PDA

View Full Version : Let's be optimistic here and discuss why the Spurs have a big chance in game 2

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 10:46 PM
The stats have us at only 18% winning game 2.

After watching the replay I just wanted to cite a few points on why and how the Spurs can change that trend.

1. Timmy had many opportunities in the PnR in which he didn't convert on. Though a 20 and 14 statline can be deceiving Tim, without a doubt, could've done more. And I have a good feeling he'll do that in game 2, the Heat just don't have anyone who they can throw at #21 that he couldn't beast on even at 37 tbh.

2. The Spurs shot at 30.4% behind the arc, Whi was 0-4 and DG's 4/9 can be considered great yes it was but most,if not all, of those attempts were, yep wide open. I doubt they shoot that bad again in this series.

3. 21. With the way TP's playing right now, he won't have a game scoring less than that. Book it.

4. Matt Bonner only played for 7 minutes and 17 seconds. As I've observed Pop will ride on to the Timmy Tiago frontline till the end and switch to small ball with either of those 2 manning the 5 if needed. Therefore less Bonner more Tiago.

5. Pop>Spoelstra, yep I know we all wanted to kill Pop for playing Neal that much and letting Bonner and Neal play at the same time for a few minutes. And I believe that Pop will make the necessary adjustments quicker and better than the faggot coach the Heat have. If you think of the otherwise then you're an idiot tbh.

These might be proven wrong by the Heat in game 2 because obviously we didn't take their best shot yet but at the same time the Spurs didn't throw there best haymaker either.

"We played an OK game.
-Manu Ginobili

"I don't think we're as good as you say. We looked at the film today, and I thought we had just as many dry possessions as we had good ones,"
-Pop

And if all else fails, you just gotta fcking Believe tbh.

:flag: GO SPURS GO :flag:

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-07-2013, 10:55 PM
As far as I can tell, the Spurs' biggest advantage may be the fact that all the pressure is squarely on the Heat now. The Heat's desperation could mean a resounding Miami victory on Sunday night......or, it could lead to sloppy, ill-advised decisions, too much hero ball, etc.

GaryJohnston
06-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I expect us to play alot better in game 2. I'm sure Miami will too. It will come down to who can play better in the 4th again.

Miami would be wise not to think that Spurs team that showed up yesterday is the norm.

ElNono
06-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought our defense went from 'good' to 'great' as the game wore on. I don't know if it was the early rust or just the unfamiliarity with the Heat that took a while to shake off, but the Spurs put together a 3rd and 4th quarter where they only allowed 36pts combined for that half. While the Heat is sure to look at the tape and adjust the offense to counter some of the Spurs' schemes, I also think the Spurs will watch the tape and see where they can improve over what they did.

It's difficult to keep that defensive intensity throughout, but if the Spurs can put 3 solid quarters like that, they're going to give themselves a great shot at winning game 2 (or any other game this series, tbh).

100%duncan
I expect us to play alot better in game 2. I'm sure Miami will too. It will come down to who can play better in the 4th again.

Miami would be wise not to think that Spurs team that showed up yesterday is the norm.

That was one of my points. Both teams will play alot better and it will be all about who'll adjust quickly. I'll trust Pop on that.

100%duncan

That was one of my points. Both teams will play alot better and it will be all about who'll adjust quickly. I'll trust Pop on that.

The Reckoning
06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Spurs executed almost flawlessly. They tied a finals record with fewest turnovers.

However, shots didn't fall. It all depends on whether they can execute, if they can counter the Heat's adjustments, and hit their shots - also, if they can't allow L:lolBron to take over the game.

They also have to slow the tempo of the game and transition. If they can suck the air out of the arena then they'll dominate.

Leaving Ray Allen open like that is a cardinal sin btw.

Kidd K
06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Spurs were rusty in game 1.

