PDA

View Full Version : Golly!

UZER
06-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Did anybody see the piece ESPN just did on SC called "inside reffereeing"?

All of a sudden, its so important to delve into the dos and donts of post play when Duncan is in the finals. It almost feels like there setting some shit up for calls in a game.

ThePop
06-08-2013, 10:37 PM
no

Mr. Body
06-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Why would you post this and not indicate what it was about for the people who didn't see it?

easjer
06-08-2013, 10:40 PM
New segment with Steve Javie. Hey, still loathe him, go figure! I don't think it's all that wild or crazy. FFS, they hired a recently retired official and started trotting him out during the conference finals. Now they are using him in segments to discuss why some calls are harder than others and what, per the rule book, constitutes an automatic foul versus a judgement call.

It was actually enlightening, though not necessarily in the way they intended, since both spurs_fan_in_exile and I both laughed and said "Yeah, for an automatic foul that is rarely called and frequently happens."

I'm all for some good referee conspiracies, but this is a little paranoid.

UZER
06-08-2013, 10:42 PM
There basically saying breaking down how to officiate post play. Its just got an eerie vibe. Now everyone will he watching what Duncan does in the post.

Not saying its gonna change to officiating, but this is just more ESPN brainwashing viewers with an agenda.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Duncan's first two fouls were shit calls in game 1 already.

I (yes this is dorky), wrote down in a notepad file every blown call I noticed in game 1 (both ways btw). There weren't many, but two were fouls on Duncan, and one was hilariously called wrong in multiple ways (the Wade charge and pass out that was called a blocking foul and a shooting play).

Would not be surprised to see more shitty calls against Duncan. They did it in game 1 already. They did it against the Grizzlies too. . .fuckin 3 fouls in 30 seconds forcing him to sit, then another cheapie foul a minute and a half into him coming back in the 4th to make him sit again too. Only one of those 4 fouls even being actual fouls.

UZER
06-08-2013, 10:44 PM
New segment with Steve Javie. Hey, still loathe him, go figure! I don't think it's all that wild or crazy. FFS, they hired a recently retired official and started trotting him out during the conference finals. Now they are using him in segments to discuss why some calls are harder than others and what, per the rule book, constitutes an automatic foul versus a judgement call.

It was actually enlightening, though not necessarily in the way they intended, since both spurs_fan_in_exile and I both laughed and said "Yeah, for an automatic foul that is rarely called and frequently happens."

I'm all for some good referee conspiracies, but this is a little paranoid.

Its just amazing that they do this shit when the best post player in the series is Duncan. I'll be satisfied when I see the crab dribble segment.

UZER
06-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Duncan's first two fouls were shit calls in game 1 already.

I (yes this is dorky), wrote down in a notepad file every blown call I noticed in game 1 (both ways btw). There weren't many, but two were fouls on Duncan, and one was hilariously called wrong in multiple ways (the Wade charge and pass out that was called a blocking foul and a shooting play).

Would not be surprised to see more shitty calls against Duncan. They did it in game 1 already. They did it against the Grizzlies too. . .fuckin 3 fouls in 30 seconds forcing him to sit, then another cheapie foul a minute and a half into him coming back in the 4th to make him sit again too. Only one of those 4 fouls even being actual fouls.

Game 1 was officiated very well. They're were some bad calls, but for the most part they let them play. Its just weird to throw this segment on before game 2. Its almost as if there saying, "now watch for this cause it might be called and were explaining why its a foul just in case a post player is in foul trouble."

they talked about dislodge players with your shoulder on the second bump. They never talked about this shit when shaq was sending guys in the first row.

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Game 1 was officiated very well. They're were some bad calls, but for the most part they let them play. Its just weird to throw this segment on before game 2. Its almost as if there saying, "now watch for this cause it might be called and were explaining why its a foul just in case a post player is in foul trouble."

I didn't say it wasn't officiated well. I said there weren't many blown calls.

I was saying: of the 5-6 blown calls they did make (both ways), two were fouls on Duncan in the 1st quarter. In other words, 40% of the blown calls were foul calls on Duncan and were in the same quarter early in the game. Duncan's third foul was a cheap brush call too, but technically I can see it being called.

skulls138
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
That second foul on Duncan was just so blatantly wrong, theres no questioning it and I think it was what woke Timmy up. So in that sense I have to be thankful for the bad call.

UZER
06-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I didn't say it wasn't officiated well. I said there weren't many blown calls.

