PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd trashing Spurs on Stephen A Smith Show.

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Anyone hear that? This dude has never watched a Spurs game before last night. Thinks Miami got them easy. Said Bulls and Pacers better than Spurs vs Miami. Lol

http://c.espnradio.com/audio/1761596/sas-ruocco_2013-06-07-141036.mp3

Mugen
06-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd be thrilled if Cowherd died tragically. Not even hyperbole tbh.. I'd be genuinely happy if he no longer lived.

SA210
06-07-2013, 05:56 PM
:lol ^^^

T Park
06-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Cowherd knows as much about the NBA as the retard from LA Law.

rjv
cowherd is a front runner. earlier he indicated that if westbrook had not been injured the thunder would be in the finals instead of the spurs.

Gino-Step

soxxx
06-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Hes a fucking prick "My reasoning for picking the Heat is because the Spurs dont have the physicality and the bigs that the Pacers did"

Fucking morons, sure we dont but the Pacers dont have Parker and big physical big men arent always the best option.

rjv
06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
i guess howard, randolph and the gasol brothers are midgets

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:04 PM
who?

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
i've always said that i like cowherd for his football talk and thats about it. he actually knows baseball but i don't give 2 shits about baseball, so i dont really care for that. he knows football pretty well but his basketball talk is downright terrible. i only tune into his show in the fall/winter

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
LOL just looked him up

he looks like a tool and he actually challenged Bruce Bowen to a 1-1

couldn't find the vid of it but apparently Bowen embarrassed him so bad, they probably deleted the vid from ESPN :lol

Budkin
06-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Cowherd knows as much about the NBA as the retard from LA Law.

:lol

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/colin-cowherd-sportsnation.jpg

=

http://images5.myreviewer.co.uk/medium/0000241444.jpg

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 06:13 PM
For a guy who I actually think understands the fatalities of ISO ball (he's the biggest Carmelo hater on the planet) I thought he would actually understand the subtle reasons behind why the Spurs can keep exposing the Heat.

SenorSpur
06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I heard Cowherd spewing that same rhetoric on his own show today. He even went so far as to say that he's successfully predicted the last 8 NBA Champions and the last 5 Super Bowl winners. This arrogant prick thinks the he knows his shit better than most. This is the same guy that predicted the Spurs to lose to the Fakers, Warriors and Grizzlies. Of course he doesn't bother the mention that.

When the Spurs win the title, I'm going to pull up a chair the next day and listen to him try and explain how he got this prediction wrong. It'll be fun listening to him try to explain himself, while trying to pull his foot out of this mouth and munching on a plate of cold crow.

Dro210
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd be thrilled if Cowherd died tragically. Not even hyperbole tbh.. I'd be genuinely happy if he no longer lived.

tbh... although i wouldnt call it tragic

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 06:16 PM
by calling miami the "counterpuncher" he is implying that spoelstra is going to make better adjustments than pop

cowherd mentions Duncan's potential foul trouble saying "what is their backup plan"

wasn't Duncan in foul trouble early in game 1 and the Spurs did just fine? and by his logic, what's miami's backup plan if lebron gets in foul trouble? :lol you can say that for almost every team

then he goes on to talk about how the Spurs got to play the crappy lakers, the inexperienced warriors, and the good-not-great grizzlies. how about the fact that miami got to play the sub .500 bucks, the depleted bulls, and the offensively impotent pacers, where the 12-8 roy hibbert looked like hakeem.

early in the call he comfortably says miami will still win in 6 then later he says he believes the heat will win 1/3 in san antonio, meaning they'd go back to miami down 3-2 and would have to win in 7. clown

:lol calls kawhi is some 210 pound kid when he is listed at 225. cmon cowherd

Spur|n|Austin
That jabronie is the ultimate clown shoe.. Gotta be trying to out-whataburger SAS on the radical idiot side.

GaryJohnston

:tu

Budkin
06-07-2013, 06:17 PM
His entire take on basketball has been "I love LeBron. LeBron is the best player ever. F the haters." The only time he was bitching about LeBron is when he wasn't shooting in the 4th in the 2011 NBA Finals.

GaryJohnston
06-07-2013, 06:19 PM
by calling miami the "counterpuncher" he is implying that spoelstra is going to make better adjustments than pop

cowherd mentions Duncan's potential foul trouble saying "what is their backup plan"

wasn't Duncan in foul trouble early in game 1 and the Spurs did just fine? and by his logic, what's miami's backup plan if lebron gets in foul trouble? :lol you can say that for almost every team

He's such an idiot, seriously. In his presser, Pop was already talking about the Spurs making the necessary adjustments. The Spurs are happy to get the win, but by no means satisfied with their play yesterday.

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Even Stephen A. says stuff like if Dwade was healthy, he'd be picking the heat no doubt. But because he's not, he's going with the Spurs. And basically said 2nd half Dwade knee bothering him.

Guys lets enjoy it. Sadly the media will never respect the Spurs. If you asked them who is better Manu or Gilbert Arenas they'd say Gilbert if he wasn't injured. Cause he dropped 50 on the Lakers and if Manu played those minutes or had to carry teams he'd be hurt even more / not nearly as good as Gilbert. They'd also say Allen Iverson is better than Tony Parker. That AI had no help. See here's the thing. If you play selfishly and have no bball IQ, the fact is no matter how much help you have, it's going to look like you have no help.

