PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kirby jealous of the Spurs, demands that the Lakers spend more money

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Kobe Hopes Spurs Success Pushes Lakers Management To Make Necessary Expenses Jun 08, 2013 12:36 PM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Bryant_Kobe_lal_110505.jpg
Kobe Bryant talked about the possibility of Tim Duncan tying him with five NBA titles.

"My goal is to win more than five," said Bryant. "If he does win five, hopefully that pushes our organization upstairs to be even more determined and more driven to make the necessary expenses to make sure we continue the next year and the year after that."

Bryant is confident the Lakers can compete for a title if Dwight Howard stays, but also indicated the team needs to add players with length and quickness.

"I'd love to see us pick up next season where we left off this season prior to these injuries," Bryant said. "We were playing some good basketball -- things were flowing. We'll have to make some adjustments in terms of getting a little longer, having a couple of guys on the floor who can cover ground, and cover ground quickly. If we do those things, I like our chances."

Via Stephen A. Smith/ESPN (via Eric Pincus/Los Angeles Times) (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-lakers-contract-20130608,0,7855121.story?track=rss)

:lol $120 million not enough for Kirby
:lol Most overpaid 7th seed of all time
:lol Gonna throw even more money down the toilet now to shut Kirby up
:lol Kupcake
:lol Jimbo Buss

td4mvp2k
06-08-2013, 02:16 PM
wants wat TD has... wat a b*tch... :lol

baseline bum
06-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Should amnesty det nigga thb

jimbo
06-08-2013, 02:27 PM
amnesty him and use that 30 mil on building a real team tbh

Splits
06-08-2013, 02:29 PM

$128 million

td4mvp2k
06-08-2013, 02:39 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Hella-Barea-300x171.jpg

“Only my ribs hurt, but for Kobe, it’s his ego.” - J.J. Barea

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/724322-nba-finals-2011-schedule-latest-news-and-results-from-the-nba-finals/entry/92444-nba-finals-jj-barea-reminds-kobe-bryant-that-he-isnt-in-nba-finals

NRHector
06-08-2013, 02:40 PM
If they don't he'll start crying on national radio

td4mvp2k
06-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Phil knew it... he is Fd in da head... lol

HI-FI
06-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm so grateful Peter holt and Pop never gave the keys of the organization to a sociopathic rapist. this nigga going to be extra bitchy when he realizes he can't play the same way, or at least not for awhile.

z0sa
06-08-2013, 02:55 PM
The Kobe era ended officially this season. Lakers wont be contenders again in his career.

lefty
06-08-2013, 02:56 PM
" We were playing some good basketball "

When ? :lmao

td4mvp2k
06-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Kobe Bryant, Not LeBron James, The Biggest Quitter in The NBA?

Do you want to know what "quitting" in the playoffs is? Quitting is Kobe Bryant in 2006. That year, the Lakers were up 3-1 against the Suns in the first round of the playoffs. Despite scoring 50 points in Game 6, they still lost which opened up criticism of Kobe of being a "ball-hog" and not trusting his teammates. Kobe responded in the series critical Game 7 by putting up a total of 16 shots, including only 3 shots in the 2nd half, and scoring one point. The result was a 31 point blow-out loss to the Suns in Game 7.

Yes, Kobe quit. That's a fact and everyone that watched that series except for the most in-denial Lakers fans remember this. So why isn't Kobe called out as a "quitter"?

That's because Kobe has since redeemed himself to the tune of a league MVP award and two back-to-back championships. But despite these accomplishments, Kobe was once a "quitter" in the playoffs.

The fact is, LeBron was a tremendous basketball player for the Cavs for seven years, taking them to their one and only Finals appearance in 2007, bringing them the best record two season in a row, as well as back-to-back league MVP awards. I'm sorry, but you can't achieve those accomplishments as a "quitter".

The reality is all this "quitter" stuff came out only after he signed with the Heat.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/433184-is-kobe-bryant-not-lebron-james-the-biggest-quitter-in-the-nba

unforeseen
06-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Lakers will amnesty MWP before Kirby.

da_suns_fan
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
He just cant help himself...he has to be douchey.

KaiRMD1
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
You have got to be shitting me, he wants them to spend more money?

Arcadian
06-08-2013, 03:39 PM
:lol Not a single Laker fan has posted in this thread

UZER
06-08-2013, 03:39 PM
this is typical espn / Stephen A trying to kobe in the spotlight. I need more help :cry. go buy me more players :cry

I have noticed a kobe quote, story, blurb pretty much everyday since they been knocked in the first round. For all of stephen A's bravado, hes just another espn lapdog.

Splits
06-08-2013, 03:40 PM
For context, if they resign Howard and don't amnesty anyone, they're looking at over $200 million in payroll + tax next year. And this fool wants them to spend more? How?

Captivus
06-08-2013, 03:50 PM
He just wants to see his name in the news...