I was saying: of the 5-6 blown calls they did make (both ways), two were fouls on Duncan in the 1st quarter. In other words, 40% of the blown calls were foul calls on Duncan and were in the same quarter early in the game.

I wasn't disagreeing with you man.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2013, 10:54 PM
The most paranoid fanbase in American sports

Kidd K
06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Better than the most spoiled/least knowledgable fanbase in american sports.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm all for some good referee conspiracies, but this is a little paranoid.I keep telling people to don't believe a single word that Steve Javie says. That guy was sent by the Stern and the NBA to defend the refs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPLq6w9x_o

ThaBigFundamental21
06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
I guess we shall see what happens tomorrow. I sure hope the officiating doesn't get stupid. I didn't like the first 2 fouls on Timmy. Especially the "blocking foul" call/charge on Dwayne Wade that went against Tim. Also Leonard picked up 2 in the first Qtr right away. Why doesn't the NBA just let the Spurs play the Heat??? What are they worried about??? If the Heat are that much better than the Spurs, then the refs shouldn't need to call weak fouls against the Spurs.

UZER
06-08-2013, 11:01 PM
The most paranoid fanbase in American sports

:lol yeah right. Have you been to lakersground? I mean there's a reason you're here right.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
I mean there's a reason you're here right.

Yes, to laugh at threads like this.

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Javie did ESPN segments during last year's Finals.

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
:rolleyes

UZER
06-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Ok ok...i calmed down. Maybe over reacted some. Had my phone in hand while watching so didn't have the time to think it through. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Better than the most spoiled/least knowledgable fanbase in american sports.

You have terrible takes, are humorless, and have an androgynous avatar (which suits you). Strong work:tu

DMC
06-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Javie is useless. When asked about the bogus blocking foul given to Tim in the 1st, he balked and referred to the floor. What fucking good is the guy if he isn't going to make any judgement calls? Hell, just write a disclaimer and leave.

The NBA should frown upon using ex officials how they are used by the media. Officials should not be part of the game, they should only be there to officiate. Saying poor calls are part of the game or "that's how they are calling it" in reference to how much contact they are allowing is, in my opinion, accepting the fact that the game is being controlled instead of officiated by league hired officials. A foul in preseason is a foul in regular season is a foul in post season is a foul in the Finals, regardless who does it or when. I hate situational calls and swallowing of the whistle in late game situations. I hate the fact that refs have that edict (they don't decide this themselves) and that the game is tailored to be entertaining instead of competitive. I hate that it's marketed to idiot casual observers instead of real basketball fans.

After this season, I doubt I continue watching it. I don't believe in conspiracies like the OP is trying to start, it's much simpler than that. It's a case of a league having control over the product of the franchise to the point where the outcome can be reasonably suspected to be a farce.

UZER
06-08-2013, 11:40 PM
After this season, I doubt I continue watching it. I don't believe in conspiracies like the OP is trying to start, it's much simpler than that. It's a case of a league having control over the product of the franchise to the point where the outcome can be reasonably suspected to be a farce.

And when that league is in bed with a 24/7 sports network that carries their finals, its easy for conspiracies to gain momentum. Not saying they are necessarily true, but you start watching from a jaded perspective.

DMC
06-08-2013, 11:58 PM
And when that league is in bed with a 24/7 sports network that carries their finals, its easy for conspiracies to gain momentum. Not saying they are necessarily true, but you start watching from a jaded perspective.

It's like being in a relationship with someone you don't trust. Eventually you begin to realize you want that distrust, you thrive on the drama it provides in your life and you spend all this time investigating ways to prove your mistrust to be well founded, even if it's not. Then, if you find out you're wrong about all of it, you still feel slighted because of the turmoil you created in your own mind, you feel you went through an ordeal and you blame her (or him). It's what keeps some people watching the game, they want to prove it's a farce, but they don't want it to be a farce. It's that danger that drags you to the edge of a cliff and forces you to look down when everything else inside you is telling you to go the other way. Basically it's a drug, if you're not in it for the purity of the game itself.

HI-FI
06-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Javie is useless. When asked about the bogus blocking foul given to Tim in the 1st, he balked and referred to the floor. What fucking good is the guy if he isn't going to make any judgement calls? Hell, just write a disclaimer and leave.

