PDA

View Full Version : Honest Tmac Question

HtownFan(GoSpurs)
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I know we are in the middle of the finals but just curious about other spurs fans opinions...would you rather tmac retire (if you think hes washed up) or have him stick with the spurs and help kwahi leonard out as well as maybe even contribute a little next season?

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2013, 11:18 PM
I know we are in the middle of the finals but just curious about other spurs fans opinions...would you rather tmac retire (if you think hes washed up) or have him stick with the spurs and help kwahi leonard out as well as maybe even contribute a little next season?

Personally, I'd want him to stay on the roster for another season.

exstatic
Retire.

dg7md
I see no reason why he would be a problem playing next year where it's more likely he can get some playing time and get that rust off.

It's way too late in the series now to experiment with Tmac getting some playoff time, but I'd truly like to see what he could do and next season could be a good barometer of that.

jhuan16
06-08-2013, 11:24 PM
He should stay, don't mind having another guy coming of bench that can create offense. We can't rely on Manu to carry the second unit by himself next year.

LarryDavid
06-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Is a pig's pussy pork? Let him retire.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2013, 11:50 PM
If Manu and Duncan don't retire, I'd love to see him come back if he's healthy enough.

exstatic
06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in a suit with a clipboard.

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 07:45 AM
He's not really doing much on court now, so I wouldn't care if he was gone next year.

If he were to somehow actually be in shape and still reasonably useful, then maybe, sure. But I kind of just think back to how bad Michael Finely was, and he literally seemed better than T Mac has this year. Dare I say, even Richard Jefferson has been more useful than T Mac.

I'd rather go another route and look for someone younger tbh. I want our perimter guys to be quick. Not old and slow. I'd take the low bbal IQ Artest over TMac. At least he can provide fairly solid defense still. If Pop forces him to shoot threes all offseason and nails it into his brain when not to jack up shots, he could be a decent asset for another run next year. I can't see TMac being a real asset tbh. He'd just be a fun name for nostalgia. Like a mascot or somethin.

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 08:16 AM
He can help develop Kawhi.

jdiggy0424
06-09-2013, 08:33 AM
at this point in his career he just needs to start working on his towel waving with patty

we need to have someone at the end of the roster thats hungry for playing time and willing to improve, not someone collecting a paycheck

John B
06-09-2013, 08:36 AM
If he's washed-up then you answered your own question. He can help Kawhi in a suit. Personally I like to see him next year. I'm just curious if he still has it. Then again we have to give other veterans chance to get their first ring with the Spurs? Who's next on line anyways? Iverson, Nash, Stockton or Malone?

Captivus
06-09-2013, 08:43 AM
He can help develop Kawhi.

My thoughts exactly. If that's is the case he should stay. Off course he should also be able to play, at least a few minutes.

exstatic
06-09-2013, 10:02 AM
He can help develop Kawhi in a suit, carrying a clipboard. No need to waste a roster spot.

Chomag
06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
For the vet min, I wouldnt mind seeing what he can do after a full training camp with the Spurs.

JR3
06-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I would rather not waste a roster spot on him. We need to start grooming young talent to take over when Duncan and ginobili retire. That is a valuable spot for the spurs and a young prospect to learn from the best.

Darkwaters
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
He really hasn't played this year, so I have no way to determine if hes worthwhile or not. But I know that a couple of seasons ago he looked respectable as a 10-15 minute guy off the bench.

If he can provide that 10-15 minute role he'd have value. But then again, we're going to have some money to spend on a backup SF, and TMac can develop Kawhi on the bench...as an Asst Coach. So, hes not a horrible option. But hes probably not my first choice.

coachmac87
06-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd like the Spurs give him an invite to camp and see where it goes from there...

ginobilized
06-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Tmac is an elite passer, that is his greatest skill of benefit to the Spurs. Might depend on how the Finals go and what Ginobili decides.
Not sure if Tmac's athleticism, or lack thereof, would be helpful next season.

HEBsteaks
06-09-2013, 12:06 PM
At this point, we don't really know what he can bring to the team. His few garbage minutes aren't enough to go on. If there was anything to take from there, is that he is potentially a big body that can rebound, play some defense, and be a good passer that is smart with ball. Can he still shoot? I would assume so. What more could you want?

He might not have the ability to be the young T-Mac that can be the star or a starter on the team, but the Spurs aren't asking him to be that. With his tools, he may be a good bench player on the 2nd unit. We have seen that unit struggle many times to produce anything. It reminds me of Manu's situation, at this point of his career with age and injuries, he might not be a great starter, but as a bench player, they could be considered a great option.

I don't know what the Spurs are looking at when it comes to the future, but the team has Baynes, Splitter, CoJo and DeColo. Along with Blair, Neal, Mills, Bonner and Diaw. Who stays? Who doesn't? T-Mac could possibly be a great bench option, so I'm up for bringing him back next season. As some of you mentioned, he could teach something to Kawhi, which would all be a bonus.

SpursDynasty21
06-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I think it would be cool to see TMac come back to the Spurs next season.

Beaverfuzz
06-09-2013, 12:30 PM
TMac, get into shape, then we'll talk.

Richie
06-09-2013, 12:38 PM
If he's willing to play a limited role, 10-15mpg next year, I'd happily see him take Neals minutes.

SnakeBoy
06-09-2013, 04:03 PM
He's only 34, supposedly healthier than he has been in years. I think the Spurs are a good fit for him and that he could be a valuable role player. I hope he stays.

DJR210
06-09-2013, 04:11 PM
He can help develop Kawhi in a suit, carrying a clipboard. No need to waste a roster spot.

LMAO. This.