PDA

View Full Version : Fire Rove...

Clandestino
07-14-2005, 07:36 AM
I think Bush should just fire him(officially) so that Demos can stop crying so much... Then maybe they will actually try to be part of this government and stop acting like Al-Qaeda and being happy when shit goes wrong in Iraq..

JoeChalupa
07-14-2005, 07:44 AM
I think Bush should just fire him(officially) so that Demos can stop crying so much... Then maybe they will actually try to be part of this government and stop acting like Al-Qaeda and being happy when shit goes wrong in Iraq..

You mean like when the republicans were crying over a blow job?
And happy when shit went wrong for Clinton?
And saying that democrats are happy when shit goes wrong in Iraq is a bunch of bullshit. When when you stop thinking that only republicans love our Country?

Get over that crap!!!!!

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 10:23 AM
You mean like when the republicans were crying over a blow job?
Actually, we were screaming about Clinton, a sitting President of the United States of America sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution, denying the constitutional right of due process to an American citizen by committing perjury, suborning perjury, and obstructing justice. I can't help that you're caught up on his sexual perversions.

And happy when shit went wrong for Clinton?
Example please.

And saying that democrats are happy when shit goes wrong in Iraq is a bunch of bullshit. When when you stop thinking that only republicans love our Country?
I think there are liberals that would like to see us fail in Iraq because of how it would tarnish the President. It's that simple. I wouldn't describe it a happiness.

How else do you explain the paradoxical statements from leading Liberals in Congress to the effect that "We must win in Iraq" while out of the other side of their mouths they cry "He's doing it all wrong, bring our boys home."

They need to pick a position and stick with it. If we "must" win, STFU about perceived past mistakes, "lies," and errant justification and just get behind the effort, rah, rah, rah the United States of America on to victory.

If we need to get out of Iraq, make that your message but, offer alternatives and explain how you would have handled the situation differently...they do neither.

Get over that crap!!!!!

The Left, with a complicit media, went after President Bush on his National Guard Service and lost the battle. Why? Because the argument had been waged, fought, and lost during four previous elections. There was never anything to it. Period. It was an attempt to sway the Presidential election by smearing his character.

The Left, with a complicit media, went after President Bush on his 19 words in the SOTUA and lost the battle. Why? Because the 19 words were true and the Left and media were hoping the circumstances would be too esoteric and complicated for the general public to be able to sort it out before the election. However, except for a few (Nbadan, et. al.), they were wrong.

The Left, with a complicit media, went after President Bush on his WMD justification and lost the battle. Why? Same reason as above in addition to it never having been the ONLY justification for invading Iraq and dethroning Saddam Hussein.

The Left, with a complicit media, went after Tom Delay as a reprisal for crafting a winning strategy in the re-districting of Texas and lost the battle. Why? Because he did nothing illegal...they just don't like him.

The Left, with a complicit media, went after Tom Delay on his travel SNAFUs and lost the battle. Why? Because, oops! It turns out there are more Democrats than Republicans -- Nancy Pelosi among them -- that suffered from the same forgetfulness at DeLay.

The Left, with a complicit media, went after Karl Rove on some perceived violation of the law and are losing the battle. Why? Because it will be discovered that not only did Rove never mention Plames name, none of the criteria of the relevant law was violated.

I think it is the LEFT that needs to "get over it," and let this President do his job.

The difference with Clinton is that he was guilty of something and needed to be impeached -- which he was. If only the Senate had had the gonads to toss his ass out on the street.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm sure lying about a blow job was a real matter of national security. Oh the horrah!!!!

The Rights spews as much crap as the left does and you are proof of it.

Example!?!?! Hell, the repubs were foaming at the mouth when they heard of the infamous Oval office oral activity.
Come on TRO, surely you can't believe your own words. Keep it real man.

And what about our current president denying the constitutional right of due process to an American citizen by using the patriot act? Huh? WTF is up with that!?!?

I'm sure there ARE SOME liberals who feel that way but don't lump me in with them. I'm sure you are not a right-wing whacko, and there are plenty, so I don't like to use labels which is what SOME conservatives love to do.

Listen, I support our troops but doesn't that mean I or any American should just "STFU" and blindly follow Bush. That is not the American way.
One can support the war but still have issues with how it is being handled.
It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Actually, we were screaming about Clinton, a sitting President of the United States of America sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution, denying the constitutional right of due process to an American citizen by committing perjury, suborning perjury, and obstructing justice. I can't help that you're caught up on his sexual perversions.

you're a lying peice of crap

it was all bc youre a neocon and would do anything to see a demo out of the oval office

if that had been bush you'd find a bunch of news articles and long winded posts to defend him (see above)

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I think there are liberals that would like to see us fail in Iraq because of how it would tarnish the President. It's that simple. I wouldn't describe it a happiness.

"see the problem is, liberals are just inferior people. they aren't as smart, and they always have ulterior motives. us conservatives on the other hand are truely looking out for the best interests of the country. its that simple. democrats want to tarnish the president cuz hes a republican. we never wanted to tarnish clinton."

TRO if you think anyone but the destino's believe that exerpt of your post you're a loon

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM

so you really think he DOESNT deserve to be fired? can you for one second stop being a chickenhawk and pretend rove was a democrat supporting a democratic president and did the things he did. would you feel exactly the same way?

liar

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
so you really think he DOESNT deserve to be fired? can you for one second stop being a chickenhawk and pretend rove was a democrat supporting a democratic president and did the things he did. would you feel exactly the same way?
Can you stop being partisan for a second, as well, and explain to me exactly what he did that deserves being fired?

According to him, his lawyer, and Cooper's e-mail, he was simply correcting the notion that Wilson was sent to Niger by Cheney. He had knowledge that it was Wilson's wife (whom he didn't name) at the CIA that had sent him and not Cheney.

Add to that that the whole conversation with Cooper was initiated by Cooper on another topic and that he raised the Wilson story in the middle of the conversation.

Also, who is Miller's source? And, if Rove signed a waiver over a year ago why is she in jail and why is Cooper just now claiming to have been released by his informant to speak?

