PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lowe Praises Spurs /Rips Wade :" this was one of his very worst playoff Gms"

cd021
06-07-2013, 09:54 PM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/64797/a-story-of-refinement-how-the-spurs-elevated-playmaking-triumphed-in-game-1
"Dwyane Wade is in terrible position. Wade scored 17 points, above-average output for him these days, but aside from some very difficult first-half shot-making during a stretch when LeBron rested, this was one of his very worst playoff games. The Spurs caught him over-helping/ball-watching twice and found his man, Danny Green, for open 3-pointers. He was slow chasing Manu Ginobili through basic cuts, once yielding an open 3 for the Mad Genius at the top of the arc. He fell so far behind Ginobili on one San Antonio possession that James and Wade had to switch assignments as Ginobili curled off multiple picks, the last one from James’s man (Leonard). The Spurs then dawdled into what looked like a dead possession when Gary Neal, who played more minutes alongside Tony Parker (18) than in any other Spurs playoff game so far, launched a contested 2-point jumper — a huge win for Miami.

But the win turned to a crushing loss when Leonard danced around a lazy Wade boxout, caught the rebound, and laid it back in:
And then there is the spacing issue. Wade cannot just be standing in no-man’s-land on the baseline, allowing his man, Neal, to linger at the edge of the paint, another body for LeBron to see without any consequence. He either needs to be in the corner or elsewhere on the floor above the 3-point arc. Wade is a poor 3-point shooter who doesn’t even look to shoot from there anymore, so he wouldn’t exert much gravitational pull on Neal by standing way out in the corner. But every half-step Neal takes away from the paint matters, and if Wade’s in the corner, he at least has a head of steam if LeBron kicks him the ball. And, man, does Wade need a head of steam these days.
And this spacing snafu happened more than once; look at Wade on the left baseline here:"

Much of the Article highlights the Spurs execution and smart defense on James.

I was surprised by how much time he took to rip Wade.

I've said before when he isn't attacking and or getting the the line he is kind of useless on offense ,this post season. He can't shoot from outside (29% 3pt for his career), Manu & Green can play off of him and assume he is going to drive. When they go big its not unlike RJ and the Spurs doing that Phoenix series in '10 when RJ couldn't shoot from outside and it screwed up the spacing drastically. Playing Bosh & Haslem along with Wade essentially means that they have 3 players who aren't going to shoot from outside 18 feet (Bosh occasionally on corner 3's) leaving Chalmers and Lebron to space the floor.

eyeh8u
06-07-2013, 10:23 PM
fuck zach lowe

exstatic
06-07-2013, 10:51 PM
fuck zach lowe

Truth hurts. Wade is more broken down than Manu, and he's younger.

eyeh8u
06-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Truth hurts. Wade is more broken down than Manu, and he's younger.

thats not why i wrote fuck zach lowe

PÒÓCH
06-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Zach Lowe Who? Is he the guy from saved by the bell?

jimbo
06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Wade's only way to be good in Miami's offense if he can't drive is to make a lot of off ball cuts. He did that during the streak and averaged what like 25 ppg or something around there. He made a bunch of bullshit shots to get his 17 points last night tbh.

When he's just standing around, he's just so useless. He can't make his mid range jumpers anymore. Can't make a three. Can't drive.

I can't believe that Wade would be more crippled (or just dumb, but I assume Miami pays people a lot of money to tell him what he's doing wrong) than Manu. That's unbelievable. Honestly, I wasn't even looking at him on the defensive end, I didn't realize he was this bad.

exstatic
06-07-2013, 10:58 PM
thats not why i wrote fuck zach lowe

It might help to elaborate on your comments if the reason isn't the article he wrote.

eyeh8u
06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
It might help to elaborate on your comments if the reason isn't the article he wrote.

you are right, but the elaboration is as succinct as my original post. I just dont like him, rubs me the wrong way. If i get into psychologist mode and delve deep into my own mind, it might be for a myriad of reasons, from my own shortcomings and insecurities to proliferation of stat guys who mold statistics to make thier own point and conclude that since their opinion is fact based their opinion is fact, but I have a thousand other things to overanalyse and obsess over right now; so for now all i can say is "fuck zach lowe"

chapnis
06-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Zach Lowe has better takes than 90% of the other writers.

