PDA

View Full Version : Forget .4... we got the millesecond! TM by MIB

Man In Black
06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
:nutkick:
http://nba.si.com/2013/06/07/tony-parker-best-nba-finals-shots-michael-jordan-magic-johnson-robert-horry-vinnie-johnson-john-paxson/

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 08:26 PM
incredible shot but it was not a shot that changed the outcome of the game IMO

Fisher's shot was not only at end of regulation, but changed the outcome of a series

Trainwreck2100
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
:cry we will never hear Al Michaels call another Finals game

gnsf0946
06-07-2013, 08:32 PM
incredible shot but it was not a shot that changed the outcome of the game IMO

Fisher's shot was not only at end of regulation, but changed the outcome of a series

agree about Fisher shot but disagree Parker's shot not changing the outcome

if he missed that show we'd have 2 point lead with 6 seconds to go which is more than enough time for Miami to take it to OT or win in regulation but since he made it they had to rush a bad shot and that's the primary reason they ended up scoreless on the last possesion

nkdlunch
06-07-2013, 08:34 PM
agree about Fisher shot but disagree Parker's shot not changing the outcome

if he missed that show we'd have 2 point lead with 6 seconds to go which is more than enough time for Miami to take it to OT or win in regulation but since he made it they had to rush a bad shot and that's the primary reason they ended up scoreless on the last possesion

the chances that any team will tie or win a game with 5 seconds is small. So why would you assume the opposite? The game was still in hand.

Yuixafun
06-07-2013, 08:36 PM
And as far as it not changing the outcome of the series, too early to tell.

If Parker misses and Heat go back and score to tie it. Overtime would have been feeding frenzy for the Heat.

Spurs drop game 1 would be really tough spirit blow, while the Heat would be reinvigorated.

Yuixafun
06-07-2013, 08:37 PM
And yea the .4 shot was in my head when Parker made that...

It was like after all these years the Ghost might be exorcised.

Bill_Brasky
06-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Guarantee if Parker misses that LeBron comes down and scores.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-07-2013, 08:45 PM
We should just call it "0.1" and still call Fisher's "0.4."

The basket might not itself have changed the entire outcome, but I think it extremely likely that the Heat would have scored 2-3 points in the 5 seconds remaining. Is there any Spurs fan here who would really have felt comfortable with the Spurs holding a 90-88 lead, the Heat having the ball, and there being five seconds in regulation?

Yuixafun
06-07-2013, 08:47 PM
That would have been the ideal situation for the Refs to influence the outcome, if they did such things at Stern's behest ;)

Kidd K
06-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah and if anyone heard the Hubie Brown call of that play, you'll understand why I, and many others, think he should never announce a Spurs game. He completely blew that call and made it sound like a run of the mill, shitty play that shouldn't have even counted.

Would have totally ruined a memorable play. This is why I feel national announcers need to either be neutral or cheer for BOTH teams, not clearly cheer against certain teams but get excited for the others. They have to get excited on all plays and otherwise be neutral, otherwise they're ruining it for people cheering for the other team.

Man In Black
06-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Instead of seeing 0.4 or .01, i'd rather see MILLISECOND It seems so very Spur!

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 10:11 PM
The Millisecond.

Sounds legit.

Samr.
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
I don't think the issue is what if Parker missed, I think the issue is what if he turned it over, which he almost did twice. That shot was incredible, and that's what everyone is focusing on. But the BALL HANDLING required to even keep that play alive was, imo, the most remarkable part.

What if Parker turned it over early when he got trapped? Coulda easily turned into a Heat fast break, and all the sudden instead of Spurs up 4 it's a tie game with time left.

eyeh8u
06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
the decisecond

Budkin
06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Guarantee if Parker misses that LeBron comes down and scores.

This. Parker saved Green's ass after that retarded fucking foul on Allen.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Danny Green had a "Ginobili 2006 WCSF Game 7" moment.

Ginobili made a 3-pointer that put the Spurs up 104-101. But then his subsequent foolish foul on Nowitzki allowed the Mavs to tie 104-104.

Danny Green made a 3-pointer that could have sealed the deal for the Spurs, putting them up 88-81. But then he foolishly fouled Allen on a 3-point attempt that ended up missing anyway. Result, Spurs only lead Heat 88-86.

DMC
06-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Different things completely. Parker had the ball for half the shot clock or more. Fish had it for .4 seconds or less, if you believe that.

Tim's last second shot in the 1st half was just as important.

Agloco
06-08-2013, 12:12 AM
It's a tenth of a second no? A couple of orders of magnitude off tbh.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah well the difference is, Parker's shot was actually legit and got off in time.

Fisher's never should have counted.

Yuixafun
06-08-2013, 01:29 AM
That's good to point out...

There were several key plays that got forgotten because of how monumental Tony's shot became.

Like The Danny Green 3 and then Foul

Duncan's .8 shot swish.

Leonard rebound after Neal chuck.

Tiago block, Timmy block..

Tiago hook shot over Lebron lol

I mean all these plays came at crucial junctures of the game.

Felt like the whole game was up in the air for the majority of it.

And the level of basketball acumen that was displayed.

Spurs offense is militaristic.

Classic Game 1 to me.

Skull-1
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Yeah well the difference is, Parker's shot was actually legit and got off in time.

I am a Spurs fan. My eye sees a double dribble and a travel in the 120 frames per second version.... No ref can catch that with the naked eye, but, if we are gonna get technical...

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I am a Spurs fan. My eye sees a double dribble and a travel in the 120 frames per second version.... No ref can catch that with the naked eye, but, if we are gonna get technical...

Not really a travel since refs almost always allow the step through (for all players). He did barely double drib though, but I doubt anyone even caught that until looking at the slow motion replay from the opposite angle to see that the ball touched his left hand for a split second after he was recovering from the slip.

Blasphemy that you're taking a defensive stance for the 0.4 though. Parker at least got his shot off in time. Fish probably took double the time that was on the clock to shoot that and they still counted it. :\

SA210
06-08-2013, 10:20 AM

Skull-1
06-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Not really a travel since refs almost always allow the step through (for all players). He did barely double drib though, but I doubt anyone even caught that until looking at the slow motion replay from the opposite angle to see that the ball touched his left hand for a split second after he was recovering from the slip.

Blasphemy that you're taking a defensive stance for the 0.4 though. Parker at least got his shot off in time. Fish probably took double the time that was on the clock to shoot that and they still counted it. :\

Fisher's shot was blatantly illegitimate. If Parker's is as well...it was too subtle to notice. In real time it looked like Wade got a hand on it. No ref coulda caught that in my opinion. Major difference. But still not convinced it was legitimate. Hell of an effort regardless.