All indicators point to a media contrived Rove bashing...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Can you stop being partisan for a second, as well, and explain to me exactly what he did that deserves being fired?

According to him, his lawyer, and Cooper's e-mail, he was simply correcting the notion that Wilson was sent to Niger by Cheney. He had knowledge that it was Wilson's wife (whom he didn't name) at the CIA that had sent him and not Cheney.

Add to that that the whole conversation with Cooper was initiated by Cooper on another topic and that he raised the Wilson story in the middle of the conversation.

Also, who is Miller's source? And, if Rove signed a waiver over a year ago why is she in jail and why is Cooper just now claiming to have been released by his informant to speak?

All indicators point to a media contrived Rove bashing...

[/QUOTE]

well the process is still going on right now. plenty of republicans were dying to make entire news stories out of clintons fiasco long before he committed perjury.

This whole rove story is way too complicated but basically I think he is lying and did leak the names. Eventually he will tell the truth and admit this.

If he DOES admit this, will you still think he's done nothing wrong and shouldn't be fired?

MannyIsGod
07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Can you stop being partisan for a second

:lmao x 23408723827

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
well the process is still going on right now. plenty of republicans were dying to make entire news stories out of clintons fiasco long before he committed perjury.

This whole rove story is way too complicated but basically I think he is lying and did leak the names. Eventually he will tell the truth and admit this.

If he DOES admit this, will you still think he's done nothing wrong and shouldn't be fired?
Wouldn't Cooper have said he leaked Plame's name?

So, you'd fire him just based on your gut feeling...always a good call.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Whose the liar?

1.) Wilson Insisted That The Vice President’s Office Sent Him To Niger:

Wilson Said He Traveled To Niger At CIA Request To Help Provide Response To Vice President’s Office. “In February 2002, I was informed by officials at the Central Intelligence Agency that Vice President Dick Cheney’s office had questions about a particular intelligence report. … The agency officials asked if I would travel to Niger to check out the story so they could provide a response to the vice president’s office.” (Joseph C. Wilson, Op-Ed, “What I Didn’t Find In Africa,” The New York Times, 7/6/03)

Joe Wilson: “[W]hat They Did, What The Office Of The Vice President Did, And, In Fact, I Believe Now From Mr. Libby’s Statement, It Was Probably The Vice President Himself ...” (CNN’s “Late Edition,” 8/3/03)
Vice President Cheney: “I Don’t Know Joe Wilson. I’ve Never Met Joe Wilson. … And Joe Wilson - I Don’t [Know] Who Sent Joe Wilson. He Never Submitted A Report That I Ever Saw When He Came Back.” (NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 9/14/03)

CIA Director George Tenet: “In An Effort To Inquire About Certain Reports Involving Niger, CIA’s Counter-Proliferation Experts, On Their Own Initiative, Asked An Individual With Ties To The Region To Make A Visit To See What He Could Learn.” (Central Intelligence Agency, “Statement By George J. Tenet, Director Of Central Intelligence,” Press Release, 7/11/03)

2.) Wilson Claimed The Vice President And Other Senior White House Officials Were Briefed On His Niger Report:

“[Wilson] Believed That [His Report] Would Have Been Distributed To The White House And That The Vice President Received A Direct Response To His Question About The Possible Uranium Deal.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)

The Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Reported That The Vice President Was Not Briefed On Wilson’s Report. “Conclusion 14. The Central Intelligence Agency should have told the Vice President and other senior policymakers that it had sent someone to Niger to look into the alleged Iraq-Niger uranium deal and it should have briefed the Vice President on the former ambassador’s findings.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)

CIA Director George Tenet: “Because This Report, In Our View, Did Not Resolve Whether Iraq Was Or Was Not Seeking Uranium From Abroad, It Was Given A Normal And Wide Distribution, But We Did Not Brief It To The President, Vice-President Or Other Senior Administration Officials.” (Central Intelligence Agency, “Statement By George J. Tenet, Director Of Central Intelligence,” Press Release, 7/11/03)

3.) Wilson Has Claimed His Niger Report Was Conclusive And Significant

Wilson Claims His Trip Proved There Was Nothing To The Uranium “Allegations.” “I knew that [Dr. Rice] had fundamentally misstated the facts. In fact, she had lied about it. I had gone out and I had undertaken this study. I had come back and said that this was not feasible. … This government knew that there was nothing to these allegations.” (NBC’s, “Meet The Press,” 5/2/04)

Officials Said Evidence In Wilson’s Niger Report Was “Thin” And His “Homework Was Shoddy.” (Michael Duffy, “Leaking With A Vengeance,” Time, 10/13/03)

Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Unanimous Report: “Conclusion 13. The Report On The Former Ambassador’s Trip To Niger, Disseminated In March 2002, Did Not Change Any Analysts’ Assessments Of The Iraq-Niger Uranium Deal.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)
“For Most Analysts, The Information In The Report Lent More Credibility To The Original Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Report On The Uranium Deal, But State Department Bureau Of Intelligence And Research (INR) Analysts Believed That The Report Supported Their Assessments That Niger Was Unlikely To Be Willing Or Able To Sell Uranium.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)
CIA Said Wilson’s Findings Did Not Resolve The Issue. “Because [Wilson’s] report, in our view, did not resolve whether Iraq was or was not seeking uranium from abroad, it was given a normal and wide distribution, but we did not brief it to the president, vice president or other senior administration officials. We also had to consider that the former Nigerien officials knew that what they were saying would reach the U.S. government and that this might have influenced what they said.” (Central Intelligence Agency, “Statement By George J. Tenet, Director Of Central Intelligence,” Press Release 7/11/03)

The Butler Report Claimed That The President’s State Of the Union Statement On Uranium From Africa, “Was Well-Founded.” “We conclude that, on the basis of the intelligence assessments at the time, covering both Niger and the Democratic Republic of Congo, the statements on Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa in the Government’s dossier, and by the Prime Minister in the House of Commons, were well-founded. By extension, we conclude also that the statement in President Bush’s State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that: ‘The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.’ was well-founded.” (The Rt. Hon. The Lord Butler Of Brockwell, “Review Of Intelligence, On Weapons Of Mass Destruction,” 7/14/04)

