PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Breakdown

spurraider21
06-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Coach Nick doing his thing as usual. Not the most interesting of his video's, but its something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qy2spcZbXI

Cry Havoc
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Great video. The Spurs are seriously the best coached, best team in the league when it comes to moving the ball. I think Spoelstra has been underrated as coaches go but there is a chasm between his coaching level and Pop's.

Can you imagine some of the plays Pop would be able to draw up with LeBron on his team? It would be disgusting. Teams would quit at halftime. :lol I really don't understand why no one ever sets a back screen for LeBron to give him a chance to curl around and catch the ball at the elbow with spacing. He could do a lot of damage in that area.

pikkiwoki
06-09-2013, 01:15 AM
At 5:03 of Coach Nick's video, he breaks down "arguably Miami's best play."

Here's more tape of that play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFU-jtuoUs

The guy who made this video even tweeted about it, and made the same observation as Coach Nick:

Might be something to keep an eye on, to see if they go to this play more on Sunday. Come to think of it, why didn't they go to it more in crunch time of Game 1? Did the Spurs do something that deterred Spo from calling this play? Wrong matchups or something?

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Great video. The Spurs are seriously the best coached, best team in the league when it comes to moving the ball. I think Spoelstra has been underrated as coaches go but there is a chasm between his coaching level and Pop's.

Can you imagine some of the plays Pop would be able to draw up with LeBron on his team? It would be disgusting. Teams would quit at halftime. :lol I really don't understand why no one ever sets a back screen for LeBron to give him a chance to curl around and catch the ball at the elbow with spacing. He could do a lot of damage in that area.

I agree with you on Spoelstra being underrated as coaches go, especially as of late, but Pop would eat him up 3 out of 4 times. Pop is just a superior being in regards to coaches, the Pop haters *cough* SBM *cough* can all go take a long hike.

Mr. Body
06-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Spoelstra seems to be a very good defensive coach, but the 5-out iso sets do not help when the defense starts locking down in the last possessions. Hopefully they don't remedy this.