07-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Stay Tuned...

Local programming?

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Huge Spurs News. Stay tuned...

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
If you're moving Spurs games to 760 you need to upgrade your coathanger antenna. :lol

Extra Stout
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
If they move games off 1200, I won't be able to listen from Houston anymore.

ducks
07-14-2005, 10:58 AM
is this the Oberto news

Extra Stout
07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
is this the Oberto newsYes Oberto is getting his own call-in show.

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
i knew waltra was in trouble when he started talking about linda cohns breasts this morning...:lmao

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 11:08 AM

If they move the games off 1200, you won't be able to listen from Schertz anymore.

Maybe they are switching to Spanish music after dark so that they will blend into the AM signals coming from Mexico.:lol

ladiesman
07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Jay Howard comming back?

spurjur
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Don Harris got a rug for his head?

AlamoSpursFan
07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Kori Ellis new host of Game Night Warmup/React?

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Fox Sports Radio gone; ESPN radio in?

Tony Bruno takes over as morning drive-time host?

Oh, I know. The Ticket is bringing in Rush Limbaugh as a football analyst this fall.

blaze89
07-14-2005, 12:03 PM
If the changes involve Tony Bruno coming in, I'm all for it!

Fox Sports will not be gone, I believe both Ticket 760 and Fox Sports Radio are owned by ClearChannel.

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
A national NBA show would be wonderful. Intense NBA talk for an hour or two a day would not suck at all.

kris
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
This is an age old marketing ploy to make Johnny Averagefan interested in the product. Don't be suprised if this leaves you with the same feeling you get when ksat 12 tells you there is "big news coming up about the Spurs" and you it turns out they are looking at resigning someone on the team.

KEDA
07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Brian Cocks is apologizing to the city of San Antonio for being a dumbass.

he is also refunding me money for time spent listening to his show!

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
There have been 3 tornados sighted in the area! Will your house be in the path of destruction? Tune in at six for your exclusive 4warn storm team forecast! :lol

AlamoSpursFan
07-14-2005, 12:25 PM

he is also refunding me money for time spent listening to his show!

Took me a second, but :lmao

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
New Morning Show......

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Change in the Afternoon show

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
New Morning Show......
replacing Walter and Vex or the worst show in the history of talk radio, the morning drive(w/vanearl).?

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
i like walt and vex in the morning...even if the only crap they have to talk about lately is golf and baseball. :pctoss

tell the ticket to stop messing with thier lineup or so help me, i'm gonna go get xm and say goodbye. :cuss

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:04 PM
The Ticket 760 is proud to announce that the new LOCAL morning show will be.....

Charlie Parker from WOAI fame, and David Chancellor from WOAI TV Fame.

7-10am

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Afternoon show.......

King
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Damn -- I just heard about it all.

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 01:10 PM
The Ticket 760 is proud to announce that the new LOCAL morning show will be.....

7-10am

Wasn't Charlie a failed experiment? However, David is going to be pretty good.

Both have little in depth knowledge about sports, except David knows a lot about the Cowboys.

If you can get TIMVP to talk he would be better than both of those guys for basketball.:lol

spurjur
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
That's what I am talking about. Walter's voice annoys me. Someone get him a glass of water. Vex is so bias it ain't funny. I like Charlie Parker and David is fun. Good change. What is the new afternoon show?

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM

7-10am

Well, that should be at least halfway decent... :lol

Do y'all remember when Charlie Parker did sports on KKYX? It must have been in the early to mid '80s.

King
07-14-2005, 01:18 PM
It doesn't necessarily mean Walter and Vex are going away.

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
That's what I am talking about. Walter's voice annoys me. Someone get him a glass of water. Vex is so bias it ain't funny. I like Charlie Parker and David is fun. Good change. What is the new afternoon show?

The new Afternoon Show.....

The husband/wife duo of
Peter Burns and StacieTheSportsChick.
With Walter as...."Stat Boy"
4P-7P

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Just freaking kidding.....

The new afternoon show will be Walter and Vexler from 4P-7P
The Thompson Brothers have moved up to the major leagues.

Primetime San Antonio with The Thompson Brothers on 1200 WOAI will premiere on August 8th from 7P-10P

Those of you that know a little about radio, the FCC basically cuts 95% of their host restrictions at 7:00p....read into that as you like.

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
With Walter as...."Stat Boy"

:lol

Thanks for putting them on WOAI. :tu

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Congrats to Chance, Jason and Rob -- stepping up.

