PDA

View Full Version : Miami is a great team

ElNono
06-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm not even really mad at this loss. You know this series wasn't going to be a sweep, and give them credit: that's how you would want your team to play in 'must-win' games.

They're not going to lay down. This isn't the '07 Cavs.

The Spurs' really did a poor job with the turnovers, but I thought the worst part was the defense. It really went down after the 1st quarter. The whole team.

You're going to hear a lot of noise about this player or that player. But they're the same guys that won Game 1 three days ago. Defensively, it's a team effort, and that's what we're going to need to hang our hats on in San Antonio.

All that said, props to the champs. They were down middle of the 3rd quarter, and they kept going. Resilient team. Spurs should take note, that's not a team that's going to give up.

Great series after 2 games. Onto Game 3.

dg7md
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
All the Spurs have to do is not be so careless with the ball. That's all we have to do to win.

superjames1992
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Good post, tbh.

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Hope the Spurs can find a way to get their offense going at home, but gotta give the Heat credit. This is probably the best defensive team I have seen since the 08 Celtics.

2centsworth
06-09-2013, 09:49 PM
We will know who wins this series after game 3

romain.star
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
All the Spurs have to do is not be so careless with the ball. That's all we have to do to win.

With the Heat defensive pressure at times, that's easier said than done...

romain.star
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
We will know who wins this series after game 3

We will not know who wins this series until one the 2 teams wins 4 games

dg7md
06-09-2013, 09:53 PM
With the Heat defensive pressure at times, that's easier said than done...

I don't think the Heat can keep it up with these 3 games in SA. They might get some, but 16 turnovers will not happen at home.

SnakeBoy
06-09-2013, 09:54 PM

Well that and Tim, Tony, and Manu have to show up. When Leonard and Green have to carry the team it's not going to end up well.

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
When you turn it over it's partially because of the defense, but a lot of it is on the offense.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Game was close for a lot of the game even though we were awful. Then they just exploded.

ThePop
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
We've swept 4 out of the last 6 series we've played in. We've been spoiled.

siraulo23
06-09-2013, 09:56 PM
:tu

theyre an amazing team, spurs have to pick their poison defensively and find a counter offensively

it was disappointing but surprisingly this loss didnt 'hurt' as much as i thought it would, maybe im just content with the spurs being in the finals and anything more than that is just gravy, maybe it's the fact the the spurs stole game 1

im just enjoying every basketball play the spurs are making atm

Darius McCrary
06-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Miami heat defense had nothing to do with every spur missing every offensive rebound tip-in the whole game, had nothing to do with spurs perimeter players being slow to cover hot Miami shooters, nothing to do with Pop putting players I position to fail,b etc etc

Bill_Brasky
06-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Agree on all counts. I fully expected Miami to come out strong tonight and get the W. From the Spurs' perspective, the mission has been accomplished. Get the split and get home to prepare for game 3.

ElNono
06-09-2013, 10:03 PM
We got a split 1-1 on the road against the champs... this should be celebration time, tbh

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
We got a split 1-1 on the road against the champs... this should be celebration time, tbh

LOL what? Celebration for getting 25% to a title? Not getting this post son. Did you start celebrating when you got to Tamaulipas before crossing the river?

SA210
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
lol ppl still overrating Miami. Spurs played very dumb, and Pop is an idiot

ElNono
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
LOL what? Celebration for getting 25% to a title? Not getting this post son. Did you start celebrating when you got to Tamaulipas before crossing the river?

What I mean is that we accomplished what we needed to do in Miami: get a split and win home-court. It doesn't guarantee anything at all, but it's a great position to be in. Much better position than going back home down 0-2, which was obviously a very realistic proposition.

And never been to Mexico, tbh

dg7md
06-09-2013, 10:21 PM
The Toronto Raptors would have beaten us tonight with how often we gave the ball up on poor passing and terrible shot selection (none of which were guarded that heavily).

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not even really mad at this loss. You know this series wasn't going to be a sweep, and give them credit: that's how you would want your team to play in 'must-win' games.

They're not going to lay down. This isn't the '07 Cavs.

The Spurs' really did a poor job with the turnovers, but I thought the worst part was the defense. It really went down after the 1st quarter. The whole team.

You're going to hear a lot of noise about this player or that player. But they're the same guys that won Game 1 three days ago. Defensively, it's a team effort, and that's what we're going to need to hang our hats on in San Antonio.

All that said, props to the champs. They were down middle of the 3rd quarter, and they kept going. Resilient team. Spurs should take note, that's not a team that's going to give up.

Good, refreshing review.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I agreed with most of the post other than blaming the defense. The halfcourt defense was pretty damn great for much of the game. When they got in trouble was when they let Miami get in transition or took quick, forced shots that led to semi-breaks the other way.

The offense is more to blame than the defense ... and it's not even close. Take away Green's shooting and the Spurs struggle to score 65, tbh.

DPG21920
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
How underrated is Mike Miller. Perfect fit for this team. Not only does he hit tremendously huge shots and space the floor (something MIA has desperately needed since being built), but he handles the ball in a pinch, rebounds solidly, and hustles his ass off.

True pro. Didn't play hardly at all this year for the most part and in the finals he's thrust into minutes and is hurting the Spurs.

Just always loved his game.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
How underrated is Mike Miller. Perfect fit for this team. Not only does he hit tremendously huge shots and space the floor (something MIA has desperately needed since being built), but he handles the ball in a pinch, rebounds solidly, and hustles his ass off.

True pro. Didn't play hardly at all this year for the most part and in the finals he's thrust into minutes and is hurting the Spurs.

