PDA

View Full Version : I refuse to be satisfied with the split !

polandprzem
06-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Yup as we all know the split is what makes you satisfied when on the road when in the playoffs. But right now and as I said before. we need to hit Heat quick and get rid of them as fast as possible.
Miami is more then capable of coming back to series and even win 4 straight when losing 0-3. Now a pissed of LeBron will do everything that's possible to get the win. We were able to contest him and work for every point. he made an effort on boards but overall he could not get going. He will try to force things now.

Spurs from the get go in game 1 looked rusty but aggressive enough to keep up in AAA with the heat. They were playing better and better as the game progressed esp. on D Miami had no easy shots. Of course the spurs always concentrating on the biggest threat and that's why others can step up and produce. Guys like allen or Bosh or Haslem etc. In some way James knew it and was passing the ball more then he used to but not much movement form his guys as he used to say caused the spurs to hold their opponent. And as long as it stays that way spurs are on a way to win 5th. And yup LeBron's Heat are Lebron's Heat. The spurs are the spurs a collective that runs like a machine. And when they click the chemistry is fantastic and every play looks perfect.
I wonder what kind of stuff Florida guys gonna play in game 2, all in all it depends on james how much he will allow others to play the game.

last year I lost faith in the spurs after the choking job I said that I do not believe in those spurs and that last year was the last chance for them.
You shut down parker you shut down Spurs! And that was the truth.
That's why Miami is so dangerous, just because of their defense on pnr and make traps and shutting that first pass lane. But after OKC series after Pop said that a COTY should not lose 4 in a row he came back stronger. Put more pressure on D again and along with TP he worked on pnr offense against kind of defense Miami plays. It seems to workout the first game when he was absolutely patient with it and was not turning the ball over and what;s more, he did not hold the flow of the offensive schemes. Crucial!

Game 1 - Miami were tired taht's why they lost I hear the excuse.
Hmm but why the spurs should not be tired as well. After 10 days layoff it's more then sure ppl gonna feel the intensity of the first game after the break. Even Pop IMO with irony told that both team were tired. Also he said that the Spurs are not Tonys team or Tim's team. They are just TEAM.

Of course Miami can play better in game 2. And I feel LJ's concerns b4 the series. But well the spurs must stay sharp! And sharp from the getgo. Play elite D from the 1st whistle.
USE TD more on low block. dominate there and open more 3pts opportunities all in all spurs can kill other teams from long distance. last game I though at some point it was played too much as we must IMO make it a big ball rather then guards game. And if we can stay under 10 turnover and hit the board more, hit with higher % we should be fine.
We need that game 2! We need that win. For the spurs for the City of San Antionio and for me. To be satisfied after two games after what I hear was a Miami loss more then spurs win. After cocky james and his cocky fans. Get that second one and put Miami james Heat to it's misery.

:flag:

chapnis
06-09-2013, 05:32 AM
cool.

Johnny RIngo
06-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Uh, teams in our position(road teams that won game one) have only won game two 11% of the time in NBA history. Expect a loss tonight.

polandprzem
06-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Uh, teams in our position(road teams that won game one) have only won game two 11% of the time in NBA history. Expect a loss tonight.

There is still a reason to play game 2 IMO.

And sense that we can do it. In the season well that's just me I though when pop sat down his core players he already knew how to play Miami. That's why he did not care much about that 250k game.

It's all about effort now. And make 11% go up in history.

BillMc
06-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Unless we will win all our home games, we're going to have to win one more in Miami. Might as well do it now.

TimmyDuncan21
06-09-2013, 06:21 AM

Spurs will win tonight and I dont care about your 11% :flag:

tuncaboylu
06-09-2013, 06:26 AM
I believe that refs also will give a hand to Miami tonight.

We should keep our calm and stay close until the end. Our players are more clutch than Miami, our coach is better than theirs in that case and pressure in on their shoulders. If we stay close till the end, I'm very sure that we will come back with 2-0 advantage.

TimmyDuncan21
06-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Yes the refs could play a huge role tonight...:bang

capek
06-09-2013, 09:55 AM
let's get this ish :ihit

davidbowie
06-09-2013, 10:05 AM
damn i sorta forgot there was a game tonight lol

guess ill be stressed all day now

go spurs go :flag:

SA210
06-09-2013, 10:05 AM
3 concerns.

