PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: No need for any meltdowns. Spurs got the split and competed for 2 and 1/2 quarters...

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 09:48 PM
until Greggory went full retard with:

4:41 Gary Neal enters the game for Tony Parker 58-59

Miami's season was on the line and the Spurs put up a good fight until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Hopefully Pop realizes the obvious adjustments he needs to make (no more Gary Neal, more Duncan in the post instead of using him like Chris Bosh) and the Spurs will be fine. Not "fine" as in guaranteed to win the series, but fine insofar as putting themselves in a good position to win the upcoming games.

For now, mission accomplished. The Spurs got the split. Obviously you'd like to win two, but that wasn't gonna happen against a championship team with the best player in the world.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I think Spoelstra growing a brain and figuring out how to use Bosh is going to be key the rest of the way.

Reck
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Good reasonable post mid. :tu

But I wouldn't blame Pop too much. The big 3 collectively just didn't bring it tonight.

jeebus
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Pop went full retard because Cojo played a couple bad minutes in the first game. I don't know why he plays Neal at point, it's the singe dumbest thing he does. Neal is there to shoot, that's it. he can't dribble a ball, he can't defend, and he's not a very good rapist. bench the fucker PLEASE.

FkLA
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Gary was huge in the first half but he seemed overmstched that second half. Maus body has betrayed him tbh, he can no longer hang with elite athletes which the Heatles are full of. Ill gladly take the split though.

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 10:01 PM
1-1 was the goal coming into the Series in the first two games, of course the 4th quarter sucked balls but the series is best of 7 and all bets are off

5 games, 3 at SA, Spurs still have the advantage.

ezau
06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Spurs stole homecourt and can realistically finish the series or go 3-2 going back to Miami. The Big 3 weren't just focused.

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Spurs stole homecourt and can realistically finish the series or go 3-2 going back to Miami. The Big 3 weren't just focused.

I could swear Miami had already won the series with the amount of jizz coming from Heat Nation.

Legacy
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Going 2-0 back home would've just been icing on the cake, IMHO. But yes... nail/super-glue/handcuff/strap Gary Neal to the bench next game please. :p:

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
I could swear Miami had already won the series with the amount of jizz coming from Heat Nation.

honestly with what ESPN is feeding them what else are they supposed to believe "hurr durr they swept everytime the lost game 1"

Bill_Brasky
06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
So no "Spurs were coasting" threads?

ezau
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM

What do you expect from Miami "fans" who just started watching the games last year ?:lol Anyway, Game 3 is a must-win for the Spurs, and I really think whoever wins that will take the series. TBH, I would've been very surprised if we lost Game 2 by a small margin. The Heat knew that their series is over if they lost Game 2, so they played desperate tonight.

KaiRMD1
06-09-2013, 10:22 PM
What do you expect from Miami "fans" who just started watching the games last year ?:lol Anyway, Game 3 is a must-win for the Spurs, and I really think whoever wins that will take the series. TBH, I would've been very surprised if we lost Game 2 by a small margin. The Heat knew that their series is over if they lost Game 2, so they played desperate tonight.

Heat "fans" think the Heat were established in 2010

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
:lol 2.5 quarters of competing?
:lol WC Champs resulting to moral victories? (Finals Edition)
:lol - 10 points for this thread son

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 10:28 PM

he just said no need for meltdown threads, and he's right. Spurs took care a business and let the game get away from them. Shit happens. However, if manu keeps playing like that shits over.

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 10:28 PM

What "moral" victory?

Spurs got the split. About the best case scenario you can ask for.

I'm surprised you're not more familiar with the concept of moral victories as a Laker fan, since you guys had about 90 of them this year.

ezau
06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
What "moral" victory?

I'm surprised you're not more familiar with the concept of moral victories as a Laker fan, since you guys had about 90 of them this year.

:lol

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Spurs got the split, sure, but getting beat down like this has to shake their confidence a little bit, and the Heat now have plenty of momentum on their side, tbh....

unforeseen
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Neal was more than adequate in the first half. Pop tried going to the well one too many times.

InRareForm
06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
What "moral" victory?

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 10:41 PM
What "moral" victory?

Bragging on 2.5 quarters of competing is weaker than an excuse Amy Duncan can cum up with tbh. :lol

:lol - Having ^ type of attitude is precisely why you guys never repeated as champion. No killer instinct. You guys were contempt with the split - SMDH. You don't go on the road in the champ's house looking for a split. You go in there greedy - wanting to take them both. It was there for the taking and you guys blew it. Now Miami is confident - knowing that you "stole" game 1 and got blown out in game 2. In their mind, I guarantee you they are going into SBC Center looking to take them all. Doubt it happens, but that's the mindset.

No need to deflect s:loln. Lakers have nothing to do with your team getting your asses handed to you tonight. :lol

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Spurs got the split, sure, but getting beat down like this has to shake their confidence a little bit, and the Heat now have plenty of momentum on their side, tbh....