If Carmelo played with Bonner or Splitter, Carmelo would be excused for playing with Scrubs and getting no help. But Manu is smart and unselfish and coach able. So he can play with Prigioni, Oberto, Scola, Delfino, Bonner, Green, Leonard, splitter.

Im sick and tired of this "no help" bullshit. And now they saying Lebron has no help. God.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Just tweeted his dumb ass. Let's see if he responds...

SA210
06-07-2013, 06:24 PM

:lmao:lmao this guy is a fucking IDIOT! I want the Spurs to win so badly. And I hope Leonard keeps doing just as good if not better on piece of shit James too.

m33p0
06-07-2013, 06:26 PM
the league ought to penalize espn for suggesting they should rig the games to make "fans" happy.

ivanfromwestwood
06-07-2013, 06:27 PM
cant believe this guy. he is so clueless. I fault ESPN and his bosses for enabling him to talk such nonsense. Stephen Smith even knew he was full of shit.

Trainwreck2100
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
lol talking shit about who the Spurs played when the Heat had an easier path to the Finals

JMGpp
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Until yesterday I have never heard of the guy (I'm from Argentina so I don't know who the US journalists are), but last night and this morning I looked for any blogs or podcasts or forums that I could find reviewing Game 1.

I was really surprised particularly of this guy and Tony Kornheiser from ESPN Radio... do these guys even watch basketball? They have absolutely no idea of who the Spurs are, just one cliche after another. And I'm not talking about how the Spurs played during the regular season, they didn't even seemed to have really understood yesterday's game.

HI-FI
06-07-2013, 06:30 PM

i don't think his family would give much of a shit either. he represents the obnoxious, trashy side of ESPN, or basically the crappy National Enquirer crap they've turned into, probably whenever disney took over. If you don't represent a compelling story to them, then they could care less.

monkeypunk
06-07-2013, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the link.

Don't know that Cowhead db but in that interview, he comes off as the biggest Lebron homer on the planet. And apparently SA can't bang on the inside, Kawhi weighs 210 pounds, and Miami can win 6 and 7 with ease if they come back down 2-3.

It's obvious he hasn't watched any Spurs games cause nearly everything he said was wrong. Bad takes just about across the board.
Shame to think of how much money that dude makes. :smchode:

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
He grouped Diaw with the young Spurs as guys not yet ready or good enough lol.

See Bill Simmons might pick against the Spurs but that's just him reading it wrong. But he's looking at the same game. Colin doesn't know what is going on AT ALL.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:37 PM
:lol I had to listen to it

Stephen A's introduction is the shit.

"I'm going to bring in someone qualified to talk about basketball in a minute, but first, let's talk to Colin Cowherd"

:lol :lol

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 06:38 PM
stephen a smith isn't exactly the brightest light on espn either, but at least he watches some games here and there

SpursRock20
06-07-2013, 06:39 PM
This guy is one of the main reasons ESPN has the reputation for labeling the Spurs boring. He used to say it every time the Spurs were mentioned on First Take. That was back when Beadle had our back.

eyeh8u
06-07-2013, 06:40 PM
the day this guy loses his job is the day we dont make threads about him, he is a troll, he is paid to say something that make people perk up their ears and respond.

everyone says the heat's problem is big physical match ups, but the only team to beat them in the playoffs is a non physical mavs team.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:40 PM
wow another great quote from this tool

"last night was like a regular season in the NBA"

Nathan89
06-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I guess Kawhi's 10 rebounds wasn't good enough for this guy.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:42 PM
this asshole sounds like the boss Bill Lumberg from Office Space

ppl actually listen to this guy?? :lol

Budkin
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Colin's justification would be that "Miami's just a better city. Bigger market. Bigger stars. LeBron James." I'm sure he'd add in, "The Spurs are boring. Tim Duncan is a corpse. Parker is overrated. Who actually wants to go to San Antonio?" I'm not even kidding. These are the kinds of takes the guy has.

Baseline
06-07-2013, 06:50 PM
the league ought to penalize espn for suggesting they should rig the games to make "fans" happy. New Employee Training at NBA Office 1. How to Rig Laker Games 2. How to Stack Laker Rosters 3. How to Orchestrate Favorable Laker Trades

capek
06-07-2013, 06:50 PM
This guy sure has a shit licker's voice. How the fuck anyone would be able to listen to him on a regular basis is beyond me.

bklynspursfan
06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
This guy is horrible. So horrible...

pikkiwoki
06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
His job is to be outspoken, to troll people. Looks like it's working.

skulls138
06-07-2013, 06:53 PM
During the season its "these guys aren't good enough", but when you HAVE to deal with them, its "their boring" or "no one cares about places other than NY or LA". Uh what about the part when you said they weren't good enough? What I love about it is that I think people are really appreciating the Spurs this time around and he's slipping into irrelevancy.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 06:53 PM
"...the Heat are taking this in 6"

"but Collin, you think the Heat will win 2 out of 3 in San Antonio?"

