PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Lol Lakersground: Finals Edition.

midnightpulp
06-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Why the sudden overrating of Duncan? It is amusing. The guy has been irrelevant since 2008 when the Lakers kicked the Spurs out in the WCF. He's not even been a top 10 player in the league since then. He shares the best player title on his team with 2 other players. Now all of a sudden he is the player of our generation? What next, start comparing him with MJ? Oh wait...they save that mighty comparison only for Kobe so they can find a way to put him down.

Anyways...its crazy how making the Finals makes everyone overrate the heck outta you. Spurs have a GREAT team where everyone contributes as much as Duncan, its not like he's the flat-out best player on his team now the way Kobe was during our last 3 Finals or the way Lebron is on his team.

Uh...it all comes back to Kobe because everyone (i.e media and haters) make it about him.

LeBron James: Tim Duncan, Not Kobe Bryant, Most Dominant Star of Last 15 Years (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1663868-lebron-james-tim-duncan-not-kobe-bryant-most-dominant-star-of-last-15-years?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national)

This thread is silly, but it is true that Kobe was very widely considered to be the best player of his generation until these playoffs. It's funny how fickle the media (and even some players) are.

Jesus why does it all come back to Kobe? Really, right now he's not even ready till January; no reason at all to bring him into discussions for playoffs.

People aren't overrating him, he's the greatest PF of all time and a top ten player period. Where's the overrated portion of that?
It comes back to Kobe because, obviously, a lot of fans feel a discrepancy between how a player like KObe is portrayed in the media vs. how other superstars are portrayed. It should be quite obvious to Laker fans. You are one of these people on the boards that consistently behaves in a way a non Laker fan would behave, or a completely neutral fan of the sport would behave. And that is fine. But I don't know why you act surprised when Laker fans behave in a very normal way.

I think people here have PLENTY of reason to bring Kobe in any discussion of playoffs. And I don't think it's very nice of you to continually try to shut such discussions down. Nobody does this to you.

This is what bothers me about some of the people here. When they disagree about something, they want to get very authoritative and tell people to "stop it" and stuff like that (I don't mean when they are breaking the rules, I mean for stuff like this).
============
Now, back to Duncan. he is overrated. greatest power forward of all time is one of the biggest gimmicks ever. If Duncan were considered a center (which he actually is), he would just be a regular superstar. Not a top 10 player. Not a greatest of anything. Just a solid, very good superstar. But he's been able to get away his entire career with this "I'm not a center, I'm actually a power forward" gimmick. he's built like a center, he plays like a center (actually better than most centers). Who was a better center, Duncan or Nesterovic?

How is this related to Kobe? because all these non-Kobe players sure slip real easily into those top-10 lists. But Kobe had to force his way in there, against the will of most journalists. Even after 3 championships, nobody was ready to do it. but for Duncan, they almost can't wait. For Lebron, for sure they can't wait. They are already doing the he's better than MJ and greatest of all time for him even BEFORE his 2nd ring. This is how it's related to Kobe.

sheesh. this reminds me of all those posters who would get mad after the shaq trade when people would make threads in the lounge about shaq. The whole "Who's Shaq" thing and playing dumb about why Laker fans are concerned about Shaq even though he's not a Laker anymore. Gee...I wonder why Laker fans follow Shaq news. :huh: I don't understand? Who is Shaq? is he a basketball player? :sleepy:

It's not serious, because it doesn't really matter. I doubt Kobe is losing any sleep over it. However, there have been multiple debates about Kobe vs. Duncan since the playoffs began, and I don't recall seeing any debated limited to just those two players before. At least not over the last 5 years. I understand re-opening the debate if the Spurs win another ring, but several posters are arguing that Duncan was already the best player of this generation, even before these playoffs. These posters were non-existent (outside the trashcan known as Spurstalk) until this postseason.

jeebus
06-07-2013, 12:10 AM
the forum that keeps on giving

racm
06-07-2013, 12:12 AM
You mean Kobesground.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2013, 12:19 AM
How is this related to Kobe? because all these non-Kobe players sure slip real easily into those top-10 lists. But Kobe had to force his way in there, against the will of most journalists.
Kirby's used to that, tbh :lol

Thebesteva
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
But but midnightpulp...I thought we were obsessed with Jeffs and LG not the other way around?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.pngOriginally Posted by Jeffs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)

It's not serious, because it doesn't really matter. I doubt Kobe is losing any sleep over it. However, there have been multiple debates about Kobe vs. Duncan since the playoffs began, and I don't recall seeing any debated limited to just those two players before. At least not over the last 5 years. I understand re-opening the debate if the Spurs win another ring, but several posters are arguing that Duncan was already the best player of this generation, even before these playoffs. These posters were non-existent (outside the trashcan known as Spurstalk) until this postseason.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Oh the threads if we win...

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 03:34 AM
Kirby's used to that, tbh :lol

:lol