This. All of this. Spurs in troublePERIOD. :corn:

Reck
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Any other teams=yes but this are the Spurs.

Tim and Manu are made of steel, nothing faces them. The scrubs played relatively well tonight. The only question mark is Tony.

Him and Tiago are the huge question mark.

Actually only Tony. That homosexual Tiago is even more hopeless than Bonner.

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Bragging on 2.5 quarters of competing is weaker than an excuse Amy Duncan can cum up with tbh. :lol

:lol - Having ^ type of attitude is precisely why you guys never repeated as champion. No killer instinct. You guys were contempt with the split - SMDH. You don't go on the road in the champ's house looking for a split. You go in there greedy - wanting to take them both. It was there for the taking and you guys blew it. Now Miami is confident - knowing that you "stole" game 1 and got blown out in game 2. In their mind, I guarantee you they are going into SBC Center looking to take them all. Doubt it happens, but that's the mindset.

No need to deflect s:loln. Lakers have nothing to do with your team getting your asses handed to you tonight. :lol

Yeah, you're right. The recipe for beating the defending champions who have the best player in the world twice in a row on their home floor is simply "being greedy" and having "killer instinct."

:lmao

And :lol repeat smack.

I guess Magic didn't find his "killer instinct" until 1988.

You're a fuckin' retard.

HI-FI
06-09-2013, 11:00 PM
it's a win win for you son. Either watch us implode like a rapist's achilles or jump on the LeBeta bandwagon if he wins (cmon, you and CN both love them Heat).

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Neal with it.

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah, you're right. The recipe for beating the defending champions who have the best player in the world twice in a row on their home floor is simply "being greedy" and having "killer instinct."
:lmao

And :lol repeat smack.

I guess Magic didn't find his "killer instinct" until 1988.
:lol - 9,876 straight 50+ win seasons. Never repeated as champion. Had 4* chances. And :lmao at you bringing Magic into the discussion. It was waaaaaaaayy harder to repeat back then. -15 points s:loln

You're a fuckin' retard.
They got their split, yet mid maaaaaaaddd as fuck. W:lolw

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
it's a win win for you son. Either watch us implode like a rapist's achilles or jump on the LeBeta bandwagon if he wins (cmon, you and CN both love them Heat).
Bolded is c:lolrrect. However the last part is false. I've gone on record as saying I'd rather TD get #5 rather than LBJ get #2.

Calispursfan11
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
until Greggory went full retard with:

4:41 Gary Neal enters the game for Tony Parker 58-59

Miami's season was on the line and the Spurs put up a good fight until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Hopefully Pop realizes the obvious adjustments he needs to make (no more Gary Neal, more Duncan in the post instead of using him like Chris Bosh) and the Spurs will be fine. Not "fine" as in guaranteed to win the series, but fine insofar as putting themselves in a good position to win the upcoming games.

For now, mission accomplished. The Spurs got the split. Obviously you'd like to win two, but that wasn't gonna happen against a championship team with the best player in the world.
Solid analysis Mid :tu

Rogue
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I didn't watch the game (I couldn't care less about this series tbh, either team winning it would be a kick in the balls for a mavs fan) but it sounds like the Heat won the game in a Spurs way. Coaching should've been the biggest advantage the Spurs had over the Heat, and it somehow turned a weaklink tonight. Spurs fans don't need to get mad at the loss because the Heat are the better team after all, but they have every right to be mad at how they managed to lose it tbh.

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM

:lol - 9,876 straight 50+ win seasons. Never repeated as champion. Had 4* chances. And :lmao at you bringing Magic into the discussion. It was waaaaaaaayy harder to repeat back then. -15 points s:loln

They got their split, yet mid maaaaaaaddd as fuck. W:lolw

When you post retarded takes, I'm going to call you retarded. Has nothing to with being "mad."

Tonight's loss has nothing to do with not being "greedy enough" or lacking "killer instinct," and everything to do with the Heat playing great after the 3rd quarter and taking control of the game. They're the defending champions for a reason.

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Bolded is c:lolrrect. However the last part is false. I've gone on record as saying I'd rather TD get #5 rather than LBJ get #2.

Bullshit. Your actions speak louder than your words.

You were quiet as a church mouse after game 1 and now you here gloating as if the Lakers just beat the Spurs.

Just come clean, Los Angeles Heat fan.

lefty
06-09-2013, 11:24 PM

You were quiet as a church mouse after game 1 and now you here gloating as if the Lakers just beat the Spurs.

http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/animated-elevator-fail-mugger-purse-Favim.com-374029.gif

HI-FI
06-09-2013, 11:27 PM
i remember you saying that but i can never tell with you Lakerfans, you niggas love bandwagons. check out DeadlyDynasty, he's already pimping the Heat.

least Laker's legacy died with Achilles (peace be upon it btw).