"..no they will win 1"

"so you think they will come out victorious after being down 2-3?"

"suuuuuuure"

iUqOhq-4Gbc

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
This is the guy who said Kevin Durant would be like Antonio McDyess (WTF?) and claimed he could curl 185 in a 3 minute span.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
If you don't think the Spurs can beat the Heat fine, the Heat are great but don't just say stupid ass shit..

Gino-Step
Colin's takes would sound like this:

greg popovich should be fined for coaching the way he does. There's no place in the league for this. You want to play boring fundamental basketball go coach college. Don't coach the pros. There's a reason the NBA is as popular as it is today. The league is about stars. Who do you think is paying for your salary Greg? It certainly is not Matt Bonner. You know who it is? It's Blake griffen. That's who the fans want to see. There's a reason they play an all star game every year and have a dunk contest. They don't have cutting and curling contests and taking charge contests. If you're the NBA or any of the other owners you don't try to learn from the spurs. You want to do everything the opposite of the spurs. Look at their attendance. Peter holt isn't making money. I mean you win 4 championships (*) and you still can't sell out games. The NBA is a business. That's why the rules keep changing to make the game entertaining and popular. It's not about double teams and hack a howards. If I'm a fan and I'm prevented from seeing a dwight Howard dunk cause some coach wants to play the right way I'm pissed. Tickets ain't cheap these days I tell ya. We live in a twitter social media world. You gotta evolve with the times. People don't have the attention span to follow your efficiencies and subtle greatness. That's boring. Fans don't care about titles. You don't see parker or Duncan trending on twitter. You gotta keep up with the times if you're the NBA and that means changing your product so the stars win. Look at baseball. Nobody cares about that sport anymore cause you got all these Analytics and bunting and obp. People don't care about that. Why was te NBA so great in 80s and 90s. Big markets with stars. Magic bird Michael. The spurs are not that good and they are like the guy who cleverly avoids taxes by studying and looking for all the legal loopholes. That's the spurs. Game planning and doing schemes to prevent us from being entertained by Lebron James. It's just so stupid and backwards those Spurs.

Budkin
It blows me away to hear SAS defending the Spurs so vehemently. Jesus Christ, this cocksucking by Cowherd is laughable. Saying besides the "annoying" Parker, all the Spurs have is Duncan an old Ginobili. Too many laughable points to cite. Basically saying the Spurs are a fluke and they only got there because they played 3 bad teams and Westbrook got injured. :lol

KawhiLeonard
LOL this guy is such a tool always been a spurs hater. He is so obsessed with Lebrons 18 rebounds when 16 of them were DEFENSIVE boards the spurs abandon the offensive glass most of the time to make sure they have the bodies on transition. So disrespectful to Kawhi imo Kawhi is a superior rebounder to Lebron but in his current role there is no need for him to crash the boards like Lebron does

SA210
06-07-2013, 06:58 PM

"..no they will win 1"

"suuuuuuure"

iUqOhq-4Gbc

:lmao thats the same part that made me wanna just see his faggot ass face if the spurs win it all

Budkin
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM

greg popovich should be fined for coaching the way he does. There's no place in the league for this. You want to play boring fundamental basketball go coach college. Don't coach the pros. There's a reason the NBA is as popular as it is today. The league is about stars. Who do you think is paying for your salary Greg? It certainly is not Matt Bonner. You know who it is? It's Blake griffen. That's who the fans want to see. There's a reason they play an all star game every year and have a dunk contest. They don't have cutting and curling contests and taking charge contests. If you're the NBA or any of the other owners you don't try to learn from the spurs. You want to do everything the opposite of the spurs. Look at their attendance. Peter holt isn't making money. I mean you win 4 championships (*) and you still can't sell out games. The NBA is a business. That's why the rules keep changing to make the game entertaining and popular. It's not about double teams and hack a howards. If I'm a fan and I'm prevented from seeing a dwight Howard dunk cause some coach wants to play the right way I'm pissed. Tickets ain't cheap these days I tell ya. We live in a twitter social media world. You gotta evolve with the times. People don't have the attention span to follow your efficiencies and subtle greatness. That's boring. Fans don't care about titles. You don't see parker or Duncan trending on twitter. You gotta keep up with the times if you're the NBA and that means changing your product so the stars win. Look at baseball. Nobody cares about that sport anymore cause you got all these Analytics and bunting and obp. People don't care about that. Why was te NBA so great in 80s and 90s. Big markets with stars. Magic bird Michael. The spurs are not that good and they are like the guy who cleverly avoids taxes by studying and looking for all the legal loopholes. That's the spurs. Game planning and doing sched to prevent us from being entertained by Lebron James. It's just so stupid and backwards those Spurs.

Wow, you fucking nailed it. :tu

dbreiden83080
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
It blows me away to hear SAS defending the Spurs so vehemently. Jesus Christ, this cocksucking by Cowherd is laughable. Saying besides the "annoying" Parker, all the Spurs have is Duncan an old Ginobili. Too many laughable points to cite. Basically saying the Spurs are a fluke and they only got there because they played 3 bad teams and Westbrook got injured. :lol

Memphis went from a tough matchup for the Heat to a shitty team once the Spurs swept them..