It seems like the Walter/Vex thing isn't a step up, but congrats to them too.

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 01:27 PM
What's amazing is that the Thompson are way better at political talk than sports talk. I'll actually listen to their political talk show. Great job on that one!

SWC Bonfire
07-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I guess the Thompson's will have to attempt to be respectable.

Good luck with your show, utsagolfpb. Does it also start 8 Aug?

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
i think i can live with the changes...xm is on the shelf for now you lucky sob's. :lol

Taco
Just freaking kidding.....

The new afternoon show will be Walter and Vexler from 4P-7P

Primetime San Antonio with The Thompson Brothers on 1200 WOAI will premiere on August 8th from 7P-10P

Those of you that know a little about radio, the FCC basically cuts 95% of their host restrictions at 7:00p....read into that as you like.

Congrats to the Thompsons!!!!

I like Vex and Walter also!!!!!

Kori Ellis
Good luck with your show, utsagolfpb. Does it also start 8 Aug?

utsagolf has a show?

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Curtains for Hannity?

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I know that everytime a change is made, all radio stations say "WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEW CHANGE" when about 95% of the time they are F'in lying.

Well, I can honestly say, that is a step forward to making the Ticket here in San Antonio more like the Ticket in Dallas, as well as adding some serious different flavor to WOAI.

GoSpurs21
07-14-2005, 01:33 PM

he is also refunding me money for time spent listening to his show!I love the way Brian (Hee Hee Hee) Cox gets under the thin skin of some Spurs fans. Makes for great comedy.

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:34 PM
utsagolf has a show?

No, I have a 2 hour window during football season that the mic is on and I have all of about 8 people that listen to the NFL Kickoff Show.

So, for all pratical purposes, I don't....maybe we should do a web show Kori.......

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Curtains for Hannity?
Hannity will now be LIVE on WOAI from 2-4p

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
No, I have a 2 hour window during football season that the mic is on and I have all of about 8 people that listen to the NFL Kickoff Show.

So, for all pratical purposes, I don't....maybe we should do a web show Kori.......

I was just kidding asking if you have a show. I do consider that show to be your show - though your first couple times, you really sucked :)

Yeah -- I think we should have a webshow called BEC -- Burns, Ellis, Crawford.

spurschick
07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I just couldn't make it from 6-9am to listen to Vex and Walter, but I may have to make an exception for David. I thought the Thompsons did a great job filling in for Bolton - I'm glad they're moving up.

spurjur
07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I ashamed of the fact that people from SA actually call the Drive just to respond to the idiotic remarks B. Cox makes. I think it feeds fuel to the fire. It would be better if everyone in San Antonio would insert some CDs while that show is on. That would send a message to B. Cox and Chris Meyers. Calling their show to complain or to make fun of B. Cox will just keep them on the air longer. Do we want that?

PeterBurns
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey Kori.

http://www.freewebs.com/si-c-k/middle_finger.jpg

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM

damn -- guess I'm just not lucky enough.

GoSpurs21
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I ashamed of the fact that people from SA actually call the Drive just to respond to the idiotic remarks B. Cox makes. I think it feeds fuel to the fire. It would be better if everyone in San Antonio would insert some CDs while that show is on. That would send a message to B. Cox and Chris Meyers. Calling their show to complain or to make fun of B. Cox will just keep them on the air longer. Do we want that?yes I definitely want to hear people get on the radio and make jackasses of themselves (both the hosts and the listeners)
I do not listen to sports radio for the information, but for the opinions and mainly humor, sorry if you can't handle when someone elses opinion is different from yours...you may want to listen to Rush...he is the type of radio where only one opinion is tolerated
oh yea SA is such a big market that it would really effect a national FOX radio show

pache100
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Curtains for Hannity?

There IS a God. I can't listen during that time frame.

Dos
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
brain cox impression when being grilled by a spurs fan.

"you can't talk to me that way, how many rings do you have? What sport did you ever
play"

no kidding this guy is a complete ass, he seems to think that unless you played any pro sport or won a ring, that you can't argue with him.

Joesteds
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I just found out that Stacy the Sports Chick from SA was in Maxim. Does anyone have a link? I think she was in a bikini contest at Cowboys last night, but I can't remember (I was pretty drunk).

T Park
07-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Someone tell me how Charlie Parker keeps getting jobs, and why anyone thinks he has a braincell 1 for sports?

The Thompsons doing local politics??

No thanks on anything.

Way to keep fuckin the station up Lundy.