I loved getting the rest and am glad for it, but let's be real. . .Spurs didn't look crisp on either end. Hilarious thing is, I would rate their overall game as C+ to B- (high 70%/low 80%) with their max game being 100% or A+. They can play way better. . .any of us that's seen them play all year knows it.

The Heat played amazing in the first half then took a shit. Spurs didn't really even have a good quarter (overall on both ends, Spurs did do some things great though) when you think about it. Spurs have a lot of room for improvement. . .which bodes well since a lot of their not being at top form could be attributed to rust.

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 11:13 PM
I thought our defense went from 'good' to 'great' as the game wore on. I don't know if it was the early rust or just the unfamiliarity with the Heat that took a while to shake off, but the Spurs put together a 3rd and 4th quarter where they only allowed 36pts combined for that half. While the Heat is sure to look at the tape and adjust the offense to counter some of the Spurs' schemes, I also think the Spurs will watch the tape and see where they can improve over what they did.

It's difficult to keep that defensive intensity throughout, but if the Spurs can put 3 solid quarters like that, they're going to give themselves a great shot at winning game 2 (or any other game this series, tbh).

Only knack that I saw on defense, has been seeing all fucking year long especially in the playoffs, is that we leave their shooters all the time. On the press con I think Pop said that that was the strategy, to sag off and get ready to surround Bron when he gets into the lane although it worked I'm having doubts about that. Almost everyone of their guards know only one thing, to shoot. Allen, Cole, Chalmers, Miller and we were damned lucky they didn't hit those shots. They went cold in the 2nd half despite wide open looks tbh.

DarrinS
06-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I think Spurs will hit more open shots, but I also think they'll turn the ball over more.

I just watched the 4th quarter again, and I noticed that Spo yanked Birdman for a pretty large part of that quarter. Anything to that? Seems we got easier points in the paint and defensive rebounds .

TE
06-07-2013, 11:16 PM
They're going to have a chance if they ride the storm that will occur courtesy of Miami. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we go down double digits. I hope I'm wrong tbh.

TheGoldStandard
06-07-2013, 11:23 PM
The 3's did not fall and we had good looks, Neal was 1-5 but only 3 of those were good looks and Kawhi had 4 good looks and missed both, we convert some of those and the missed layups and we should be solid on offense. On defense we played great in the quarters that mattered, 2nd and 4th so I think we can keep up that pace. The turnovers are going to be the hardest thing to replicate

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I think Spurs will hit more open shots, but I also think they'll turn the ball over more.

I just watched the 4th quarter again, and I noticed that Spo yanked Birdman for a pretty large part of that quarter. Anything to that? Seems we got easier points in the paint and defensive rebounds .

I hope and have a good feeling that that exchange will net a positive for us.

Richie
06-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Spurs will turn it over more, but hopefully hit more open threes. If we're lucky, these will cancel out. Live ball turnovers will kill us even if we shoot lights out from 3.

I think we need to go to Timmy and even Tiago more in the post. Splitter scored with ease over Lebron and other small 4s the Heat put on him. The only bad post possession for him was against Bosh.

If Timmy isn't banging against Bosh on the defensive end, that should keep his legs fresh for stretches to throw it in to him in the low block. Obviously we can't go to him 30 times like in years past, but I think he should be able to get 18-20 points on 10-12 post ups with the way we create mismatches.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Spurs will turn it over more, but hopefully hit more open threes. If we're lucky, these will cancel out. Live ball turnovers will kill us even if we shoot lights out from 3.

I think we need to go to Timmy and even Tiago more in the post. Splitter scored with ease over Lebron and other small 4s the Heat put on him. The only bad post possession for him was against Bosh.

If Timmy isn't banging against Bosh on the defensive end, that should keep his legs fresh for stretches to throw it in to him in the low block. Obviously we can't go to him 30 times like in years past, but I think he should be able to get 18-20 points on 10-12 post ups with the way we create mismatches.