Cry Havoc
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
One of the worst takes I've ever heard. Wow.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
LOL this guy is such a tool always been a spurs hater. He is so obsessed with Lebrons 18 rebounds when 16 of them were DEFENSIVE boards the spurs abandon the offensive glass most of the time to make sure they have the bodies on transition. So disrespectful to Kawhi imo Kawhi is a superior rebounder to Lebron but in his current role there is no need for him to crash the boards like Lebron does

No, Kawhi is a "skinny kid." Let's see how great he is when "LeBron reads in the paper that he was dominated." :lmao

LeBron needs to hear about himself in the paper to get motivated?? Wow.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Oh, and goddamit last one. He said that since the Spurs lost 4 straight to the Thunder last season, and the Thunder couldn't beat Miami, that therefore the Spurs can't beat Miami. Cowherd is coked the fuck up.

HemisfairArena
06-07-2013, 07:03 PM
This guy probably also said taking Oden was a no brainer over taking Durant.

Cry Havoc
06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-worst-men-in-sports-5748972

Colin Cowherd: Radio host, race-baiting huckster

This fall, Colin Cowherd went on ESPN Radio and called John Wall a ******. A few days later, amid great hue and cry, he went on the air and called him a ****** again. I don't use this word lightly, but what else could Cowherd have wanted us to hear? He talked about "IQ judgment" and Wall's "wild, out-of-control style" and said something about robbing a bank and used the phrase "Yo, dawg, look at me" and referred to Wall's fans as "the wrong people," and I swear, in the sneering way he said "the wrong people," in the little bit of English he put on that middle word, you could read the whole damn history of redlining in America, and then a little later he busted on the kid for not having a dad.

I don't believe Colin Cowherd is a racist. I think he is a radio huckster who understands that there is awesome profit in stopping just short of saying "******" on national radio, in letting his audience make all the foul connections for themselves. And because this is America — where Nothing Is Ever About Race, where anything can be justified so long as it moves the needle, and where our media culture operates on the premise that we are all slackjawed morons — he is absolutely untouchable. He is critic-proof. Just think about that: One of the foremost media personalities in one of the most tight-assed, image-conscious, PG-rated media companies in the land — an outfit that suspended Tony Kornheiser in part for talking about Hannah Storm's skirt, that went into spasms of pretend conscience over airing ads for a slasher movie during a college football game — goes on national radio and whispers "******" and no one in Bristol feels obliged to say anything. And of course no one does. Colin Cowherd moves the needle, they'd only point out. Colin Cowherd speaks his mind. Colin Cowherd gets people talking. (So did Ted Bundy. What's your point?)

The media marketplace will always find room for demagogues and controversialists and crypto-bigots, even for especially dumb ones likes Cowherd. They've been around for so long that hatred is virtually the grammar of radio. For many years, mass culture kept up an uneasy detente with these figures. They were given their margins, and they kept to them, and there was an understanding on both sides that they spoke to a very devoted fraction — a large one, in some instances, but a fraction nonetheless. I don't want to give Cowherd too much credit, because I think he's a stupid man, and I don't pretend that he's doing anything appreciably different from whatever goes down during Skippy and Goatface's Morning Sports Holocaust on your local FM dial, but Cowherd, to my mind, represents the collapse of that cultural consensus. Something in the culture is irreparably fucked when its purveyors of mass entertainment look at a guy whispering "******" on his margin and think he trades in common coin. That he's just like everyone else, an everyman with an everyman's frustrations about the world. Colin Cowherd has a CBS sitcom. Something is fucked. (Tommy Craggs)

This guy should be beneath our notice.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
He basically thinks the Heat can't lose unless you beat on them physically..

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM

greg popovich should be fined for coaching the way he does. There's no place in the league for this. You want to play boring fundamental basketball go coach college. Don't coach the pros. There's a reason the NBA is as popular as it is today. The league is about stars. Who do you think is paying for your salary Greg? It certainly is not Matt Bonner. You know who it is? It's Blake griffen. That's who the fans want to see. There's a reason they play an all star game every year and have a dunk contest. They don't have cutting and curling contests and taking charge contests. If you're the NBA or any of the other owners you don't try to learn from the spurs. You want to do everything the opposite of the spurs. Look at their attendance. Peter holt isn't making money. I mean you win 4 championships (*) and you still can't sell out games. The NBA is a business. That's why the rules keep changing to make the game entertaining and popular. It's not about double teams and hack a howards. If I'm a fan and I'm prevented from seeing a dwight Howard dunk cause some coach wants to play the right way I'm pissed. Tickets ain't cheap these days I tell ya. We live in a twitter social media world. You gotta evolve with the times. People don't have the attention span to follow your efficiencies and subtle greatness. That's boring. Fans don't care about titles. You don't see parker or Duncan trending on twitter. You gotta keep up with the times if you're the NBA and that means changing your product so the stars win. Look at baseball. Nobody cares about that sport anymore cause you got all these Analytics and bunting and obp. People don't care about that. Why was te NBA so great in 80s and 90s. Big markets with stars. Magic bird Michael. The spurs are not that good and they are like the guy who cleverly avoids taxes by studying and looking for all the legal loopholes. That's the spurs. Game planning and doing schemes to prevent us from being entertained by Lebron James. It's just so stupid and backwards those Spurs.

