PDA

View Full Version : Last of Us.

Cry Havoc
06-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Surprised there's no thread for this game already.

One week to launch, this game already has received 30 perfect scores from review publications.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us/critic-reviews

8ZYkj0glnqs

Reck
06-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Looking forward to this game along with Beyond Two Souls. :tu

IronMexican
06-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Looks lame. I can pass on all these movie games. Maybe I'll pick it up in the bargain bin eventually.

Reck
06-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Looks lame. I can pass on all these movie games. Maybe I'll pick it up in the bargain bin eventually.

Huh? The Last of Us is not based on any movies. Whatever you're talking about..

IronMexican
06-08-2013, 01:59 AM
It looks lame tbh. Cut scene based action and other trash like Uncharted. If you're into those things, that's cool.

I'd prefer a game like Dark Souls.

Reck
06-08-2013, 02:29 AM
It looks lame tbh. Cut scene based action and other trash like Uncharted. If you're into those things, that's cool.

:lmao Uncharted is trash? Umm ok.

Cry Havoc
06-08-2013, 10:01 AM

You haven't played it yet. o_o

A game getting ratings THIS high (much higher than Uncharted) deserves a look regardless of what genre you prefer.

MannyIsGod
06-09-2013, 12:15 AM
You haven't played it yet. o_o

A game getting ratings THIS high (much higher than Uncharted) deserves a look regardless of what genre you prefer.

Its probably a lot like uncharted so if he doesn't like uncharted type games then he's probably not going to like this.

eyeh8u
06-09-2013, 12:28 AM
I wish they made another.uncharted instead. This zombie/ world ended/ chaos fad is really off putting. Everything has to be so dark and gritty. Games that are just fun are few.and far between

eyeh8u
06-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Only thing like uncharted will be production value , Voice acting quality , and shooting people. But a much better system

Cry Havoc
06-09-2013, 02:30 AM
I wish they made another.uncharted instead. This zombie/ world ended/ chaos fad is really off putting. Everything has to be so dark and gritty. Games that are just fun are few.and far between

I just started playing Saints Row The Third. It's ridiculously awesome.

DJR210
06-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Metro Last Light on PC is pretty damn good also.

MannyIsGod
06-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Only thing like uncharted will be production value , Voice acting quality , and shooting people. But a much better system

I'm willing to bet gameplay is VERY similar to UC.

eyeh8u
06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm willing to bet gameplay is VERY similar to UC.

if you are going to use the term "very" in the way that all third person shooter/adventure games are where you run around and shoot things, yes, but that is applicable to 90% of the genre, with that reasoning crash bandicoot is "very similar" to tomb raider, expect without the gunplay. If you look past the surface it does not play the same.

ecksrobecks
06-09-2013, 09:53 PM
day 1 buy for me. looks great.

Death In June
06-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Doesn't sound like UC to me. Sounds more like a survival horror game - rationing and avoiding situations that could get you killed. I'm up for it.

Death In June
06-14-2013, 05:53 PM
So far, so good. My girlfriend is not much into the plot of games and I saw her choked up over the intro. The play style reminds me of a mix of Uncharted, Resident Evil and Metal Gear.

NASpurs
06-14-2013, 09:41 PM
:hungry: Going to get it in a few hours. :hungry:

Reck
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
This game is the shit. LOL IronMexican hating on it.

lefty
06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Another zombie game ? :lol

ElNono
06-14-2013, 11:30 PM

Durant82
06-15-2013, 01:28 AM
This game is the shit. LOL IronMexican hating on it.

HipsterCholo was born to hate on a game this universally acclaimed.

IronMaxipad
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM

TRUTH BOMBS

tbh.

Reck
06-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Just picked this up. Will install now and play after the game.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Played an hour or so and I'm liking it.

Reck
06-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Started it. Real good game.

Controls are abit clunky though. It feels as if you're hauling 500 pound gorilla around though.

MannyIsGod
06-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Thats intentional.

MannyIsGod
06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
I just got to the "winter" section and holy crap this game is amazing. The story is the best part. The gameplay isn't that great, IMO, but the story really carries this game.

Reck
06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
I played a little of the faction aka multiplayer and wasn't too impressed with it.

I really dont like being stuck with a bunch of idiots in a team that keep yelling at you because you got killed or didn't aid them when they were getting hammered.

They have two games, Survival and another I cant remember at the moment. Both are team based.

I would have like a deathmatch where is free for all. I dont like depending on idiots on the internet yelling like kids.

Anywayhow, I'm still in the summer parts of the game. This game amazes me.

