PDA

View Full Version : Calm down, Spus in a good position

Spurish
06-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Nobody said this is going to be easy
Nobody said this is going to be a sweep
Nobody said this is going to be a short series

This is the NBA friggin Finals, and we are playing the Defending Champions who were in desperate mode fighting for their lives....and still we played a solid ballgame for about 3 quarters and we gave it our best shot (till then) ..Now that we have a loss after 7 straight wins (btw. if there's a silver lining, it is better to end this streak on the road than at home) maybe we were due for a bad game, it happens.

Let's all take a deep breath , we go home knowing we have a chance to end it all there and make this Miami's final home game...maybe we can't sweep all 3 games but even 2 out of 3 would put us in a very good position... there are adjustments to be made and decisions to be taken but I'll leave that in other threads....

Believe:flag::flag:

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
More or less. Got the split.

KaiRMD1
06-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Live to fight another day. God I hope they stop leaving people open for three

Splits
06-09-2013, 10:35 PM
http://img.reversegif.com/6603_o.gif

Budkin
06-09-2013, 10:36 PM
If someone had said after the loss last year that we'd be in the Finals again, tied 1-1 going home with home court we would have been jizzing all over ourselves. That's where we are.

Libri
Called it in 6.

I also called it in 7 but just for a chance to win $1000. :P

HarlemHeat37
It's a 60-40 series in Miami's favor IMO, which is a good position for the Spurs, I agree..

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Tonight was an embarrassment, everything that worked for them in game 1 they didn't do tonight. Kept double teaming in the paint for some reason, Danny Green gets a pass for making shots but he kept packing the paint for some reason leaving guys open. Gary Neal left a bunch of open shooters to help defend away from the ball. Just an embarrassing game.

crc21209
06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Considering alot of people here thought the Spurs would come home down 0-2 everyone should be celebrating that they got 1 in Miami...

Budkin
06-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Tonight was an embarrassment, everything that worked for them in game 1 they didn't do tonight. Kept double teaming in the paint for some reason, Danny Green gets a pass for making shots but he kept packing the paint for some reason leaving guys open. Gary Neal left a bunch of open shooters to help defend away from the ball. Just an embarrassing game.

Yes.

UZER
06-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Happy with the split. Not happy with the way the heat found an offensive groove and the end.

Spurs fans take these blowout losses harder than players . That said, I predicted spurs in 6, but game three is a just win.

Go spurs go.

UZER
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Hes not a great defender, but its not Gary Neal's fault. That's Pops strategy and it needs to change.

siraulo23
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Considering alot of people here thought the Spurs would come home down 0-2 everyone should be celebrating that they got 1 in Miami...

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Hes not a great defender, but its not Gary Neal's fault. That's Pops strategy and it needs to change.

I know Pop continues to run him out there and Pop needs to tell him to just stay away from the paint, stick to your guy.. Ugh, It was disgusting.

UZER
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
I know Pop continues to run him out there and Pop needs to tell him to just stay away from the paint, stick to your guy.. Ugh, It was disgusting.

He does have a lapse or two a game. but the thing is, he's decent at chasing and staying with guys on the perimeter. It's his recovery defense that fails him. When he goes back out to the shooter, he's too short to even bother anybody on the contest, and the defender just passes right over him from the post. This is why Pop should not be sending him to double.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
He does have a lapse or two a game. but the thing is, he's decent at chasing and staying with guys on the perimeter. It's his recovery defense that fails him. When he goes back out to the shooter, he's too short to even bother anybody.

I disagree with him staying with guys, he hardly ever fights through screens or goes under, he expects someone to come over and help. He's always in the paint, always

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
We did get the split and realistically winning two at Miami's house would have been disastrous for Miami and they played like it. Spurs did their job. Perhaps getting beat so bad will light a fire under their ass for game 3.

