PDA

View Full Version : Positives from Game 2

Horry Hipcheck
06-09-2013, 09:40 PM
1. The Spurs are not down 0-2. They got the split they needed, and have 3 home chances to either take the series or go back to Miami up 3-2.

2. The Spurs were probably in need of an ugly game. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all needed wake up calls. They usually rebound well from harsh losses.

3. Danny Green is obviously here to play. He's not perfect by any stretch, but he's shooting well and has made impressive plays on defense.

4. Not really a positive so much as a desperate plea for help, but I've stayed quiet on Gary Neal until now. The dude is atrocious. Save for a few early shots, Neal is 50% of the reason the Spurs' late 3rd quarter lead evaporated in a matter of minutes. I can understand taking Danny out to avoid a possible fourth foul, but the fact that Neal was on the floor so much tonight pains me. Pop isn't an idiot, and has to see his weaknesses as much as he sees whatever strengths Neal may have.

5. The Spurs still haven't fully implemented their offense. They took a haymaker to the jaw tonight, and can still rebound.

It's 1-1, which is realistically one of the best scenarios they could have achieved. There was little hope of going to Miami and taking both. The Heat respond to losses like the titans. Game 3 is on familiar ground, and the Spurs should remember they'll be playing for a 2-1 lead and not a 1-2 deficit.

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
It's 1-1 and maybe they got their ass handed to them so bad that they play better next game.

timtonymanu
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm mostly worried about Manu's production and Pop's reliance on Gary Neal.

Other than those, the only ugly thing about tonight was the blowout. Hopefully everyone plays much better at home.