Congrats.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Someone tell me how Charlie Parker keeps getting jobs, and why anyone thinks he has a braincell 1 for sports?

I'm confused. I thought people in San Antonio loved when Charlie Parker did sports. (I don't know; I didn't listen back then.)

No thanks on anything.

They won't just be doing politics, they'll be covering everything - news, sports, entertainment. And they were very well received the times that they filled in for Bolton, so I don't think it's a fuck up.

timvp
07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
T Park I'm guessing doesn't like them because they are both hardcore democrats.

T Park
07-14-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing doesn't like them because they are both hardcore democrats.

no because ive listened to their sports show and their show when they filled in for lundy.

The politics show is a shoozer, the sports one is hilarious.

I thought people in San Antonio loved when Charlie Parker did sports

They may have. I didnt.

Before I went to class, when the ticket first started I listened to it, hell i even remember him talking the next day about Tim Duncan after an exhibition game vs Houston.

Me personally, if he had a music show?? yeah that would be great, but hes not great at sports, nor is he great at politics so oh well.

They are hardcore democrats?? They are lawyers what do you expect.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
The politics show is a shoozer, the sports one is hilarious.

Well their new one will still have a lot of sports .. as well as everything else.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't go for Parker, mostly because the show is dedicated solely to the things he follows. That means that we'll hear his homer-ish views of UT athletics (is there collegiate sport beyond Austin?), some Cowboys stuff, and some Spurs stuff, and that's about it. San Antonio sports radio has suffered for years without someone who can go beyond the comfortable to talk about broader issues with any degree of knowledge. The Thompsons are about as close as we've gotten, though Walter brings an interesting and somewhat broader (and, I'd argue, more objective) view than the others who've been in that position.

I'm sure Parker is a good guy. But in this area, he's a re-tread, and it didn't work so well the first time around.

T Park
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
though Walter brings an interesting and somewhat broader (and, I'd argue, more objective) view than the others who've been in that position.

fuck him.

All he did during the Spurs playoff run was talk about how great Jerome James was and all that horseshit.

The guy hates SA and loves New York.

Kick the fucker back to brookland and tell him to take his shitty ass teeth with.

maxpower
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I know that everytime a change is made, all radio stations say "WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEW CHANGE" when about 95% of the time they are F'in lying.

Well, I can honestly say, that is a step forward to making the Ticket here in San Antonio more like the Ticket in Dallas, as well as adding some serious different flavor to WOAI.

You have seen the light.

I can honestly say I have not listened to the Ticket in the afternoon since a couple days after the finals.
I don't know that these changes will make me listen...
I think the Thompsons will be missed. They have a bit more national exposure. Twice in the past couple of weeks I have heard callers/hosts on the national overnight show mention them. Both host and callers on different occasions spoke highly of their opinions.

totalspurshomer
07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
BTW, what's the story on Walter's voice? I tuned in for the first time these last two weeks to their morning slot and his voice is total crap. I haven't listened for more than 30 minutes on any morning because his voice is really irritating. Sounds like terminal sore throat/laryngitis because it's not getting better at all. Anybody know what's up? Surgery?

PS...I know his voice was pretty much Porky Pig to begin with :lol , but I like Walter's objectivity(it's sorely needed among SA media). But now it's un-listenable. If he needs time off to rest it, I don't know why 760 doesn't take him off till he heals.

2centsworth
07-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm confused. I thought people in San Antonio loved when Charlie Parker did sports. (I don't know; I didn't listen back then.)

They won't just be doing politics, they'll be covering everything - news, sports, entertainment. And they were very well received the times that they filled in for Bolton, so I don't think it's a fuck up.
Charlie is not very good at sports, but easily better than walter.

I'm not democrat, but Thompsons are great doing politics. High energy and controversial. Their sports show was the pits.

blackbucket
07-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Charlie's sports show was completely boring. I like his personality on the air but when it comes to sports, forget it. He knows NOTHING about basketball and is limited about the Spurs. I don't know about D Chancellor but I'll give their show a chance.

CHAMPS AGAIN
07-14-2005, 08:58 PM

No thanks on anything.

Congrats.

hey :idiot you have not left,don't bitch if you don't back up your own words if the SPURS WIN I'm out of here for a year, just get out or just shut the fuck up :stfu :lol :elephant

davi78239
07-14-2005, 11:21 PM
so when do these changes take place again?

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
August 8.

scott
07-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Sounds like the same old story with different faces.

SA needs ESPN radio...

