PDA

View Full Version : Stop playing Gary Neal

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Pop if you fucking starters can't handle more minutes then just forfeit the games.

You can't keep fucking playing Gary Neal in the finals and expect to win jack shit.

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:01 PM
as I type this Miller hits a three right in Neal's face.

Fucking dumb shit of a coach.

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Neal pinned down low with Birdman. LOL pathetic Pop.

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
but hey keep him out there. He might hit a 3.

Darius McCrary
06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I hate Pop for this

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I kept my mouth shut after game 1. I thought Pop would smarten up and use Neal less in game 2, but I was flat out wrong.

GSH
06-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Gary Neal is the new Richard Jefferson.

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the thread title. I was just so furious with Pop. I didn't want Neal playing after Pop cut him out of the rotation in the Goldenstate series.

I really don't understand why he bought him back.

playblair
06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
stop playing neal ..................... play cojo...............

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-09-2013, 09:24 PM
I think he will be done after this game.

hater
06-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I think Green and Kawhi are just going to play 40 minutes a night from now on. No other option.

Neal needs to sit for good and Manu needs to play around 10 minutes. that's it. panic time IMO

Keepin' it real
06-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Pop if you fucking starters can't handle more minutes then just forfeit the games.

You can't keep fucking playing Gary Neal in the finals and expect to win jack shit.

as I type this Miller hits a three right in Neal's face.

Fucking dumb shit of a coach.

Neal pinned down low with Birdman. LOL pathetic Pop.

Stop talking to yourself. It's embarrassing.

crc21209
06-09-2013, 09:26 PM
The only way Neal should ever be out there is if Cole is out there. Cole isnt an automatic 3 point shot maker like Allen, Miller, and Battier. You can afford to hide Neal on Cole and Cole only...

06-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Play CJ over him tbh. Seriously.

$pursDynasty
06-09-2013, 09:27 PM
no STOP playing Manu, Gary Neal gave us something Manu gave us nothing but negatives tonight

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Throughout the playoffs, when Neal is in, opponent's strategy was to attack Gary Neal. It's just sad.

DapDaGenius
06-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Pop needs to sit that rapist for the rest of the series. After this season, Neal should be gone. Bring in Hanga or Bertans...someone, I like Joseph a hell of a lot more than Neal.

I just hate seeing the Spurs get pounded, when I know they can do better. Can't wait to watch the after game interviews, gonna be nice to see them feel ashamed...which they should. lol

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Stop talking to yourself. It's embarrassing.

I was commenting on each play as it happened. I just didn't put it in the same post. I wanted to HAMMER the point home on how bad Neal was on consecutive plays, but if all you got out of it was that I am talking to myself, I guess you completely missed the point.

Holden_Caulfield
06-09-2013, 09:34 PM
lol blaming neal

Ice009
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
lol blaming neal

Neal isn't the reason for the loss as a whole, but Miami, and really any decent team can go on huge runs with him out there. He's useless on defense and Miami is a team with a lot of weapons, so you shouldn't really be playing defensive liabilities out there against one of the most dangerous transition/open 3 point shooting teams in the NBA.

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM

The problem was with ball movement tonight. I think this is where TMac has to play if Manu can't help the ball movement.

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Neal isn't the reason for the loss as a whole, but Miami, and really any decent team can go on huge runs with him out there. He's useless on defense and Miami is a team with a lot of weapons, so you shouldn't really be playing defensive liabilities out there against one of the most dangerous transition/open 3 point shooting teams in the NBA.

At this level (the Finals) defensive mistakes can be too costly. Hopefully this is Pop's wakeup game like with GS and the defense improves.

Notorious H.O.P.
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Neal was absolute garbage out there. Go with CoJo, go with Nando, Mills, the freakin' towel boy but keep Neal on the bench. Someone needs to go haze Neal and literally superglue his ass to the bench. Can't believe Pop kept him out there.

TD 21
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
What's the alternative? They were always going to play small for a good amount against this team and with how pathetic Splitter and Diaw are playing, that's only going to increase. That being the case, they need a fourth wing.

I agree that his minutes need to be slashed (he also should never defend Allen) and that Leonard, Green and Ginobili need to play more, but in this particular match-up and on this stage, I'd go with Neal ahead of Joseph. As far as McGrady, Mills and De Colo, it's too late to even consider them.

