PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Laker fans ONLY, should Kobe come back next year if Howard leaves?

Thebesteva
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
We need to have more Laker comradery on this board, especially since the most dramatic offseason will go to the Lakers.

Anyway, once Coward leaves to Houston it will leave the Lakers vulnerable and without any chance of even passing the first round. If you're Kobe Bryant, do you really wanna go out this way? Is it better if he just retires or should he come back and see if the Lakers can make some moves?

Also whats the 1 move the Lakers should make this offseason?

spurraider21
06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm not a Laker fan, but I do watch pretty much every Laker game on TV, and I'm pretty in tune with all their offseason crap/rumors.

If Dwight leaves, there's not much they can really do in order to be competitive this year, unless they can flip Pau for a superstar, which isn't happening. Besides that they are going to resign Earl Clark and Goudelock. If Clark gets some nutty offer from a dumb mediocre team, its another story, but if Coward bolts, then they may as well pay him, since he was something of a bright spot. So I'm really not sure what they should do regarding Kobe. Are they really going to rush him back to give it his all (which won't be as good as last year) for a non-contending team? I'm actually curious to see what Pau can still do if he's the starting center and is the primary low post option. A frontcourt of Pau and Clark is intriguing for sure, but its not a team that will compete with the big boys in the West. Kobe has limited time left, and next season would be wasting one of them if Dwight leaves. There are rumblings that MWP will opt out, but I don't see that happening. Would they even bother using the amnesty if Dwight leaves anyway? Probably not.

Big Empty
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Kobe should come back, but take his time. If he isnt 100% he should just sit the season out and come back the following year for one more run or two. You hold onto Gasol and in the offseason you go after Josh Smith and Jarret Jack or a point gaurd like chris paul. It isnt out of the question since the Lakers have a deep wallet. Nash is done and cant defend. The Lakers need to fill one of them holes with their first round draft choice. I think Smith will be cheaper than Coward and you still have funds to recruit a better bench.

Thebesteva
06-07-2013, 08:03 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38532582.jpg

Reck
06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeah like that's going to stop people from posting lakerfan.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Also whats the 1 move the Lakers should make this offseason?

You should strongly consider giving Monta Ellis or Josh Smith the max, tbh :hat

Rogue
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
As a mavs fan I can't care less about the lakers or any other team that's located outside of the big D. If I wanna see something happen in LA, i wish that would be TC joining them through a sign-and-trade or something. I think it's gonna be an idea of fun, because it would be fun to see how many celebrities will end up being divorced a year later because of big daddy Tyson tbh

hooperflash
06-07-2013, 10:53 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38532582.jpg

WE SAID SPURSTALK.COM

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 11:01 PM
WE SAID SPURSTALK.COM

PWND.

Damn :lol

Technique
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Op that's one of the greatest sigs of all time tbh

Spurs9
06-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Not sure what else they could do with Howard leaving or who would be a freeagent to sign. The salary for next season is still a huge issue for LA.

kobedwight2412
06-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Yes why? If you have a healthy Pau,Nash,Blake,Jhill,Clark thats still a formidable playoff team IMO as long as we get rid of that bitch ass MDA and Jim Buss. Get Brian Shaw plug the fucken Triangle & win the god damm Championship =D Lakers going to lake lol.

DMC
06-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Ask over at LG. When they take a time out from blowing TD and Parker, maybe someone will remember who you're talking about.

kobedwight2412
06-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Ask over at LG. When they take a time out from blowing TD and Parker, maybe someone will remember who you're talking about.

Not everyone on LG bashes TD, & Parker. IMO Parker is a top 10 player this year prob even top 5 healthy. TD is still shitting on people at 37 gotta respect that.

DMC
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Not everyone on LG bashes TD, & Parker. IMO Parker is a top 10 player this year prob even top 5 healthy. TD is still shitting on people at 37 gotta respect that.

aka blow

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Op that's one of the greatest sigs of all time tbh

I beg to differ.

GaryJohnston
06-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Lakers should cut ties with Coward. He's not going to take you back to where you want to be. The Lakers would be better suited signing a CP3 than Coward and start building a team, not buying a team. Yeah it takes a few years but it has worked for the Spurs for years, OKC recently, the Pacers, etc...I don't know. Just my opinion.