The back and forth chit chat with the little girl and the dude are hilarious at times. At one point he said I dont give a shit why you need to go where you need to go, little girl just said fine then. lol

NASpurs
06-18-2013, 06:27 PM
That burning restaurant scene in the Winter section... holy crap :lol

This game tells a better zombie story than the Walking Dead. :lol

Reck
06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
That burning restaurant scene in the Winter section... holy crap :lol

This game tells a better zombie story than the Walking Dead. :lol

The telltale game or tv show?

I dont know, maybe I need to get further into the game but the Walking Dead had me in tears by the end. :cry

NASpurs
06-18-2013, 07:31 PM
The telltale game or tv show?

I dont know, maybe I need to get further into the game but the Walking Dead had me in tears by the end. :cry

My bad, I meant the TV show. (I really need to play that Telltale game.)

All of the locations in this game have been crazy. They're just as important as the story and the characters of this game. I strongly feel that way about each specific location. Saying all that, I'm almost done with it. I looked up to see how far away I am from the end and I can see the light at the end... much like the Spurs. :lol

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Just beat the game. :lol @ people not wanting to play this game because it's a "movie" game. You're missing out. I'm glad I don't have prejudices like those.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I finished it too. But I don't understand why you think people who don't enjoy these type of games are missing out by not playing something they don't enjoy. Its a good game, but it might not have much replayability. We'll see. Not really interested in its multiplayer at all.

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 06:43 PM
I have no problems with people not liking a type of game. I know everyone is not the same but to limit yourself and say point blank that you're not going to play a game that's been widely praised for being great is what I have a problem with. And sure, games are an expensive investment but you can always Redbox it for $2 and see what you think of it.

Like I absolutely hate point and click adventure games but I'm totally going to try that Walking Dead Telltale game out since I've heard great things about it. I really hate missing out on the possiblity of great things only because I have some prejudice towards it before trying it out. If I lived that way, I would have never tried out sushi and find out that I absolutely love the stuff. :lol

Reck
06-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Like I absolutely hate point and click adventure games but I'm totally going to try that Walking Dead Telltale game out since I've heard great things about it.

Man I didn't even know it was a point and click game till I bought it. A friend of mine who is like a guru on everything PS3 told me I should get it and I trust him so I just bought the whole season pass. I was kind of like wtf is this at first but I got the hand of it pretty fast. Felt so narural after you've played it for a few hours that the point and clicking just feels right for this game.

I honestly wouldn't play any other point and click games. This one is just one of a kind.

Oh and if you're going to get it try and play it soon because some DLCs are coming. 5 mini episodes of awesomeness.

The decisions you had made in the first one will carry over to the next 5 stories so cant wait.

Its supposed to come out sometime in July and season 2 this autumm.

NASpurs
06-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Man I didn't even know it was a point and click game till I bought it. A friend of mine who is like a guru on everything PS3 told me I should get it and I trust him so I just bought the whole season pass. I was kind of like wtf is this at first but I got the hand of it pretty fast. Felt so narural after you've played it for a few hours that the point and clicking just feels right for this game.

I honestly wouldn't play any other point and click games. This one is just one of a kind.

Oh and if you're going to get it try and play it soon because some DLCs are coming. 5 mini episodes of awesomeness.

The decisions you had made in the first one will carry over to the next 5 stories so cant wait.

Its supposed to come out sometime in July and season 2 this autumm.

Cool shit. I've never played an episodic series before so this will be a new experience. I'll get to it after the Finals. :tu

redzero
06-25-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know why IM is getting hung up on the game's cinematic style. I like Uncharted and I like Dark Souls. Both types of games are good.

I will probably play this after Dishonored.

Chomag
06-25-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm at winter and I'm loving it.

Xevious
07-01-2013, 11:03 PM
I wish I could play this game, but I don't have a PS3. :(

J.T.
07-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Just finished it today. Don't agree with the mass amount of perfect scores this game received...it had a good story but the gameplay wasn't anything special. One thing I did like was killing niggas with the bow, I got pretty good at sticking an arrow between a dude's eyes by the time the game was over. Zero replayability for me though, will probably trade it in tomorrow.

If you haven't played it yet, I'd advise against blowing $60 on this. Redbox it or play a friend's copy.

LarryDavid
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I think it's a great game. The combat is a little repetitive, and the controls are a little weird, but I think it was designed that way. Selecting weapons and changing weapons didn't feel natural at first. I did like how the crafting was done in real time. But the story...so good. It's less of a zombie game and more of a story of Joel and Elllie. But it's the little things that make this game great. Like how Joel will glance and grab his watch when Ellie says something or he's reminded of the past. It was better written than many of the movies that have come out recently.

Look forward to playing it again.

Proxy
07-08-2013, 09:33 PM
No need to bring up Dark/Demon Souls for the sake of being pompous. The Last of Us lived up to the hype.