TheGreatYacht
06-08-2013, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwygZBGUEBk

DarrinS
06-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Rodman is a moron

ironman2886
06-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Loved Rodman as a player, but he makes Artest seem like he knows what he's talking about.

SA210
06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
LeBitch is overrated and over-hyped, period.

polandprzem
06-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I was not listening to this but every player from the 90s says their era was tough and the best etc.

Rolleyes to it!

TrueSpursFan
06-08-2013, 10:11 AM
I was not listening to this but every player from the 90s says their era was tough and the best etc.

Rolleyes to it!

He brings up great points, in today's game, you can't even breathe on a guy without fouling him, the game back them was very physical and Lebron would not be putting up the numbers he does now.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Rodman really might be one of the dumbest NBA players of all time. Bottom 10-15% easily.

I don't agree either. LeBron would be putting up good numbers in that era too. Look at the stacked ass numbers dudes were putting up. High PPG wasn't exactly rare in the 90s

SA210
06-08-2013, 10:24 AM
He brings up great points, in today's game, you can't even breathe on a guy without fouling him, the game back them was very physical and Lebron would not be putting up the numbers he does now.

Anonymous Cowherd
06-08-2013, 10:29 AM
In general, in almost any sport, the top elite players from now would beast in any situation two decades or more earlier. LeBron would have dominated the 90s even more than he dominates now, due to the persistent progress in sports science and athleticism.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
No way would he be average. That's just stupid. There was a lot more size with talent back then; he definitely wouldn't post up as much as he does.

polandprzem
06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
With the illegal defense. That would have been an iso fest for James

Keepin' it real
06-08-2013, 10:59 AM
LeBron has Magic Johnson type size and Karl Malone type muscle, but only above average talent. I'll say this. LeBron is no Magic Johnson. At least, not yet.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
In general, in almost any sport, the top elite players from now would beast in any situation two decades or more earlier. LeBron would have dominated the 90s even more than he dominates now, due to the persistent progress in sports science and athleticism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauCoeFltXM

pgardn
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
This is coming from a man who thinks North Korea is a paradise.

Wish he would have stayed.

Budkin
06-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Man LeBron is getting shit on from every direction. Chris Broussard and Colin Cowherd are having conniption fits.

SA210
06-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hopefully he continues to get shit on

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 11:40 AM
This is coming from a man who thinks North Korea is a paradise.

Wish he would have stayed.

The North Koreans think he's Obama.

sdsucwsl
06-08-2013, 12:21 PM
"cocaine is a hell of a drug."

tmtcsc
06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Dennis Rodman is an idiot. If all Lebron did was focus on rebounds, he'd lead the league. He's an amazing athlete. He's got a complete arsenal at his disposal and can pretty much do everything - Pass, Shoot, Rebound, Play D..

Sheesh...Rodman's an ignorant asshole and a douche. He's become totally irrelevant and pretty much an embarrassment to the United States. His comments on North Korea and their leader were disrespectful to every North Korean who's been starved to death or is suffering under that repressive regime. But that's a whole other story.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Great players adapt to whatever era they play in. What do people think Lebron at 6"8 270 pds can't deal with people being physical with him?

BatManu20
06-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Rodman is a dumbass. Lebron is elite and would be in any era. Moving on.

G-Dawgg
06-08-2013, 03:29 PM
With the illegal defense. That would have been an iso fest for James
Hell no... if you saw the physical interior and perimeter defenders back in the day. LeBron would get is ass shut down... Starks would be draped all over him Xavier McDaniel would be shoving him all the way back to half-court.... hand checking was legal then........
I'm 36 years old and really remember the players being better and the game being more exciting then too...Also Lebron wouldn't have a chance on the interior when all the true huge centers walked the earth... Ewing, Olajuwan, Robinson, O'neal, Mutombo, Mourning............

blkroadrunners
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Rodman was clearly drunk when he said all this. Don't know why espn interviewed him at that time.

TrueSpursFan
06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
You act as if LeBron James is Kevin Durant. LeBron James is 6'8" 260-270lbs and basically indestructible.

Then why does he feel he need to flop? If he's so indestructible then there wouldn't be a need for him to continuously flop.

BackHome
06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Rodman really might be one of the dumbest NBA players of all time. Bottom 10-15% easily.

I don't agree either. LeBron would be putting up good numbers in that era too. Look at the stacked ass numbers dudes were putting up. High PPG wasn't exactly rare in the 90s

On the court he was one of the smartest players in the NBA off the court he is a complete moron.

polandprzem
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Hell no... if you saw the physical interior and perimeter defenders back in the day. LeBron would get is ass shut down... Starks would be draped all over him Xavier McDaniel would be shoving him all the way back to half-court.... hand checking was legal then........
I'm 36 years old and really remember the players being better and the game being more exciting then too...

Handcheck is nothing when you can play 1on1.

Cry Havoc
06-08-2013, 06:05 PM

They also played very lax defense in the 80s. Unless they were fouling you hard, they gave you a LOT of room to breathe and operate. LeBron would have destroyed faces with the "defense" they played in the 80s.

As I've said before,

Hard fouls != good defense.

The 80s had the former. Not the latter.

lefty
06-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Rodman is right TBH

After game 1, LeBron said he wished defenses woudnt focus on him so much ........

:cry

If thats the case in 2013, LeBron would have suffered a nervous breakdown in the 90's

PÒÓCH
06-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I thought this was SPURS forum?

JRHernandez88
06-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Dumb...

jmanu20
06-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Most of you posting about how "dumb" and "ignornant" Rodman is for this remark probably:

a) Started watching the NBA in the mid to late 2000s
b) Based your remarks solely on Rodman's off-court behavior

Those of you who actually watched 90s bball will remember that Rodman was one of the best rebounders the league has ever had and was also a pretty nasty perimeter defender who could guard multiple positions. Players were allowed to be much more physical in the 90s than today.

For Lebron being 6'8'' 260 or so, he must not truly be as indestructible as some of you believe he is. A player who believes he is honestly "indestructible" wouldn't bitch about FOUR of his 6 fouls in a PLAYOFF game. Any "physical" defense Lebron gets are love taps compared to what teams like the Bad Boys gave Jordan in the 90s.

Rodman is a lot more right here than most of you think.

DarrinS
06-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm 44, so I've been watching bball for a long time. LBJ would be a badass in the 90's.

z0sa
06-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Rodman just being his fucking crazy self, with some overbearing emotionally clouding nostalgia thrown in for good measure. LeBron would still be a top 5 player in the League without a doubt.

SA210
06-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Rodman is right TBH

After game 1, LeBron said he wished defenses woudnt focus on him so much ........

:cry

If thats the case in 2013, LeBron would have suffered a nervous breakdown in the 90's

dg7md
06-08-2013, 11:42 PM

That's very true. There's no debating that at all, however I think it's more that he's referring to the skillset that LeBron has more so than his athleticism when you compare players of the past versus present.

I'm not saying Rodman is right, but if you take out everything but the pure game aspect, then he might have more of a point. Defense was a lot more raw and gritty back then, which would provide many problems for LeBron's offense.

TheSullyMonster
06-09-2013, 12:01 AM
This stuff is so silly. Compare rookie lebron to lebron today. He's added a lot to his game.

If he started playing in 1985, and dealt with different gameplay, then he would've added different things to his game.