PDA

View Full Version : This is Chess not Checkers

spursince#99
06-07-2013, 08:07 PM
First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate my fellow Spurs fans on the magnificent win yesterday. Now on to the important part. I can almost guarantee that
we'll win Game 2 regardless of the adjustments the Heat will make. Pop discovered a pot of gold yesterday that he'll definitely unleash come Game 2. I'll just let
you guys wonder about what it may be, but after watching the game twice already, I could see the impression on Pop's face that he had found something and
after constant replay, I could see what it was. It was like wizardry or some sort of magical element he never knew existed. However, you guys are in for quite a
surprise. On the other hand, WHEN we win Game 2, the Heat won't make it out of San Antonio. Mark my words because while we're thinking long series, our
players are thinking SWEEP. Although I think we'll win in 5, never underestimate the heart of a champion, OR Greg Popovich. It's deeper than X's and O's. This is
Chess not Checkers. Hold That.

anonoftheinternets
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
what else can u "not" tell us? ...

Big Empty
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
spit it out. the suspense is killing me.

spursince#99
06-07-2013, 08:14 PM
what else can u "not" tell us? ...

who said I couldn't tell?

Gino-Step
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes. Sag off Dwade with Manu. Go over top of screens with Ray Allen and force him to curl in. Help on lebron after he picks up his dribble not while he's hesitating. Force them to take Cole off the floor by sagging off him. Do not guard Bosh outside the key. When Dwade gets a pick under the hoop to cut up, don't even try to follow him cause if you curl with him he'll do a hesitation while catching then blow by Danny Green.

Post up Duncan and send Kawhi to the hoop for an offensive board. Catch Dwade napping on defense. Play Manu backup point. More splitter and Diaw. No bonner.

Game 2 easy.

honestfool84
06-07-2013, 08:18 PM
It's "Gregg", not "Greg".

And it helps if you create paragraphs... much easier on the eyes to read.

Keepin' it real
06-07-2013, 08:20 PM
This is Chess not Checkers

Hey, I watched Training Day, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RSLhdGWQM

spursince#99
06-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes. Sag off Dwade with Manu. Go over top of screens with Ray Allen and force him to curl in. Help on lebron after he picks up his dribble not while he's hesitating. Force them to take Cole off the floor by sagging off him. Do not guard Bosh outside the key. When Dwade gets a pick under the hoop to cut up, don't even try to follow him cause if you curl with him he'll do a hesitation while catching then blow by Danny Green.

Post up Duncan and send Kawhi to the hoop for an offensive board. Catch Dwade napping on defense. Play Manu backup point. More splitter and Diaw. No bonner.

Game 2 easy.

nah that has nothing to do with it, but a couple of players you mentioned do.

Yuixafun
06-07-2013, 08:25 PM
This from season 1 of the Wire... he teaches these Kids how to play Chess when they playing Checkers on a Chessboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HUlTKvDUI

MSPaint
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
5/10

spursfaninla
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Sorry to spoil your drama but BS. The spurs and the heat missed some open 3pt shots, but most of the open 3pt shots that the heat shot were by design; our game plan is to let everyone but allen shoot open 3's because they can't hit them with regularity.

Trying to get us to "wonder" is pointless. Many people have analyzed the game already and pointed out just about every tactic and strategy that was used during the game. I doubt you have anything to add, but if you do, go for it. If you are right, major props. I doubt it, tough.

Stabula
06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
What a fucking retarded post.

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 08:31 PM
hahaha hope you are right. But I think the Heat got a guy with a name Riley that is currently working on the counterpunch

if you had seen Riley's face at around the 3rd quarter, he had the face that he knew Heat were toast this game. But I'm sure he's finding ways to counteract whatever "pot of gold" Pop found

this series is far from over

Yuixafun
06-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Or it might just be a game 2 win for the Spurs from being over.

spursince#99
06-07-2013, 08:34 PM
What a fucking retarded post.

Dude please stop before you lower the IQ of this thread.

coopdogg3
06-07-2013, 09:25 PM
hahaha hope you are right. But I think the Heat got a guy with a name Riley that is currently working on the counterpunch

if you had seen Riley's face at around the 3rd quarter, he had the face that he knew Heat were toast this game. But I'm sure he's finding ways to counteract whatever "pot of gold" Pop found

this series is far from over

I had the opposite thought. Looked to me like he wanted to take a nap, and he was ready for this series to be over. I know he sold his house in Miami, and bought a nice house in California. I think he can't wait to retire honestly. /shrug Guess we'll see.