PDA

View Full Version : Hornets: Bobcats offering #4 pick for Bosh

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Eye on Basketball @EyeOnBasketball (https://twitter.com/EyeOnBasketball) Report: Bobcats looking to acquire Chris Bosh in trade for No.4 pick. http://cbsprt.co/118PBjW (http://t.co/wLqlP2WyOF) Guess they need a 3-point shooter.

:rollin you cannot make this shit up

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
MJ needs to get the hell away from this franchise, dude is just clueless.....

td4mvp2k
06-09-2013, 02:14 PM
MJ needs to get the hell away from this franchise, dude is just clueless.....

Raven
06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
bosh is actually an interesting fit with bismack byombo.. but so is cody zeller tbh, just build through the draft geez..

jeebus
06-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't trade the 4 pick for any scrub on the Heat

blah blah blah
06-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't see how this is a bad move like y'all are saying?

Bosh was a 24 and 11 player the year before he left to Miami to take a lesser role. with this year's draft being considered 'weak' why not get an all star type player instead and just wait for next year? Is there anybody in this draft who will put up those type of numbers in the NBA?

SupremeGuy
06-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Bosh was a 24 and 11 player the year before he left to Miami to take a lesser role. with this year's draft being considered 'weak' why not get an all star type player instead and just wait for next year? Is there anybody in this draft who will put up those type of numbers in the NBA?blah blah blah, tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 02:46 PM
blah blah blah, tbh.

:lol

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 02:52 PM

Bosh was a 24 and 11 player the year before he left to Miami to take a lesser role. with this year's draft being considered 'weak' why not get an all star type player instead and just wait for next year? Is there anybody in this draft who will put up those type of numbers in the NBA?
Bosh at his absolute best isn't worth a top 5 pick, even in a weak draft, unless it's like 2000 bad.... in today's draft-oriented era of team-building, unless I'm getting LeBron, Durant, or CP3 in return, I wouldn't even consider trading a high lottery pick, tbh....

The Bobcats would immediately become a treadmill team when they should be tanking for Wiggins....

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 02:53 PM
blah blah blah, tbh.

:lol..

Bosh is 29 years old with a huge contract, and his ceiling is a #1 guy on a first round team in the East, if he's happy and motivated, which isn't a given if he's playing for the Bobcats..

It doesn't make sense for the Bobcats to trade high picks, even in a shitty draft year, for a top 20 player that won't be happy to play for your team..they should continue building their team around young players and develop a niche, tbh..

Find a niche and attitude for your team, build around MKG and tank for Wiggins..

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
This is actually a good move. They need an All Star badly. Plus, MJ is pretty horrible in drafting players.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 03:01 PM
This is actually a good move. They need an All Star badly. Plus, MJ is pretty horrible in drafting players.
What do they need an All-Star for? They ain't winning shit with Bosh and garbage, and it's not like the mid-2000's Raptors were some shining example of greatness to imitate.....

They're much better off tanking for next year's stacked draft, tbh....

CGD
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Not a bad more tbh. Heat are going to have to do something given their shitty cap situation next year, as well as pray that James doesn't leave. What better way than a pick, and money to get a solid (though not all star) big-man role player.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Damn trade talk during the NBA finals. MJ doesn't want Bron to win tbh. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Bosh isn't going to help their attendance and he doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, even in the East..I don't see how it's a good move, tbh..

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 03:10 PM
:lol @ tanking for Wiggins. So what happens if they don't land the 1st pick? Tank again until the next big hype arrives? This same mentality has doomed the Clippers for about 2 decades :lol Also, the Cats are in no position to be a shittier team even if they try. They actually have some good players as it is. They hired Steve Cliford which is highly endorsed by SVG and Thibs so you know (given their budget and MJ's frugal ways) they want to make an impression

Bosh is worth the 4th pick in this weak ass draft.

jermaine
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't trade the 4 pick for any scrub on the Heat

Bosh is no scrub. He's lost himself with the Heat, but he's not a scrub by far. He's from Dallas Tx too cuz. I'm cosigning this dude.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
The person who reported the story is from boston. Seems legit.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
:lol @ tanking for Wiggins. So what happens if they don't land the 1st pick?
Then they draft Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Harrison, etc....