FMM.

DPG21920
06-09-2013, 11:05 PM
That's all well and good, but he's playing a large role at the moment.

baseline bum

I loved his game a lot more when he was a choking faggot on Memphis in 04 tbh.

lefty
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/richie1029/colin-farell-jacking-off.gif

dav4463
Miami is not a great team. They are a great collection of individual talent, bought and paid for, and will blow up in a couple of years while the Spurs will continue their excellence for years to come by building through the draft.

crc21209
06-09-2013, 11:08 PM

Wasn't this guy contemplating retirement after the Finals last year due to a "bad back?" Or did he learn from the ultimate faker Wade?

crc21209
06-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Mike Miller should buy Gary Neal a couple of drinks tonight for sagging so far off of him and leaving his ass wide open..

ElNono
06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
I agreed with most of the post other than blaming the defense. The halfcourt defense was pretty damn great for much of the game. When they got in trouble was when they let Miami get in transition or took quick, forced shots that led to semi-breaks the other way.

The offense is more to blame than the defense ... and it's not even close. Take away Green's shooting and the Spurs struggle to score 65, tbh.

Well, I don't see us winning many games giving up 25+ pts quarters against this team. We gave up three of those this game. When you get to a great kind of level defensively (and we did in the second half of Game 1), you can offset bad shooting.

IMO, anyways.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Well, I don't see us winning many games giving up 25+ pts quarters against this team. We gave up three of those this game. When you get to a great kind of level defensively (and we did in the second half of Game 1), you can offset bad shooting.

IMO, anyways.

Before San Antonio's offense collapsed, the Heat were at 61 points with 15 minutes remaining in the game. So for the first 33 minutes of the game, the defense was great. It cracked after that but a lot of that was due to turnovers and bad shots giving the Heat better opportunities going the other way.

IMHO.

ElNono
06-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Before San Antonio's offense collapsed, the Heat were at 61 points with 15 minutes remaining in the game. So for the first 33 minutes of the game, the defense was great. It cracked after that but a lot of that was due to turnovers and bad shots giving the Heat better opportunities going the other way.

IMHO.

But IMO, that's what I expect this series. I think the Spurs in general will have trouble breaking the 90 pts barrier. I think their defense is that good. That translates to about 22.5pts/quarter, give or take. You can give them one, maybe two of 25+ pts quarters (nothing over 30 though), and you might be still in the game. But you give up a lot of those, and our offense won't be able to offset it. And it's not that we're challenged offensively, it's that their defense is really good.

We know our defense can be really good too. And obviously making shots removes pressure from it. But as much as we said 'get it to 90pts and it's a win' against Memphis, to me, in this series, that's the ceiling per quarter the Spurs need to shoot for.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:27 PM
But IMO, that's what I expect this series. I think the Spurs in general will have trouble breaking the 90 pts barrier. I think their defense is that good. That translates to about 22.5pts/quarter, give or take. You can give them one, maybe two of 25+ pts quarters (nothing over 30 though), and you might be still in the game. But you give up a lot of those, and our offense won't be able to offset it. And it's not that we're challenged offensively, it's that their defense is really good.

We know our defense can be really good too. And obviously making shots removes pressure from it. But as much as we said 'get it to 90pts and it's a win' against Memphis, to me, in this series, that's the ceiling per quarter the Spurs need to shoot for.

The Spurs ain't winning this series without averaging around 100 PPG at home, tbh...

ElNono
06-09-2013, 11:30 PM
The Spurs ain't winning this series without averaging around 100 PPG at home, tbh...

Well, i'd love to be wrong, tbh...

TDfan2007
06-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Miami played almost perfectly from the 3-minute mark of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. It was incredible. Like watching a high school varsity team whip up on the JV team in practice. The end of the game was game 3 against the Thunder last year reincarnated. The only difference is that the Spurs have an advantage down low in this series.

If the Spurs are going to beat the Heat 3 more times, then Timmy has to be the MVP. If he's not up to task, then we're fucked.

BatManu20
06-09-2013, 11:41 PM

And knock down shots, not give up so many O-rebounds, and rotate to their shooters better on D.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Everyone needs to make shots, simple as that.. Tony, Manu and Tim were garbage tonight, utter garbage. Plus Tony needs the ball in his hands at all times unless Manu is running the play and not, I repeat not GARY NEAL. Oh, and it would be nice if Pop stopped taking players out when they're on a hot streak. Green is young hit a lot of good shots on good looks and then we're treated to Gary Neal and Manu coming in. Gotta roll with the hot hand and keep there defense working.

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I think the Spurs priorities should be reducing live ball turnovers, staying on shooters, and then making sure they move the ball on offense.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 01:14 AM

Not celebrating... grateful we're not down 0-2 and grateful the next 3 are in SA.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Miami played almost perfectly from the 3-minute mark of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. It was incredible. Like watching a high school varsity team whip up on the JV team in practice. The end of the game was game 3 against the Thunder last year reincarnated. The only difference is that the Spurs have an advantage down low in this series.

If the Spurs are going to beat the Heat 3 more times, then Timmy has to be the MVP. If he's not up to task, then we're fucked.

Agreed... if Timmy's going to do a bunch of interviews about how bad he wants one last ring, he's got to go and get it.

2centsworth
06-10-2013, 02:13 AM

Can't say it any better.

Sasha
06-10-2013, 02:34 AM
We will not know who wins this series until one the 2 teams wins 4 games

:toast

Legacy
06-10-2013, 04:17 AM

:tu

The short and sweet version for me.

Moving along now...

Brazil
06-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Yes they are a great team