4.) Wilson Denied His Wife Suggested He Travel To Niger In 2002:

Wilson Claimed His Wife Did Not Suggest He Travel To Niger To Investigate Reports Of Uranium Deal; Instead, Wilson Claims It Came Out Of Meeting With CIA. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer: “Among other things, you had always said, always maintained, still maintain your wife, Valerie Plame, a CIA officer, had nothing to do with the decision to send to you Niger to inspect reports that uranium might be sold from Niger to Iraq. … Did Valerie Plame, your wife, come up with the idea to send you to Niger?” Joe Wilson: “No. My wife served as a conduit, as I put in my book. When her supervisors asked her to contact me for the purposes of coming into the CIA to discuss all the issues surrounding this allegation of Niger selling uranium to Iraq.” (CNN’s “Late Edition,” 7/18/04)

But Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Received Not Only Testimony But Actual Documentation Indicating Wilson’s Wife Proposed Him For Trip. “Some CPD, [CIA Counterproliferation Division] officials could not recall how the office decided to contact the former ambassador, however, interviews and documents provided to the Committee indicate that his wife, a CPD employee, suggested his name for the trip. The CPD reports officer told Committee staff that the former ambassador’s wife ‘offered up his name’ and a memorandum to the Deputy Chief of the CPD on February 12, 2002, from the former ambassador’s wife says, ‘my husband has good relations with both the PM [prime minister] and the former Minister of Mines (not to mention lots of French contacts), both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity.’” (Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq,” U.S. Senate, 7/7/04)
5.) Wilson Has Claimed His 1999 Trip To Niger Was Not Suggested By His Wife:

Wilson Claims CIA Thought To Ask Him To Make Trip Because He Had Previously Made Trip For Them In 1999, Not Because Of His Wife’s Suggestion. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer: “Who first raised your name, then, based on what you know? Who came up with the idea to send you there?” Joe Wilson: “The CIA knew my name from a trip, and it’s in the report, that I had taken in 1999 related to uranium activities but not related to Iraq. I had served for 23 years in government including as Bill Clinton’s Senior Director for African Affairs at the National Security Council. I had done a lot of work with the Niger government during a period punctuated by a military coup and a subsequent assassination of a president. So I knew all the people there.” (CNN’s “Late Edition,” 7/18/04)

In Fact, His Wife Suggested Him For 1999 Trip, As Well. “The former ambassador had traveled previously to Niger on the CIA’s behalf … The former ambassador was selected for the 1999 trip after his wife mentioned to her supervisors that her husband was planning a business trip to Niger in the near future and might be willing to use his contacts in the region …” (Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq,” U.S. Senate, 7/7/04)

6.) Wilson Claimed He Was A Victim Of A Partisan Smear Campaign

Joe Wilson: “Well, I Don’t Know. Obviously, There’s Been This Orchestrated Campaign, This Smear Campaign. I Happen To Think That It’s Because The RNC, The Republican National Committee’s Been Involved In This In A Big Way …” CNN’s Wolf Blitzer: “But They Weren’t Involved In The Senate Intelligence Committee Report.” Wilson: “No, They Weren’t.” (CNN’s “Late Edition,” 7/18/04)

Senate Intelligence Committee Unanimously Concluded That Wilson’s Report “Lent More Credibility” For Most Analysts “To The Original Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Reports.” “Conclusion 13. The report on the former ambassador’s trip to Niger, disseminated in March 2002, did not change any analysts’ assessments of the Iraq-Niger uranium deal. For most analysts, the information in the report lent more credibility to the original Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) reports on the uranium deal, but the State Department Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) analysts believed that the report supported their assessment that Niger was unlikely to be willing or able to sell uranium to Iraq.” (Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq,” U.S. Senate, 7/7/04)

Members Of The Senate Select Committee On Intelligence That Wrote The Unanimous “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq”:

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)

Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI)

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL)

Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN)

Sen. John Edwards (D-NC)

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS)

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)

Sen. Mike DeWine (R-OH)

Sen. Christopher Bond (R-MO)

Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)

Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE)

Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)

Sen. John Warner (R-VA)

(Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq,” U.S. Senate, 7/7/04)

7.) A Month Before The Bob Novak And Matthew Cooper Articles Ever Came Out, Wilson Told The Washington Post That Previous Intelligence Reports About Niger Were Based On Forged Documents:

In June Of 2003, Wilson Told The Washington Post “The Niger Intelligence Was Based On Documents That Had Clearly Been Forged Because ‘The Dates Were Wrong And The Names Were Wrong.’” (Susan Schmidt, “Plame’s Input Is Cited On Niger Mission,” The Washington Post, 7/10/04)

However, “The [Senate Select Committee On Intelligence] Report … Said Wilson Provided Misleading Information To The Washington Post Last June [12th, 2003].” (Susan Schmidt, “Plame’s Input Is Cited On Niger Mission,” The Washington Post, 7/10/04)

Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Unanimous Report: “The Former Ambassador Said That He May Have ‘Misspoken’ To The Reporter When He Said He Concluded The Documents Were ‘Forged.’” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)
8.) Wilson Claimed His Book Would Enrich Debate:

NBC’s Katie Couric: “What Do You Hope The Whole Point Of This Book Will Be? Joe Wilson: “Well, I - I Hope, One, It Will Tell - It Tries To Tell An Interesting Story. Two, I Hope That It Enriches The Debate In A Year In Which We Are All Called Upon As Americans To Elect Our Leaders. And Three, … That [It] Says That This Is A Great Democracy That Is Worthy Of Our Taking Our Responsibilities As Stewards Seriously.” (NBC’s “Today Show,” 5/3/04)

Wilson Admits In His Book That He Had Been Involved In “A Little Literary Flair” When Talking To Reporters. “[Wilson] wrote in his book, he told Committee staff that his assertion may have involved ‘a little literary flair.’” (Matthew Continetti, “‘A Little Literary Flair’” The Weekly Standard, 7/26/04)

Wilson’s Book The Politics Of Truth: Inside The Lies That Put The White House On Trial And Betrayed My Wife’s CIA Identity Has Been Panned In Numerous Reviews For Its Inaccuracies:

“On Page One Of Chapter One, He Quotes NBC Talk Show Host Chris Matthews, Who Told Him That, After Mr. Wilson Chose To Go Public: ‘Wilson’s Wife Is Fair Game.’ Later, He Bases His List Of Suspect Leakers On Conversations With Members Of The News Media And A ‘Source Close To The House Judiciary Committee.’” (Eli Lake, Op-Ed, “Don’t Quit Your Day Job, Mr. Wilson,” New York Post, 5/4/04)

“For Example, When Asked How He ‘Knew’ That The Intelligence Community Had Rejected The Possibility Of A Niger-Iraq Uranium Deal, As He Wrote In His Book, He Told [Senate Intelligence] Committee Staff That His Assertion May Have Involved ‘A Little Literary Flair.’” (Matthew Continetti, “‘A Little Literary Flair,’” The Weekly Standard, 7/26/04)

The Boston Globe: “In Essence, Much Of Wilson’s Book Is An Attempt To Portray The Bush Administration As A Ministry Of Fear Whose Mission In Pursuing War In Iraq Required It To Proclaim A Lie As Truth.” (Michael D. Langan, Op-Ed, “‘Truth’ Makes Much Of Bush Controversy,” The Boston Globe, 5/4/04)

Newsweek’s Evan Thomas Wrote In The Washington Post: “[W]ilson’s Claims And Conclusions Are Either Long Hashed Over Or Based On What The Intelligence Business Describes As ‘Rumint,’ Or Rumor Intelligence.” (Evan Thomas, Op-Ed, “Indecent Exposure,” The Washington Post, 5/16/04)
9.) Wilson Claimed The CIA Provided Him With Information Related To The Iraq-Niger Uranium Transaction:

“The Former Ambassador Noted That His CIA Contacts Told Him There Were Documents Pertaining To The Alleged Iraq-Niger Uranium Transaction And That The Source Of The Information Was The [Redacted] Intelligence Service.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)

However, “The DO [Director Of Operations At The CIA] Reports Officer Told Committee Staff That He Did Not Provide The Former Ambassador With Any Information About The Source Or Details …” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)
10.) Wilson Claimed He Is A Non-Partisan “Centrist”:
Recently, Joe Wilson Refused To Admit He Is A Registered Democrat. NBC’s Jamie Gangel: “You are a Democrat?” Joe Wilson: “I exercise my rights as a citizen of this country to participate in the selection of my leaders and I am proud to do so. I did so in the election in 2000 by contributing not just to Al Gore's campaign, but also to the Bush-Cheney campaign.” (NBC’s “Today Show,” 7/14/05)

“[Wilson] Insist[s] He Remained A Centrist At Heart.” (Scott Shane, “Private Spy And Public Spouse Live At Center Of Leak Case,” The New York Times, 7/5/05)

Joe Wilson Is A Registered Democrat. (District Of Columbia Voter Registrations, Accessed 7/14/05)

Joseph Wilson Has Donated Over $8,000 To Democrats Including $2,000 To John Kerry For President In 2003, $1,000 To Hillary Clinton’s (D-NY) HILLPAC In 2002 And $3,000 To Al Gore In 1999. (The Center For Responsive Politics Website, www.opensecrets.org, Accessed 7/12/05)

Wilson Endorsed John Kerry For President In October 2003 And Advised The Kerry Campaign. (David Tirrell-Wysocki, “Former Ambassador Wilson Endorses Kerry In Presidential Race,” The Associated Press, 10/23/03)

“[Wilson] Admits ‘It Will Be A Cold Day In Hell Before I Vote For A Republican, Even For Dog Catcher.’” (Scott Shane, “Private Spy And Public Spouse Live At Center Of Leak Case,” The New York Times, 7/5/05)

Bandit2981
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Yet somehow your "gut feeling" that Iraq's stockpiles of WMDs are still lying around(even when all evidence points to the contrary) is more authentic? :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM

sorry we dont all know exactly 100% of all truths ressurected one, sorry we cant all personally inspect guatanomo bay and say with 100% certainty that nothing immoral is going on there, sorry we aren't so 100% sure of all of our beliefs like you are that we cant put a "i dont heart rove" sticker in our signatures

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Yet somehow your "gut feeling" that Iraq's stockpiles of WMDs are still lying around(even when all evidence points to the contrary) is more authentic? :lol

^RACK

see how easy it is to say something compelling without constantly setting the bar for longest post of the year

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
sorry we dont all know exactly 100% of all truths ressurected one, sorry we cant all personally inspect guatanomo bay and say with 100% certainty that nothing immoral is going on there, sorry we aren't so 100% sure of all of our beliefs like you are that we cant put a "i dont heart rove" sticker in our signatures

Not only do you not have all the truths...you don't have any of the truths.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM

yeah only ressurected ones and chickenhawk loving bush worshippers are entitled to the truths, so when they believe something they know without a doubt they are right because they're genetically, morally, and just flat out superior people than people who are or lean towards liberalism

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
He should not be fired, he broke no law. Firing him would undermine the process of alluding to things, and choosing your words carefully. Politicians will have to go back to flat out lying, putting us back 3 years.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM

You Can't Handle The Truth!!!!

Spam
07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't see anybody shuttin' up.

Bandit2981
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't see anybody shuttin' up.
Aside from Bush and McClellan? :smokin

clubalien
07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
i don't know how a guy that revles undercover cia agents then add in a time of war, then add bush said he would not tolerate anyone in adminstarion

isn't getting punished

how can you fight a war on terrorism when you are leaking all your operatives and classified data

clubalien
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
plus rove lied under oath the same crime clinton did

scott
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
At least now we know who in this forum is on the RNC mailing list.

Vashner
07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
How about all liberals suck Rove's dick?

jochhejaam
07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
you're a lying peice of crap

it was all bc youre a neocon and would do anything to see a demo out of the oval office

)

You've been drugged by falacies propagated by the Liberal Dems, the God-hating, truth-hating faction of their Party who run rampant and control the will of the majority of their Party and constituents. They not only get your vote they have your soul. You're living in self-imposed exile in a very small box and the sad thing is you don't even know it. You're suffocating from the brainwashing of those you have been told to align yourself with, to those who have told you they are looking out for your best interests.