Parker-Duncan PnR and Duncan post up should be the bread and butter for the spurs this series. The Heat just doesn't have anyone to stop Tim in the post tbh. And that TP jumper from the pick will torch the Heat that they'll close out harder on TP thus giving him the opportunity to get past his defender and drive to the lane to make an easy lay-up or a dish outside for an open 3.

Thomas82
06-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Parker-Duncan PnR and Duncan post up should be the bread and butter for the spurs this series. The Heat just doesn't have anyone to stop Tim in the post tbh. And that TP jumper from the pick will torch the Heat that they'll close out harder on TP thus giving him the opportunity to get past his defender and drive to the lane to make an easy lay-up or a dish outside for an open 3.

+1 Just keep doing it until Miami stops it.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 02:14 AM
+1 Just keep doing it until Miami stops it.

Yep. And I have a good feeling they can't.

Slippy
06-08-2013, 02:28 AM
There's going to be atleast one game in the series where the spurs get hot hitting open threes at a better rate than game one.

Marco
06-08-2013, 03:58 AM
I just hope the Spurs will stay focused and hungry, and the extra day should help. They should know game two is now like a match point. Let's show we want it more!

Seefourdc
06-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Miami will get stronger as this series goes on. They just played a gladiator series against the most physical/best defensive team in the league atm. 3 days off not to mention how Miami always plays after a wakeup loss. The Spurs will have to win every other game to secure this series and they did the most important part on Thursday by winning game 1. The Heat coasted most of the game and led until the 4th when they were gassed and couldn't do their usual frenzy D. Lebron and Wade sat to begin 4th Q and it was the first non-garbage time Lebron sat in the 2nd half of any game this playoffs. Be real about what you saw. Spurs don't have anyone like the Pacers physical/size wise to keep the Heat warn down. It's gonna get worse. Spurs can play better offensively but this is the last time the Heat score under 95 points in this series.

MilesTeg
06-08-2013, 05:32 AM
The Spurs are playing very safe. And the Heat can't play us as aggressively as they used to, because our ball movement and shooting is leagues ahead of anything they've faced so far. They would get punished if they double teamed as hard.

So while it's very likely that they'll turn it over more than 4 times, I'm confident they can keep the turnover number low for the entire series.

With that being said, we all know they're capable of awful minutes. If we pull off the Memphis game 3 crap, we have no chance.

MilesTeg
06-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Miami will get stronger as this series goes on. They just played a gladiator series against the most physical/best defensive team in the league atm. 3 days off not to mention how Miami always plays after a wakeup loss. The Spurs will have to win every other game to secure this series and they did the most important part on Thursday by winning game 1. The Heat coasted most of the game and led until the 4th when they were gassed and couldn't do their usual frenzy D. Lebron and Wade sat to begin 4th Q and it was the first non-garbage time Lebron sat in the 2nd half of any game this playoffs. Be real about what you saw. Spurs don't have anyone like the Pacers physical/size wise to keep the Heat warn down. It's gonna get worse. Spurs can play better offensively but this is the last time the Heat score under 95 points in this series.

For sure... but both teams will get better. The Spurs looked very rusty. If both teams play at their best I don't think the Heat can match our level.

I believe we didn't actually beat them when Lebron and Wade were out, so I don't know how relevant that is.

And I wouldn't be so sure about the 95 points thing. Miami shot decently well, and the Spurs made some dumb mistakes on defense.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 05:37 AM

Read my post again. Understand it. If you still can't, just rinse and repeat.

TP-9
06-08-2013, 05:43 AM
For me, I think we'll score better, particularly Timmy if he gets as many good looks. What will be key is if we can keep the turnovers near impossibly low.

Seefourdc
06-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Read my post again. Understand it. If you still can't, just rinse and repeat.

