PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili is a great Dwade defender

Gino-Step
06-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Super high IQ knows Dwade's tendencies ie his lookaways, pump fakes, manu-steps etc and Dwade can't shoot so Manu won't get hurt falling asleep. Pop needs to maximize that matchup. Good move putting manu in early in the 3rd. Better Manu than Green on Dwade

Gino-Step
06-06-2013, 11:29 PM
BUMP

Brunodf
06-06-2013, 11:31 PM
:tu Wade scored what? 2points on Manu?

DAF86
06-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Yes. I prefer to have Manu on Wade than Allen, tbh.

hater
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
to be fair Wade got tired by late 3rd quarter

but agre Manu's D was very good, so was his rebounding

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 01:32 AM
It's just a good matchup for him. Ginobili is good on those crafty veterans who he can out mind and out anticipate. If we can use Ginobili on Wade defensively, that's an advantage most wouldn't have expected. (most said Green and Leonard used on Wade and James) ... just frees up Danny to give you another option for LeBron and on Allen instead of playing Neal.

T Park
06-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Love the spurs small ball. Green can guard Allen, and Manu has always guarded Wade well.

crc21209
06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Manu did a great job defending Wade tonight. :tu I think Green did OK on him, but Wade was able to bully Green a bit more and get him deep in the low post. Did anyone else love TP in the huddle talking to the guys and he looked at Danny and told him "Don't bite on D-Wade's pump fakes." Great display of leadership right there...:tu

crc21209
06-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Love the spurs small ball. Green can guard Allen, and Manu has always guarded Wade well.

+1. If Miami is going to close games with a small ball lineup of Allen-Wade-LeBron-Bosh-Miller/Battier, then I want Parker-Green-Ginobili-Leonard-Duncan. Pop had Neal in Green's place a little too long for my taste in the 4th but he eventualy subbed Green for Neal.

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 01:47 AM
i always get so sad when the first comment has to be OP bumping his own thread

Darius McCrary
06-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Wade has looked like a TOSB this playoffs tbh. Better Manu than Neal, tbh. Green does the best, tbh.

Johnsyounger
06-07-2013, 03:59 AM
Manu=underrated defender against certain opponents

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Manu was causing Havoc

he'll be a thorn in Heat's shoes all series long :tu

cutewizard
06-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Manu among the smartest basketball players of all time, with a basketball IQ that is off the charts

In the company of the luminaries......the "Black Company" of super smart cagers:

Bill Russell
Larry Bird
Michael Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Arvydas Sabonis

and Ramon Fernandez of the Philippines......

cutewizard
06-07-2013, 05:25 AM
This is how I became a Spurs fan....

my original favorites were:

Player >>>>>>>> Ramon Fernandez of the Philippines (Point Center, he could play all the positions! No kidding fellas, he ate triple doubles for breakfast, lunch and dinner)

Team: the NCC National Team of the Philippines, coached by Ron Jacobs (with Chip Engelland, now Spurs asst coach, as one of the players!)

Coach >>>>> I loved Coach Ron Jacobs! He was an american who coached the national team of the Philippines! This guy was Pop-like!!

And then Ramon Fernandez retired and I transferred my sights to the NBA where I transferred my adoration to David Robinson, because he was like Ramon Fernandez!!

And the rest is history!

I LOVE MY SPURS!!!!!! UMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!