Refs
Pop plays Bonner/Neal
Leaving shooters wide open

Hopefully Spurs play well enough to overcome all of that. Get Game 2.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 10:26 AM
homer on Spurstalk checking in

I agree OP. We sweeping the heatPERIOD

Proxy
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
One win is enough, tbh

ironman2886
06-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Spurs win game 2 if...
-Spurs limit turnovers
-Spurs maintain ball movement. I think shots will start falling more(Spurs will get open looks all game if they over commit on Parker.)
-Spurs play solid defense like they have been in the playoffs

I understand some fans will be pessimistic in game 2(Miami has a great record after losses,) but thank God the spurs don't think getting a split is good enough. No doubt Pop told them to have the mentality they are down 0-1. I think the Spurs are confident right now. They played ok in game one, and eventually got going in the 4th quarter. Spurs are able to be in games no matter how many points they go down, and that's refreshing. Follow the game plan, and play hard. Like Pop always says, "Basketball is simple."

Pound the rock
06-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I just get annoyed about taking for granted that Heat should win game two, just because of what NBA history dicates after a game one loss in finals or the Heats history of coming back game one loss. Why must the Spurs follow the script and expect to lose? They did good work in the 4th of game 1, let's carry that over in game 2 and let's get greedy and take game 2.

Screw the odds and history, let's rewrite history

phxspurfan
06-09-2013, 11:31 AM
you will be

BackHome
06-09-2013, 11:31 AM
The team that wants it the most is the team that will win. The Spurs gotta come out with some passion or should I say "NASTY" attitude and be diving and fighting for the ball all night. If we do that and don't turn the ball over then Yeah we going to win...:)

MeloHype
06-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I wanna sweep these clowns

gameFACE
06-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Seeing that last year the Spurs ended up on the lower percentage of teams that lose after being up 2-0, I hope they can reverse that and be in that 11% someone mentioned above about winning the second game. It's a possibility but super tough against Miami. The only thing I see is that the Spurs seem really driven this year and are open about it. It's possible.

Beaverfuzz
06-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Have to win 2 out of 3 at home. Otherwise it won't matter about the split.

superjames1992
06-09-2013, 12:33 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

HEBsteaks
06-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I expect LeBron to try and be more aggressive this game, and I'm sure the Spurs do as well. What if that plays right into the Spurs game plan? It could eliminate team ball and make him tired. He mentioned he was tired in the 4th, when only scoring 18 total. Now imagine what 30 might do? He might score more points, but that could mean less assists and rebounds.

The Spurs can do worse: Turnovers - Better: Kawhi and Tiago offensively. Rebounds. Guarding 3pt shooters. Shooting %.

Like in game 1, this can go either way. 50/50. Both teams will adjust. I liked what I saw from the Spurs and I think they can win again.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Agree. Given how formidable a team the Heat are, a 2-0 series lead is more of a necessity than a luxury.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I just get annoyed about taking for granted that Heat should win game two, just because of what NBA history dicates after a game one loss in finals or the Heats history of coming back game one loss. Why must the Spurs follow the script and expect to lose? They did good work in the 4th of game 1, let's carry that over in game 2 and let's get greedy and take game 2.

Agree. The Spurs have been defying odds for years anyway.

Historically, most teams that take a 2-0 series lead, end up losing one or more games in that series, right? Yet, this year and last, the Spurs had 2-0 series leads over the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers and Grizzlies........and proceeded to finish out a sweep each time.

wildcardX
06-09-2013, 12:45 PM
If the Spurs play their offensive game the shots will start falling and they should be in better rhythm. They HAVE to keep that intensity on defense and limit Miami's fast breaks. Miami will probably come storming out, the Spurs must match that aggression. Out play them, out hustle them, play like it's a must win for them.

Sean Cagney
06-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Don't get upset if it is a loss tonight is my thinking, but I will hope for a victory and some sort of miracle to happen.

unforeseen
06-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Spurs lose tonight. I guarantee it.

DarrinS
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM

I know what you mean.

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I agree. No time for rest go all out like it's a must-win game.

06-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Every game is crucial in the playoffs. The Spurs don't need anyone telling them they need to win tonight's game.

TimmyDuncan21
06-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Every game is crucial in the playoffs. The Spurs don't need anyone telling them they need to win tonight's game.

Coach Pop is that you?? Pop?? lol

BadOne
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
:lol

http://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

DMC
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I going to bring my A game tonight. If I do that, we likely win.

polandprzem
06-09-2013, 03:32 PM
The sign that the spurs can do it is that kept composure all playoffs long. They did swept very tough Grizzlies team. They won 4 straight without mental break, they did not let themselves feel too comfortable and that was the key to victories when simply odds were not on their side.

So keep crossing the fingers guys.
If the spurs gonna be agressive and force LeBron to play and try to beat the spurs by himself, we gonna be okay.

polandprzem
06-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Off the window

I have no idea why the spurs collapsed so easily. Manu, Neal, Duncan, Diaw, Splitter, and defense was bad as hell

96-79
102-71

milkyway21
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Coach Pop is that you?? Pop?? lol :lol