SpursBills
06-07-2013, 11:22 PM
zach lowe is one of, if not THE best nba writer out there today. even when his takes are wrong, they're usually well thought-out with solid evidence to back up his claims. unlike faggots like israel gutierrez or ja adande whose opinion consists of 'hurrrr - lebron iz da best!!! heat in 7!!!'

Bruno
06-07-2013, 11:26 PM
When Wade is that bad, defending Miami is way less difficult. It's a lot similar to the Thunder when Westbrook got injured. These teams offense then becomes almost only dependent on one player (Lebron or Durant) and good defensive teams like Pacers, Grizzlies or Spurs can slow them down a lot. Wade sucking is the main reason why Miami has struggled lately.

I'm not far to think that Miami are better when Wade isn't on the court. He hurt their spacing and he isn't that good defensively. Chalmers/Allen/Miller/LeBron/Bosh could be Miami best current lineup.

Now, If Wade can get back to a good level, Spurs are in deep troubles.

Budkin
06-08-2013, 01:39 AM
When Wade is that bad, defending Miami is way less difficult. It's a lot similar to the Thunder when Westbrook got injured. These teams offense then becomes almost only dependent on one player (Lebron or Durant) and good defensive teams like Pacers, Grizzlies or Spurs can slow them down a lot. Wade sucking is the main reason why Miami has struggled lately.

I'm not far to think that Miami are better when Wade isn't on the court. He hurt their spacing and he isn't that good defensively. Chalmers/Allen/Miller/LeBron/Bosh could be Miami best current lineup.

Now, If Wade can get back to a good level, Spurs are in deep troubles.

How the hell is Wade going to magically get back to a good level? He's hurt which is one of the main reasons the Heat are out of sync in the playoffs. It's the Heat that are in trouble.

heyheymymy
06-08-2013, 06:00 AM
zach lowe is one of, if not THE best nba writer out there today. even when his takes are wrong, they're usually well thought-out with solid evidence to back up his claims. unlike faggots like israel gutierrez or ja adande whose opinion consists of 'hurrrr - lebron iz da best!!! heat in 7!!!'

ja adande could barely muster a fake smile in the postgame after game 1. dude was so hurt it was not even funny. you could read it on his face like a book.

Bruno
06-08-2013, 01:04 PM
How the hell is Wade going to magically get back to a good level? He's hurt which is one of the main reasons the Heat are out of sync in the playoffs. It's the Heat that are in trouble.

I don't know exactly what his injury is and the role it plays in his poor plays. Confidence could also be a huge part of the issue. It's safe to say that Wade won't be back at 100% but Wade, even at 80%, would be a huge issue for Spurs.

mudyez
06-08-2013, 01:33 PM

:tu

DMC
06-08-2013, 05:27 PM
lol these backhanded appraisals are just smoke and mirrors for the real message of blowing Lebron James.

pikkiwoki
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
lol these backhanded appraisals are just smoke and mirrors for the real message of blowing Lebron James.

exactly. lowe is just salty since he picked heat in 6.

cd021
06-08-2013, 09:20 PM
exactly. lowe is just salty since he picked heat in 6.

Did you read the entire article? He thoroughly praises the Spurs. He picked Memphis but still wrote fantastic articles about how the Spurs crushed them.

cd021
06-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Lowe the the best NBA writer out there. That isn't really debatable. I really only trust his take along with Ryen Russilo's.

DMC
06-08-2013, 11:34 PM
So if a guy blows your team he's the best writer out there?

Darius McCrary
06-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Zach Lowe has better takes than 90% of the other writers.

This.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I wish they would stop writing this stuff and trying to WAKE WADE UP! Just let him stay playing bad and sleep! Good lord let the man be ;)