You are being unrealistic. The Heat defense is going to get way better. Tim isn't 25 anymore and his athleticism is much less than it used to be. His lateral movement is really slow. He only challenged Bosh/Anderson a few times and the possessions came out a wash. The most tired players on that team are the Heats frontcourt which will be improving radically with the starters now that they have had 6 days of rest out of the Pacers series. I think this series will energy and effort play inversely between the Heat gaining and Spurs losing it due to their age. The best case scenario is the Spurs winning in 4-5. Barring that Heat in 6 or 7.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 05:56 AM
You are being unrealistic. The Heat defense is going to get way better.

These might be proven wrong by the Heat in game 2 because obviously we didn't take their best shot yet but at the same time the Spurs didn't throw there best haymaker either.

"We played an OK game.
-Manu Ginobili

"I don't think we're as good as you say. We looked at the film today, and I thought we had just as many dry possessions as we had good ones,"
-Pop

FFS learn to fucking read.

Uriel
06-08-2013, 07:38 AM

What "stats" are you referring to?

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
What "stats" are you referring to?
Sorry for not putting it up on the OP. Here it is.

Teams in the Spurs' position have a .188 winning percentage in Game 2. Hopefully we can buck the trend.

From mysanantonio.com:

http://i.imgur.com/Zgyz6zb.jpg

Big Empty
06-08-2013, 08:09 AM
man if we win game 2, we come back home for 3 strait games..beautifull

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I said before the series started that it would be huge if the Spurs stole game 1. Now that they have, I think that they should try to steal game 2. They are coming off a two day rest. Even though the stats don't favor us for game 2, I honestly think that the road games in which the Spurs have a higher chance of winning are games 1 and 2 because of the rest. I think the Spurs should approach game 2 like a MUST WIN depending on the circumstances. If it's one of those close nail biting games then they should definitely go for the kill. Having a 2-0 lead would get the Spurs 50 % closer to their goal and would set the Heat into panic mode. Considering the .18 stat probability and the fact that the Heat have yet to lose consecutive games throughout the playoffs just like the Spurs, the task will be a hard one but it would be nice if the Spurs defied the odds.

SenorSpur
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
The core veterans on this team would never allow the group to rest on their laurels - and of course Pop wouldn't allow it anyway.

40% FG shooting, a low assist total and losing the rebounding battle are areas that I'm sure will be of key focus for Game 2.

They know they can play better and the good news is they most probably will. Of course, they will be hard-pressed to keep the turnovers to such a ridiculous low.

Stealing Game 2 would put this Heat team into such a vice grip that they would likely implode from within.

SenorSpur
06-08-2013, 08:55 AM

All of this ^

As expected, Duncan and Splitter both are getting whatever they want in the post. So much so, that several times they received the entry pass near the rim are elected to up-fake. The only problem was there was nobody home. They both could've had about 2-3 easy dunks each, if they would've simply went up strong the first time. The point is as stated above, the Spurs should get their share of low post scoring if they simply are conscious enough to take advantage of the obvious mismatch.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 10:42 AM
The core veterans on this team would never allow the group to rest on their laurels - and of course Pop wouldn't allow it anyway.

40% FG shooting, a low assist total and losing the rebounding battle are areas that I'm sure will be of key focus for Game 2.

They know they can play better and the good news is they most probably will. Of course, they will be hard-pressed to keep the turnovers to such a ridiculous low.

Stealing Game 2 would put this Heat team into such a vice grip that they would likely implode from within.

Good points tbh. Forgot to add that in OP. Yep, Miami should never lead us in the assist total, though I'm not counting on our rebounding that much since it has been one of the weakest parts of the Spurs' game in this playoffs IMHO.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 10:52 AM
The Heat hit a lot of threes to keep them in the game, many of them due to defensive mistakes by the Spurs. The Spurs missed a lot of easy baskets and good opportunities from outside. The Spurs didn't rebound particularly well. I don't see any reason they can't walk in and take game 2 rather convincingly if they shore up their mistakes. The only real adjustment Miami can make is to tell Chris Bosh to get his Rupaul ass into the paint, and he's likely to pout as not when they do it.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:56 AM

2. The Spurs shot at 30.4% behind the arc, Whi was 0-4 and DG's 4/9 can be considered great yes it was but most,if not all, of those attempts were, yep wide open. I doubt they shoot that bad again in this series.