Clipper Nation
06-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Any other teams=yes but this are the Spurs.

I said a little bit, not a lot.... by comparison, if this was those weak-minded faggots from MethKC getting blown out this badly, the series would be over already and you could just hand Miami the trophy right now....

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:32 PM

:lol - there is one thing wrong with your post. I hate the cHeat. However, given the fact that I can't lose this series (:lol) - I get to rub it in with many farmers on this site if you get a beat down - like to night. Make no mistake, I would have much rather a Pacers/Memphis Finals. But since that wasn't happening, I'm rolling with them Spurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215788&p=6624211#post6624211)(although I reserve the right to clown their monkeyasses if they play like they did t:lolnight).

I'll say it again: I'd rather see TD get #5 than LBJ get #2. However, if the Spurs lose, I got jokes. :toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:36 PM
i remember you saying that but i can never tell with you Lakerfans, you niggas love bandwagons. check out DeadlyDynasty, he's already pimping the Heat.

It's also that I have $500 invested in the Heat this series (not including the Ben I won tonight). Sorry I can't pimp your lovable little scamps, but I gotta follow the green.

HI-FI
06-09-2013, 11:38 PM
It's also that I have $500 invested in the Heat this series (not including the Ben I won tonight). Sorry I can't pimp your lovable little scamps, but I gotta follow the green.

it's cool, i don't expect you rooting for Spurs either. you might want to put a little on Spurs just in case of a miracle, underdog story.

DMC
06-09-2013, 11:38 PM
This win was so easy to see coming. The blowout was easy to see.

We'll see next game what the series is going to go like.

Like Magic said: "also too, the real key to this series is going to be in the next three games"

You cannot argue with that nugget of wisdom.

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM

Nah son - not me. The cHeat represent everything that's wrong with pro sports. I can legitimately say I hate their franchise. They colluded, got away with it, and I supposed to cheer them on? If Wade's STD flared up I wouldn't spit on him to put it out tbh.

Arcadian
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
[a bunch of faggy bullshit]

Fuck you. Where's your team right now?

The only thing you'll be "repeating" is a first-round playoff exit...if you're lucky enough to get that far next year.

:lol Lakers fans still talking shit like the faggots they are

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 11:41 PM
:lol - there is one thing wrong with your post. I hate the cHeat. However, given the fact that I can't lose this series (:lol) - I get to rub it in with many farmers on this site if you get a beat down - like to night. Make no mistake, I would have much rather a Pacers/Memphis Finals. But since that wasn't happening, I'm rolling with them Spurs (although I reserve the right to clown their monkeyasses if they play like they did t:lolnight).

I'll say it again: I'd rather see TD get #5 than LBJ get #2. However, if the Spurs lose, I got jokes. :toast

And like always, I'll deflect by reminding you that the Spurs swept the Lakers, who were the biggest failure in NBA history.

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:42 PM

The only thing you'll be "repeating" is a first-round playoff exit...if you're lucky enough to get that far next year.

:lol Lakers fans still talking shit like the faggots they areGSNF maaaaaaaaadderr than a MFer. :lol

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
And like always, I'll deflect by reminding you that the Spurs swept the Lakers, who were the biggest failure in NBA history.
Not if the Spurs win the 2013 Finals. :toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:45 PM

:lol Lakers fans still talking shit like the faggots they are
Bless your little heart for giving it the ol' college try down here

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2013, 11:45 PM

Holy shit you're right

DMC
06-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Nah son - not me. The cHeat represent everything that's wrong with pro sports. I can legitimately say I hate their franchise. They colluded, got away with it, and I supposed to cheer them on? If Wade's STD flared up I wouldn't spit on him to put it out tbh.

Jesus if you aren't the pot calling the kettle black. You've historically gotten the best players in the league for nothing and now you're calling someone else a cheater? lol.

DMC
06-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Bless your little heart for giving it the ol' college try down here

Is there such as the "old community college try"?

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Is there such as the "old community college try"?
Good question. I'll have to ask jjktkk

midnightpulp
06-09-2013, 11:49 PM

Well, the Heat did reach the Finals, so I'm not sure, even with all their hype, that they can be considered the biggest failure in NBA history if they lose to the Spurs, who before tonight's game, were playing some of the best basketball of any team all year.

It'll be a failure for sure, but not a particularly embarrassing one.

Legacy
06-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Spurs win the 2013 Finals. :toast

:toast

LkrFan
06-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Jesus if you aren't the pot calling the kettle black. You've historically gotten the best players in the league for nothing and now you're calling someone else a cheater? lol.

N:lolpe. In our latest deal, the Grizz got great value and capspace (which lead to 8) for Kwames expiring KT. We would have done it again if we didn't get Sterned. So I guess you can call me Bitter Fan because a presumed healthy CP3, D12, Kobe core beats down the current cHeat squad. The owners knew it so we got Sterned. :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2013, 12:01 AM
N:lolpe. In our latest deal, the Grizz got great value and capspace (which lead to 8) for Kwames expiring KT. We would have done it again if we didn't get Sterned. So I guess you can call me Bitter Fan because a presumed healthy CP3, D12, Kobe core beats down the current cHeat squad. The owners knew it so we got Sterned. :lol

Also led to 4-0.