You're intimidated and afraid to leave the box because you have been told that getting out of the box is bad. You don't seek the truth because it would take you from the comfort security of the box they have placed you in. You can no longer think for yourself, you hear and believe what they tell you. Your just another puppet and they are your Master. You're a slave to their every whim and blindly and obediently follow them like a lamb to the slaughter.

You may take comfort in the fact that you are not alone, you and multiplied millions are essentially mental clones of what they want you to be, an unwitting dupe. You will vehemently attack this suggestion spewing forth venom and profanities at this notion because that is what they have told you to do. Regardless of how emphatically you resist and condemn this truth it remains just that, truth!

The good news is if you want to (and you do) you can leave the box. You can take your soul back from those who subtlely and relentlessly foist lies for the truth. Maybe you're not strong enough to leave it on your own, if not there are those that can help you and you know who they are. There is fresh air (freedom) outside of the box. Dig deep within yourself and take a step or two, let the deprogramming begin, you'll start to feel good about yourself. You will no longer feel the need to violently verbally attack others views just because you were told to do so.

William Wallace - "FREEEEEEEDOOOM"

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 06:39 PM
plus rove lied under oath the same crime clinton did
Okay, this is the second time I've seen this allegation in here...and, I've seen it no where else.

Which DNC talking point did this come from.

Please provide the context, circumstances, and a transcript of the "lie under oath," that Rove committed.

jochhejaam
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Okay, this is the second time I've seen this allegation in here...and, I've seen it no where else.

Which DNC talking point did this come from.

Please provide the context, circumstances, and a transcript of the "lie under oath," that Rove committed.

There are no facts, it's on some idiots website and other idiots have predictably presented the hearsay lies as facts! It's become the "leftwing" way.

http://bbs.fuckedcompany.com/index.cgi?okay=get_topic&topic_id=1888748

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Just as I thought.

Produce the verbatim testimony or STFU.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
IN a grand hearing infornt of congress on who did what he said he didn't have anyting to do with it

now prrof shows he did

thus contrdaction

lieing

prujury

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Unless I'm missing something, Joe Wilson has disproved his own accusation that someone in the Bush administration violated the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, USA Today reports:

The alleged crime at the heart of a controversy that has consumed official Washington--the "outing" of a CIA officer--may not have been a crime at all under federal law, little-noticed details in a book by the agent's husband suggest.

In The Politics of Truth, former ambassador Joseph Wilson writes that he and his future wife both returned from overseas assignments in June 1997. Neither spouse, a reading of the book indicates, was again stationed overseas. They appear to have remained in Washington, D.C., where they married and became parents of twins.

This meant that Plame would have been stationed in the U.S. for six years before Bob Novak published his column citing her two years ago today. As USA Today notes:

The column's date is important because the law against unmasking the identities of U.S. spies says a "covert agent" must have been on an overseas assignment "within the last five years." The assignment also must be long-term, not a short trip or temporary post, two experts on the law say.

All the Democrats who are braying for Karl Rove's head can't be very confident that he's committed a crime. If they were, they would wait for an indictment, which would be a genuine embarrassment to the administration.

But, alas, that won't happen. Foiled again, Dumbocrats!

clubalien
07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
souce charile rose on KLRN at night

BTW i am a libertarian, and wanted mccain to win back when he was trying to win nomination

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 07:15 PM
souce charile rose on KLRN at night

BTW i am a libertarian, and wanted mccain to win back when he was trying to win nomination
The media isn't a source. How 'bout a court document or video testimony or someone who took the testimony telling us what was said...

I like Charlie Rose but, I doubt he has any more insight than you or I...particularly if he didn't show you a document or cite a source.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 07:16 PM
IN a grand hearing infornt of congress on who did what he said he didn't have anyting to do with it

now prrof shows he did

thus contrdaction

lieing

prujury
First of all, you're very hard to read. How about citing the specific Congressional testimony in which you believe Karl Rove committed a lie.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't have the document, i can only refernce that there was a reporter that said karl rove was coming back and there were probaly changes in his story. I cannot saw what was in his testimony because it probaly was CLOSED, and thus only "leaks" which i don't have sources can confirm that

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 08:22 PM
jochhejaam name 1 thing the liberals have done recently that has been detremintal to the country

the country

dont give me something YOU dont agree with or your PARTY doesnt agree with

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't have the document, i can only refernce that there was a reporter that said karl rove was coming back and there were probaly changes in his story. I cannot saw what was in his testimony because it probaly was CLOSED, and thus only "leaks" which i don't have sources can confirm that
Yeah, reporters never make shit up, do they?

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
jochhejaam name 1 thing the liberals have done recently that has been detremintal to the country

the country

Obstruct Judicial Appointments. Completely turn the Congress on it's ear by trying to negotiate/extort an equal say as a minority party. Turn the judicial branch into the third law-making body of our government.

There, how'd I do?

scott
07-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Obstruct Judicial Appointments. Completely turn the Congress on it's ear by trying to negotiate/extort an equal say as a minority party. Turn the judicial branch into the third law-making body of our government.

There, how'd I do?

Because Republicans have never filibustered... ever.

And liberals turned the judicial branch into the third law-making body... by, I guess... forcing Republican presidents to appoint judges who don't uphold the GOP version of reality thus qualifying as "liberal activist judges"?

If you have a beef with the supreme court, blame the Republican party, since they are the ones who essentially appointed it.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Because Republicans have never filibustered... ever.

And liberals turned the judicial branch into the third law-making body... by, I guess... forcing Republican presidents to appoint judges who don't uphold the GOP version of reality thus qualifying as "liberal activist judges"?

If you have a beef with the supreme court, blame the Republican party, since they are the ones who essentially appointed it.
You're right.

