PDA

View Full Version : What did the Spurs do wrong today?

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I will give you my take and I'll start by criticizing our big 3. Tim Duncan was pathetic on defense. Early on he was extending outside trying to block jumpers instead of staying on the paint and protect the rim. I don't know how the hell he had 11 rebounds because Chris Bosch absolutely outplayed him on those offensive boards. Timmy does not box out his man after we get a defensive stop. Duncan had ZERO blocks. When Duncan posts up, instead of using brute force or using foot work to get to the rim, he does some tough fade away shots. This is probably the worst playoff game that Duncan has had this year. Duncan looked old tonight.

Manu was terrible on handling the ball. The man looked like he needed to be on a cane out there. This game looked like he completely lost all of his ball handling skills. He did a decent job on Dwayne Wade but he did leave Mike Miller and Ray Allen open at times. Another thing that pissed me off about Manu was those canon ball passes that he would do after being double teamed off a pick n roll. Manu looked like an old man today.

Tony was non-existent for the most part. Early on he had his couple of moments but for the most part he looked like the TP from the last month of the regular season. Seems to me like he completely gave up on the pick n rolls because of the way the Heat defend it. I give the Heat some credit for mixing their pick n roll defense and also mixing up their defense on Parker. Parker needs to move around and try to play off the ball. After being double teamed and passing up the ball, he just stays stationary on the perimter spectating his teammates (Gary Neal trying to play point guard). Tony is going to have to try to be more effective off the ball.

TIAGO SPLITTER. He playe 22 minutes and one fu**ing rebound. Are you fu**ing kidding me?

I give props to Danny Green and Gary Neal. They played well offensively. Khawi Leonard played pretty good defense on Lebron James. On the other hand perimeter defense is another story. Everyone kept leaving Mike Miller and Ray Allen open for three's. Credit Lebron for collapsing our defense. Mario Chalmers had the game of his career.

The officiating was so blatantly one-sided. We got no calls at all. I can't blame the officiating today because of the Spurs terrible defense.

Arcadian
06-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Shot 41%, and the big 3 scored a combined 27 points. Not good enough.

And 16 turnovers :lol the fucking fuck...

Skull-1
06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Ginobili handled the ball like a greased pig. Shamefully pathetic. He is done. My favorite player, too. Sad.

Duncan couldn't hit the ocean from a rowboat and the only things Parker hit were the defenders (in the legs for three or four turnovers).

This series is over. Miami in five or six. Good run.

Too bad we wasted Leonard's and Green's superhuman efforts.

Brunodf
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Small ball/Neal IMO

Splits
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Ginobili handled the ball like a greased pig. Shamefully pathetic. I agree. Retire. My favorite player, too. Sad.

However, let us not forget that Duncan couldn't hit the ocean from a rowboat and the only things Parker hit were the defenders (in the legs for three or four turnovers).

This series is over. Miami in five or six. Good run.

Too bad we wasted Leonard's and Green's superhuman efforts.

http://i.gifeye.com/214.gif

Skull-1
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Why the ? Splitman? We barely beat them in the first game, getting seven straight stops with no points the other way. We are old and tired. We miss too many shots. Manu has his brain in a jar on someone's shelf.? right back at ya!