PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Timmy?..

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 08:53 PM
He started off slowly in game 1, but went 8-14 after a 0-5 start, mostly using simple post attacks and finishes at the rim, tbh..

Duncan in game 2 is getting touches at the high post, which is a weakness against Miami..the Spurs are using him the same way they used him against dominant defenders like Gasol, Howard and Bogut:lol..

Tim can't make a jump shot, and his face-up game plays to Miami's strengths..

When Duncan has received it in the post in game 2, he's using fadeaways and taking difficult shots, trying to draw contact, which is generally what Duncan does when he's frustrated..

Is this a matter of Tim being out of gas, or are the Spurs mis-utilizing him, with his poor decision making in the post exacerbating the issue?..

Darius McCrary
06-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Worst playoff game of his career, he's a total joke tonight,.and I've never thrown him under the bus in my life...

Floyd Pacquiao
06-09-2013, 08:57 PM
hes shooting basline fadeaways like vag right now he needs to sack up and bullie niggas in the paint and use jump hooks

benefactor
06-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Need more 4 down.

spurspokesman
06-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Yea tim is out of it

Keepin' it real
06-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Get used to it with only one day off between the next two games. He'll be on fumes.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 09:11 PM
As I said before the series, Duncan averaging 20 is the only way the Spurs have a chance to win the series..

Tony Parker is great, top 5 player in the NBA, but Miami's entire defense is built around abusing the perimeter, and Tony isn't great enough to beat a Finals defense without help..

TDfan2007
06-09-2013, 09:59 PM
4 down please. Also, I have no idea wtf happened to his outside shot.

timtonymanu
06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm not too worried about Timmy. But hopefully he gets going in this series.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Game 3 needs to start with 2-3 possessions of 4-down, tbh..get him in a rhythm and Pop needs to get into his ass for his shot selection..

Johnny RIngo
06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
After going through Dwight, Pau, Bogut, Marc, and Zbo I thought Duncan would have an easier time against this frontline. Still have no idea why he keeps trying to score from outside when his jumper hasn't been reliable this series. What makes it even worse is the Heat are better prepared to defend that instead of his post game.

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Need more 4 down.

I wouldn't necessarily say more 4 down but they do need to be able to find him and Splitter on the pick and roll. They've got munchkins on them. There's no reason they shouldn't be finishing inside every time. That's also going to help the outside shooters.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Bad game... it happens.

timvp
06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Too much playing in a crowd tonight and not enough spacing. Don't want to say Matt Bonner needed to play but ............

Mojazz
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Bad game... it happens.

Exactly... Just a simple bad game.

NRHector
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Get used to it with only one day off between the next two games. He'll be on fumes.

The way he played tonight he should be well rested besides he didn't play the whole game

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Too much playing in a crowd tonight and not enough spacing. Don't want to say Matt Bonner needed to play but ............

Would you go with Bonner or Diaw more often?..

HemisfairArena
06-09-2013, 10:10 PM
LMAO...let me know when you posters dont make a mistake and suck at your job for a day. Must be nice to be perfect. It doesnt matter if you make 7 dollars or 7 billion an hour....no one is perfect 100% of the time.

HarlemHeat37
He's getting the ball in positions where he's destined to fail more often than not. Parker is missing both him and Splitter for easy baskets. Tim, from my count, got 0 easy baskets in this game, due to Parker's awful court vision/passing skill.

He got 1 easy FG on Ginobili's great pass off the basline, tbh..

TDfan2007
Bad game, but the Spurs missed him countless times. He needs close to 20 FGAs per game for the rest of the series. Our entire team played scared offensively, Tim included.

This is what I was most afraid of. I was worried that Timmy wasn't up for dominating on the block.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Duncan, at this point, is not accustomed to shooting a high volume in the low post..he's mostly a high-post player now, anyways..

He's still capable in the paint, but wouldn't it make sense to give him a few post touches to get him in an early rhythm, tbh?(if they aren't going to get him easy baskets on the p&r)..

TDfan2007
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Duncan, at this point, is not accustomed to shooting a high volume in the low post..he's mostly a high-post player now, anyways..