I'm confident the Spurs will win game 3 at home. We can start worrying if they don't but we have HCA right now, so we should be happy.

elmanutres
06-09-2013, 11:17 PM
we went to their house and got 1 win. we did what we were supposed to do and get one. its better being 2-0 though. still we headed to at&t 3 times in a row so we are in a great position to overtake the series. better being down 0-2 and going to at&t trying to get back into it.

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 11:19 PM
It's a 60-40 series in Miami's favor IMO, which is a good position for the Spurs, I agree..

I'm kind of leaning 65-35 Miami, but I had it 75-25 coming in. It's good that the series is winnable, which it would not be down 0-2.

Bill_Brasky
06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Got the split.

Miami looked quite beastly tonight, can't lie. But coming home tied was what we wanted, and you gotta think that Timmy/Tony can't have another game as bad as tonight....

Duncan2177
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
And Miami hasn't been a good road team in the playoffs. I like our chances in the next three at home.:toast

Kidd K
06-09-2013, 11:23 PM

It was before the series started. It's now 1-1, with 3 straight at SA then two at Miami.

It is not 60/40 Miami, it's more like 55/45 Spurs. 50/50 at worst. It's basically a 5 game series with Spurs having HCA and the chance to get up 3-2 before it goes back to Miami where the Spurs have already proven they can win.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Got the split.

Miami looked quite beastly tonight, can't lie. But coming home tied was what we wanted, and you gotta think that Timmy/Tony can't have another game as bad as tonight....

We are NOT going to have another night were ALL THREE of the Big 3 play that bad. Maybe one, but not all three.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 11:30 PM
It was before the series started. It's now 1-1, with 3 straight at SA then two at Miami.

It is not 60/40 Miami, it's more like 55/45 Spurs. 50/50 at worst. It's basically a 5 game series with Spurs having HCA and the chance to get up 3-2 before it goes back to Miami where the Spurs have already proven they can win.

This.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-09-2013, 11:34 PM
The game really didn't develop into a blow out until later into the game. And besides, it doesn't matter what the final score was in game 2. The point is that we stole a game IN MIAMI.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
I can't be satisfied with playing sub par after a good finish in game 1. We played like crap both games in different ways but tonight it was exploited when none of our Big 3 showed up. We had the makings of a great win tonight when we took the lead but 3 straight possessions where Gary Neal was running the point at the top of the key killed momentum. Nobody was making shots and we were settling, we let Miami dictate the pace down the stretch and that fucked us. Tim, Tony and Manu need to sit down and have a talk and get there shit straight because they didn't play with any intensity and they will need it to get 2 out of the 3 here at home.

SupremeGuy
06-09-2013, 11:47 PM
We got the split against a heavily favored team, and now we're headed home. If the refs call the same touch fouls for us like they did against us, this game is completely different. Not worried, tbh. Stern wouldn't use his Joey Crawford card again, would he?

pikkiwoki
06-10-2013, 12:35 AM
It's supposed to be hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndL7y0MIRE4

:flag:

2centsworth
06-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Considering Timmy played poorly on O and Green and Kawhi getting more and more confidence. I totally see it 60/40 our favor.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Considering Timmy played poorly on O and Green and Kawhi getting more and more confidence. I totally see it 60/40 our favor.

Agreed. If our big 3 come to play AND those guys play well? We'll be the ones blowing them out of the building.

spursmvp
06-10-2013, 02:07 AM
We need to figure out how to stop that lebron/chalmers pnr and also the constant switching by miami on D. And for the love of god, someone please shoot that bird.

BatManu20
06-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Lebron and Chalmers PnR is really hurting us. not sure how to combat it either with creating mismatches. Miami may have found something there unfortunately.

Crookshanks
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
The Big 3 have been here before, and they know just how horribly they played. They're also smart, and they are fierce competitors - they'll be chomping at the bit to get out there and avenge that loss.

TampaDude
06-10-2013, 07:32 AM
The Big 3 have been here before, and they know just how horribly they played. They're also smart, and they are fierce competitors - they'll be chomping at the bit to get out there and avenge that loss.

Yup...I expect the Spurs to win big tomorrow night.

Kool Bob Love
06-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes yes yes!!!