PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 = Heat Game 7

Embedded
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Miami had better approach Game 2 like a closeout game, or it very well might be. Miami missed a great opportunity, we were rusty, I think we will shoot better next game, especially Mr. Duncan.

Poolboy5623
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
No series is over after two games...sorry. especially not when your playing a team that hasn't lost 2 in a row, in almost 6 months. Calm down people.

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 04:50 PM
No series is over after two games...sorry. especially not when your playing a team that hasn't lost 2 in a row, in almost 6 months. Calm down people.

being down 0-2 with 3 consecutive games in san antonio spells doom

DMC
06-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Unless you're the Thunder I said.

DMC
06-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Miami had better approach Game 2 like a closeout game, or it very well might be. Miami missed a great opportunity, we were rusty, I think we will shoot better next game, especially Mr. Duncan.

Yes but we will have more than 4 turnovers. They thrive on those more than the half court set. Our poor 3pt shooting was overcome by the lack of turnovers, and having better 3pt shooting, unless it's epic, won't overcome an 18 turnover game.

Keepin' it real
06-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Game 2 = Heat Game 2

Just keepin' it real ...

BatManu20
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say that, but it's a very crucial game for Miami considering there are 3 straight in SA. But, I fully expect Miami to come back and win Game 2. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a blowout tbh. They haven't lost back-to-back games in 5 months.. that's insane. They're 10-0 after a loss this year since January. Lebron is about to go off and I'm sure he'll shoot 15+ FT's. So yea, pretty sure they got this one. Spurs need to focus on winning all their home games.

boutons_deux
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
If SA is good enough to win 2 in MIA, they're good enough to take 2 of 3 in SA (I think no team has ever swept the middle 3 games).

trypldubl
06-07-2013, 05:00 PM
If SA is good enough to win 2 in MIA, they're good enough to take 2 of 3 in SA (I think no team has ever swept the middle 3 games).

Detroit popped that cherry in '04

06-07-2013, 05:06 PM
If the Spurs stay true to Spurs basketball and don't get screwed by the refs, this is a sweep.
But the Spurs won't play perfect basketball, I suppose the Heat won't either though.

Who's brand of basketball is more consistent, and dependable?

People need to stop acting as if the Heat are going to pull new tracks out of their big top hat, and have faith that the Spurs will play well. And when they do that, they play pretty darn well.

hater
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Detroit 04

Miami 06

Miami 12

Spurs 4 The Win
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM

I guess you havent watched the Finals recently... cough... last year....

spursince#99
06-07-2013, 05:12 PM
This is actually a pretty formidable take here

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I partly agree with the poster. If the Heat go down 0-2, on their own home court, then suddenly they face tremendously long odds.

They have to play three consecutive games in San Antonio with extremely high stakes on each and every outcome...........Lose the first game of the trio? Then the Heat are in an 0-3 hole, something that no NBA team has ever overcome.

Win the first, but lose the second? Then the Heat are in a 1-3 hole - still a tremendously difficult deficit to overcome.

Win the first two, but lose the third? Then the Heat are still in a 2-3 deficit, on the brink of elimination - and how many teams would win two consecutive Finals games on the Spurs' home court anyway to begin with?

BatManu20
06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
If the Spurs stay true to Spurs basketball and don't get screwed by the refs, this is a sweep.
But the Spurs won't play perfect basketball, I suppose the Heat won't either though.

No way are we sweeping Miami. If we are to win this series it's going at least 6 imo. If it goes 7 Spurs won't win.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
To put it another way, if the Heat lose again on Sunday night, they will then have to go at least 4-1 over the five remaining games against the Spurs.

Does anyone really see that happening when three of those games will be in San Antonio?

T Park
06-07-2013, 05:41 PM

If Miami loses game 2 this is a sweep or over in five. Miami is worn down, the days off are WAY less after Sunday, and they had a hard time getting air after 2 days off yesterday, how does travel plus lessening the days off make that any better?

Sean Cagney
06-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Austin_Toros
06-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm hoping the first two games don't turn out to be like those of the Heat-Bulls series...

thiste
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm confident the Spurs CAN win game 2. And I really want them to consider this a game 7, while I want the Heat to consider this a game 2.

Imagine coming home with a 2-0 lead, I have a hard time believing the Heat could come back from that.

superjames1992
06-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Detroit 04

Miami 06

Miami 12
In those instances, the road team won one game, but lost game two.

However, if we take BOTH games in Miami and go up 2-0, I'm pretty sure the Heat are screwed. Of course, I don't see that happening, but it's quite possible. I didn't expect us to win game one, either, tbh.

rascal
06-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Miami will win this game easily.

InRareForm
06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Game 7 means one team advances to next round/championship.

Game 2 means game 2. the series is either 1-1 or 2-0 at the end of it.

next question please.

ironman2886
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
The pressure is on the Heat in game 2. Spurs are more than capable of beating Miami. I'd only worry if the Spurs played well and squeeked by. Miami tried to pull away and the Spurs wouldn't let them. The Heat were hot early draining threes and Wade played well early. The Spurs missed a lot of threes and gave Miami a lot of open threes. Spurs played a B- game. Pop always has his team in the right mentality. If Spurs win game 2, it's over in 5.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't say that, but it's a very crucial game for Miami considering there are 3 straight in SA. But, I fully expect Miami to come back and win Game 2. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a blowout tbh. They haven't lost back-to-back games in 5 months.. that's insane. They're 10-0 after a loss this year since January. Lebron is about to go off and I'm sure he'll shoot 15+ FT's. So yea, pretty sure they got this one. Spurs need to focus on winning all their home games.

No way, the Spurs didn't even play that great. If they lose there is no way they are getting blown out. Our D is too good and we never quit. I think they have a great chance to win again. Shit, the Pacers came within one shitty defensive play of doing it.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
In those instances, the road team won one game, but lost game two.

However, if we take BOTH games in Miami and go up 2-0, I'm pretty sure the Heat are screwed. Of course, I don't see that happening, but it's quite possible. I didn't expect us to win game one, either, tbh.

Miami 06 actually lost the first 2 games on the road then won all 3 at home (thanks to the refs) and then closed it out in Dallas.

TheGoldStandard
06-07-2013, 07:51 PM
We're winning game 2... I see Lebron having a monster game but the "others" will be sub par.

BackHome
06-07-2013, 07:54 PM
This next game is a game I think we win unless the reffs get into the act and make up some bull shit calls. You could tell in the fourth quarter that Wade and Lebron were worn out - I always say that when you play a game seven even if you win you loose meaning you might advance but you are so tired and worn out that you won't get past the next team you play against.

Keep the the same game plan and those easy shots we missed we will start making and just make sure we go inside out and not go happy threee.........

KaiRMD1
06-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I expect the heat to come out with renewed purpose, these guys will be tough because they should know what's at stake

mercos
06-07-2013, 09:23 PM
The Spurs big three have blown 2-0 leads twice before, including last year. This thing ain't over until the Spurs get win number four in the series.

thiste
06-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I expect the heat to come out with renewed purpose, these guys will be tough because they should know what's at stake

The Grizzlies knew what was at stake as well when they went home for game 3.

TheRemix
06-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Every game is crucial..they should all be played like its game 7