PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green vs Dwayne Wade

Darius McCrary
06-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes I said Dwayne. I refuse to spell it the way his mom screwed it up on his birth certificate.

I rewatched the game last night and the most glaring observations:

Danny Green was wide open on all 9 of his 3 ball attempts. I mean no one was even in his freaking AREA CODE. The man responsible for guarding Green on every one?

Dwayne Wade.
Sometimes Wade was being lazy, sometimes he made an idiotic rotations, sometimes he tried to play hero defense (???), and i think once Wade was just slow chasing him, yet he managed to leave Green amazingly open.

Certainly the Heat are aware of a man who goes 4/9 three's in the finals. Certainly they realized watching the tape that they didn't even make him take anything that can be considered a contested shot.

Questions:

Will the Heat focus more on Green?
If so, what do they do different?

The overriding hope here is that Wade truly is hurt, fatigued, and messed up, and was using his time guarding Green to loaf it and take time off. If Wade is truly hurt, the Heat may be screwed here. And therefore a part of the gameplan should become to run whoever Wade guards around and around to wear that sucker out.
Anyone?

For the record, I do not expect Green to be anywhere near this open the rest of the series, the Heat will figure something out. But if someone else covers Green, who does Wade guard?

BatManu20
06-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I just hope he knocks down his open looks. If he does, I like our chances. If he doesn't, well.. you get the point.

Chinook
06-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Green used to be really easy to guard. He would just sit in the corner and shoot open threes. All his man had to do was not leave him. Then Green started moving, first just to spot up on the wing or at the top, then eventually off screens. He's become more of a Ray Allen/spot-up hybrid who can make his man work on defense while still being no more than a third option on the floor. Green getting better inside the arch (from mid-range and finishing) would go a long way toward helping Parker. He also is beginning to realize how to use his size to take advantage of smaller defenders. If he gets any type of post game, he'll pretty much prevent cross match-ups, which will prevent any more Thompson-on-Parker scenarios.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:38 PM
At this point they may end up just "hiding" Wade on the worst perimeter guy. . .and honestly, that's what they're doing by putting him on Green. He can't guard TP very well even when 100% and he probably couldn't guard Leonard very well either if he's hurt now. They're already hiding him on Green. . .there's really nothing else they can do but have him abandon help defense to stick to Green, which just opens up Parker and Duncan.

I don't see how they can fix it unless they give Wade some PEDs to help him heal up faster.

Darius McCrary
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I just hope he knocks down his open looks. If he does, I like our chances. If he doesn't, well.. you get the point.

That's one of my points. Will he even be open the rest of the series? A team as talented as Miami may take him away. Other teams have in the past. GSW did a great job for a while. But the entire discussion pivots around Wade.

Chinook
06-08-2013, 10:45 PM
That's one of my points. Will he even be open the rest of the series? A team as talented as Miami may take him away. Other teams have in the past. GSW did a great job for a while. But the entire discussion pivots around Wade.

I think Golden State's "success" against Green was more about Green being passive on offense (from being tired, I assume). They almost never put anyone by Curry on him, and if Green didn't actively try to get open or use his size to get put-backs, Curry did a good job at denying the shot. If the gameplan is for Green to be active offensively (like it was against the Warriors), then Wade will have to chase Green around all game. But Green's scores came from Parker drawing attention, which isn't likely to change next game. Green may not get as many open looks, but unless Leonard is ice cold on offense, the Heat will probably prefer to leave James on him.

caŽlo
06-08-2013, 11:28 PM
kawhi also missed a lot of open 3.

100%duncan
06-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Yes I said Dwayne. I refuse to spell it the way his mom screwed it up on his birth certificate.