Lack of a fifth reliable perimeter player has been an issue since Neal strained his calf and got plantar fasciitis. Unfortunately, in this match-up, it's exacerbated.

timtonymanu
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM

No one on the current roster will ever be as bad as Richard Jefferson was.

T Park
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Another typical knee jerk ridiculous Spurstalk post.

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 12:58 AM
What's the alternative? They were always going to play small for a good amount against this team and with how pathetic Splitter and Diaw are playing, that's only going to increase. That being the case, they need a fourth wing.

I agree that his minutes need to be slashed (he also should never defend Allen) and that Leonard, Green and Ginobili need to play more, but in this particular match-up and on this stage, I'd go with Neal ahead of Joseph. As far as McGrady, Mills and De Colo, it's too late to even consider them.

Lack of a fifth reliable perimeter player has been an issue since Neal strained his calf and got plantar fasciitis. Unfortunately, in this match-up, it's exacerbated.

I don't think McGrady is that crazy. You're asking him to just help facilitate the offense, play defense, and hit a shot if he's open for a few minutes. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Splits
06-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't think McGrady is that crazy. You're asking him to just help facilitate the offense, play defense, and hit a shot if he's open for a few minutes. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Guess you didn't watch garbage time tonight.

Sean Cagney
06-10-2013, 01:16 AM
I think he will be done after this game.

LOL, this is POP here! YEAH RIGHT.....

KaiRMD1
06-10-2013, 03:05 AM

More like Roger Mason, one good season then shit after that

milkyway21
06-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Gary Neal is playing for the 3s only he didn't shoot enough to win us the game.

Expect more Neal ahead.

with so many threads about Neal I am :dizzy :dizzy already Lol

UZER
06-10-2013, 09:46 AM

I would love Mcgrady to get run and do good. But unfortunately from what I've seen, he's not running any offense when he's out there. He just calling for picks and playing on instict, which, may not be a bad thing during the regular season, but not with the stakes this high.

milkyway21
06-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I would love Mcgrady to get run and do good. But unfortunately from what I've seen, he's not running any offense when he's out there. He just calling for picks and playing on instinct, which, may not be a bad thing during the regular season, but not with the stakes this high. which is not good. if given minutes, he should contribute in the offense :(

DarrinS
06-10-2013, 10:19 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2746069/lepass3.gif

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I would love Mcgrady to get run and do good. But unfortunately from what I've seen, he's not running any offense when he's out there. He just calling for picks and playing on instict, which, may not be a bad thing during the regular season, but not with the stakes this high.

It's kind of hard to evaluate his game based on garbage time, no one's expecting him to contribute, he's more of a locker room guy there than anything else, when in rotation he can still give you 8 points 3 assists a game and shoot an average percentage, I guess his problem is lack of experience on the Spurs, Pop ain't gonna shake things up unless it's looking really bad.

UZER
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM
It's kind of hard to evaluate his game based on garbage time, no one's expecting him to contribute, he's more of a locker room guy there than anything else, when in rotation he can still give you 8 points 3 assists a game and shoot an average percentage, I guess his problem is lack of experience on the Spurs, Pop ain't gonna shake things up unless it's looking really bad.

Yeah that's what I was referring to.

Keepin' it real
06-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I was commenting on each play as it happened. I just didn't put it in the same post. I wanted to HAMMER the point home on how bad Neal was on consecutive plays, but if all you got out of it was that I am talking to myself, I guess you completely missed the point.

How's that hammer?

k_nguyen93
06-12-2013, 01:12 AM
I have a thought. Although it didn't work too well defensively considering Miller hit 5/5 3s, I think its safe to play Gary when say Ray/Miller/Battier are on the floor. He just needs to stay on them and not feel the need to help defensively. Leave that to someone else like Corey/Manu/Danny who can actually get steals.

Spur|n|Austin
06-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Neal just pooping on people.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2013, 11:41 AM
OP just made a punctuation error. Full title of the thread should have been, "Stop playing, Gary Neal . . . get serious".

Yuixafun
06-12-2013, 11:44 AM
OP just made a punctuation error. Full title of the thread should have been, "Stop playing, Gary Neal . . . get serious".

That's how off you play it off :lol:toast

Agloco
06-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Game 4:

Gary Neal - DNP Reason: GNSF Logic