PDA

View Full Version : Late to the Party

J.T.
06-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm watching the original 1984 Terminator movie for the first time right now.

What did you show up late to the party for?

Reck
06-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Shame on you.

Funny thing is I say that alot to quite a few people. You'd be amazed at how many people still haven't seen at least one Star Wars movie. Just pure shameful. lol

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 02:19 PM
I watch at least a few movies a week, but I've still never seen:

- The Matrix
- Any Star Wars movies
- 6th Sense
- Braveheart
- Apocalypse Now
- Raiders of the Last Ark
- Mission Impossible
- Last Samurai
- Alien
- Big Lebowski
- 12 Monkeys
- Kill Bill

johnsmith
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Facebook. I didn't have one until last year and then got tired of it within 6 months.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I didn't see The Goonies till a couple years ago

J.T.
06-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Facebook. I didn't have one until last year and then got tired of it within 6 months.

Facebook is quite lame, in my opinion. I use it, but I don't use my real name on my profile (most of my friends know this) and I definitely wouldn't have one if it wasn't the only way for me to stay in touch with a few people I'll likely not see for years at a time.

And I had already seen the movie, but a buddy of mine started watching that TV show "Community." I watched the most recent season with him again once he got to that point, and when they did the Shawshank parody episode, he had not seen that movie. Blew my mind.

My mother's third husband (they are divorced now, duh) hadn't seen Star Wars back when they were together. Against my command, he watched them in order and couldn't even finish the prequel trilogy. Fucking retard.

jeebus
06-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Kill Bill, Clerks, Avatar..haven't seen these yet. I'm sure there are others.

CubanSucks
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM

- The Matrix
- Any Star Wars movies
- 6th Sense
- Braveheart
- Apocalypse Now
- Mission Impossible
- Last Samurai
- Alien
- Big Lebowski
- 12 Monkeys
- Kill Bill

What the fuck is wrong with you? What shit have you been watching?

I didn't see The Goonies till a couple years ago

average movie, big deal

SupremeGuy
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM

- The Matrix
- Any Star Wars movies
- 6th Sense
- Braveheart
- Apocalypse Now
- Mission Impossible
- Last Samurai
- Alien
- Big Lebowski
- 12 Monkeys
- Kill BillLebowski and 12 Monkeys are overrated. Do yourself a favor and watch the rest though; except for the last 3 SW films and the last two Matrix movies, fuck that shit.

ohmwrecker
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
The Big Lebowski is not overrated tbh.

Reck
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you? What shit have you been watching?

average movie, big deal

What's with you and telling people they suck because they dont have a fucking Lord of the Ring fetish. Chill the fuck out.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 03:45 PM
CubanSucks definitely LARPs

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Kill Bill, Clerks, Avatar..haven't seen these yet. I'm sure there are others.
Save yourself the two hours of pollution bad animal rape cinema.

Seriously there's animal rape in it.

Also in before some stupid blues shit crappy youtube video nobody will watch

J.T.
06-09-2013, 03:48 PM
CubanSucks definitely LARPs

Yup.

In other news, Terminator was dope. Will watch T2 later tonight after the game.

jeebus
06-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Save yourself the two hours of pollution bad animal rape cinema.

Seriously there's animal rape in it.

Also in before some stupid blues shit crappy youtube video nobody will watch
yeah that's one movie I'll never go out of my way to watch. while a lot of people I know said it's great, I've heard from too many fellow movie buffs that it sucks

Yup.

In other news, Terminator was dope. Will watch T2 later tonight after the game.
have you seen the other terminators?

Reck
06-09-2013, 04:04 PM
JT watch T2 then stop there imo. The rest blow chunks.

Avante
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Tom Waits.

While I knew he existed, I had never really gotten into his music. It was just a few years ago I was sent a CD by an internet friend, she had him on there. That was 14 CD's ago, and his book. Amazing stuff and he's been around since the 70's.

CubanSucks
06-09-2013, 04:28 PM
What's with you and telling people they suck because they dont have a fucking Lord of the Ring fetish. Chill the fuck out.

Or because he said he watches a few movies a week and posted a long list of awesome movies he hasn't seen. It's not as if you can't watch whatever you want for free thanks to the internet. LotR has nothing to do with it, jizz stain

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Sherlock, if you haven't watched it on Netdflix you should. CBS ripped it off like they ripped off BBC like they ripped Psych from USA

Trill Clinton
06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
daft punk

J.T.
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
have you seen the other terminators?

Just the original, which I literally just watched today.

JT watch T2 then stop there imo. The rest blow chunks.

Even the Christian Bale one?

Reck
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Or because he said he watches a few movies a week and posted a long list of awesome movies he hasn't seen. It's not as if you can't watch whatever you want for free thanks to the internet. LotR has nothing to do with it, jizz stain

No I'm pretty sure its because you think everyone should be watching CGI and fantasy movies along with your nerd ass.

resistanze
06-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Didn't watch Star Wars and Pulp Fiction until a couple of years ago.

Reck
06-09-2013, 04:43 PM

Even that one.

Sucks less than the 3rd one but still not worth watching.

You'd get alot more pleasure watching Bale's epic meltdown with the lighting guy. :lol

jeebus
06-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Just the original, which I literally just watched today.

oh word. T2 is fucking awesome, so you'll like that.

and since it's your first time, go ahead and watch all of them. we all watched T3, we all were disappointed. the Bale one isn't as bad as that one but it's not as good as 2. plus if you have the bluray copy, you get to see some tits.

z0sa
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
I have seen maybe 10 movies released post 2007 tbh so most of the most recent ones

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 06:23 PM
The Wire

CubanSucks
06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
No I'm pretty sure its because you think everyone should be watching CGI and fantasy movies along with your nerd ass.

:lmao ouch!

CuckingFunt
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I was sent a CD by an internet friend

Adorbs.

Rogue
06-09-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm kind of similar to JT. First time I watched the T-1 was like the same month last year, to be quite honest, watched T-3 as early as 2003 though, not too long after the movie was released.

I watched A LOT of classic movies last year for the first times which included Rambo series, Saving private Ryan and of course, those movies with my goddess in such as IronMan, the island and the Avengers

redzero
06-09-2013, 08:31 PM
T2 is a masterpiece.

JudynTX
06-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Shame on you.

Funny thing is I say that alot to quite a few people. You'd be amazed at how many people still haven't seen at least one Star Wars movie. Just pure shameful. lol

I've never watched it. :D

But to answer the question, I was late to: The Sopranos, Six Feet Under and SpursTalk

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Still haven't seen Cap, Thor, or the Avengers. Going further back further ET, Apocalypse Now, and The Godfather are probably the three biggest. They all eclipsed a certain pop culture threshold where they get referenced so often in other works that rather than feeling compelled to go watch them I feel like I've already seen them.

Joyrider
06-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Started watching Breaking Bad during Season 5 and now own all seasons, about 6 shirts and planning to make a pilgrimage to Albuquerque to check out some of the locations in August before the last episodes.

oh crap
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
yeah, i was late on breaking bad too. don't know what took so long. and i just saw django unchained last week.