Also, according to you, a presumed healthy Nash, Gasol, D12, and Kobe was supposed to beat down the Heat. You know that wouldn't have happened, with Gasol's softness, Dwight's weak mentality, and the fact Nash is made of glass.

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Well, the Heat did reach the Finals, so I'm not sure, even with all their hype, that they can be considered the biggest failure in NBA history if they lose to the Spurs, who before tonight's game, were playing some of the best basketball of any team all year.

It'll be a failure for sure, but not a particularly embarrassing one.
There you go with your failure mentality again. WGAF if you make it to the Finals? :lol - fact is, everybody expected the cHeat to win it all this year. Everybody. For them to add Ray Allen and Shard Lewis for nothing in the offseason and then Birdman (X-Factor for them this year) later on, who didn't expect them to win?
The Lakers had a good team on paper, but in many ways made lateral moves. They were hyped because they play in the nation's 2nd biggest media market. So of course when posters like myself come in and tell you the NBA is about "to grab their ankles and bite their bottom lips" and we end up being swept in the 1st round, of course there will be jokes. :lol Make no mistake, if the cHeat don't win this year, they are the biggest failure in modern day pro sports. :nope

midnightpulp
06-10-2013, 12:04 AM
There you go with your failure mentality again. WGAF if you make it to the Finals? :lol - fact is, everybody expected the cHeat to win it all this year. Everybody. For them to add Ray Allen and Shard Lewis for nothing in the offseason and then Birdman (X-Factor for them this year) later on, who didn't expect them to win?
The Lakers had a good team on paper, but in many ways made lateral moves. They were hyped because they play in the nation's 2nd biggest media market. So of course when posters like myself come in and tell you the NBA is about "to grab their ankles and bite their bottom lips" and we end up being swept in the 1st round, of course there will be jokes. :lol Make no mistake, if the cHeat don't win this year, they are the biggest failure in modern day pro sports. :nope

Quick question:

Are the Celtics a greater franchise than the Lakers?

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Also led to 4-0.

Also, according to you, a presumed healthy Nash, Gasol, D12, and Kobe was supposed to beat down the Heat. You know that wouldn't have happened, with Gasol's softness, Dwight's weak mentality, and the fact Nash is made of glass.
:lol at bolded - I knew that was coming.

I'll take a big slice of humble pie on my expectations of the Lakers' latest superteam. There is nothing I can say about them. They lost. Now I'm wondering if Jeannie Buss can take over the Lakers from her brother Jim. If that happens, we'll get back on track (eventually).

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Quick question:

Are the Celtics a greater franchise than the Lakers?
Back in the 50s and 60s? Yes, without a doubt. Since then? Not in my mind. They have more rings (by 1) and beat us like 9-3 in the Finals IIRC. However, the Lakers have won more consistently throughout their tenure as a franchise than them bums. They have like 1 ring the last 20+ years. :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 12:10 AM
:toast

Win or else. :toast

ezau
06-10-2013, 12:19 AM

Spurs aren't the Clippers :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Back in the 50s and 60s? Yes, without a doubt. Since then? Not in my mind. They have more rings (by 1) and beat us like 9-3 in the Finals IIRC. However, the Lakers have won more consistently throughout their tenure as a franchise than them bums. They have like 1 ring the last 20+ years. :lol

So you're admitting that there are varying levels of success in the NBA and it's not always about the "ring?"

I don't think you buy the idea that there's one winner and the rest of the 28 teams are tied for "last place." I doubt you'd trade a Lakers second round exit for a season like the Washington Wizards had.

Losing in the Finals is still something of an accomplishment. At least the team gave themselves the opportunity to win the title and went out guns blazing so to speak, which is much better than missing the playoffs or getting stomped in the 1st round.

DeadlyDynasty
06-10-2013, 12:22 AM
ezau, I've been meaning to ask you the last 5 years, who is the chick in Gary's thought bubble?

ezau
06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
ezau (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15121), I've been meaning to ask you the last 5 years, who is the chick in Gary's thought bubble?

Amy Duncan?:lol I don't know, tbh :lol

Agloco
06-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Gary Neal was put in a position to fail tbh. This is a pattern the Spurs coaching staff has unfortunately. Playing people out of position is a favorite pastime of theirs. They've been spoiled by the likes of Robert Horry, Brent Barry, et al.

Gary should be planted firmly at the three point line without doing any dribbling of any sort except to drive to the hoop after being chased off the 3-point line.