The NBA should frown upon using ex officials how they are used by the media. Officials should not be part of the game, they should only be there to officiate. Saying poor calls are part of the game or "that's how they are calling it" in reference to how much contact they are allowing is, in my opinion, accepting the fact that the game is being controlled instead of officiated by league hired officials. A foul in preseason is a foul in regular season is a foul in post season is a foul in the Finals, regardless who does it or when. I hate situational calls and swallowing of the whistle in late game situations. I hate the fact that refs have that edict (they don't decide this themselves) and that the game is tailored to be entertaining instead of competitive. I hate that it's marketed to idiot casual observers instead of real basketball fans.

pretty much this. using the refs as commentators started with the NFL I believe, where they have that one dickface on there (i'm too lazy to look him up, it's the same asshole that defended the fucking tuck rule). The former refs are still company men and just repeat the same shit or explanation, I don't even know why they are out there other than for the league to justify it's bullshit. They all sound like lawyers anyways in their obfuscation.

I'm more into the purity of the game but I think the billionaire owners or Stern don't like leaving shit to chance, so they like to nudge things along. The fact so many of us figure Spurs will lose tomorrow because of how things will be called is bullshit, but expected.

UZER
06-09-2013, 12:15 AM
It's like being in a relationship with someone you don't trust. Eventually you begin to realize you want that distrust, you thrive on the drama it provides in your life and you spend all this time investigating ways to prove your mistrust to be well founded, even if it's not. Then, if you find out you're wrong about all of it, you still feel slighted because of the turmoil you created in your own mind, you feel you went through an ordeal and you blame her (or him). It's what keeps some people watching the game, they want to prove it's a farce, but they don't want it to be a farce. It's that danger that drags you to the edge of a cliff and forces you to look down when everything else inside you is telling you to go the other way. Basically it's a drug, if you're not in it for the purity of the game itself.

Or you're Laker fan whose franchise is rich with all kinds of hook ups and free gifts that they can fuck hot bitches (championships) all the time because of said connections. But when your franchise fucks a hot bitch they're like,"meh, she wasnt THAT hot. And you only got her because I was in the restroom when she walked in!" So they love the NBA.

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 12:17 AM
You have terrible takes, are humorless, and have an androgynous avatar (which suits you). Strong work:tu

My takes are usually accurate and almost always include facts, so I couldn't give a shit less what some ignorant knob like you has to say about them. As for avatars, you have some creepy pedo for an avie. :lmao Talk about throwing stones from a glass house.

Enjoy the fishing and irrelevant Lakers team tiger.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 08:38 AM
My takes are usually accurate and almost always include facts, so I couldn't give a shit less what some ignorant knob like you has to say about them. As for avatars, you have some creepy pedo for an avie. :lmao Talk about throwing stones from a glass house.

Enjoy the fishing and irrelevant Lakers team tiger.

:lolnot knowing Roadhouse
:lolyet another reason to revoke your mancard

ohmwrecker
06-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Roadhouse is an American classic tbh.

"A polar bear fell on me." Genius.

TampaDude
06-09-2013, 09:00 AM

Ah, yes...Brad Wesley...what a world-class douchebag. I would've just shot him in the head in the first half of the movie and been done with it. :lol

trypldubl
06-09-2013, 09:36 AM

Coming from a dude who says he's gonna take a 2 year leave of absense from the forum if the spurs win. What a little bitch....go back downstairs.

:lol competitor

"Roadhouse" - Peter Griffin

SA210
06-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I keep telling people to don't believe a single word that Steve Javie says. That guy was sent by the Stern and the NBA to defend the refs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPLq6w9x_o

:lol dude speaks the truth

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Coming from a dude who says he's gonna take a 2 year leave of absense from the forum if the spurs win. What a little bitch....go back downstairs.

:lol competitor

"Roadhouse" - Peter Griffin
Im the second coming of Christ, so i can do as i please

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 10:53 AM

:depressedSpurs win I gotta leave:depressed

You a pussy.:lol

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 10:55 AM

:cryNot gonna lie:cry, if the unthinkable happens I probably won't sho:cryw up to the NBA or Spurs forum for a coup:cryle years. I just don't think :cryI could handle the tidal wave of greyness. :cry Rival boards are better when the:cry team is losing--the fans are more grounded and less faggy.:cry I'll have to try out finheaven, theggangg:cryreen or maybe patriotsplanet.:cry

:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216303&p=6638204#post6638204

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Who are you, tbh?

