PDA

View Full Version : LeBron won't get a tech no matter what he does in the Finals

Budkin
06-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Because apparently if he gets one more he's suspended.

Andthentherewas21
06-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Players get suspended after receiving their 7th tech, Lebron currently has 4 according to ESPN.

GSH
06-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Players get suspended after receiving their 7th tech, Lebron currently has 4 according to ESPN.

Yep. But if they had called that flagrant against MethMan the other night, he would have been suspended for Game 2. No play on the ball, forearm into the face, follow through. That was a Flagrant 1 in just about everybody's mind (except die-hard Miami fans who still know better deep down). Oh, but can you imagine the screaming if they had called it, and Miami loses Game 2?

Hoops Czar
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Who cares

Kindergarten Cop
06-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Perhaps you are confusing technical fouls with flagrant fouls? A player is given one "point" for a flagrant 1 and two "points" for a flagrant 2. If a player amasses three total points in the Playoffs (i.e. one flagrant 1 and one flagrant 2), that player would receive an automatic one game suspension.

I'm not sure if the Birdman would be subject to a suspension if he gets a flagrant 1 at any time during the series, since he was already suspended once for it.

Budkin
06-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Because apparently if he gets one more he's suspended.

Ah sorry y'all. It's all over twitter today and I didn't research.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Three more for Lebron, one more flagrant for Birdman.

Budkin
06-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Just delete this post. I'm a gullible dumbass.

Kindergarten Cop
06-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Three more for Lebron, one more flagrant for Birdman.

Do you think that he would still get the suspension, considering that he has already been suspended once for it?

DPG21920
06-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Yep. But if they had called that flagrant against MethMan the other night, he would have been suspended for Game 2. No play on the ball, forearm into the face, follow through. That was a Flagrant 1 in just about everybody's mind (except die-hard Miami fans who still know better deep down). Oh, but can you imagine the screaming if they had called it, and Miami loses Game 2?

I have no idea how contact to the head is not a flagrant. It makes no sense at all and no one even talks about it.

Kindergarten Cop
06-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I have no idea how contact to the head is not a flagrant. It makes no sense at all and no one even talks about it.

The foul on Ginobili in the first quarter (committed by Haslem) was contact to the head also and nobody brought it up.

UZER
06-08-2013, 03:29 PM

it be talked about if it happened to Miami, just like lebrons foul out was talked about for 48 hrs after the game.

Aztecfan03
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Do you think that he would still get the suspension, considering that he has already been suspended once for it?

I think so. He was suspended because of that one play not because a certain number of fouls, i think. And he received a tech on that play, not a flagrant, right?

GSH
06-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Perhaps you are confusing technical fouls with flagrant fouls? A player is given one "point" for a flagrant 1 and two "points" for a flagrant 2. If a player amasses three total points in the Playoffs (i.e. one flagrant 1 and one flagrant 2), that player would receive an automatic one game suspension.

I'm not sure if the Birdman would be subject to a suspension if he gets a flagrant 1 at any time during the series, since he was already suspended once for it.

I think so. He was suspended because of that one play not because a certain number of fouls, i think. And he received a tech on that play, not a flagrant, right?

The league upgraded that foul to a Flagrant 2, and suspended him for a game - not for points, but because it should have been called a Flagrant 2 on the floor, and he should have been ejected from that game. (Plus the fact that he didn't leave the floor.)

The flagrant added to his point total. As it stands, he only needs one more point and he gets a 1 game suspension.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM

He should be. It's just letter of the law at this point. The NBA would be going against its own rules if they didn't suspend him.

z0sa
06-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Does anybody know the Birdman situation? One assumes he gets suspended for all following flagrants but for some reason i remeber something about fines too...might be both

Mugen
06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah, not sure how PedoMan's foul on Manu wasn't a flagrant. Maybe should have writhed around on the floor like Allen did but it was a 100x worse than Manu's flagrant.

Breen & JVG were even joking about Manu not being able to dunk anymore. Pretty difficult to dunk when you're taking an elbow to the head and no play on the ball tbh.