ends

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Stopped reading when you said they were coasting.

Floyd Pacquiao
go 4 down all night pop

Robz4000
Not upset at all tbh. Both teams can play better but the Spurs can make better adjustments and more quickly (provided Pop makes them). Can't believe I'm saying this but Pop should play Tmac over Neal.

Stabula
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
lol @ the Believe after the drunk suicidal :cry Heat in 5 :cry post

polandprzem
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
i'm confused

Miami is suppose to win or not.
Believe in what?

------------

neal was a bad idea from the getgo. I prefer Mills dammnit.

Pop tried many things. Now I hope he will go for the kill

:flag:

Twisted_Dawg
06-06-2013, 09:43 PM
The Heat has hit nearly every 3 point shot they attempted. Hard to combat that

Spurminator
06-06-2013, 09:56 PM
This is going to be an epic series.

SpursRulez4eVeR
06-06-2013, 10:05 PM
F pop for putting in Bonner

Malice
06-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Mother fucker...Im so tired of hearing the Heat were "coasting" the last series. Pacers ate their fucking lunch, punched them in the mouth, and the heat got lucky with a blind hook knockout to the jaw. I just dont get the emo fucking posts from this guy lately...

OldSilentHill
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
THIS IS A POP WIN AGAINST THE REFS.

DAF86
06-06-2013, 11:50 PM
-Not bad at all. Great start. Didn't have much rust. Duncan looked like the rustiest player but he bounced back nicely in the second quarter.

-To combat the blitzing of the pick-and-rolls, the Spurs are utilizing more motion sets. The results have been decent enough ... although it makes me uneasy that Parker is getting fewer touches than normal.

-Pop's use of Neal in the first half is mind-boggling. He's a terrible defender, sucks at navigating screens and falls asleep easily .......... and you are going to put him on Ray Allen. Ray MFin' Allen who can only really hurt you if you don't guard him well? Inexcusable.

-Neal was pretty much just as bad on offense.

-Bonner doesn't appear to be a fit in this series. The Heat can swarm too fast and he doesn't have the time to catch, cock and fire. His lack of speed is also exploited on D.

-Green looks about as good as we could have hoped for.

-So much for Wade or Bosh being injured; both look damn near 100%. Coasting in the Eastern Conference bracket, as expected.

-I admit to being concerned that LeBron has taken a backseat yet the Heat are still scoring pretty darn easily. The Spurs need to force more isolation sets. Right now, they are allowing for too much ease of movement and the Heat are getting clean looks.

-LeBron is going to assert himself at some point in the second half. Let's hope the three-point shooters have cooled off by then because the Spurs will be forced to help even more.

-Overall, this is pretty much going as I expected it. The Heat are swarming and playing well. But give the Spurs credit for hanging right in there. Gotta keep this close in the third and then try to gain control in the fourth.

Believe.

Don't you wanna reassess that one?