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 10:58 AM

19,085 and you join 9 months before me.:lmao

Outside not even once.

Maybe you should just leave now puto.:lol

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Who are you, tbh?

:cryI have a competition in:cry me, I want no one else:cry to succeed

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Who are you, tbh?

Oh for sure...but I honestly and unfortunately really am a Bills fan.

ANd then your talking about the NFL in June. Not just the NFL but the fucking bills. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I have another fanboi:lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:01 AM
ANd then your talking about the NFL in June. Not just the NFL but the fucking bills. :lmao
That's telling me.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I have another fanboi:lol

oh, and thanks a lot Kori for not approving my Christian Szell troll.

Bitch:madrun

And then you want another account because 19,087 in 4 years aint enough. Fucking loser. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Your next step in the gray playbook is to spam random pictures and memes. Don't let me down now.

Btw, it's nice to meet you--it's a pity I haven't heard of you despite being on this site since 2009...I'm sure you have lots of good takes though

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:04 AM
That's telling me.

:cryYes, I'm a sore loser.:cry I admit it though, which is why I'm :crypreemptively letting it known I won't be here (NBA or Spu:cryrs forum) for the bukkake bli:cryss should it happen:cry.

http://hot16sand1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Your next step in the gray playbook is to spam random pictures and memes. Don't let me down now.

Btw, it's nice to meet you--it's a pity I haven't heard of you despite being on this site since 2009...I'm sure you have lots of good takes though

http://hot16sand1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
:lolNow you're going to rinse and repeat and hope it works for you. I can just pull the string in your ass and get the same 10 predictable responses. The cow goes moo.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM

I got something called a life outside spurstalk. Something you know nothing about word to your 19,000 plus post in 4 years.

Also im a BNSF with less post then you.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kobe-laugh.gif

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:09 AM
:lolNow you're going to rinse and repeat and hope it works for you. I can just pull the string in your ass and get the same 10 predictable responses. The cow goes moo.

Not my fault your bitchmade. I mean really you should just leave now. SRS

Thanks for the morning laugh before the game.:lmao:toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:10 AM
You post like a grey--bad jokes, memes and all. The I have a life outside of spurtalk go-to you use is pretty stale too, since I'd venture to say my life is infinitely better than yours--if for nothing else than I live in paradise while you drink from the Riverwalk.:lol

Hotpockets and fat bitches are what you live for.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Not my fault your bitchmade. I mean really you should just leave now. SRS

Thanks for the morning laugh before the game.:lmao:toast
You're so predictable that I called your post before you made it--what does that tell you about your imagination, originality, and creativity? Do you not find it embarrassing that I can read your feeble mind?

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:16 AM
You're so predictable that I called your post before you made it--what does that tell you about your imagination, originality, and creativity? Do you not find it embarrassing that I can read your feeble mind?

Why should I be embarrassed by someone who more than likely has not seen sunlight since 2009.:lmao

Its not only sad you have that many post in 4 years but on a rival forum.:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I keep going to the same line because I have nothing left. Yes, 12 posts a day means you have no time to go outside, work, fuck, or live--get it! So funny and original. Maybe if I keep pissing into the wind with this same line he'll go away!:cry.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Why should I be embarrassed by someone who more than likely has not seen sunlight since 2009.:lmao

Its not only sad you have that many post in 4 years but on a rival forum.:lmao
Called it again:lol

Your lack of creativity is pretty telling...you a minority perchance?

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 11:24 AM
:lol Kool Bob Love is a pussy boy, tbh..

Not only does he have the tendencies of an amateur, such as posting pictures and predictable trolling rebuttals, but he's a fucking bandwagoner, tbh:lol..

I had never heard of this nigga until a few days ago..all of a sudden, with the Spurs in the Finals, he's been posting at a high rate, fucking bandwagon-ass nigga:lol..

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM

I had never heard of this nigga until a few days ago..all of a sudden, with the Spurs in the Finals, he's been posting at a high rate, fucking bandwagon-ass nigga:lol..
Knew it, tbh...an inherent flaw in the black race.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:28 AM

Not only does he have the tendencies of an amateur, such as posting pictures and predictable trolling rebuttals, but he's a fucking bandwagoner, tbh:lol..

Bandwagon but Im a BNSF with LESS post than you? Yeah that makes "cents".:lmao

Im the pussy boy but you still complain even after a Spurs win. Wow.:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Laughing at your own posts doesn't make them funnier. Just a heads up, blood.:tu

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Laughing at your own posts doesn't make them funnier. Just a heads up, blood.