Just wanted to pick out these two things.

Why is it 18% exactly? I saw a stat that said when road teams take game 1 of the Finals, they are 3-3 in game 2 (since whenever). So that's actually 50%. . .and 50% chance of being up 2-0 is something I would take every single time. :)

Danny Green shooting 4/9 isn't great, that's right about what he averages. 4/9 is 44.4%. Green shot 42.9% during the season from three. So that's just 1.5% better. If he shot 3/9 that's 33%. So he pretty much just shot his average.

I could see Green banging 3-4 threes any night tbh. 43% 3pt shooter with a quick gather and release is deadly.

T Park
06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
The Heat hit a lot of threes to keep them in the game, many of them due to defensive mistakes by the Spurs. The Spurs missed a lot of easy baskets and good opportunities from outside. The Spurs didn't rebound particularly well. I don't see any reason they can't walk in and take game 2 rather convincingly if they shore up their mistakes. The only real adjustment Miami can make is to tell Chris Bosh to get his Rupaul ass into the paint, and he's likely to pout as not when they do it.

All of this.

SenorSpur
06-08-2013, 11:03 AM

:lmao

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Just wanted to pick out these two things.

Why is it 18% exactly? I saw a stat that said when road teams take game 1 of the Finals, they are 3-3 in game 2 (since whenever). So that's actually 50%. . .and 50% chance of being up 2-0 is something I would take every single time. :)

Danny Green shooting 4/9 isn't great, that's right about what he averages. 4/9 is 44.4%. Green shot 42.9% during the season from three. So that's just 1.5% better. If he shot 3/9 that's 33%. So he pretty much just shot his average.

I could see Green banging 3-4 threes any night tbh. 43% 3pt shooter with a quick gather and release is deadly.

look at the lower right. understand the table first it's confusing when you first look at it.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Agreed on everything except on one part, to be fair with the Heat they hit everything on the first half but went cold from the 3 on the 2nd half though.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Agreed on everything except on one part, to be fair with the Heat they hit everything on the first half but went cold from the 3 on the 2nd half though.

That's because you can't rely on threes to keep you in a game, especially if you don't feed the hot hand. The hot shooting in the first half was the only reason they were in the lead. Not the Spurs' fault that they kept going back to the well so often with people other than Ray Allen and Mike Miller.

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2013, 11:40 AM
This Spurs team's ability to make in game adjustments, level headed execution in road games, and ability to get stops on command are what will allow them to win tomorrow.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:43 AM
That's because you can't rely on threes to keep you in a game, especially if you don't feed the hot hand. The hot shooting in the first half was the only reason they were in the lead. Not the Spurs' fault that they kept going back to the well so often with people other than Ray Allen and Mike Miller.

I totally agree. Just pointed that out because the Heat were really ice cold from the 3 in the 2nd half, total opposite from their shooting in the 1st half.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I totally agree. Just pointed that out because the Heat were really ice cold from the 3 in the 2nd half, total opposite from their shooting in the 1st half.

Actually, they shot 50 percent in the third. They just went 0-5 in the fourth. First thing to go is the legs, and that means your jumper suffers.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Actually, they shot 50 percent in the third. They just went 0-5 in the fourth. First thing to go is the legs, and that means your jumper suffers.

How many did they take in the 3rd? Allen made a 3 pointer in the 4th too, they can't be 0-5.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2013, 12:00 PM
It's all to play for now that San Antonio has stolen home court.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
It's all to play for now that San Antonio has stolen home court.

Yep, basically a must win situation for the Heat IMHO.

EVAY
06-08-2013, 12:10 PM

I think he yanked Birdman when he saw how easily Duncan made him look really really bad.