I hope this President ignores the left and appoints strict constructionist justices.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-14-2005, 09:33 PM
CNN and ABC start things off (http://mediamatters.org/static/video/cnnabc-rove-200507120005.wmv) by having 2 personal friends of Robert Novak as "expert legal analysts" to discuss the outing. 1 used to work for the Reagan administration and another for Sen. Barry Goldwater

FOX "News" claiming that Bush never actually said anyone would be fired. (http://mediamatters.org/static/video/specreport-200507120004.wmv) Yet clearly, at a June 10, 2004 Press Conference (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.state.gov/e/eb/rls/rm/33463.htm) he was asked the following:

Q: Given recent developments in the CIA leak case, particularly Vice President [Dick] Cheney's discussions with the investigators, do you still stand by what you said several months ago, a suggestion that it might be difficult to identify anybody who leaked the agent's name?

BUSH: That's up to --

Q: And, and, do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so?

BUSH: Yes. And that's up to the U.S. attorney to find the facts.

And then of course Scotty saying this at a September 29, 2003 Press Conference. (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/20030929-7.html)

McCLELLAN: The president has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it [the leaking of Plame's identity], they would no longer be in this administration.

Q: You continue to talk about the severity of this and if anyone has any information they should go forward to the Justice Department. But can you tell us, since it's so severe, would someone or a group of persons, lose their job in the White House?

McCLELLAN: At a minimum.

Q: At a minimum?

I'm sure this will get better as the shit gets piled on. There are 2 options about Simple Scotty now -he either knows he's lying and doesn't care or he doesn't know he's lying which would mean he's either dilussional or incompetent.

What a group this is. :lol

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
CNN and ABC start things off (http://mediamatters.org/static/video/cnnabc-rove-200507120005.wmv) by having 2 personal friends of Robert Novak as "expert legal analysts" to discuss the outing. 1 used to work for the Reagan administration and another for Sen. Barry Goldwater

FOX "News" claiming that Bush never actually said anyone would be fired. (http://mediamatters.org/static/video/specreport-200507120004.wmv) Yet clearly, at a June 10, 2004 Press Conference (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.state.gov/e/eb/rls/rm/33463.htm) he was asked the following:

Q: Given recent developments in the CIA leak case, particularly Vice President [Dick] Cheney's discussions with the investigators, do you still stand by what you said several months ago, a suggestion that it might be difficult to identify anybody who leaked the agent's name?

BUSH: That's up to --

Q: And, and, do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so?

BUSH: Yes. And that's up to the U.S. attorney to find the facts.

And then of course Scotty saying this at a September 29, 2003 Press Conference. (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/20030929-7.html)

McCLELLAN: The president has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it [the leaking of Plame's identity], they would no longer be in this administration.

Q: You continue to talk about the severity of this and if anyone has any information they should go forward to the Justice Department. But can you tell us, since it's so severe, would someone or a group of persons, lose their job in the White House?

Q: At a minimum?

I'm sure this will get better as the shit gets piled on. There are 2 options about Simple Scotty now -he either knows he's lying and doesn't care or he doesn't know he's lying which would mean he's either dilussional or incompetent.

What a group this is. :lol

Or, no one in the administration revealed the identity of a covert CIA operative and, therefore, this is all moot.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 09:53 PM

There, how'd I do?

use your infinite resource of news links and give me a link to where a liberal has used EXTORTION to try to get an "equal say"

i asked for proof and you gave none

at least you kept this post non-long-winded

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Threatening to filibuster anyone but who they approve of is extortion. Senator Charles Schumer has already said they're "going to war" over the President's nomination...and he doesn't even know who it is.

I think the Conservatives need to change the freakin' rule and be done with it. Nothing else they do will satisfy the Liberals. So, why bother.

I mean, dang, the Conservatives let Clinton appoint Ginsburg. If that doesn't prove their willingness to work across the aisle, I don't what would.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 10:20 PM
as long as you keep loving gitmo im sure your party will reign supreme one day and your messiah will be a dictator

jochhejaam
07-14-2005, 10:33 PM

the country

Following is part of the Liberal agenda:

1. Supporting the legalization of homosexual marriage. Deemphasizing the importance of heterosexual marriage.

If our Nation were founded on this principle we would not have a Nation.
Do I need to point out what the break-down in a traditional family does to children and society in general? I work in a Government funded Housing Authority and I see it on a daily basis. The vast majority of tenants are single females with multiple children and no support except the monthly government check. Would you like to know the dropout rate of children raised in Public Housing and the dropout rate of children raised by single parents as opposed to those raised in a traditional family setting?

2. Removing dicipline, morality (righteous commandments) from our Public Schools. Removing Prayer from our Public Schools. Removing Creationism from our Public Schools.

And we shake our heads at the overflowing jails and prisons in our country. We shudder at the horrific crimes reported in the news mediums on a daily basis.
So we remove the teaching of morality from a couple of generations and then we fret about the fruit of immorality and why immorality abounds? We cannot have it both ways!

3. Abortion, society throwing away it's young without batting an eye, equivocating the value of human life with the leftover trash from a fast food restaurant.

It sickens me to think about this most blatant act of selfishness and Godlessness. If you need an essay on the value of human life you are probably too far gone to be convinced of its sanctity. (my sister had an abortion when she was 16 and in spite of knowing that her family loves her unconditionally and that God has forgiven her, she is haunted by it to this day)

Others who have researched these topics have broken it down, read on:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Crime/BG1026.cfm

Clandestino
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
if rove is found out (without a doubt) to be the source, then he 100% should be fired. no ifs, ands or buts about it... maybe, just maybe the demos would be patriots again.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Has anyone explored the possibility that Karl Rove is not the target of Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation or that the crime in issue does not include violation of the IIPA?

scott
07-14-2005, 11:09 PM
1. Supporting the legalization of homosexual marriage. Deemphasizing the importance of heterosexual marriage.

Do I need to point out what the break-down in a traditional family does to children and society in general? I work in a Government funded Housing Authority and I see it on a daily basis. The vast majority of tenants are single females with multiple children and no support except the monthly government check. Would you like to know the dropout rate of children raised in Public Housing and the dropout rate of children raised by single parents as opposed to those raised in a traditional family setting?