He's still capable in the paint, but wouldn't it make sense to give him a few post touches to get him in an early rhythm, tbh?(if they aren't going to get him easy baskets on the p&r)..

I completely agree, and hopefully this will be an adjustment for game 3. Running pick and rolls all day won't work against Miami.

That baseline triple screen for Parker should be mothballed for a while too. Pop is using that almost as much as he used to run 4 down.

T Park
06-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Agreed. Leonard needs to start making to keep them honest too. Lebron is sagging too much.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
It was an embarrassment tonight, an utter embarrassment. He kept fading away and only went strong twice.

siraulo23
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
I completely agree, and hopefully this will be an adjustment for game 3. Running pick and rolls all day won't work against Miami.

That baseline triple screen for Parker should be mothballed for a while too. Pop is using that almost as much as he used to run 4 down.

yeah the loop play i have no idea how many times they run that play in game 2 but imo they should run it more, especially when james is on tp

Tim_duncan21
06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
4 down please. a lot of it. hopefully his stamina can keep up.

Gkm
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
tonight i think 2 things make a diference, first he was only shooting fadeways. and i think he was doing that because he is weaker now, he loose weight he cant bang on the paint like he used too, if u see his low post baskets in game 1 a few almost didnt go in, was not the smoothest shoots.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Tim was tired tonight and didn't get into a rhythm early. They tried to go into the post with him early and he just faded away on all his shots. They didn't pick n roll very well where he pops that 18 footer. Manu, Tim and Tony played like shit. just utter shit tonight.

milkyway21
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
here we go again...blaming....whining.. grrr. you really think it is easy to win 2-0 on the road & of all places Miami?

we ARE only the fans. WE ARE NOT the Spurs.

just hope they will own games 3-4 or 5 in San Antonio !

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM
here we go again...blaming....whining.. grrr. you really think it is easy to win 2-0 on the road & of all places Miami?

we ARE only the fans. WE ARE NOT the Spurs.

just hope they will own games 3-4 or 5 in San Antonio !

I don't think it's whining so much. I just hate when I see something work and then they don't even try to go back to that strategy, it's as if they think that Miami is going to defend it so lets not even try it. Tim didn't attack at all consistently, I think I saw him go aggressive 2 times and he scored both. Tony really didn't try to fight and when he did he got in and either created or scored. He kept looking for contact and fouls and that was not going to be the case tonight. He did not play with urgency or aggression.

TD 21
06-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Is this a matter of Tim being out of gas, or are the Spurs mis-utilizing him, with his poor decision making in the post exacerbating the issue?..

How would he be out of gas? This team has had plenty of rest throughout the playoffs (they'd played once in the previous 12 days).

It's a combination of them mis-utilizing him and him making poor decisions in the post. A bunch of times he's posted up, only for Parker to blatantly ignore him. If he hasn't already, he needs to get on Parker and so does Pop. Not only is it something they should be able to exploit (as we witnessed in game one, when he scored with ease against their lightweight post defenders), but it's more possessions where Parker can essentially rest and not have the burden of having to create damn near everything. He also has to not bail them out by settling for turnarounds and fadeaways.

Juggity
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Duncan just needs to force the issue and start going to his banker more often. He's regained that shot this year after losing it a bit for the last 2 seasons. Or, if the banker isn't falling, there are any number of other effective moves he could make closer to the basket. Baseline fadeaways are obviously not going to cut it.

As a player with one of the greatest selection of post moves in the history of the league, he needs to add some variety to his post play in this series. The situation is ripe for him to dominate on offense, and I think he will come out motivated in game 3.

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Of the big 3, Parker is the only player who shoots the right shot so consistently. Duncan and Manu have each pissed me off very consistently with their shot selection. That fucking Duncan fadeaway to the left of his body frustrates me to no end. It requires a smooth touch and some arc to be consistently good at that. Duncan clearly shoots line drives.

Venti Quattro
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Is the divorce getting to him?

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 11:07 PM

Sadly, I had to check myself for screaming where the fuck was Bonner???:lol That's when I knew we were in deep shit.
Am curious though why Pop failed to play him this game except in trash time.