PDA

View Full Version : Which Heat players are you most afraid of this series?

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 12:37 AM
I made a thread like this before the Grizzlies series (most of us picked Randolph pretty high and were wrong, but picked Prince as the guy we weren't afraid of and were all right).

Now that game 1 against the Heat is done, how afraid are you of each Heat player's ability to effect the series in a positive way?

LeBron: 9.5/10 - He's the best player in the NBA, and he did totally destroy the Spurs once a couple years ago (remember that 20-0 run or whatever it was?). He's probably going to work harder on O' Sunday, but I don't expect another 18 rebound game tbh.

Bosh: 7/10 - He sucked in game 1, but his potential to impact the game is, imo, greater than current Wade's.

Wade: 6.5/10 - I'm not knocking him by ranking him below Bosh, but he really has declined. He's capable of a big game still, but I don't think he's capable of being the D. Wade of the past every game anymore.

Birdman: 4.5/10 - He's a pretty good role player and seems to really work hard on the offensive glass which can end up being pretty harmful for our defense. For a role player, I think he is probably their best one.

Haslem: 3.5/10 - Did anyone really even notice him last night? I noticed he hit that jumper, but then I looked at the box score and that's basically all he did. I don't think he's going to be anything like what Ibaka was last year. Not too worried.

Battier: ?/10 - I think I need to see more before I can really determine. Right now I'm in the 3.5-4.5 area for his hustle and reputation. But he didn't seem to be super impactful in game 1.

Allen: 3/10 - His D is meh and his shot's off. I still worry about him getting hot from three, but he mostly just seems to be waiting around to shoot it. Not too worried.

Chalmers: 3.5/10 - I worry about him hitting wide open threes, and he does have some speed to him, but I'd rather he drive and try to make plays than be shooting wide open threes

Cole's anti-Parker lockdown defense: lol/10

How about you guys? Who worries you the most? LeBron's the big one for me, but I weirdly am not super concerned about being totally killed by Bosh or Wade. I don't think they can do that, but they can play well. Their big 3 seems more like a big 1 and 2 kinda bigs.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Allen hit a few THREES and FT's last night, he scares me still, especially if he is open. Wade still obviously after Bron scares me the most, some games he can still be explosive like in game 7! If that Wade shows up we are in trouble. I know he is hurt though right now, but he can still have a game or two.

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2013, 12:47 AM
their role players. All of them can turn in Ibaka and Perkins...

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-08-2013, 01:05 AM
David Stern. ;)

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Ray Allen. Every time he attempts a 3-pointer against the Spurs, I cringe.

I'm also worried that LeBron James will simply begin driving to the basket 20 or more times a game. That will very likely put a lot of Spurs defenders in foul trouble, plus, he could simply make lots of dunks and layups and get 35+ points a game.

TE
06-08-2013, 01:29 AM
I picked Haslem in a similar thread made before game 1. I look wrong now and I hope to stay that way. Battier usually kills us but Spo has done a marvelous job at decreasing his playing time, fucking up that scrub confidence role players pick up. I'm still worried tho. I have a weird feeling Battier is going to burn us one of these games. Chalmers looked okay but I gotta believe his confidence going into game 2 is a little shot. After he attempted a desperation three to beat the shot clock that hit the side of the backboard, Dwade chewed him out. Ray Allen was Ray Allen. Birdman will hurt us from time to time in putbacks and such but he was relatively woeful on help defense and 1-on-1 defense. Cole looked like a little bitch out there after his 1-man fastbreak layup. I think the perimeter players who guard Parker and Ginobili become exhausted throughout the game for dealing with screen after screen...if Miami is going to want to negate that, their pick and roll defense and subsequent help defense for the roller is going to have to be pinpoint stout. If it isn't and TP continues to play this way, the Spurs will do almost whatever they want on offense.

TE
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I expect the Heat to hit a lot of shots in game 2. Lebron will drive to the rim and force the issue rendering frequent help defense that will free up those snipers. It kinda sucks expecting it tbh

The Reckoning
06-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Allen going Fisher mode

jhuan16
06-08-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm more afraid that our role player start to brick more of those open jumper like in game one. If that's the case it's going to be a long series.