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Amy Duncan?:lol I don't know, tbh :lol

Splits
06-10-2013, 02:18 AM

Ask your soon-to-be-forgotten buttbuddy how that worked out for him in 2008 WCSF when they beat the Spurs by 19, 18, and then 22.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2013, 02:21 AM
i can actually see the spurs bending over 3 straight games at home....

lol superior coachin was meant to make the difference, so far pop is gettin outcoached by a fkn scrub

ezau
06-10-2013, 03:29 AM

lol superior coachin was meant to make the difference, so far pop is gettin outcoached by a fkn scrub

It's to be expected that the Heat will make adjustments because they lost the first game. Now it's time for Pop to make a counter-move to whatever the Heat did in Game 2. IMHO, It's time to stay on the shooters and let James beat you by scoring. That was the template that Indiana used last series, and it almost worked if they just have a some shooters.

Sean Cagney
06-10-2013, 03:37 AM
I didn't watch the game (I couldn't care less about this series tbh, either team winning it would be a kick in the balls for a mavs fan) but it sounds like the Heat won the game in a Spurs way. Coaching should've been the biggest advantage the Spurs had over the Heat, and it somehow turned a weaklink tonight. Spurs fans don't need to get mad at the loss because the Heat are the better team after all, but they have every right to be mad at how they managed to lose it tbh.
If you did not watch it then how can you even comment on it bruh? I mean seriously you did not see it, Spurs split 1-1 and go home for three.

100%duncan
06-10-2013, 04:19 AM
Pop went full retard because Cojo played a couple bad minutes in the first game. I don't know why he plays Neal at point, it's the singe dumbest thing he does. Neal is there to shoot, that's it. he can't dribble a ball, he can't defend, and he's not a very good rapist. bench the fucker PLEASE.

I LOL'D.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2013, 05:52 AM
:lol Funny stuff coming from a Lakerfan who starts his own semen cloud in here every time Stern hands his team another star, tbh....

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 06:16 AM
:lol Funny stuff coming from a Lakerfan who starts his own semen cloud in here every time Stern hands his team another star, tbh....
:lol 56-wins
:lol 1st round fodder per par
:lol CP3 going to the Rockets
:lol at the thought of Bonnie Griffin being your franchise player
:lol getting denied by Kori for wanting to change your name to Heat Nation
:lol VDN is statistically the best coach in Clipper History
:lol The Gift! leading to a 2013 back door sweep of them Clipps
:lol at Z-Bo going raw on Bonnie with no Vaseline
:lol at the Clipps perenially getting their shit pushed in
:lol at Clipper Nation getting maaaaaaaaaaaadd at this post

:downspin:

playbonner15
06-10-2013, 06:46 AM
...and he's not a very good rapist. bench the fucker PLEASE.

Jeebus with the goods as usual :lol

The Batman
06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
I love how there were plenty of Spurfans talkin shit at halftime about "Miami played their best basketball" "Is this the best Miami can play?", then proceeded to get their shit pushed in, and completely changed their tune pretty quick. "Well we competed for 2.5 quarters"

Brazil
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM

no shit?

the Spurs were in trouble even before the serie start you dummie... unless for crazy gnsf upstairs, everybody with a brain understands Heat is an heavy favorite. Going home with the tie is a solid result for a challenger.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2013, 08:48 AM
:lol 56-wins
:lol 1st round fodder per par
:lol CP3 going to the Rockets
:lol at the thought of Bonnie Griffin being your franchise player
:lol getting denied by Kori for wanting to change your name to Heat Nation
:lol VDN is statistically the best coach in Clipper History
:lol The Gift! leading to a 2013 back door sweep of them Clipps
:lol at Z-Bo going raw on Bonnie with no Vaseline
:lol at the Clipps perenially getting their shit pushed in
:lol at Clipper Nation getting maaaaaaaaaaaadd at this post

:downspin:
-300 points for the unbelievable level of saltiness in det post, s:loln :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-10-2013, 08:52 AM
:lol lkrfan
:lol zionist mercenary in the military

DMC
06-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Great value... made the playoffs 5 years later. They had to resign the guy before they even made the playoffs with him. Meanwhile Pau took the Lakers to 3 consecutive Finals and won 2 of them. Lakers don't give anyone great value.

DMC
06-10-2013, 10:07 AM

Miami has more weapons than SA has. That's the bottom line. They backdoor swept the team that backdoor swept us last year. We're playing Danny Green, Matt Bonner and Gary Neal big minutes. I don't get how anyone can say a coach who can get that group to the Finals, injuries be damned, isn't the best coach in the history of the game. There's going to be those who don't show up (like Harden in the Finals last year and Manu this year so far), but you have to have guys who can step up and play well enough to make up for it. The Spurs don't have that. Everyone has to be playing very well to have a chance at beating Miami. We had 4 turnovers in game 1 and still barely won the game. 17 turnovers ensures that were not going to win even shooting well from 3, because they shoot well from three also.

That's what it is. You cannot blame the trainer for not having the horses to compete in the Preakness.

