PDA

View Full Version : Do the spurs have a secret sign language?

elmanutres
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM
sorry if this was posted before but i noticed at one point the camera was focused on timmy when a heat player was making a freethrow and he was talking to someone far away while making alot of hand gestures. I mean alot of hand gestures. I also remember a game long ago pop did the same thing, he was saying something to someone far away and used alot of weird hand gestures not usual in normal human speaking. Do they have such a communication system?

carina_gino20
06-07-2013, 11:53 PM
They always use hand signals especially when Pop is calling for a play.

polandprzem
06-08-2013, 12:10 AM
sorry if this was posted before but i noticed at one point the camera was focused on timmy when a heat player was making a freethrow and he was talking to someone far away while making alot of hand gestures. I mean alot of hand gestures. I also remember a game long ago pop did the same thing, he was saying something to someone far away and used alot of weird hand gestures not usual in normal human speaking. Do they have such a communication system?

Are you new to a basketball?

mexpurs21
06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't think that that's an uncommon occurrence, most teams in most sports have some sort of way of communicating and preventing the other team from stealing their play.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
I wonder if OP has never seen a baseball game before and thinks this stuff is new to sports. No offense.

It started with baseball (all the crazy signals), but I see it both in football (audible garbage with a pattern) and in basketball sometimes too like with the Spurs.

Btw, let's not try to figure out what the signals mean and help the Heat's scouts out for them.

jhuan16
06-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't think that that's an uncommon occurrence, most teams in most sports have some sort of way of communicating and preventing the other team from stealing their play.
Also it's really hard to yell over 20,000 people in the arena.

mexpurs21
06-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Anyone remember the Oregon way of calling plays?
http://www.nwsportsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Oregon-Play-Calling-Placards-1.jpg

elmanutres
06-08-2013, 12:45 AM
no i see alot of basketball, but its just that usually when players from another team communicate from a distance they yell, they don't do too many hand gestures, when some of the spurs players do it sometimes it looks like they are speaking sign language, they have very distinct hand signals. was just curious why theirs looks much more specific.

mexpurs21
06-08-2013, 12:51 AM
no i see alot of basketball, but its just that usually when players from another team communicate from a distance they yell, they don't do too many hand gestures, when some of the spurs players do it sometimes it looks like they are speaking sign language, they have very distinct hand signals. was just curious why theirs looks much more specific.

Don't tell me you've never seen a point guard raise his fist or any random number to call a play.

chapnis
06-08-2013, 12:59 AM

Spurs are smarterer than other teams.

PÒÓCH
06-08-2013, 02:44 AM
All sports use hand signs to communicate plays or actions, NBA, NFL, Soccer etc...

The Reckoning
06-08-2013, 03:48 AM
calling for a stolen base tbh

Legacy
06-08-2013, 05:21 AM
:wow :lmao

That is all.