They might not get Wiggins, but they HAVE TO try if they want the franchise to seriously contend, since they're not getting a franchise-changer through FA or trades.... and with how loaded next year's draft is, it's not even a risk....

Tank again until the next big hype arrives? This same mentality has doomed the Clippers for about 2 decades :lol
Drafting Gordon and Griffin turned out pretty well for us, tbh.... much better than doing stupid shit like trading lottery picks for overpaid vets like Gerald Wallace and Bosh :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Then they draft Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Harrison, etc....

Drafting Gordon and Griffin turned out pretty well for us, tbh.... much better than doing stupid shit like trading lottery picks for overpaid vets like Gerald Wallace and Bosh :lol

Griffin was the exception. Gordon, not so sure considering he's injury prone. If anything, the Clippers dodged a bullet by not retaining him.

Did you just compared Gerald Wallace to Chris Bosh? :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Whatevs. You guys can disagree. Bosh is a established star playing our of position and role in Miami. Heck, drop Wade and run the offense on Bosh and Lebron and I bet they still make the Finals. Bosh is guaranteed 20 and 10 even if he's soft on all corners.

My bottomline. This years Top 4th pick is worth getting an All Star still in his prime. Forget the development BS. Cats are horrible in that department. They need a bigger name than Biyombo, Henderson and Walker to get some fans. True, they won't sold out every game but its a start.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Gordon was a great pick because it enabled the Clippers to eventually trade for a legitimate superstar, tbh.... wouldn't have been possible without tanking....

Gerald Wallace isn't as good as Bosh, but the pick the Nets traded wasn't as high as the one the Bobcats might trade.... my point is that trading a potential franchise-changer on a cheap contract for a known non-franchise-changing quantity with a big contract is retarded....

Fans aren't going to rush out and buy tickets for a treadmill team with a mid-level "star" like Bosh as their franchise player anymore.... fans are smarter nowadays and realize that tanking is better than riding the treadmill, tbh....

capek
06-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Damn trade talk during the NBA finals. MJ doesn't want Bron to win tbh. :lmao

:lol you might have hit on it. MJ just trolling his main successor.

Reck
06-09-2013, 03:31 PM
If this was an attempt at stopping Lebron from winning anything then add to the failure as a CEO of his shitty franshise.

This does nothing in terms of stopping Lebron. They'll just insert someone like Anderson in the starting 5 and they might even just be better off. :lol

gnsf0946
06-09-2013, 03:34 PM
If this was an attempt at stopping Lebron from winning anything then add to the failure as a CEO of his shitty franshise.

This does nothing in terms of stopping Lebron. They'll just insert someone like Anderson in the starting 5 and they might even just be better off. :lol

If they traded Bosh for Bonner they'd probably be better off as well :lmao

Texas_Ranger
06-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Good move for Miami, they get rid of Chris's contract, get a young prospect and sign a guy that can produce just as good as Bosh.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 03:37 PM
MJ letting this shit out during the Finals to fuck with Miami's chemistry.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Gordon was a great pick because it enabled the Clippers to eventually trade for a legitimate superstar, tbh.... wouldn't have been possible without tanking....

Gerald Wallace isn't as good as Bosh, but the pick the Nets traded wasn't as high as the one the Bobcats might trade.... my point is that trading a potential franchise-changer on a cheap contract for a known non-franchise-changing quantity with a big contract is retarded....

Fans aren't going to rush out and buy tickets for a treadmill team with a mid-level "star" like Bosh as their franchise player anymore.... fans are smarter nowadays and realize that tanking is better than riding the treadmill, tbh....

Considering what the Lakers initially offered which was garbage plus more salary for NOH, Clippers couldve still landed CP3 with or without Gordon tbh.

The lottery is that. A lottery, meaning every team takes its chances, higher picks doesn't generally translate success. The Lillard trade was a reversal of luck for Portland and Billy King is one of the dumbest GM, if this draft was stacked, its a no brainer. You keep the pick, but 2013 is one of the weakest tbth.