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Great value... made the playoffs 5 years later. They had to resign the guy before they even made the playoffs with him. Meanwhile Pau took the Lakers to 3 consecutive Finals and won 2 of them. Lakers don't give anyone great value.

To be fair Memphis isn't exactly the largest market in the NBA and they were going nowhere with Pau being like 0 - 12 in the playoffs, never made out the first round or even won a game with the team, but he did carry Achilles to two titles and was kind enough to give him the Finals MVPs so he wouldn't demand another trade.

Capt Bringdown
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Spurs didn't capitalize on a good opportunity that was fully within their grasp. Moral victories and half-measures don't count in the finals.

DMC
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
To be fair Memphis isn't exactly the largest market in the NBA and they were going nowhere with Pau being like 0 - 12 in the playoffs, never made out the first round or even won a game with the team, but he did carry Achilles to two titles and was kind enough to give him the Finals MVPs so he wouldn't demand another trade.

Memphis didn't trade for DPOY Gasol, they traded for fat Gasol. They didn't trade away sore pussy Gasol. They traded top of his game Gasol, all without the benefit of hindsight that Lkrfan is employing.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I love how there were plenty of Spurfans talkin shit at halftime about "Miami played their best basketball" "Is this the best Miami can play?", then proceeded to get their shit pushed in, and completely changed their tune pretty quick. "Well we competed for 2.5 quarters"

:lol those are idiots like GSH, one of the shittiest posters upstairs, tbh..if he was an NBA forum regular, his takes would get destroyed..

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Memphis didn't trade for DPOY Gasol, they traded for fat Gasol. They didn't trade away sore pussy Gasol. They traded top of his game Gasol, all without the benefit of hindsight that Lkrfan is employing.

They traded Pau away to rebuild, they finished at the bottom of the West in Gasol's last season there (06-07). They were basically the worst defensive team in the NBA.

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:25 PM
no shit?

the Spurs were in trouble even before the serie start you dummie... unless for crazy gnsf upstairs, everybody with a brain understands Heat is an heavy favorite. Going home with the tie is a solid result for a challenger.

:lol at 58-24 "challenger"
:lol at your team NEVER repeating as champs
:lol The Gift! leading to 8 in 2011
:lol The Gift! leading to a worn down 2013 Finals "challenger

-15 points for your reply. +5 for det ass in your sig though :toast - Edit: what happened to det ass? :depressed

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:29 PM
:lol lkrfan
:lol zionist mercenary in the military
I'm a Healthcare Administrator son. Hardly some weapon toting GI that you're alluding to. -10 points for your ignorance. :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
With top of his game Gasol they were 0-12. And :lmao at that comment in general. Gasoft was an afterthought around these parts until he donned the P&G armor. :nope

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Spurs didn't capitalize on a good opportunity that was fully within their grasp. Moral victories and half-measures don't count in the finals.
Truth bomb. :tu

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:35 PM
-300 points for the unbelievable level of saltiness in det post, s:loln :lol
:lol - truth bombs stang huh? Will you change your name to Rocket Nati:loln if CP3 takes his talents to Clutch City? :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Jacob1983
06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Spurs fans need to put the razors away. There is no need to be slitting wrists right now. Heat fans need to put up the lotions and lubricants because your team hasn't won shit. Do you really think the Spurs are going to let the Heat win the Larry O'Brien trophy in San Antonio?

The Batman
06-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Spurs fans need to put the razors away. There is no need to be slitting wrists right now. Heat fans need to put up the lotions and lubricants because your team hasn't won shit. Do you really think the Spurs are going to let the Heat win the Larry O'Brien trophy in San Antonio?

If that happened, there would be a fair amount of obituaries that would need some writing.

Brazil
06-10-2013, 04:25 PM
:lol at 58-24 "challenger"
:lol at your team NEVER repeating as champs
:lol The Gift! leading to 8 in 2011
:lol The Gift! leading to a worn down 2013 Finals "challenger

-15 points for your reply. +5 for det ass in your sig though :toast - Edit: what happened to det ass? :depressed

:lol considering Spurs other than challenger in dat serie
:lol not understanding that reaching the Finals with 36 y/o Manu and Tim, Neal, Green, Bonner team under the cap is already over achieving
:lol 120 MUSD team schooled by 70 MUSD team
:lol greatest failure of all time

det ass is a +15 brah

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 05:03 PM
:lol considering Spurs other than challenger in dat series
:lol not understanding that reaching the Finals with 36 y/o Manu and Tim, Neal, Green, Bonner team under the cap is already over achieving
:lol 120 MUSD team schooled by 70 MUSD team
:lol greatest failure of all time

det ass is a +15 brah

Agreed with bolded. Det facial expression of the drummer kills me everytime. :rollin