What do the poor family values instilled by your heterosexual single parents living on welfare have to with homosexuals, who are statistically far less likely (to a very high degree) to live below the poverty line? Average income per capita for homosexuals is above per capita income for heterosexuals, by a fairly significant margin.

2. Removing dicipline, morality (righteous commandments) from our Public Schools. Removing Prayer from our Public Schools. Removing Creationism from our Public Schools.

And we shake our heads at the overflowing jails and prisons in our country. We shudder at the horrific crimes reported in the news mediums on a daily basis.
So we remove the teaching of morality from a couple of generations and then we fret about the fruit of immorality and why immorality abounds? We cannot have it both ways!

On more than one occassion in this forum I have provided my own research showing that people who consider themselves ardent religious followers are over 280 times more likely to be incarcerated than someone who considers themselves atheist, agnostics, or non-religious.

If force feeding the lessons of your faith in public school is the only means of keeping your followers out of prison, maybe you should spend some time examining the teachings and methods of your faith through existing avenues, not the school system.

3. Abortion, society throwing away it's young without batting an eye, equivocating the value of human life with the leftover trash from a fast food restaurant.

It sickens me to think about this most blatant act of selfishness and Godlessness. If you need an essay on the value of human life you are probably too far gone to be convinced of its sanctity. (my sister had an abortion when she was 16 and in spite of knowing that her family loves her unconditionally and that God has forgiven her, she is haunted by it to this day)

Abortion is a serious issue that people need to deal with every day. Your sister being haunted by these actions is not evidence that abortion should be illegal, it's just affirmation that abortion is not something to be taken lightly. I will be the first to say that it is taken too lightly in this country, but there are times when it is a sad but necessary option.

This is actually a pretty good link - it provides analysis of real empirical data. None of the empirical data or analysis, however supports your opposition to homosexuals or the non-religious.

jochhejaam
07-14-2005, 11:38 PM
What do the poor family values instilled by your heterosexual single parents living on welfare have to with homosexuals, who are statistically far less likely (to a very high degree) to live below the poverty line? Average income per capita for homosexuals is above per capita income for heterosexuals, by a fairly significant margin.

On more than one occassion in this forum I have provided my own research showing that people who consider themselves ardent religious followers are over 280 times more likely to be incarcerated than someone who considers themselves atheist, agnostics, or non-religious.

If force feeding the lessons of your faith in public school is the only means of keeping your followers out of prison, maybe you should spend some time examining the teachings and methods of your faith through existing avenues, not the school system.

Abortion is a serious issue that people need to deal with every day. Your sister being haunted by these actions is not evidence that abortion should be illegal, it's just affirmation that abortion is not something to be taken lightly. I will be the first to say that it is taken too lightly in this country, but there are times when it is a sad but necessary option.

This is actually a pretty good link - it provides analysis of real empirical data. None of the empirical data or analysis, however supports your opposition to homosexuals or the non-religious.

Hey Scott,

The points were offered to Cant Be Faded in response to his quest for things the Leftwingers have done (support) that have damaged our Country.

I'll have to argue the semantics of my brief comments on each point at a later date as some were taken out of context, not at all unusual in this mode of conversing. (12:32 here, too late to focus if I don't have too. :lol )

Thanks,
Christian Marlowe

scott
07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
The points were offered to Cant Be Faded in response to his quest for things the Leftwingers have done (support) that have damaged our Country.

I understand what your points were in response to, but I debate their validity, and you seemed to support them with non-sequitous analysis.

I look forward to a future discussion.

jochhejaam
07-14-2005, 11:46 PM
they should be busy trying bush on crimes against humanity

They who?

If you're gonna google for your posts at least have the decency to copy and paste enough to make the thought semi-intelligible.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Following is part of the Liberal agenda:

and now i know youre a lower teir conservative in terms of INTELLIGENCE because all three of your reasons were exactly what i did NOT ask for

Nbadan
07-15-2005, 01:43 AM
All the Democrats who are braying for Karl Rove's head can't be very confident that he's committed a crime. If they were, they would wait for an indictment, which would be a genuine embarrassment to the administration.

But, alas, that won't happen. Foiled again, Dumbocrats!

Eh, you've been FOXED again into thinking that just because Fitzgerald may not be able to piece the leak investigation together without the testimony of Judith Miller, that Fitzgerald can't prove that Rove broke a crime. Rove testified that he first heard of the Plame leak from Robert Novak (http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050715/D8BBJU8G0.html) and it was Novak who told him that he was getting ready to write that 'Plame was a CIA operative...". This is not the first time Mr. Rove has been linked to a leak reported by Mr. Novak. In 1992, Mr. Rove was fired from the Texas campaign to re-elect the first President Bush because of suspicions that he had leaked information to Mr. Novak about shortfalls in the Texas organization's fund-raising. (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/15/politics/15rove.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5094&en=15d2c0ff1133350b&hp&ex=1121400000&partner=homepage)

Michael Cooper was prepared to go to jail for the information he had regarding Rove's role in the investigation, but then Rove's big-mouthed lawyer showed up on TV and made it well-known that Rove had released Miller and Cooper from confidentiality agreements. Cooper saw his chance, and Newsweek immediately released his notes which were very damaging to Rove's story.

Cooper began. "Spoke to Rove on double super secret background for about two mins before he went on vacation ..." Cooper proceeded to spell out some guidance on a story that was beginning to roil Washington. He finished, "please don't source this to rove or even WH [White House]" and suggested another reporter check with the CIA.

Super-duper secret background? Are you kidding me? Either Cooper and Rove were talking about Plame or the WH turned to Animal House...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/265/2352/320/dean%20wormer.jpg

Double Dutch Super Secret SUSPENSION

:hat

Nbadan
07-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Josh Marshall of The Hill (http://thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/Comment/JoshMarshall/071405.html) helps to put the rest of the pieces together.

Strip away all the stress and fury on both sides of the aisle this week and you’ll find one key question at the heart of both the legal and political storm surrounding the president’s top political adviser.