NRHector
06-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Duncan fucking with Kobe's mind :lol

Baseline
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Let's face it - Bryant is an inefficient player, always has been. After blowing the Achilles, he's going to be even more inefficient. Which translates to...grossly ineffective. What he really needs is to be surrounded by four all-stars, because just three (like this year) obviously wasn't enough.

Cry Havoc
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
$30,000,000 contract with Dwight on his team and he bitches about not having teammates. :lmao

in2deep
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
He wont even be top 15 next year. Irrelevant player

Spurs9
06-08-2013, 04:11 PM
:lol Yet TOSB Kobe refusing any salary cuts

z0sa
06-08-2013, 04:15 PM
The Laker circus of the mid 00s is back and in full swing.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Kobe still is a top player, and what he says is true. Once Kobe got injured they were fish out of water... Howard got exposed and embarassed... horribly.

Deuce Bigalow
06-08-2013, 04:22 PM

Didn't they finish the season 28-12? Or something like that... Although that record is misleading because Kobe had carry the team to barely beat teams like the Hornets and the Raptors, so even though they won, it was still pathetic wins tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Kobe still is a top player, and what he says is true. Once Kobe got injured they were fish out of water... Howard got exposed and embarassed... horribly.
:lmao

Which Lakerfan is behind this troll? :lol

z0sa
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Didn't they finish the season 28-12? Or something like that... Although that record is misleading because Kobe had carry the team to barely beat teams like the Hornets and the Raptors, so even though they won, it was still pathetic wins tbh.

^pathetic wins made more pathetic by a historic free throw differential.

td4mvp2k
06-08-2013, 04:26 PM

:lol

baseline bum
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Is Kobe trying to get amnestied so he can go take all of LeBron's shots in Miami next year?

Deuce Bigalow
06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
^pathetic wins made more pathetic by a historic free throw differential.
Lets forget the hack a Dwight, and forget that most of those games were close.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Lets forget the hack a Dwight, and forget that most of those games were close.
The fact that they were close even in spite of the outrageous free throw differentials (NOT just due to Hack-a-Dwight) and the shittiness of their opponents shows how pathetic the Lakers truly were, tbh....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Spurs fan. But I can see why you're so mad... you're a Clippers fan hahahahahahaha

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Spurs fan. But I can see why you're so mad... you're a Clippers fan hahahahahahaha
:lol Deflecting from your awful take

Please explain how Kirby's right about the Lakers needing to spend more money despite looking at a $200 million payroll next year if Dwight re-signs, tbh....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2013, 04:44 PM
:lol Deflecting from your awful take

Please explain how Kirby's right about the Lakers needing to spend more money despite looking at a $200 million payroll next year if Dwight re-signs, tbh....

I never said that. I think Kobe is one of the best players in the game. Some players just don't work together well (Amare & Melo)

But Kobe > CP3

HI-FI
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Rapist could be playing alongside clones of prime Magic and Wilt, yet he would still find a way to bitch and complain. I can't remember another player who has needed as many superteams built around him.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I never said that.
Really? :lol

Kobe still is a top player, and what he says is true.

But Kobe > CP3
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Really? :lol

As in they need a better bench. Doesn't necessarily mean spending more. Just explore free agency, tbh..

Kobe >> CP3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

I was at this game. He's a whiner when he doesn't get what he wants.

gnsf0946
06-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I was at this game. He's a whiner when he doesn't get what he wants.

pretty fitting considering the tittle of this thread tbh

Clipper Nation
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Kirby should have taken less money if he wanted a bench, instead he milked every cent he could out of the Lakers and is now paying the price, tbh....

Let's not pretend like Kirby isn't one of the biggest whiners in the league, he whined his way off the Hornets on draft day for fuck's sake! :lol

DMC
06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
What Kobe is saying is "don't amnesty me bro". He's the necessary expense he's referring to.

He needs better rebounders the way he shoots. So if they could get Zbo and Kevin Love under the basket and get maybe Pau and Howard there as well, Kobe could take 40 shots a game.

z0sa
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Rapist could be playing alongside clones of prime Magic and Wilt, yet he would still find a way to bitch and snitch

Why even bring a hypothetical into your equation?

Prme Shaq's caliber of scoring and affecting the entire offensive end in general might be the most dominant ever... and the motherfucker threepeated with both rings and FMVPs with Kobe a locker over. Despite all that, Kobe manages to run Shaq outta Tinseltown not even a month after they make their fourth Finals in five years and with Shaq relatively beasting, no less.

There is no NBA player in history who could have shared Kobes locker room while matching his ego, excluding His Airness.

100%duncan
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
128 Million is not enough :lmao :lmao :lmao

dg7md
06-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Can't blame Kobe for wanting to win.

Of course an already over-paid athlete will be okay with spending more money. Money is meaningless to them basically.

Jumi
06-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Let's be honest for a second.