:lmao :tu thats actually not bad. your phrasing/grammar is very colin-esque. i can actually hear his voice speaking most of this.

ironman2886
06-07-2013, 07:09 PM
The guy's a fucking prick. All he talks about is baseball and the New England Patriots. The guy has a hard on for Tom Brady and Lebron James.
http://youtu.be/LulSsTbflGU

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 07:09 PM
He also said last week that if the rumor of Dwight going to Golden State was true, it would match the league changing magnitude of the Miami trio coming together. A once in a decade event that changes the course of the NBA. Stephen curry and Klay Thompson with Dwight is entirely unstoppable for years to come. Miami should watch out. The greatest inside outside threat in league history. LOL

rascal
06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Why are Spur fans so sensitive about what some guy says on his talk show. You don't like it why are you listening?

06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I think the stat of the game was the win....but don't quote me.

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Cause if the takes aren't about a team you care about, he's entertaining. Any incorrect takes are ignored and you just laugh when he goes on tangents and analogies. But see that's the problem. Cause people who don't watch the spurs will believe his spiel just like I might believe his spiel on subjects that I don't follow super closely.

AFBlue
06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
1) Cowherd ALWAYS says controversial shit. It's his schtick.

2) My 2 1/2 year old knows more about the Spurs, NBA, or the sport of basketball entirely than him. His takes on anything but college football have always been and will always be utter garbage.

coopdogg3
06-07-2013, 07:24 PM
I know it shouldn't bother me what some nut-job thinks, but I thought that analysis was idiotic. 18 rebounds was the stat of the night? Really? Pretty sure 92-88 was the stat of the night. Spurs have no one behind Duncan? No, the Spurs don't have a back-up for the greatest player of his generation - wow, brilliant. Oh, btw, the Heat don't have a back-up for Lebron - you know, just sayin'.

He is absurdly confident of the Heat, then says the series is going to 7 games. No one should be confident about a game 7 - anything can happen. Bosh remains Bosh, Wade tweaks an ankle... Apparently has no clue who Kawhi Leonard is. Looks at his weight and says he can't bother Lebron, while admitting that he bothered Lebron in game 1. Just makes no sense. Miami was comfortable? Really? Bosh looked bad, Lebron was not comfortable, Wade was ok for 3 quarters - Miller and Allen looked comfortable on the Heat and that's it. Doesn't mention that coaching mis-match at all.

I guess I am just angry that most guys would kill to have a job where they are paid tons of money to talk about sports. Cowherd has that dream job, and he gets paid to talk about this weak drivel.

UZER
06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I know it shouldn't bother me what some nut-job thinks, but I thought that analysis was idiotic. 18 rebounds was the stat of the night? Really? Pretty sure 92-88 was the stat of the night. Spurs have no one behind Duncan? No, the Spurs don't have a back-up for the greatest player of his generation - wow, brilliant. Oh, btw, the Heat don't have a back-up for Lebron - you know, just sayin'.

He is absurdly confident of the Heat, then says the series is going to 7 games. No one should be confident about a game 7 - anything can happen. Bosh remains Bosh, Wade tweaks an ankle... Apparently has no clue who Kawhi Leonard is. Looks at his weight and says he can't bother Lebron, while admitting that he bothered Lebron in game 1. Just makes no sense. Miami was comfortable? Really? Bosh looked bad, Lebron was not comfortable, Wade was ok for 3 quarters - Miller and Allen looked comfortable on the Heat and that's it. Doesn't mention that coaching mis-match at all.

I guess I am just angry that most guys would kill to have a job where they are paid tons of money to talk about sports. Cowherd has that dream job, and he gets paid to talk about this weak drivel.

Certain guys on the espn roster are absolute mouth pieces for the agenda. he's one, so is greeny from mike and Mike.

TheyCallMePro
06-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I can't stand this guy. He's so patronizing when he's trying to make a 'point' that it just makes me sick. He's a complete and utter frontrunner, and always disparages the so called 'under-dogs' because he believes it will generate him better ratings. He has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, and is hell bent on making up excuses for why his beloved front runners failed. And guys, this guy is a total asshole, don't believe for one second if the Spurs win this series he'll give them ANY credit at ALL. He won't. It will all be excuses for what was plaguing the Heat. Even if he doesn't make excuses, he won't acknowledge the Spurs in any way. He'll move right on to talking about NFL training camp and will act like the NBA Finals never happened.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 07:33 PM
oh I'm 100% sure he already has excuses ready in case Miami loses

Wade was Injured

Lebron had no help

that's it

oh well, btw rascal, why we listening to that guy? I didn't even know he existed and just had to listen to the mp3 because I could hardly believe it. I just listened to probably the worst take someone could ever make from last night's game. A 5 year old could probably give you better analysis. This guy gets paid for that :wow

He is the Bill Oreilly of Sports IMO

ohmwrecker
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
It's amazing how this guy has a job in sports broadcasting without knowing anything at all about basketball. His basketball takes are hilariously horrible.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 07:41 PM
It's amazing how this guy has a job in sports broadcasting without knowing anything at all about basketball. His basketball takes are hilariously horrible.

not to mention his voice is freaking annoying.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Why are Spur fans so sensitive about what some guy says on his talk show. You don't like it why are you listening?