That is, did Karl Rove and other top administration officials, for whatever reason, knowingly reveal the identity of a covert CIA agent or were they unaware of her covert status? As prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald would no doubt tell us if he were at liberty to speak, divining, let alone proving, knowledge and intent in such a case is a very tricky business. But there’s a good bit of circumstantial evidence pointing to the conclusion that Rove and others knew exactly what they were doing.

Allow me to explain.

The best evidence for the “they knew” version of events has always been the column that started it all — Robert Novak’s July 14 column in which he named Valerie Plame as “an agency operative on weapons of mass destruction.”

In intelligence jargon, “operative” has a very specific meaning. It means a covert or clandestine officer. Novak’s been a journalist for 50 years. So clearly he used that term because he knew Plame was covert. And if he knew, the logical assumption is that he knew because his sources — “two senior administration officials” — told him.

How can Novak write that he sourced reports of Plame's Identy from 'two senior administration officials' and senior administration officials say they heard about Plame's identity from the media, namely Robert Novak?

Nbadan
07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
So Rove talked to, and may have indirectly revealed Plame's super-duper secret identity to Robert Novak, Matthew Cooper and most likely Judith Miller just days before Novak wrote his article revealing Wilson's wifes ID, but that's not exactly what Rove told the FBI in 2003

(Rove said) he had only circulated information about Plame after it had appeared in Novak's column. He also told the FBI, the same sources said, that circulating the information was a legitimate means to counter what he claimed was politically motivated criticism of the Bush administration by Plame's husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson.

Daily Kos (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/7/4/16449/99939)

jochhejaam
07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
and now i know youre a lower teir conservative in terms of INTELLIGENCE because all three of your reasons were exactly what i did NOT ask for

That would be "tier". :lol

As stated in an earlier post to you, they decide what you listen to. What you don't want is the truth.

JoeChalupa
07-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Rove is the master of plausible deniability.

This morning I heard, on FoxNews of course, that it was Robert Novak who told Rove about Plame's link to the CIA.

He is clear.

Clandestino
07-15-2005, 08:13 AM
this is what pisses me off the most... ANYONE and EVERYONE who leaks information should be arrested..

Rove Learned CIA Agent's Name From Novak

By JOHN SOLOMON, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 1 minute ago

WASHINGTON - Chief presidential adviser Karl Rove testified to a grand jury that he talked with two journalists before they divulged the identity of an undercover
CIA officer but that he originally learned about the operative from the news media and not government sources, according to a person briefed on the testimony.

The person, who works in the legal profession and spoke only on condition of anonymity because of grand jury secrecy, told The Associated Press that Rove testified last year that he remembers specifically being told by columnist Robert Novak that Valerie Plame, the wife of a harsh
Iraq war critic, worked for the CIA.

Rove testified that Novak originally called him the Tuesday before Plame's identity was revealed in July 2003 to discuss another story.

The conversation eventually turned to Plame's husband, Joseph Wilson, a former ambassador who was strongly criticizing the Bush administration's use of faulty intelligence to justify the war in Iraq, the person said.

Rove testified that Novak told him he planned to report in a weekend column that Plame had worked for the CIA, and the circumstances on how her husband traveled to Africa to check bogus claims that Iraq was trying to buy nuclear materials in Niger, according to the source.

Novak's column, citing two Bush administration officials, appeared six days later, touching off a political firestorm and leading to a federal criminal investigation into who leaked Plame's undercover identity. That probe has ensnared presidential aides and reporters in a two-year legal battle.

Rove told the grand jury that by the time Novak had called him, he believes he had similar information about Wilson's wife from another member of the news media but he could not recall which reporter had told him about it first, the person said.

When Novak inquired about Wilson's wife working for the CIA, Rove indicated he had heard something like that, according to the source's recounting of the grand jury testimony.

Rove told the grand jury that three days later, he had a phone conversation with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and — in an effort to discredit some of Wilson's allegations — informally told Cooper that he believed Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, though he never used her name, the source said.

An e-mail Cooper recently provided the grand jury shows Cooper reported to his magazine bosses that Rove had described Wilson's wife in a confidential conversation as someone who "apparently works" at the CIA.

Robert Luskin, Rove's attorney, said Thursday his client truthfully testified to the grand jury and expected to be exonerated.

"Karl provided all pertinent information to prosecutors a long time ago," Luskin said. "And prosecutors confirmed when he testified most recently in October 2004 that he is not a target of the investigation."

In an interview on CNN earlier Thursday before the latest revelation, Wilson kept up his criticism of the White House, saying Rove's conduct was an "outrageous abuse of power ... certainly worthy of frog-marching out of the White House."

But at the same time, Wilson acknowledged his wife was no longer in an undercover job at the time Novak's column first identified her. "My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity," he said.

Federal law prohibits government officials from divulging the identity of an undercover intelligence officer. But in order to bring charges, prosecutors must prove the official knew the officer was covert and nonetheless knowingly outed his or her identity.

Rove's conversations with Novak and Cooper took place just days after Wilson suggested in a New York Times opinion piece that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat.

Democrats continued this week to sharpen their attacks, accusing Rove of compromising a CIA operative's identity just to discredit the political criticism of her husband.

On Thursday, Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada pressed for legislation to strip Rove of his clearance for classified information, which he said
President Bush should have done already. Instead, Reid said, the Bush administration has attacked its critics: "This is what is known as a cover-up. This is an abuse of power."

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., said Democrats were resorting to "partisan war chants."

Across the Capitol, Rep. Rush Holt (news, bio, voting record), D-N.J., introduced legislation for an investigation that would compel senior administration officials to turn over records relating to the Plame disclosure.

Pressed to explain its statements of two years ago that Rove wasn't involved in the leak, the White House refused to do so this week.

"If I were to get into discussing this, I would be getting into discussing an investigation that continues and could be prejudging the outcome of the investigation," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
For some reason, it would bring a bigger smile to my face to see Robert "Douchebag" Novak go to jail than Rove...but that's just me.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-15-2005, 12:19 PM
For some reason, it would bring a bigger smile to my face to see Robert "Douchebag" Novak go to jail than Rove...but that's just me.

The phrase "Kill two birds with one stone" comes to mind. :lol