TheTruth
07-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Thank god they aren't giving VanEarl anymore airtime here in S.A.

maxpower
07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, I'm not a huge c parker fan or hater...

but definitely..you will need to get ready for songs, songs and more songs.

Oh and lists.

I'm sorry but that is not radio. That is one of the irritating standards I have noticed on local radio...when you have nothing to say fall back on the list.

pooh
07-29-2005, 05:26 PM
I remember when parkers show used to be on in the mornings. I liked it. It wasn't "homerish" and all that, it was his opinion and you were welcome to chime in. We'll see how he does with Chancellor as a side-kick. I haven't listened to Vex and Walter since they left their afternoon gig for the mornings. I'm not sure if I'll listen to them now that they're back. I rarely listen to WOAI, so good luck to the Thompsons.

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 05:38 PM
I liked Parker's show back in the day....looking forward to this one too.

T Park
07-29-2005, 06:14 PM
This new one will consist of

Chancellor making an intelligent comment, then Parker saying something stupid and tying it in with music then trying to sing.

B O M B

please bring in Mike and Mike and Colin Cowherd.

angel_luv
07-29-2005, 07:47 PM
The Thompson Brothers will still do the game time react after games right?!???!? I love that show!!!!

Congrats to the Brothers on their promotion. They deserve it! = )

2centsworth
07-29-2005, 08:03 PM
The Thompson Brothers will still do the game time react after games right?!???!? I love that show!!!!

Congrats to the Brothers on their promotion. They deserve it! = )
i agree. their game time react is pretty good. very homerish which is what I want after the game.

King
07-29-2005, 10:54 PM
The Thompsons will handle most/all Spurs related things. Warm up and react.

Sense
07-29-2005, 11:22 PM
The new Afternoon Show.....

The husband/wife duo of
LJ and Kori Ellis.
With Solid as...."Stat Boy"
4P-7P

YES! :lol

AlamoSpursFan
07-30-2005, 02:43 AM

Please God no.

samikeyp
07-30-2005, 10:33 AM

Well Im in....but who is the other Mike? :)

KEDA
07-30-2005, 11:31 AM
new afternoon show (im not too coherent in the mornings, so ths is why its in the afternoons) the KEDA and MIKEY show brought to you by Hooters

we could discuss other sports besides basketball

football
baseball
field hockey
lacrosse
BOWLING
Hooter girl ratings
tiddely winks
parcheesi
POKER
and various other topics of the day!

SenorSpur
07-30-2005, 03:02 PM

Nor will I from Big D. Of course, I'm only able to pick the 1200 signal after it gets dark.

King
07-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Games will stay on 1200. The Thompsons will be pre-empted quite often because of them, but the games are staying on WOAI.

mouse
07-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Unless Peter Burns or Kori is on I won't Tune in

T Park
07-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Please God no.

Whats the matter, do they not get "simple" enough for you.

Are they as difficult to understand as Lance Armstrong winning?

mouse
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
To be honest the Ticket sucks so bad I would settle for 3 hours of the Round Table with T park.

Not that the round table is low class, but those dudes on the ticket sound like two guys at the Blanco tavern just talking , minus the pitcher of beer.

Why can't this one horse town have more than one sports station? 760 is circling the drain, The Gorrila left just in time

CHAMPS AGAIN
07-30-2005, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=mouse]To be honest the Ticket sucks so bad I would settle for 3 hours of the Round Table with T park.

What a couple of BIG LOSERS who QUIT on the SPURS one became a Mavs fan :lol and the other one a who gives a shit :elephant :elephant if the SPURS win I'm out of here for a YEAR just get out :princess :princess

mouse
07-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Sometimes I wonder if these guys know what they are saying is being trasmitted on the air waves,

samikeyp
07-31-2005, 01:14 AM
new afternoon show (im not too coherent in the mornings, so ths is why its in the afternoons) the KEDA and MIKEY show brought to you by Hooters

sweet.

alamo50
07-31-2005, 05:24 AM

Primetime San Antonio with The Thompson Brothers on 1200 WOAI will premiere on August 8th from 7P-10P.

Awesome!
Well deserved.
Congratulations Jason and Rob.

Spurs košarka kultura
07-31-2005, 06:18 AM
please bring in Mike and Mike and Colin Cowherd

Mike and Mike are cool, but COLIN COWHERD!?!?!?! Are you freakin kidding me, I have to here this fag everyday in the crooked H, he gets a resounding FUCK NO!