PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Dwight Howard will have a monster year..

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 02:06 PM
..in 2013-2014, tbh..

Book that shit, bump this thread in 9 months, tbh..

Splits
06-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Quantify. He can average 25 & 15, most people would consider that "monster". But another 1st round exit via Houston, Dallas, or missing the playoffs with the L:lolkers, would his year still be considered "monster"?

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 02:12 PM
If he has an IQ above Koolaidman's level, he will join the Rockets and they'll be a WCF-level team, tbh..

Mugen
06-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Agree. He'll be healthy, motivated, and won't have the distractions of LA messin' with his monkey brain tbh.

DMC
06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Dwight will stay in LA. He's not a Houston type of guy. He's more of a spotlight type of guy, and LA is where the spotlight lives. Kobe will be retiring sooner than later and if Dwight sticks around he could become the face of the Lakers. He'd likely choose that over being the face of the Rockets.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
This is an easy prediction tbh. After a tumultuous season and not being 100% in a reduced role, anything after that would look "monstrous" in contrast. Give us some numbers at least and predict how his team will shape up (LA or HOU) next season.

jeebus
06-09-2013, 02:34 PM
He'll have a monster year for sure if he stays in LA. Kirby will be a shell of his former self so someone has to throw up shitty shots.

StrengthAndHonor
06-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Dwight will stay in LA. He's not a Houston type of guy. He's more of a spotlight type of guy, and LA is where the spotlight lives. Kobe will be retiring sooner than later and if Dwight sticks around he could become the face of the Lakers. He'd likely choose that over being the face of the Rockets.

But the spotlight does not really point at him and he desperately want it. The Lakers is still Kobe's team for at least 2 years. Do you think the guy likes playing at Staples where fans only acknowledges Kobe? (MVP! MvP!)

He wont even be the second or possibly third most popular player in LA.

DMC
06-09-2013, 02:39 PM
If he stays in LA, he'll have a great year until Kobe regains his confidence and his legs, then it'll be rebound and kick out, clank FTs time. Kobe will chuck until he's benched. That you can bump for sure.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 02:39 PM

:lol at Kobe retiring anytime soon.

DMC
06-09-2013, 02:46 PM
:lol at Kobe retiring anytime soon.

He will one way or the other. The Lakers have a history of fielding winning teams, by hook or by crook, and the new contract he will be offered won't be acceptable to him. That's all the Lakers will give however, so he'll either go elsewhere or Spree himself out of the league.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 02:47 PM
He will one way or the other. The Lakers have a history of fielding winning teams, by hook or by crook, and the new contract he will be offered won't be acceptable to him. That's all the Lakers will give however, so he'll either go elsewhere or Spree himself out of the league.

This is Jim Buss Lakers now. Unless he gets killed off like Caesar, he will continue to run them into the ground.

DMC
06-09-2013, 02:56 PM
This is Jim Buss Lakers now. Unless he gets killed off like Caesar, he will continue to run them into the ground.

It's not Buss, it's Kobe. Buss isn't going to offer him a max contract and Kobe probably won't play for Tim Duncan money.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Jimbo Buss will cave in immediately to everything Kirby demands.... he'll still be giving $30mil/year contracts to a 50-year-old Kirby if he's ordered to :lol

JRHernandez88
06-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Agreed Dwight going to dominate next year, we still gonna tap that ass regardless so it doesn't matter tbh

jimbo
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
This is an easy prediction tbh. After a tumultuous season and not being 100% in a reduced role, anything after that would look "monstrous" in contrast. Give us some numbers at least and predict how his team will shape up (LA or HOU) next season.

20-15 and 4th seed for the Rockets imo

I don't think he's the guy who'll ever hit 25ppg

Drewlius
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Dwight plays with far too much emotion. It's not always a bad thing, if it's controlled. When I watch him I honestly feel like he's always just concerned with how people think he is perceived, and it hurts his game.

Rogue
06-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Unless he joins a team where he doesn't get used as a monkey and a nanny alongside the ass of a chucker/ballhog. Dude can join the mavs and next year will be a guaranteed bounce-back for him, doubt he has enough brain to make the right decision though

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 01:37 AM
..in 2013-2014, tbh..

Book that shit, bump this thread in 9 months, tbh..

Hmmmmmm

HI-FI
02-20-2014, 01:37 AM
:lol

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 01:39 AM

You're not always wrong but when you are.....fucking hell.

sook
02-20-2014, 01:41 AM
I haven't liked Harlem's jerking way as of late, but you have to appreciate the dude's analysis tbh

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 01:44 AM
I haven't liked Harlem's jerking way as of late, but you have to appreciate the dude's analysis tbh

I just can't give a Canadian his do. Just doesn't feel right. Basketball is all he's got.

spurraider21
02-20-2014, 02:05 AM
yep. my sentiments exactly

RsxPiimp
02-20-2014, 03:12 AM
Dmc with the bads:lol

Thebesteva
02-20-2014, 03:18 AM

To be fair to DMC, he wrote that while listening to 30 seconds to mars while he was cutting himself

spurraider21
02-20-2014, 03:23 AM
on kobe retiring

:lol dmc underestimating fredo

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM

Right, and every writer at ESPN predicted the Lakers in the WCF last season.

