PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan's Understated Brilliance

bklynspursfan
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
By Rick Reilly... Gonna be a sad day when TD walks away from the game:depressed

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9353397

superbigtime
06-07-2013, 03:46 PM
How about we whine and cry in 2 or 3 years. These sentiments are getting old.

TampaDude
06-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Timmay!!! :toast

MeloHype
06-07-2013, 03:56 PM
:cry

dbreiden83080
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
It annoys me to this day the idea that Duncan will not have a great legacy because he was not a media darling. This day and age most young people coming up have the attention spans of 3 years olds. They have their heads buried in their cell phones 24/7 and are all about instant gratification.. Someone like Tim I guess never did it for them. He couldn't jump over a car in a dunk contest and he never started any shit on his team demanding trades or bitching about not having enough help. The bottom line is the basketball purists know how great this man was/is. Anyone that paid attention to this era knows all about the greatness of Tim Duncan..

tesseractive
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
It annoys me to this day the idea that Duncan will not have a great legacy because he was not a media darling. This day and age most young people coming up have the attention spans of 3 years olds. They have their heads buried in their cell phones 24/7 and are all about instant gratification.. Someone like Tim I guess never did it for them. He couldn't jump over a car in a dunk contest and he never started any shit on his team demanding trades or bitching about not having enough help. The bottom line is the basketball purists know how great this man was/is. Anyone that paid attention to this era knows all about the greatness of Tim Duncan..
I don't know if you've noticed, but there have never been more eyes on TD and the Spurs than there are right now. This is easily the biggest marquee matchup we've had in a Finals, thanks to a Heat team that's overwhelmingly hyped, the defending champs, and seen as kind of a villain to a lot of the country. There will never, ever be a better time to broaden the awareness of Tim's legacy than now.

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 04:27 PM
:worthy:

thiste
06-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't know if you've noticed, but there have never been more eyes on TD and the Spurs than there are right now. This is easily the biggest marquee matchup we've had in a Finals, thanks to a Heat team that's overwhelmingly hyped, the defending champs, and seen as kind of a villain to a lot of the country. There will never, ever be a better time to broaden the awareness of Tim's legacy than now.

So overwhelmingly hyped that most of the public (and many analysts) couldn't even process the fact that the Spurs came in and won Game 1 on the road against them. Just look at the Vegas odds... absolutely no correlation with what my eyes have seen of these two teams throughout the playoffs.

jhuan16
06-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice try ESPN, ignore the Spurs in the past six years. Once we made it to the final than start blaming media for not paying any attention on the greatness Tim Duncan.

PÒÓCH
06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I am now a Rick Reilly fan *sings the O'reilly auto parts jingle* Oh Oh Rick Reiley.....

exstatic
06-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Their loss.

milkyway21
06-07-2013, 11:17 PM
By Rick Reilly... Gonna be a sad day when TD walks away from the game:depressed

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9353397

:lol @ Ref Joey Crawford, seldom seen Timmy laughing his heart out and he ejected him from the arena. Killjoy ! :lmao

The Reckoning
06-07-2013, 11:21 PM

nah he'll be one of those players who will be elevated in the sport after he retires. it's bound to happen when analysts do stat comparisons all the time. his name will be up there, and it won't be ignored.

DarrinS
06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow, that vid made me sad

Dingle Barry
06-08-2013, 12:11 AM

People are no doubt getting collectively dumber. But Duncan's relative lack of hype is to me very reminiscent of how Stan Musial was decades ago and remains one of the most underrated because he was humble and not flashy despite consistent greatness, and was never in the news for any reason other than his on field achievement.

06-08-2013, 12:17 AM
How about we whine and cry in 2 or 3 years. These sentiments are getting old.

tesseractive
06-09-2013, 11:24 AM
So overwhelmingly hyped that most of the public (and many analysts) couldn't even process the fact that the Spurs came in and won Game 1 on the road against them. Just look at the Vegas odds... absolutely no correlation with what my eyes have seen of these two teams throughout the playoffs.
For people paying attention mostly to the Heat, they lost Game 1 to the Bulls and backdoor-swept them in 5. So losing game 1 is meaningless. If we win today, they might start recosidering, but then again, maybe not. :lol

Chomag
06-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Best basketball IQ ever in the nba IMO.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know if you've noticed, but there have never been more eyes on TD and the Spurs than there are right now. This is easily the biggest marquee matchup we've had in a Finals, thanks to a Heat team that's overwhelmingly hyped, the defending champs, and seen as kind of a villain to a lot of the country. There will never, ever be a better time to broaden the awareness of Tim's legacy than now.There is a lot of legacies on the line in these NBA finals. Tony Parker has the chance to cement his legacy into the Hall of Fame. Tim Duncan has the opportunity to climb a few or more names on the ladder of all-time greats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUXdwZVul0

Kool Bob Love
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Wow how have I not seen this.