To go into a series with the mindset of a "challenger?" You guys already lost with that type of mentality tbh. For one series, fuck "class". Fuck the unbelievable respect you guys are showing LeBron. Where's Bayne or even fatass Blair? How come Pop hasn't sent him out there to lay LeBron on his ass yet? He's doing whatever the fuck he want out there. I guarantee you other coaches would send someone out there to do it. Case in point. It's 2004. TP is eating Fisher's ass up. 1st 2 games in SATX. Spurs go up 2-0. What does Phil do? Have his boys put TP on his ass a few times. Results? Tentative TP and Fo Fo Fo Fo - Lakers win 4-2... Will be much harder against someone 6'8" and 270lbs, but fuck it - these are the Finals son. Kick they ass by any means necessary...but then again the only player you had that had the balls to lay LeBron on his ass (then shoot him in his ass after the game :lol) was Jack. The rest of your players are too classy (aka beta) to do it.

And :lmao at you guys keep on bringing the Lakers into threads like this where posters like me make you uncomfortable. The Lakers have nothing to do with the cHeat about to get in det Spur ass. Having you guys resorting to "challenger" and "competing for 2.5 quarters" type weakass comments. Shit's funny to me. I'll sit back and talk shit on both fanbases. I can't lose son! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Brazil
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Agreed with bolded. Det facial expression of the drummer kills me everytime. :rollin

To go into a series with the mindset of a "challenger?" You guys already lost with that type of mentality tbh.

:lmao because you think my mindset has an influence on Spurs players mindset ? who cares what fans think tbh ? I don't see where saying Heat is favorite is somehow laughable... I said Heat in 6 but I obviously root for the Spurs.

For one series, fuck "class". Fuck the unbelievable respect you guys are showing LeBron. Where's Bayne or even fatass Blair? How come Pop hasn't sent him out there to lay LeBron on his ass yet? He's doing whatever the fuck he want out there. I guarantee you other coaches would send someone out there to do it. Case in point. It's 2004. TP is eating Fisher's ass up. 1st 2 games in SATX. Spurs go up 2-0. What does Phil do? Have his boys put TP on his ass a few times. Results? Tentative TP and Fo Fo Fo Fo - Lakers win 4-2... Will be much harder against someone 6'8" and 270lbs, but fuck it - these are the Finals son. Kick they ass by any means necessary...but then again the only player you had that had the balls to lay LeBron on his ass (then shoot him in his ass after the game :lol) was Jack. The rest of your players are too classy (aka beta) to do it.

yeah sure, I believe all the teams they played since the decision never thought about that tbh. I need to call Pop and give him the tip: send Baynes out there just to kill Lebron.... it worked for the Saints so who knows ? fwiw Spurs are playing Lebron the right way I prefer seeing him playing the facilitator and deferring to Miller, Allen and Bosh than going ham offensively.

And :lmao at you guys keep on bringing the Lakers into threads like this where posters like me make you uncomfortable. The Lakers have nothing to do with the cHeat about to get in det Spur ass. Having you guys resorting to "challenger" and "competing for 2.5 quarters" type weakass comments. Shit's funny to me. I'll sit back and talk shit on both fanbases.

:lmao at you for talking shit to fans of a team in the finals while yours is already fishing praying for the Achilles to recover.

I can't lose son! :rollin :lmao :rollin :lol true dat you already lost

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
^ :lol

spurraider21
06-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Gary Neal was put in a position to fail tbh. This is a pattern the Spurs coaching staff has unfortunately. Playing people out of position is a favorite pastime of theirs. They've been spoiled by the likes of Robert Horry, Brent Barry, et al.

Gary should be planted firmly at the three point line without doing any dribbling of any sort except to drive to the hoop after being chased off the 3-point line.
thats what he did early on when our reserve backcourt was Hill and Neal, both of whom were pretty much double digit scorers off our bench. Neal would either catch & shoot, or pump, one dribble pullup, or 2 dribble and floater. kept it simple and effective. and he's not really playing PG, Manu is. how many times did you see Neal bring the ball up the court and get the offense into the set?

midnightpulp
06-10-2013, 07:00 PM

To go into a series with the mindset of a "challenger?" You guys already lost with that type of mentality tbh. For one series, fuck "class". Fuck the unbelievable respect you guys are showing LeBron. Where's Bayne or even fatass Blair? How come Pop hasn't sent him out there to lay LeBron on his ass yet? He's doing whatever the fuck he want out there. I guarantee you other coaches would send someone out there to do it. Case in point. It's 2004. TP is eating Fisher's ass up. 1st 2 games in SATX. Spurs go up 2-0. What does Phil do? Have his boys put TP on his ass a few times. Results? Tentative TP and Fo Fo Fo Fo - Lakers win 4-2... Will be much harder against someone 6'8" and 270lbs, but fuck it - these are the Finals son. Kick they ass by any means necessary...but then again the only player you had that had the balls to lay LeBron on his ass (then shoot him in his ass after the game :lol) was Jack. The rest of your players are too classy (aka beta) to do it.