EVAY
06-08-2013, 12:13 PM

This is really what happened in the fourth, imo. They got very tired and we weren't as tired as they were. After a three day rest they will be much better. They just didn't expect us to be able to execute down the stretch, and when we did, they were a little shocked. The next game I expect them to keep their defensive pressure up for a longer period of time (it is tiring work but they can sustain if for a while), and hopefully we won't be relying on Neal and Bonner for so long as to give them as big a lead that we have work down.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 12:15 PM
How many did they take in the 3rd? Allen made a 3 pointer in the 4th too, they can't be 0-5.

They went 2 of 5 in the third but I didn't count the half-court shot by Lebron to end the quarter.

Ray Allen got fouled on a three pointer which he missed, and it doesn't count as a shot attempt.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I think he yanked Birdman when he saw how easily Duncan made him look really really bad.

Which he did to all of their bigs, tbh. The Spurs likely looked at the game tape and saw how many times Duncan was shocked to be as open as he was. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Duncan go for 30 in game 2.

DarrinS
06-08-2013, 12:34 PM

He had scored two baskets right before he went out. With him on the bench, there was no big out there to clean up their bricks. Dude is pretty adept at getting those garbage putbacks.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Most likely the Heat come out overly aggressive to start Game 2. Expecting that they build a 10, perhaps a 15 point lead in the first half, and are ahead by 10 at the half. Spurs bide their time and keep the game from getting totally out of hand. Spurs start chipping away in the 3rd and then take over at the midpoint of the 4th.

While perhaps the Heat had some fatigue coming off the ECF and now have had a couple days to rest and make adjustments after Game 1, perhaps the Spurs were a little rusty in the first half of Game 1 and will do likewise. Consider the impacts of the Heat fatigue going away and the Spurs' rustiness going away a push.

The bottomline is that the Spurs are much better at executing on offense and defense than the Heat. They don't get rattled. Miami, imo, relies heavily on talent and turning up aggression in spurts on the defensive end.

Miami has not had to defend an offense as good as the Spurs in this postseason. Plus their frontcourt is overrated, not to mention that when you have a methhead in your bigman rotation you are in a bad way to start with.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Also maybe Kawhi drops a couple corner 3s and Miami misses a couple they hit in Game 1.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM
All of this ^

As expected, Duncan and Splitter both are getting whatever they want in the post. So much so, that several times they received the entry pass near the rim are elected to up-fake. The only problem was there was nobody home. They both could've had about 2-3 easy dunks each, if they would've simply went up strong the first time. The point is as stated above, the Spurs should get their share of low post scoring if they simply are conscious enough to take advantage of the obvious mismatch.
Duncan and Splitter clearly didn't expect to be that open. The adjustment for game 2 should be exactly what you said, go up strong.

tlongII
06-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Duncan is why you might win this. After all these years he's still a great big man. One of the best I've ever seen.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh shit. tlong got hacked.

KaiRMD1
06-08-2013, 03:44 PM
If the spurs can take care of the ball as well as they did in game 1 that could spell trouble for the heat

Blind Witness
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I have a feeling the Heat are going to double hard when it goes into the post.

skulls138
06-08-2013, 05:32 PM
The Spurs might turn it over some more but not that much. I think they are going to go inside more. I see Tim and Tiago getting more touches. The Heat look like they feast on perimeter ball. Time to post Timmy, feed Tiago and open up the rest of the floor for everyone else.

pikkiwoki
06-08-2013, 06:00 PM
In the history of the NBA Finals, only two teams ever have taken Games 1 and 2 on the road: the '93 Bulls and the '95 Rockets.

If the Spurs were to take Game 2, I would have no words. It would be historic.

Sorry, ain't happening. We'll just have to be satisfied with the split and go to work from there.

skulls138
06-08-2013, 06:36 PM
In the history of the NBA Finals, only two teams ever have taken Games 1 and 2 on the road: the '93 Bulls and the '95 Rockets.