The Shaq/Kobe, then Kobe/Shaq duo could've went down in basketball history as one of the greatest combos ever. Shaq was already a force to be recokened with in Orlando and once Kobe figured out his game and how to play alongside Shaq, the results spoke for themselves...four Finals apperances in five years. During the same time, Kobe's dumbass was on 60 Minutes in the midst of their dominace, speaking of the time when he would be the "man" with his own team! He's just wired to want to be the best player on the team, not win as a member of the team. His time would've came as Shaq declined as a player, but a Shaq that could still put up 18 and 10 would've gotten them to the Finals where as Kobe was missing the playoffs as Shaq rang with D Wade! Who gets paid $30 million in a league with a salary cap, but bitches when his team isn't any good? Kobe!

Kobe vs Duncan is a great comparison, but not in basketball accomplishments. The way both players achieved their sucess is the debate. Kobe got his, but he could've had so much more. Duncan got all that he could get, cuz he just wanted to win!

Spurs9
06-09-2013, 08:32 AM
:lol Kobe needing $200million cap space for the team he wants
:lol Kobe calling the shots from a wheelchair
:lol .500 team "We were making progress" :cry
:lol Excited about beating rockets only to get swept in first round
:lol Luxury tax more than team's cap spaces

ohmwrecker
06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Watching LeBitch and TOSB fight it out for the title has got to be excruciating for Kobers.

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 08:41 AM
:lol Kobe needing $200million cap space for the team he wants
:lol Kobe calling the shots from a wheelchair
:lol .500 team "We were making progress" :cry
:lol Excited about beating rockets only to get swept in first round
:lol Luxury tax more than team's cap spaces

Should trade Vlade for another 13th pick, tbh.

AaronY
06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Should trade Vlade for another 13th pick, tbh.
1ytCEuuW2_A

ambchang
06-09-2013, 08:45 AM

When they shot 50 free throws to make the 8 seed.

UZER
06-09-2013, 08:50 AM
I've said it before, Kobe blowing his Achilles was the best thing to happen to him for his over all legacy. He avoided facing questions of his teams monumental fault, and instead looks like the hero that dragged then into the 8th seed. When in actuality, he dragged them down to the 8th seed.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2013, 10:01 AM
is this clown anyway related to mancini? only thing in common are these 2 idiots are italian...lolitaly

Splits
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
When Dwight walks from LA, they are still committed to over $78 million in cap space for next year. That puts them above the apron, since the cap will be max $60 million. Assume they amnesty MWP and don't pick up Meeks' option, that would put them at $69 million, still above the apron.

They could amnesty Gasol or Kirbs (which would make the most sense) but assuming they don't, that means outside of a trade, all they can do is:

1) Resign the guys who expired from last year (Jamison, Clark, Ebanks, Morris, Goudelock)
2) Sign a free agent(s) to the MLE (approx $3 million total)
3) Sign guys to vet minimums
4) ???
5) Profit!

Seriously, they're totally fucked next year unless they amnesty Kirbs or Pau.

Please explain what Kirby knows that I am missing, just HOW are the Lakers supposed to spend more money?

Spurs9
06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
When Dwight walks from LA, they are still committed to over $78 million in cap space for next year. That puts them above the apron, since the cap will be max $60 million. Assume they amnesty MWP and don't pick up Meeks' option, that would put them at $69 million, still above the apron.

They could amnesty Gasol or Kirbs (which would make the most sense) but assuming they don't, that means outside of a trade, all they can do is:

1) Resign the guys who expired from last year (Jamison, Clark, Ebanks, Morris, Goudelock)
2) Sign a free agent(s) to the MLE (approx $3 million total)
3) Sign guys to vet minimums
4) ???
5) Profit!

Seriously, they're totally fucked next year unless they amnesty Kirbs or Pau.

Please explain what Kirby knows that I am missing, just HOW are the Lakers supposed to spend more money?
I guess technically they can go over but pay a shitload in luxury tax. Either way they are kinda hosed tbh. Thats what happens when everyone wants to get paid and isn't willing to sacrifice money. It ain't much to players to Lebron to take less money, but the fact of the matter he did and he could get paid the max of the max. But they took some cuts in order to form that team and get far. Same thing with TD, to allow for the Spurs to have the cap room that would get them as far as they are right now. Some people want to win, and some people just want to get paid as much as they can. If Kobe keeps making $30million the Lakers will be nothing more than a first round exit for a while.

Frank Dux
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Pathetic. Asking the Lakers organization to spend MORE money while Korby remains the most overpaid player in the league? smh

Splits
06-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I guess technically they can go over but pay a shitload in luxury tax.

No, they can't. Outside of resigning their own guys who expired, the MLE, and vet minimums they can't do anything else next year unless they amnesty Pau or Kirbs. They're fucked, but Kirbs doesn't seem to understand "rules" apparently.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Kobe is probably sending a message not to trade Gasol for cap relief even if they retain Dwight.

Spurs9
06-09-2013, 05:00 PM
No, they can't. Outside of resigning their own guys who expired, the MLE, and vet minimums they can't do anything else next year unless they amnesty Pau or Kirbs. They're fucked, but Kirbs doesn't seem to understand "rules" apparently.
Ah didn't know that