Because we love the Spurs and are defensive about someone talking shit about them. It's like someone talking about your mom.

Budkin
06-07-2013, 07:44 PM

He didn't even say 7 at first. At the beginning he said "Heat in 6." Which means the Spurs go 1-4 from here on out? :lol

ohmwrecker
06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Because we love the Spurs and are defensive about someone talking shit about them. It's like someone talking about your mom.

Even taking his Spurs specific commentary out of the equation, the guy just has no clue about basketball whatsoever.

Reck
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
This guy is on Gutierrez level of retarded.

TheGoldStandard
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Cowherd is a hack, it's funny how he stays the course of the typical drivel that comes out of ESPN. Most of the ESPN guys are teetering because they sense that the Spurs can actually win this series but some want to remain ignorant and bash what they do no understand.

Solid D
06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Cowherd likes shiny things and stuff that entertains him. The poor soul who buys a product because of how it looks and realizes afterward that it only came with a 30-day warranty.

He said on his radio show once that the Texas Rangers' pitching wasn't good enough to get them into the playoffs...the year they played the Giants in the World Series.

DMC
06-07-2013, 08:26 PM
You gotta love guys who discount coaching as if the players on the floor make great, warrior like decisions. They make shitty decisions. The Pacers turned the ball over every other possession and still almost won. Truth be told, the Pacers should have been up 2-0 going back home, if not for shitty coaching they would be in the Finals now and SA would stomp a mudhole in them.

Russ
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Couldn't resist . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulSsTbflGU

pikkiwoki
06-07-2013, 09:21 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-worst-men-in-sports-5748972

Colin Cowherd: Radio host, race-baiting huckster

This fall, Colin Cowherd went on ESPN Radio and called John Wall a ******. A few days later, amid great hue and cry, he went on the air and called him a ****** again. I don't use this word lightly, but what else could Cowherd have wanted us to hear? He talked about "IQ judgment" and Wall's "wild, out-of-control style" and said something about robbing a bank and used the phrase "Yo, dawg, look at me" and referred to Wall's fans as "the wrong people," and I swear, in the sneering way he said "the wrong people," in the little bit of English he put on that middle word, you could read the whole damn history of redlining in America, and then a little later he busted on the kid for not having a dad.

I don't believe Colin Cowherd is a racist. I think he is a radio huckster who understands that there is awesome profit in stopping just short of saying "******" on national radio, in letting his audience make all the foul connections for themselves. And because this is America — where Nothing Is Ever About Race, where anything can be justified so long as it moves the needle, and where our media culture operates on the premise that we are all slackjawed morons — he is absolutely untouchable. He is critic-proof. Just think about that: One of the foremost media personalities in one of the most tight-assed, image-conscious, PG-rated media companies in the land — an outfit that suspended Tony Kornheiser in part for talking about Hannah Storm's skirt, that went into spasms of pretend conscience over airing ads for a slasher movie during a college football game — goes on national radio and whispers "******" and no one in Bristol feels obliged to say anything. And of course no one does. Colin Cowherd moves the needle, they'd only point out. Colin Cowherd speaks his mind. Colin Cowherd gets people talking. (So did Ted Bundy. What's your point?)

The media marketplace will always find room for demagogues and controversialists and crypto-bigots, even for especially dumb ones likes Cowherd. They've been around for so long that hatred is virtually the grammar of radio. For many years, mass culture kept up an uneasy detente with these figures. They were given their margins, and they kept to them, and there was an understanding on both sides that they spoke to a very devoted fraction — a large one, in some instances, but a fraction nonetheless. I don't want to give Cowherd too much credit, because I think he's a stupid man, and I don't pretend that he's doing anything appreciably different from whatever goes down during Skippy and Goatface's Morning Sports Holocaust on your local FM dial, but Cowherd, to my mind, represents the collapse of that cultural consensus. Something in the culture is irreparably fucked when its purveyors of mass entertainment look at a guy whispering "******" on his margin and think he trades in common coin. That he's just like everyone else, an everyman with an everyman's frustrations about the world. Colin Cowherd has a CBS sitcom. Something is fucked. (Tommy Craggs)

This guy should be beneath our notice.

Cowherd never said the N-word. Whoever wrote that article is oversensitive, paranoid delusional, and butt hurt.

Cowherd is a racist, yet he swings from LeChoke's nutsack like Tarzan? Does not compute.

Kidd K
06-07-2013, 09:25 PM
For anyone that doesn't know who Cowherd is, his opinions on every sport are pretty much ONLY what the "popular opinion" is. The mind numbing "Heat won last year, so they will be champs this year" bullshit pussy stance that lazy fairweather fans usually take when they want to appear relevant.

Cowherd will pick Miami until the Spurs win. Then he'll make excuses. Cowherd was on Mike and Mike too earlier today to "talk about the series", and all he did was blow the Heat and talk about how the Spurs were lucky the Heat were tired and how that's the only reason the Spurs won.