Howard isn't even happy in Houston. Maybe he'd prefer a Kevin Love type spot where he gets big numbers with no pressure to make the post season.

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
on kobe retiring

:lol dmc underestimating fredo

Philo

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:07 AM
To be fair to DMC, he wrote that while listening to 30 seconds to mars while he was cutting himself

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7pfxSIVbuvpPUpBrS89wRa4KQag8W2 NLVHmov_xh3NNJSbF7Ztw

sook
02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Right, and every writer at ESPN predicted the Lakers in the WCF last season.

Howard isn't even happy in Houston. Maybe he'd prefer a Kevin Love type spot where he gets big numbers with no pressure to make the post season.

What makes you say that? On the contrary, in an interview the other day he said just the opposite and it was clear as day from his expressions that he meant it.

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
What makes you say that? On the contrary, in an interview the other day he said just the opposite and it was clear as day from his expressions that he meant it.

He's made comments in his 1st season that reflects the static between the coach and himself. He thinks he's better than he actually is, so when every play doesn't go through him, he's not happy.

You'll see, he's a wanderer.

“This isn’t their life and I have to do what’s going to make me happy,” Howard said. “I have to do what’s going to make Dwight happy. In the long run, all of those businesses or whatever they know where I’m going to be. I’m going to be here in Orlando and I won’t be hard to find.” -DH

spurraider21
02-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Philo

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7pfxSIVbuvpPUpBrS89wRa4KQag8W2 NLVHmov_xh3NNJSbF7Ztw

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:40 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2KcoXLAwMSu3vW-WZz83R-RD_nIGql3qhouvO0YlzFWHBN_tB

spurraider21
02-20-2014, 11:45 AM
^ don't think so highly of yourself. I wouldn't let you sit on my back

Bill_Brasky
02-20-2014, 11:47 AM

Harlem is a great poster because he brings the good takes on the reg tbh....dude understands the game.

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:48 AM
^ don't think so highly of yourself. I wouldn't let you sit on my back

Philo

DMC
02-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Harlem is a great poster because he brings the good takes on the reg tbh....dude understands the game.

He does have an uncanny understanding of the game. Much like myself if you don't count like all the bad predictions.

sook
02-20-2014, 12:05 PM
He's made comments in his 1st season that reflects the static between the coach and himself. He thinks he's better than he actually is, so when every play doesn't go through him, he's not happy.

You'll see, he's a wanderer.

“This isn’t their life and I have to do what’s going to make me happy,” Howard said. “I have to do what’s going to make Dwight happy. In the long run, all of those businesses or whatever they know where I’m going to be. I’m going to be here in Orlando and I won’t be hard to find.” -DH

DMC, that may have been true in the past and may be true to an extent now but the desire for self interest prevails and points in the direction of team player at this point in his career. I think he has changed, but even if he didn't he knows that his only chance at something is to follow along.

Thebesteva
02-20-2014, 02:59 PM

Damn man, trying to copy Clipper Nations schticks now? LOL

spurraider21
03-11-2014, 02:22 PM
its been 9 months, so im bumping

:wow

Thread
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
^As long as he finishes it mid-June,,,otherwise dj will be shinin' shoes right next to his Pappy.

- Pappy

Katherine Robinson
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
^As long as he finishes it mid-June,,,otherwise dj will be shinin' shoes right next to his Pappy.

- Pappy

You should be shining those shoes already, Dale, the Lakers are out of any possible playoff scenario.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Harlem is a great poster, and his knowledge of the game is great.

Nonetheless, Howard is NOT having a monster season, same numbers as when he was with the Lakers, only (nearly) 2 points per game better.

Just a better team. Or, more to the point, a team with a better record, due in part to all the fake freebies that scrub Harden gets.

Double-Up
03-11-2014, 03:08 PM

- Pappy

http://secularpakistan.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/dead-parrot.jpg

ambchang
03-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Harlem is a great poster, and his knowledge of the game is great.

Nonetheless, Howard is NOT having a monster season, same numbers as when he was with the Lakers, only (nearly) 2 points per game better.

Just a better team. Or, more to the point, a team with a better record, due in part to all the fake freebies that scrub Harden gets.