Listen, the 4th pick is not worth keeping in this draft, especially not at the expense of acquiring an All Star player. Historically, Jordan is awful at drafting players and I could see him and Cho actually agreeing to this. (Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Jared Jeffries, Alex Ajinca :lol) There's no potential franchise changer in this draft. This is not 84, 93, 95, 97, 2003. heck I don't even know if this draft is as good as 2001.

Cho though decent is also a flunky. He's no good in evaluating talent. He picked Biyombo passing up on Kawhi Leonard, Farried, Klay Thompson and even Vucevic.

When you're the Bobcats. You grab every opportunity to get a proven star. Tanking for next season is a huge risk considering its not guaranteed you'll land Wiggins. And as a fan of the Clippers before Blake was even drafted, I know first and foremost that buying a mid level star can do wonders for attendance.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
And I also don't get the mid-level star argument. Bosh is an established star. While he may not get you sold out season tickets like Kobe, Dirk Lebron, Cp3/Blake and Rose to name a few, he's known to put butts in a hockey town like Toronto. The Raptors ranked 13th, 9th, 10 and 14th in attendance during Chris Bosh' last 4 years. They immediately dropped to 19th and 18th the following season.

rayjayjohnson
06-09-2013, 04:27 PM
don't trust anything coming from those CBS faggots matt moore dicks and zach harp-on

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 04:28 PM
It wouldn't be a bad trade in this shit draft if next year wasn't such a great draft to tank for.

Scrub
06-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Don't see anything outrageous in this proposed trade, tbh, except that it doesn't really help either team mid/long term. Why would Miami want a rookie project in Lebron's prime, and when Wade only has a year or two in him? Bosh is their only "big" that can catch the ball. In fact I don't think Riley would trade Bosh straight up for the Cavs 1st pick. Assuming first pick will be Noel, how could he help the Heat win titles in the next two years? Or any other rookie in this year's class for that matter.

Anyway I've read some rumours about Cavs wanting to trade 1st pick for LaMarcus Aldridge. That's a more intriguing trade for both teams, imho...who would win it if it were to happen?

Trill Clinton
06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
It wouldn't be a bad trade in this shit draft if next year wasn't such a great draft to tank for.

this.

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Both teams get worse, tbh.

Bobcats get a star player, but they will be stuck in the 8-11 seed range and be an average team most likely until they blow it all up and start rebuilding again, Miami drafting someone that would be a great player right off the bat in this draft is highly unlikely while the Bobcats would have the time to develop their young guys further to get some chemistry..

I'd do it rather for a future pick than this year's, rather get nothing in return for a year to draft a decent player instead of drafting some average scrub, tbh.

TheCultOfPersonality
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Chris Bosh = Byron Mullens with talent.

With that said, the Bobcats do need a starting level PF and C on their roster because the ones they have on their roster are mainly garbage time caliber players.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Anyway I've read some rumours about Cavs wanting to trade 1st pick for LaMarcus Aldridge.

There's also been rumors of the Wizards possibly trading their pick to the Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova :lol

Shit like this explains why the Cavs, Bobcats, and Wizards are always in the lottery.... why take on salary and make yourself a 7th-to-10th seeded team in the short term when next year's draft is so loaded?

jimbo
06-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Tbh teams can still trade for a star player and tank. Kyrie Irving's "injuries".

Trade for Bosh, have him be "injured" all year, then draft whoever you want in the next draft.

AussieFanKurt
06-09-2013, 06:15 PM
good way to go backwards I guess

Rogue
06-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Heat won't accept the trade though. Even if you get the #1 pick there will still be a chance that you get a flop (like 02, 05, 06 and 07). The Heat are an established team in win-now mode and Bosh is probably even more important than wade to this team, dude's a bit underrated/overshadowed playing alongside bron and wade. the Heat often lose more games w/o bosh than if they play w/o bron or wade.

TheSullyMonster
06-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Bosh isn't going to help their attendance and he doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, even in the East..I don't see how it's a good move, tbh..

The bucks made the playoffs at 38-44.