:lmao

TE
06-09-2013, 12:50 AM
I don't see how they can fix it unless they give Wade some PEDs to help him heal up faster.
Well now we the public know Miami has a clinic with PED-injecting services...that may be what the doctor ordered for HGHade :lol

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Well now we the public know Miami has a clinic with PED-injecting services...that may be what the doctor ordered for HGHade :lol

:lmao wouldn't doubt it. NBA obviously has a VERY lax policy on PEDs. If they tested every player every week for a full season, I could just imagine how many D leaguers would be getting tons of playing time all year with all the suspensions that would be handed out.

exstatic
06-09-2013, 08:06 AM
:lmao wouldn't doubt it. NBA obviously has a VERY lax policy on PEDs. If they tested every player every week for a full season, I could just imagine how many D leaguers would be getting tons of playing time all year with all the suspensions that would be handed out.

Yeah, we're in the NBA's PED era. All you have to do is look at early and current pictures of LeBron and look at his HGH jaw growth.

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Green = Wade

They're pretty much equal at this stage of their careers.

jdiggy0424
06-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Green used to be really easy to guard. He would just sit in the corner and shoot open threes. All his man had to do was not leave him. Then Green started moving, first just to spot up on the wing or at the top, then eventually off screens. He's become more of a Ray Allen/spot-up hybrid who can make his man work on defense while still being no more than a third option on the floor. Green getting better inside the arch (from mid-range and finishing) would go a long way toward helping Parker. He also is beginning to realize how to use his size to take advantage of smaller defenders. If he gets any type of post game, he'll pretty much prevent cross match-ups, which will prevent any more Thompson-on-Parker scenarios.

good take

jdiggy0424
06-09-2013, 08:31 AM
the spurs' system allows for him to be that wide open. as long as hes not trying to force the issue on offense and concentrate most of his energy on defense, he should have a relatively productive series.

he's definitely come a long way since we've signed him. he's starting to become one of my favorite spurs

sananspursfan21
06-09-2013, 08:47 AM
i never noticed his name spelled weird!!!

wildcardX
06-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Wade did have a good first half in the first game but it looked like the Spurs made good adjustments where the only shots he made were difficult ones in the second half.

taps
06-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Nah, they already tried that. He's now in the "constantly injured because of too much steroid use" stage of his career.

Raven
06-09-2013, 02:09 PM

not sure what you're talking about, Green was pretty much the best player of the series.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Green hit most of his. It was Kawhi that was bricking them. I don't think that'll happen tonight though.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 02:29 PM

I rewatched the game last night and the most glaring observations:

Danny Green was wide open on all 9 of his 3 ball attempts. I mean no one was even in his freaking AREA CODE. The man responsible for guarding Green on every one?

Dwayne Wade.
Sometimes Wade was being lazy, sometimes he made an idiotic rotations, sometimes he tried to play hero defense (???), and i think once Wade was just slow chasing him, yet he managed to leave Green amazingly open.

Certainly the Heat are aware of a man who goes 4/9 three's in the finals. Certainly they realized watching the tape that they didn't even make him take anything that can be considered a contested shot.

Questions:

Will the Heat focus more on Green?
If so, what do they do different?

The overriding hope here is that Wade truly is hurt, fatigued, and messed up, and was using his time guarding Green to loaf it and take time off. If Wade is truly hurt, the Heat may be screwed here. And therefore a part of the gameplan should become to run whoever Wade guards around and around to wear that sucker out.
Anyone?

For the record, I do not expect Green to be anywhere near this open the rest of the series, the Heat will figure something out. But if someone else covers Green, who does Wade guard?

Spo's major weakness is that he sucks at making adjustments. It usually takes him at least two games. I think Green will again be open tonight.

Darius McCrary
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Spo's major weakness is that he sucks at making adjustments. It usually takes him at least two games. I think Green will again be open tonight.

That would be a tremendous happening.

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah, we're in the NBA's PED era. All you have to do is look at early and current pictures of LeBron and look at his HGH jaw growth.

Yeah man, I have no doubt this is NBA's PED era. We have PGs with DBZ arms doing super dunks over seven footers every night like they're Shawn Kemp and we have wide centers like Dwight with the agility and hops of a slim trim guard. I mean what is this shit?

Nah, they already tried that. He's now in the "constantly injured because of too much steroid use" stage of his career.

:lmao You're probably right. Lot of baseball guys known to be on them really broke down later in their careers.