PDA

View Full Version : sons these guys get paid way too much money to just flat out quit like this

BRHornet45
06-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I mean the game was easily still in control and winnable starting the 4th, but its clear they just threw in the towel. plenty of time left and still a chance, but the Spurs are acting as if they are already on the plane back to San Antonio. wtf Pop? hard foul the shit out of someone and shut the momentum down.

DMX7
06-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Pop is known for packing it in early. Wouldn't be surprised if he decides to really phone it in and not even play Duncan the rest of the way.

DMX7
06-09-2013, 09:10 PM
lol, ok... time for T-Mac. Game Over...

Xevious
06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Total choke job. It's like they saw Miami pick up some momentum and packed it in.

tim_duncan_fan
06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
It was a fucking shit job of leadership from Pop, Tim and Tony.

Fucking soft.

KaiRMD1
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Terrible call but pop has been doing it for years. Cory should get the minutes over neal

Though

Stabula
06-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Game 3 is Pop's chance to prove he's a championship caliber coach because his decisions have been absolutely devoid of logic.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Game 3 is Pop's chance to prove he's a championship caliber coach because his decisions have been absolutely devoid of logic.

Hes won more championships doing all that crazy stuff than you and I combined. No problem.

ironman2886
06-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I mean the game was easily still in control and winnable starting the 4th, but its clear they just threw in the towel. plenty of time left and still a chance, but the Spurs are acting as if they are already on the plane back to San Antonio. wtf Pop? hard foul the shit out of someone and shut the momentum down.
This.

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Hes won more championships doing all that crazy stuff than you and I combined. No problem.

I'm not a cliff jumper but those championships were riding a prime Duncan w/ 4 down and a better defensive supporting cast.

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM

He better have adjustments in mind for giving up on that game. Game 3 gives him an excellent opportunity to throw new wrinkles at the Heat and capitalize. It's usually around games 4-5 where you can no longer make adjustments and it just comes down to skill and effort. People forget there wasn't alot of data for the Heat to use to gameplan against the Spurs in game 1. They made some adjustments in game 2 that helped them. You always play more aggressive and feel more confident when you feel you have adjusted to the other team.

silverblk mystix
06-10-2013, 06:44 PM
:pop: "It might be time for......

the RED ROOOOCKEEETTTT BITCHEZ!!!!!"

Budkin
06-10-2013, 06:45 PM

"They made more shots than we did."

Baam
06-10-2013, 06:54 PM

No matter what Pop does, people will believe him when he tells them he overachieved at the end of the season, even if he only beat lower seeds, even if he got backdoor swept by a lower seeded team, even if he goes full retard with Bonner and Neal's playing time. TP, Tim and Manu will receive all the blame from the press and the fans, Pop is untouchable somehow. That's just how it is sadly.

spursince#99
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
mannn the OP hit that shit dead on

Kool Bob Love
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
sons these guys get paid way too much money to just flat out quit like this (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216386&p=6642026)

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3431.png&w=350&h=254

TheyCallMePro
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
I wasn't really surprised that the Spurs hung it up early, but at the same time I was also pretty disgusted by it.

As a competitor you don't quit. You just don't. Especially when you're playing for a Championship. I know we probably (definitely) weren't coming back BUT then again we were down 15 with 4 minutes left vs GSW and we came back and won that game.

But coming back really has nothing to do with it. Ever heard of the Heart of a Champion? That's not just a saying. Champions don't quit. They wouldn't be Champions if they did. The media has let the Spurs off easy today by not banging them on this. So have Spurs fans. Heck even Lebron and company were surprised we were quitting so early. They even played against our scrubs for a few minutes because even they weren't ready to move on to the next game.

I know Pop is always a realist and he doesn't care about the "Heart of a Champion" or any of that so called 'crap' but still. As a Spurs fan I was embarrassed that we quit so early. Having a little pride wouldn't hurt this team one bit. Not having any will see the Heat win a Championship.

gnsf0946
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
we played like shit from the start, shooting lights out for 3 pt kept us in game, when that stopped we got blown out

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Pop is frustrating and it sometimes makes you scratch your head, its as if they intentionally lose games for the sake of losing them. The Spurs were in the game and our big 3 were struggling in the 1st half but no adjustments at halftime to get them into the paint or to create easier shots. No, we just stuck with Gary Neal and soft plays. I think Pop gets a lot of credit for the success of The Big 3 night in and night out so when they struggle we see his coaching flaws. Everyone deserves blame for that loss except for Danny Green, he did more than was expected.

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Pop is frustrating and it sometimes makes you scratch your head, its as if they intentionally lose games for the sake of losing them. The Spurs were in the game and our big 3 were struggling in the 1st half but no adjustments at halftime to get them into the paint or to create easier shots. No, we just stuck with Gary Neal and soft plays. I think Pop gets a lot of credit for the success of The Big 3 night in and night out so when they struggle we see his coaching flaws. Everyone deserves blame for that loss except for Danny Green, he did more than was expected.

His in game adjustments aren't so great. He needs time to think up something like he did for game 1. Then he pretty much sticks with it win or lose for the game. How else can you explain his decisions to go away from shooter that are hot or play bad rotations at crucial times. I guess that's what you would expect from the simulator crew.

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
His in game adjustments aren't so great. He needs time to think up something like he did for game 1. Then he pretty much sticks with it win or lose for the game. How else can you explain his decisions to go away from shooter that are hot or play bad rotations at crucial times. I guess that's what you would expect from the simulator crew.

I didn't see any intensity and the ball movement was sparse. When we did move the ball we had shots. Tim didn't have any cajones last night at all, Parker was hesitant after he wasn't getting foul calls and Manu decided to take the night off yet with all of those flaws we were in the game and winning late in the 3rd. It wasn't like Miami did anything differently but we decided that it was in our best interest to take the ball out of Parkers hands and let Manu and Neal run the point which was a huge mistake and we never recovered. No quick timeout, no adjustments, no design play to get our hot hands shots, nope, just the same ole shit from game 2.