If the Spurs were to take Game 2, I would have no words. It would be historic.

Sorry, ain't happening. We'll just have to be satisfied with the split and go to work from there.Why say sorry when the game hasn't even been played yet? Why not wait and see? I think its do-able myself.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-08-2013, 06:43 PM
There's got to be some way to take advantage of a team that is rushing and hurrying to try to score as many baskets as early as possible (which I'm sure the Heat will do.) Must be some method of using your opponent's strength against them, but I can't think of it.

jstep13
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM
All I'm hoping is for the game to be close in the 4th quarter because as we have seen,anything can happen. I have a feeling though the refs will do everything possible to ensure the Heat get this win

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I honestly think SA will win tomorrow. Both teams sucked on Thursday, but the Spurs sucked because of rust while Miami sucked because of fatigue. Given that, I think the Spurs have a much better chance at playing a lot better tomorrow than Miami does. Spurs will shoot a lot better, and they may even increase the defensive intensity. With Miami's fatigue, I can't see them shooting any better than they did on Thursday. Spurs missed a lot of layups and wide open shots on Thursday.

I know a lot of people are expecting LeBron to score a lot more, because apparently him scoring few points on Thursday was a sign of him deferring. In all actuality, the reason he didn't score much was because of who was guarding him, and that was Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi will also be guarding LeBron in game 2 and he know has a game of experience to help him improve his defense for game 2. I'm predicting the Spurs to win tomorrow night!

GO SPURS GO!!!

$pursDynasty
06-08-2013, 07:43 PM
The Spurs have to withstand the initial emotional blitz of a desperate and talented team. We will have to withstand the initial 6 minutes just like we did in that first game in Memphis and those games at Golden State. If we can withstand the initial barrage, the pressure on the Heat will skyrocket the weak will collapse, and the Spurs will get closer to hoisting the :lobt2:

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
look at the lower right. understand the table first it's confusing when you first look at it.

What table? Lower right? Not sure what you're referring to. I didn't see a table or links to anything in your OP.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 08:33 PM
What table? Lower right? Not sure what you're referring to. I didn't see a table or links to anything in your OP.

Teams in the Spurs' position have a .188 winning percentage in Game 2. Hopefully we can buck the trend.

From mysanantonio.com:

http://i.imgur.com/Zgyz6zb.jpg

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-08-2013, 08:35 PM
I suspect the main reason that the road victor in Game 1 is only 8-8 in the Finals is simply because it was a lesser team than the one that had homecourt advantage. Prime example that comes to mind is the 2001 Sixers-Lakers, the Sixers won Game one but then lost the next four to the Lakers.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I suspect the main reason that the road victor in Game 1 is only 8-8 in the Finals is simply because it was a lesser team than the one that had homecourt advantage. Prime example that comes to mind is the 2001 Sixers-Lakers, the Sixers won Game one but then lost the next four to the Lakers.

1991 Bulls lost Game 1 to LA and won the next 4.

milkyway21
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
optimistic, hmmn

Venti Quattro
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry, ain't happening. We'll just have to be satisfied with the split and go to work from there.

Spurs need to go for a 2-0 lead at all costs. They won Game 1, why not try winning Game 2 too, right? To put things in perspective, only three home teams have swept the middle three games since the Finals switched to a 2-3-2 format in 1985.

2004 Pistons
2006 Heat
2012 Heat

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Spurs need to go for a 2-0 lead at all costs. They won Game 1, why not try winning Game 2 too, right? To put things in perspective, only three home teams have swept the middle three games since the Finals switched to a 2-3-2 format in 1985.