If you were to make a "top 5 worst/dumbest sports personalities", he's on the list. Would probably make the top 3.

mute
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
this is why local broadcast > ESPN

how on earth can u even expect him to watch nba, nfl, golf, mlb and any other sport. straight up talking out of his ass

Cry Havoc
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't believe Colin Cowherd is a racist.

Cowherd never said the N-word. Whoever wrote that article is oversensitive, paranoid delusional, and butt hurt.

Cowherd is a racist, yet he swings from LeChoke's nutsack like Tarzan? Does not compute.

Reading comprehension there, chief. Try reading the entire article.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2013, 09:31 PM
If you choose to be sensitive about what talking heads say and you're listening to Cowherd, you're doing it wrong.

pikkiwoki
06-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Reading comprehension there, chief. Try reading the entire article.

Colin Cowherd went on ESPN Radio and called John Wall a (N-word)

:lol ok chief

hater
06-07-2013, 09:37 PM
If you choose to be sensitive about what talking heads say and you're listening to Cowherd, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think anybody in this thread listens to Cowherd on a regular basis tbh

pgardn
06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
1) Cowherd ALWAYS says controversial shit. It's his schtick.

2) My 2 1/2 year old knows more about the Spurs, NBA, or the sport of basketball entirely than him. His takes on anything but college football have always been and will always be utter garbage.

These are people who are paid to be prepared. There are many reasonable points he could have made to back up his pick. The first thing might be to know the opponent. The guy clearly knows very little to nothing about the Spurs. Blowing Leonard off like he has no attributes, misstating his weight...

He could still be right about Miami winning, but that does not change the fact he knows nothing about the Spurs. Tim Duncan is not a mismatch, seriously?

Man In Black
06-07-2013, 09:53 PM
I heard Cowherd spewing that same rhetoric on his own show today. He even went so far as to say that he's successfully predicted the last 8 NBA Champions and the last 5 Super Bowl winners. This arrogant prick thinks the he knows his shit better than most. This is the same guy that predicted the Spurs to lose to the Fakers, Warriors and Grizzlies. Of course he doesn't bother the mention that.

When the Spurs win the title, I'm going to pull up a chair the next day and listen to him try and explain how he got this prediction wrong. It'll be fun listening to him try to explain himself, while trying to pull his foot out of this mouth and munching on a plate of cold crow.

He sucked at college hoops.

2nd to last:
http://blog.pundittracker.com/march-madness-2013-final-bracket-rankings/

Budkin
06-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow you thought Colin on SAS was bad... Listen to the Miami deep throat on the Herd show this morning. Bigot Broussard comes in near the end and obviously agrees and said the Heat could have blown it open had they brought their "A Game." Ironically the Miami ESPN guy picked the Spurs in 6.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9352360

rayray2k8
06-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Cry Havoc
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Colin Cowherd went on ESPN Radio and called John Wall a (N-word)

:lol ok chief

That's exactly what he's saying. He's saying Cowherd said what he said for pageviews, not out of a sense of hate or prejudice. Race-baiting and racism aren't the same thing.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2013, 10:03 PM
He also said last week that if the rumor of Dwight going to Golden State was true, it would match the league changing magnitude of the Miami trio coming together. A once in a decade event that changes the course of the NBA. Stephen curry and Klay Thompson with Dwight is entirely unstoppable for years to come. Miami should watch out. The greatest inside outside threat in league history. LOL

What in the name of holy fuck is he talking about?? Klay Thompson looked like a god damn scrub once the Spurs actually paid attention to him.. And Miami should look out for the Bulls and the Pacers next year.. Oh yeah and the Spurs right now..

Budkin
06-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Who gives a fuck?

It's because most people talk shit about the Spurs because they don't watch them and heard they're boring. Here is a situation where dumbass watched the game and still thinks the Spurs are a joke after beating his team. He doesn't even give them an iota of credit. I think this thread is so long because it's so outrageous.

BillMc
06-07-2013, 10:15 PM
God! WE MUST WIN THIS SERIES! I hate this smug guy.

michaelwcho
06-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I know this is a Texas board and all, but Cowherd is basically sports version of Rush Limbaugh, tbh.

Gino-Step
06-17-2013, 08:14 PM
As expected this Dude is still hating on Spurs. Saying it's about the system as if using a system is cheating.

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm kind of surprised some of you guys still haven't realized that people like him (and guys on Around the Horn, etc), will ALWAYS pick the popular/hot team and sink with the ship before they give a small market NBA team props. They do it with other sports too, but they are extremely guilty of it in the NBA.

So often you see their preseason predictions almost always include the "favorites" for the next year are just the two teams who were in the Finals the year before. . .regardless of age, changing teams, and health changes. Their next season predictions usually center around splash impact of flashy names, not proven track records of guys being winners or being able to work with eachother.

Cowherd is pretty much the worst kind of the lot. They do next to no research, barely watch the games, and probably sits through a 2 minute power point to base his takes on everything around. And I may be giving him too much credit by assuming it's as long as 2 minutes.

Here's an example of Cowherd's takes:

Who do you think will win the title this year?

Cowherd: the miami heat

Why?

Cowherd: they were there last year

Is that it?

Cowherd: they have LeBron James

What about the other teams?