You can make an argument on that in terms of what you define as "monster" year. Despite just a modest jump in base stats, he is actually doing quite a bit better in advanced stats. He has already surpassed last year's WS totals despite playing 13 less games (more games to be played), his WS/48 is about the same as his last year in Orlando. Other than BLK %, his numbers are back to his post-injury Orlando days. Are those monster numbers? I would say they aren't, but they are unquestionably better than last year.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
You can make an argument on that in terms of what you define as "monster" year. Despite just a modest jump in base stats, he is actually doing quite a bit better in advanced stats. He has already surpassed last year's WS totals despite playing 13 less games (more games to be played), his WS/48 is about the same as his last year in Orlando. Other than BLK %, his numbers are back to his post-injury Orlando days. Are those monster numbers? I would say they aren't, but they are unquestionably better than last year.

Just addressed that. Howard is getting is a boost only due to all the fake freebies given to Harden. Unless you think that scrub Matt Bonner has EVER, in his best year, been the + - King?

Of course not. Scrubs only benefit from playing with good players or system, real or league provided. So Harden's falsely inflated stats mean jack. Howard is the same overrated player he was last year.

ambchang
03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Just addressed that. Howard is getting is a boost only due to all the fake freebies given to Harden. Unless you think that scrub Matt Bonner has EVER, in his best year, been the + - King?

Of course not. Scrubs only benefit from playing with good players or system, real or league provided. So Harden's falsely inflated stats mean jack. Howard is the same overrated player he was last year.

+/- have very different meanings as WS, and Bonner was really never that good with WS in his career.

Harden's FTs are his way of gaming the system, and it helps his team win, so it's not inflated, it is what it is. Inflated stats, from a base stat pov, is to have an extremely high pace ala the Nash Suns. Even though the Rockets does have that increased pace, the advanced stats take those into account.

This is not his best season, but it is undoubtedly a better season than he had last year, and arguably by quite some margin.

Thread
03-11-2014, 04:25 PM

- Pappy

TE
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Sup Thread, getting ready for tonight's basketball games tbh?

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
+/- have very different meanings as WS, and Bonner was really never that good with WS in his career.

Harden's FTs are his way of gaming the system, and it helps his team win, so it's not inflated, it is what it is. Inflated stats, from a base stat pov, is to have an extremely high pace ala the Nash Suns. Even though the Rockets does have that increased pace, the advanced stats take those into account.

This is not his best season, but it is undoubtedly a better season than he had last year, and arguably by quite some margin.

Disagree, but whatever.

Wade's stat's looked like Jordan light, "bring his team all the way back" in the 2006 Finals.

If you were an naive teenager, and idiot, or a Heat fan.

Wade had inflated stats in the Finals, which casuals fall for, hook line, and sinker.

But real basketball fans know better: that Whistle, like Harden, is/was/always will be, a scrub that the league propped up, noting more.

Thread
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Sup Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320), getting ready for tonight's basketball games tbh?

Only your game is available to me. I have WGN.

irishock
03-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Disagree, but whatever.

Wade's stat's looked like Jordan light, "bring his team all the way back" in the 2006 Finals.

Wade had inflated stats in the Finals, which casuals fall for, hook line, and sinker.

But real basketball fans know better: that Whistle, like Harden, is/was/always will be, a scrub that the league propped up, noting more.

:lmao it's funny seeing you try to come off as a knowledgeable poster...

TE
03-11-2014, 05:12 PM

Get that league pass, homie.

irishock
03-11-2014, 05:17 PM

^ he doesn't do game-day threads anyway.. he only does post mortems.

sook
Look at FG attempts, Dwight is CLEARLY having a much better year, but he has learned that its better to play within the offense than always get his touches. The reason we have been playing so well is because we coming out with a balanced attack. Both Harden and Dwight understand when they need to come out and score. Harden has ben on such a roll lately that you can't fault Dwight for giving up touches when it will help the team.

poeticism707
:lmao it's funny seeing you try to come off as a knowledgeable poster...

Do you know what else is a real hoot?

That will make you fit to split?

Where you can throw as many temper tantrums, and I won't see a word of it?

My ignore list. Don't worry, all the other trolls will keep you company.

Maybe you all will even learn how to read one day. No pressure though.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM
And then, there was silence...

sook
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Watch out... he'll put you on ignore if you don't listen to his shitty takes :cry :cry :cry..

What ever will we do without the poster that brings the collective IQ of this board down :cry :cry :cry

irishock
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Ignore list is only for pussies and assholes,,,, ok?

Clipper Nation
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
:lmao Dumb jeebotard with horrific takes
:lmao Putting everyone who calls him on it on ignore

Gummi Clutch
03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
You're so smart please don't deprive us of the down syndrome perspective on basketball :cry

Gummi Clutch
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
:lmao Dumb jeebotard with horrific takes
:lmao Putting everyone who calls him on it on ignore
:lol

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:24 PM
What was that, Clipper Nation? Couldn't hear you over CP3's usual flopping around like a fish.