And :lmao at you guys keep on bringing the Lakers into threads like this where posters like me make you uncomfortable. The Lakers have nothing to do with the cHeat about to get in det Spur ass. Having you guys resorting to "challenger" and "competing for 2.5 quarters" type weakass comments. Shit's funny to me. I'll sit back and talk shit on both fanbases. I can't lose son! :rollin :lmao :rollin

You box score watching again? And even if you were, how you do figure Lebron not breaking 20 points thus far is "doing whatever he wants?" Lebron was having one of the worst offensive games of his playoff career (2-12) until he padded in the 4th to make his line look respectable. As Harlem mentioned, Lebron is contributing in other ways (rebounding, playmaking, defense) but the Spurs have shut his offense down.

Another bad take, son.

If anything, the Spurs need to give more freedom to Lebron and let him go off for 25-30 and focus more of their defense on Chalmers, Ray Allen, and Mike Miller, who were the players that killed the Spurs last game on the offensive end.

robinlopez.gif
06-10-2013, 07:14 PM
You box score watching again? And even if you were, how you do figure Lebron not breaking 20 points thus far is "doing whatever he wants?" Lebron was having one of the worst offensive games of his playoff career (2-12) until he padded in the 4th to make his line look respectable. As Harlem mentioned, Lebron is contributing in other ways (rebounding, playmaking, defense) but the Spurs have shut his offense down.

Another bad take, son.

If anything, the Spurs need to give more freedom to Lebron and let him go off for 25-30 and focus more of their defense on Chalmers, Ray Allen, and Mike Miller, who were the players that killed the Spurs last game on the offensive end.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/589434_o.gif

LkrFan
06-10-2013, 08:29 PM

Another bad take, son.

Not really. Some of those misses he had were flukes (i.e. layups). And yes, I seen't it myself - not box score watching. In other words, he still got whatever he wanted and there is nothing Pop has cooked up that has taken him out of his comfort zone. He's just missing. You can bring up the 2-12 stuff if you like (ST loves efficiency that's why most of you clown on Kobe). Fact is, he missed shots he normally makes. That had nothing to do with what SA did.

Agreed with your last sentence. He is playing an excellent floor game. He is making sure his shooters are getting their looks. If need be, he has imposed his will (as you saw in the 2nd half). I think rather than averaging 25-30 (like he can do in his sleep against your boys), he's trying to damn near average a triple double. I don't think that has ever been done in NBA Finals history. I could be wrong though.

midnightpulp
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Not really. Some of those misses he had were flukes (i.e. layups). And yes, I seen't it myself - not box score watching. In other words, he still got whatever he wanted and there is nothing Pop has cooked up that has taken him out of his comfort zone. He's just missing. You can bring up the 2-12 stuff if you like (ST loves efficiency that's why most of you clown on Kobe). Fact is, he missed shots he normally makes. That had nothing to do with what SA did.

Agreed with your last sentence. He is playing an excellent floor game. He is making sure his shooters are getting their looks. If need be, he has imposed his will (as you saw in the 2nd half). I think rather than averaging 25-30 (like he can do in his sleep against your boys), he's trying to damn near average a triple double. I don't think that has ever been done in NBA Finals history. I could be wrong though.

Efficiency wins basketball games. That's why we love it. You should understand that after all of your years watching efficient players like Magic, Worthy, Kareem, and Shaq.

Whether Lebron's misses were "flukes" or not is irrelevant. Whatever the reason, the Spurs have controlled his offense and kept him out of the paint for the most part. No need for this 80's/90's cliched bullshit of putting a player on his ass, so he "thinks twice about taking it to the rack." That bush league shit won't work against Lebron. And it hardly worked in that era you love so much since it never stopped Jordan from dominating "tough, physical" teams like the Knicks and Pacers. (That also wasn't the reason why the Lakers beat the Spurs in '04, either. Jackson packed the paint and jammed Parker's driving lanes. If you knew anything about Parker, knocking him on his ass has never made him tentative). The "enforcer" strategy is an antiquated concept and hardly, if ever, works these days.

Jeff Van Gundy
06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
:lol failing again. Just please shut your mouth op

midnightpulp
06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
:lol failing again. Just please shut your mouth op

Didn't I say no need for any meltdowns and the Spurs would be fine?

I was wrong about Neal, but so was every other Spur fan on earth.

And not to be pessimistic after such a great win, but I don't see Neal replicating that kind of performance ever again. I fuckin' hope he does, but I ain't counting on it.

jeebus
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I'll stand by my point about him running point. When he was out there tonight, he was with either Cojo or Parker, thus at his natural position of SG. still can't dribble, still can't defend, still an amateur rapist. but I was wrong about benching, at least for this game. lets see if he can keep it up.

Jeff Van Gundy
06-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Gary neal might not have the same performance, but he is important for the spurs in order to beat the heat. After he made that 3 before halftime, he sucked the life out of the heat