Cowherd: They aren't the Miami Heat, they don't have LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Seriously, is that it?

Cowherd: *repeats exact same things he just said, and probably acts like the person asking is stupid for not believing his shitty take immediately*

Cowherd and his takes in a nutshell.

CGD
06-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm an SVP and Russillo guy, but I don't totally hate Collin. His points about the business of the NBA aren't exactly wrong. The problem is that his mind set is for the regular season, where things like showy dunks and Blake Griffen actually matter (82 games is a long ass time!).

The last two rounds of the playoffs aren't really geared toward that; rather, it's about the sport as a craft, team, and attrition. Really I think if you ask the casual fan many tunes out basketball around time, and why things like the draft, trades, free agency, and Dwightmares are probably as, is not more, popular than the finals.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:47 PM
He is an idiot. Ignore him.

Harry Callahan
06-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Not only is Cowturd an idiot, I think he's got daddy and mommy issues (each one married/divorced 4 or 5 times). He locked himself in an attic for ten years pretending to be play by play guy due to the parental neglect and couldn't cut it. Nothing but a tool. I listened to his less than entertaining show a little bit last week while on business in LA and Vegas.

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Truer words never spoken.

The man hypes the Dallas Cowboys every year. C'mon...

manufan10
06-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I haven't listened to Cowherd in 6 years. I'm surprised he still has a show.

tmtcsc
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Colin Cowherd wants to teach you about life. To borrow his own style, "He's anecdote and analogy guy. You know the one...the guy who has no clue who he is so he compensates by trying to tell others who they are. Sadly, he's often caught trying to snow the wrong people - The experts who actually know what they are talking about. Happens all the time. You can always tell who the clueless guy is because he's so sure of himself."

Fuck him and useless opinions. He should shack up with the sack snatcher pig who calls herself "Babe".

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 09:17 PM
I haven't listened to Cowherd in 6 years. I'm surprised he still has a show.

Who's Cow-turd?

Beaverfuzz
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Anyone hear that? This dude has never watched a Spurs game before last night. Thinks Miami got them easy. Said Bulls and Pacers better than Spurs vs Miami. Lol

Cowherd's a hack, always has been. His schtick hasn't changed since he was on the local NBC station as the sports director in Portland Oregon. Blah blah blah blah blah.

DAF86
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Who the fuck is this bitch? :lol Man, he sounds like a complete douchebag, I'm glad I've never heard of him before.

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Who the fuck is this bitch? :lol Man, he sounds like a complete douchebag, I'm glad I've never heard of him before.

he's on ESPN radio after mike and mike. his football takes are pretty good, but he clearly doesn't care about basketball

whinger
06-17-2013, 10:04 PM
"Coward and Kornholer" ESPN's new Troll Show airs this Fall. Sure to be a big flopper.

Sean Cagney
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Who the hell is this clown??? I don't watch that bullshit ESPN crap.

tesseractive
06-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Cowherd's a hack, always has been. His schtick hasn't changed since he was on the local NBC station as the sports director in Portland Oregon. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Portland put up with this guy's idiot blowhard schtick? I would have thought there'd be riots or something.

When I got a longer commute a couple of years ago and starting listening to podcasts on the drive, I listened to a couple from ESPN that had Cowherd on it until I realized that intentional stupidity was the basic premise of his appeal, and then I avoided him. My condolences to anyone who listens to him on any kind of recurring basis.

Compared to Cowherd, Israel Gutierrez and some of the other ESPN usual suspects look like basketball savants. Gutierrez may not know much of anything about the Spurs, but at least he can say a few more things about the Heat besides "LeBron = teh awesome."

TrainOfThought5
06-18-2013, 03:10 AM
As expected this Dude is still hating on Spurs. Saying it's about the system as if using a system is cheating.

as if moving without the ball, extra passes, and open jumpshots is cheating.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-18-2013, 06:52 AM
This guy hates any team from Texas. Cowboy fans call him Colin Cowturd because he is so full of sh!t.

cutewizard
06-18-2013, 06:59 AM
may our beloved Spurs find their final resources and finish this in game six

im so tired watching the heat, tbh

May It Be.

Horse
06-18-2013, 07:19 AM
LOL just looked him up

he looks like a tool and he actually challenged Bruce Bowen to a 1-1

couldn't find the vid of it but apparently Bowen embarrassed him so bad, they probably deleted the vid from ESPN :lol

Same dick who challenged his producer of somebody of his staff to a race, then faked injury cause he got blown away. Frontrunner is the perfect description for this piece of shit. Typical miami fan I would love to kill that faggot.

CubanMustGo
06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
What a jackass this guy is ... literally.

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/colin-cowherd-sportsnation.jpg

TampaDude
06-18-2013, 08:00 AM

Wow...what a moron. It's going to be interesting to hear him after the Spurs close it out tonight. :lol

hater
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM

"..no they will win 1"

"suuuuuuure"

:lmao if this fucking guy is right all along

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Guy is another loud mouth pompous ass.

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
:lmao if this fucking guy is right all along

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
So how exactly are they going to win it in 6 if they have 3 losses? :lmao

hater
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
was referring to the bolded part

ChumpDumper
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
I picked the Miami Heat this season. Why wouldn't anyone?