Doesn't matter, ClipNat, not only do you not have anything of value to say, I wouldm't waste my time if you did.

Join all your other 9 year old friends on my ignore list!

Have fun.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2014, 05:27 PM
What was that, Clipper Nation? Couldn't hear you over CP3's usual flopping around like a fish.

Doesn't matter, ClipNat, not only do you not have anything of value to say, I wouldm't waste my time if you did.

Join all your other 9 year old friends on my ignore list!

Have fun.

Oh no, anything but the ignore list! :cry

:lmao

lakerhaterade
poeticism707 belongs to a shitty obnoxious poster who roots for dog killers and eaters imo

poeticism707
Silence is thing of beauty, and a joy, forever.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
You guys are really losers, only one troll commenting, that I had to ignore?

Come on guys, you are better than that. Thought professional trolls would have hundreds.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2014, 05:32 PM
:cry Jesus is Lord :cry

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:36 PM
For all those sub human trolls on my ignore list, I recommend the Sound of Silence, by Simon and Garfunkel.

Thread
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Get that league pass, homie.

I ain't got the balls to watch the games anyhow. Too nervous.

irishock
03-11-2014, 05:40 PM
:lol silence...

Thread
03-11-2014, 05:40 PM
For all those sub human trolls on my ignore list, I recommend the Sound of Silence, by Simon and Garfunkel.

Ed, only pussies & assholes utilize the ignore function.

djohn2oo8
03-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I ain't got the balls to watch the games anyhow. Too nervous.

Then keep your ass hidden in the barrell if you don't have the stomach

Thread
03-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Then keep your ass hidden in the barrell if you don't have the stomach

The old barrel!!!

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 06:00 PM

For every action, Dale, you will find a consequence.

Now the trolls know it as well.

Pelicans78
03-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Disagree, but whatever.

How can you disagree when the numbers smacks you right in the face? Its clear Howard's having a way better season compared to last year and trying to refute it is just flat out stupid.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 06:05 PM
How can you disagree when the numbers smacks you right in the face? Its clear Howard's having a way better season compared to last year and trying to refute it is just flat out stupid.

Howard is averaging nearly 2 ppg more than last year, other than, the stats are the EXACT SAME: good, but overrated player.

Only difference? Harden's league mandated food stamp calls.

spurraider21
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
i have a feeling ur all getting trolled

Double-Up
03-11-2014, 06:07 PM

Only pussies & assholes have a Micropenis.

Pelicans78
03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Howard is averaging nearly 2 ppg more than last year, other than, the stats are the EXACT SAME: good, but overrated player.

Only difference? Harden's league mandated food stamp calls.

You're looking at basic stats.

Higher TS%, higher rebounding rate, higher assist rate, higher offensive rating, higher win shares, higher win shares per 48 minutes.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 06:12 PM
You're looking at basic stats.

Higher TS%, higher rebounding rate, higher assist rate, higher offensive rating, higher win shares, higher win shares per 48 minutes.

When you team wins more, your win shares, and win shares go up. These stats aren't in a vacuum.

spurraider21
03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
When you team wins more, your win shares, and win shares go up. These stats aren't in a vacuum.
false

Pelicans78
03-11-2014, 06:14 PM

But he is a signficant reason why they are winning, especially defensively when his defensive rating is 100 compared to the team's overall rating of 106.

But the other stats I mentioned do not involve winning.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 06:19 PM
But he is a signficant reason why they are winning, especially defensively when his defensive rating is 100 compared to the team's overall rating of 106.

But the other stats I mentioned do not involve winning.

His other non team related stats are improved, but drastic? MONSTER?:lol

If Howard averages 30 and 15, THAT WOULD BE MONSTER.

All that is there in reality, is a slightly improved version (which you'd expect with the injury) of last year's DH.

Gummi Clutch
03-11-2014, 06:42 PM
^ IQ of a watermelon tbh :lol

At least he has teh attention he has been begging for now

Clipper Nation
03-11-2014, 06:50 PM
i have a feeling ur all getting trolled
No, he's just a run-of-the-mill upstairs GNSF who suddenly found the courage to come spew his shit takes down here once the Spurs moved into first place :lol

lakerhaterade
03-11-2014, 06:51 PM
No, he's just a run-of-the-mill upstairs GNSF who suddenly found the courage to come spew his shit takes down here once the Spurs moved into first place :lol
:lol he's a shitty troll from the dog eater who originated manu > dirk

Jodelo
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Only pussies & assholes have a Micropenis.

:lmao

ambchang
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Disagree, but whatever.

Answer this, did those FTs help the Heat win?

ambchang
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Untrue
http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html