Someones hurt that this "minority" is getting the best of him. Not only you but the Canadian who is about 2,000 miles up north.

I live in San Antonio you moron. I been to more games tthis year than you ever will.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Someones hurt that this "minority" is getting the of him. Not only you but the Canadian who is about 2,000 miles up north. I live in San Antonio.= you moron.
I have a German Shepherd-like sense for sniffing out darkies. The horribly unfunny takes, rinse and repeat posts, memes, and bandwagoning. Why, I think we have us a black man

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Someones hurt that this "minority" is getting the best of him. Not only you but the Canadian who is about 2,000 miles up north.

I live in San Antonio you moron. I been to more games tthis year than you ever will.

You post like a grey--bad jokes, memes and all. The I have a life outside of spurtalk go-to you use is pretty stale too, since I'd venture to say my life is infinitely better than yours--if for nothing else than I live in paradise while you drink from the Riverwalk:lol.

Hotpockets and fat bitches are what you live for.
Called that too, but your minority brain couldn't read it, unsurprisingly

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 11:42 AM

\http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a575/spurs9944/DSCF1570_zpsfd0b9b6e.jpg

PublicOption
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
joey crawford tonight........nba giving miami every chance tonight.

DMC
06-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Or you're Laker fan whose franchise is rich with all kinds of hook ups and free gifts that they can fuck hot bitches (championships) all the time because of said connections. But when your franchise fucks a hot bitch they're like,"meh, she wasnt THAT hot. And you only got her because I was in the restroom when she walked in!" So they love the NBA.

Or it's like you're all alone in a theater during a sex scene and you don't have a jacket, but you are in a dark area so you start fapping. Then the hottest girl you've ever seen sits right down next to you right after you just came and she asks if she can have some of your popcorn. Now what? Now you've wasted your energy on a buttery hand and had you waited for just a few seconds you could have been sharing popcorn with a hottie.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Yeah just sit back on the sidelines. Ol patty mills towel waving ass boy. Come harder next time. (pause)

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 12:29 PM
You going to game 5 scro? I think its pretty clear now you won't have any other plans that day.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 12:54 PM
:lol wow, 3 quotes from him in like an hour..somebody is a little defensive, tbh..

That's a higher volume of posts in 1 hour than he had prior to the Spurs playoff success this year:lol..

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
:lol wow, 3 quotes from him in like an hour..somebody is a little defensive, tbh..

That's a higher volume of posts in 1 hour than he had prior to the Spurs playoff success this year:lol..

You don't get it do you? :wakeup

Look and the picture and THINK. Maybe I dont post much because I work HARD to see the Spurs LIVE? Not on some TV 2,000 miles away. I don't got time to post on here 12 times a day. Time is money. I come here see spurs news then bounce. 20 mins at most. I agree my post count has jump but Im sure yours has as while. Shit even the old STers are coming out of the wood works.:lol

Have you even gone to at least 5 games since you join ST?

Im at the games talking Spurs basketball with real fans. Not bandwagon Canadian fans tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 01:36 PM
You've had time to post 12 times a day since the Spurs' success in the 2013 playoffs, though:lol..

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
You've had time to post 12 times a day since the Spurs' success in the 2013 playoffs, though:lol..

hmm if im not mistaken the Spurs have yet to play one finals game here in SA. You wont be seeing me post DURING games 3 or 4. Im sure you know the reason why.:toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 02:07 PM
You don't get it do you? :wakeup

Look and the picture and THINK. Maybe I dont post much because I work HARD to see the Spurs LIVE? Not on some TV 2,000 miles away. I don't got time to post on here 12 times a day. Time is money.
What kind of shit job do you have that makes you work HARD for dirt-cheap tickets?

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 02:21 PM
$190 for a lower level WCF ticket? Holy hell, CC's plantation slaves could afford that.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
What kind of shit job do you have that makes you work HARD for dirt-cheap tickets?

:lol

Good catch tbh. Fine I work smarter not harder. :tu

$190 for a lower level WCF ticket? Holy hell, CC's plantation slaves could afford that.

Great price for some great seats and game. Worth every penny. :tu

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 06:07 PM

I don't keep a list of creepy old fag faces fresh in my mind to be able to pick them out at a moment's notice like you do, flamer. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
If it was a tranny would you recall it faster?