2004 Pistons
2006 Heat
2012 Heat

Agreed. The "trend" is so overrated IMHO. And the Spurs is a team that CAN definitely change that, but let's see if they WILL.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:35 PM

Thanks. They did flash a stat about recent history where of the last 6 times it happened, it was 3-3 though. I didn't see exactly what the stat was (the time period and stuff), but it was 3-3 for game 2. Maybe that included home teams too though over last 6 years.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks. They did flash a stat about recent history where of the last 6 times it happened, it was 3-3 though. I didn't see exactly what the stat was (the time period and stuff), but it was 3-3 for game 2. Maybe that included home teams too though over last 6 years.

The 18% was the winning percentage in game 2 road teams have in the finals after winning game 1.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM

The 18% was the winning percentage in game 2 road teams have in the finals after winning game 1.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:44 PM

I know.

BatManu20
06-08-2013, 10:48 PM

2004 Pistons
2006 Heat
2012 Heat

Agreed. Spurs really should go all out this game cause they're not winning 3 straight against Miami.. and if they won 2 in SA, that would essentially set up a must win Game 6 for us cause we're not winning a Game 7 in Miami.

chrhawk
06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
The Spurs are going to have to win two games in Miami to win the title. I see no reason why they don't come out with the same sense of urgency as the Heat tomorrow night.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Agreed. Spurs really should go all out this game cause they're not winning 3 straight against Miami.. and if they won 2 in SA, that would essentially set up a must win Game 6 for us cause we're not winning a Game 7 in Miami.

Says the guy who said the warriors are just the better team.

Shut the fuck up with the shoulda-wouldn't-couldn't you fucking dumb idiot.

HI-FI
06-08-2013, 11:28 PM

interesting stat. i just said on another thread that we have a 10% chance of winning game 2, a number I pulled out of my ass but based on gut feelings. Looks like I wasn't too far off. I imagine the heat will not only make adjustments but they'll call things a bit tighter on us, it will be interesting to see how we respond, I'm sure Pop knows it's coming.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
interesting stat. i just said on another thread that we have a 10% chance of winning game 2, a number I pulled out of my ass but based on gut feelings. Looks like I wasn't too far off. I imagine the heat will not only make adjustments but they'll call things a bit tighter on us, it will be interesting to see how we respond, I'm sure Pop knows it's coming.

Everyone knows it's coming. It's up to them if they'll weather the storm and bring on their own sense of urgency.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 11:48 PM

2004 Pistons
2006 Heat
2012 Heat

Exactly. Spurs want to stay in San Antonio, they probably need to win game 2.

moisaenz
06-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Obviously in a finals a team should go out to win every game.I do not doubt the spurs are going to come out tomorrow for another win.

gasolina
06-09-2013, 01:50 AM
6.) The Spurs' game 1 performance was "subpar" but still were able to get the win. Now that the rust is off, expect the Spurs to be firing on all cylinders for game 2 -- better ball movement,better spacing and more importantly, better shooting percentages particularly from beyond the arc. The Spurs were "rusty" defensively in the first half of game 1. But the second half was a different story. Expect the Spurs to continue to play excellent D from hereon out.

Here in L.A., rooting for the Spurs is easy. Coz we'd rather see Duncan win his fifth than Lebron wearing his second!

kaji157
06-09-2013, 02:14 AM
We didnīt play great at all but we did great things.

We didnīt turn the ball over.

We defended exceptionally well.

Nbadan
06-09-2013, 02:26 AM
3 strait games

Fuck George Strait....Where are u George?

Nbadan
06-09-2013, 02:31 AM
You guys who sit around and post your theories on why the Spurs will or won't win game two crack me up...pretty simple really.. if the Spurs offense hits more shots than the Miami offense the Spurs win..nuf said...

100%duncan
06-09-2013, 02:37 AM
You guys who sit around and post your theories on why the Spurs will or won't win game two crack me up...pretty simple really.. if the Spurs offense hits more shots than the Miami offense the Spurs win..nuf said...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTig0Jc1YgUAZfpV-nttVxnn8HiI8rZSXhKXRA5yt3ONaKOqWXC