PDA

View Full Version : Losing in a blowout is better than losing a close one

dg7md
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't jump off the wagon here. If the Spurs had lost like the Pacers did to a LeBron layup at the buzzer, it would have been worse for us mentally.

I truly feel like losing in a blowout in a game that we conceded early into the fourth is exactly what we needed to get our asses in gear. The technique worked for the Heat all throughout the playoffs, after all.

Things went as they should for a road team. We got the split and won game 1, which I feel is a more important statement-setting game to win.

Spurs can get this in 6, I know they can. Their bench won't play like they do in SA, and our bench will be better as well.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Don't jump off the wagon here. If the Spurs had lost like the Pacers did to a LeBron layup at the buzzer, it would have been worse for us mentally.

I truly feel like losing in a blowout in a game that we conceded early into the fourth is exactly what we needed to get our asses in gear. The technique worked for the Heat all throughout the playoffs, after all.

Things went as they should for a road team. We got the split and won game 1, which I feel is a more important statement-setting game to win.

Spurs can get this in 6, I know they can. Their bench won't play like they do in SA, and our bench will be better as well.

I second this. Losing by a blow out is much better than losing a close game - they will be ready.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Spurs have been here before. An L is an L. They know what's at stake. Next.

mercos
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
A loss is a loss, not sure one is better than the other in the Finals. I'm more concerned with how they lost.

Capt Bringdown
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Bollocks. A blowout win is more decisive than a close game.
Miami lost a close game 1 one and ran us out of the gym in the 2nd.
There's no way to paint a pretty face on this shitty loss.

UZER
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
No. Definitely not. I lost $850 because these assclowns didn't cover the spread of 6.
:lol definitely not "winning"

Pirate_Ghost
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM

That's about as half-full as it gets. I'll drink to that :toast

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
I think Spurs will win game 3, it's a must win for SA but not for Miami. The big question is games 4 and 5. Miami should not shoot as well at SA.

Spurs7794
06-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Bollocks. A blowout win is more decisive than a close game.
Miami lost a close game 1 one and ran us out of the gym in the 2nd.
There's no way to paint a pretty face on this shitty loss.
Yeah but this wasn't a blowout the entire game. It was a 5 minute burst where they played desperate and we played like shit. I see no reason to be demoralized...angry, frustrated and dissappointed but why be demoralized? And NBA history has shown that a blowout win in the playoffs doesn't affect shit as the series goes on.

Agloco
A loss is a loss, not sure one is better than the other in the Finals. I'm more concerned with how they lost.

This. It's the flavor, and this one didn't go down well. I take some strong positives from Kawahi and Danny though. To play like they did on the road and keep us close until the end of the third is saying something. They needed help from our Big 3 and didn't get any tonight.

Spurs and Mavs fan
I think only up to a certain extent.

Losing by 10-19 points is better for the defeated team than losing by 40 points.

crc21209
06-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I think getting blown out tonight could be good for the team. It should open their eyes and make them realize that Miami isnt going to lay down. They are going to have to play their asses off and rip this title away from Miami. Good, maybe this shit will help them re-focus...

therealtruth
06-09-2013, 11:12 PM

I don't think it affected the Pacers too much. They went out and won the next game.

Sean Cagney
06-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Spurs have been here before. An L is an L. They know what's at stake. Next.
Yep, you are right.

slick'81
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Loss is a loss spurs got the split let's c what happens in Sa

lefty
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Lets see:

- 1991 Finals : Lakers win game 1 in Chicago, get blown out in game 2; after game 2, Magic said : " whether you lose a game by 1 point or 20 points, it's now 1-1 "

Then the Lakers lose the next 3

- 2004 Finals : Pistons win game 1 on the road, lose a very close one in game 2, win the next 3

So yeah OP's theory is shit :lol

DFLORY
06-10-2013, 01:37 AM
I spent the last week running it hard on that stupid fucking heat board while most on here have been laying in the cut licking their nuts. I'm pissing off as many heat fans as possible and a blowout isn't helping the cause. A two or three point loss is expected, but 29 fucking points. How do you spin 29 fucking points. The Spurs were a fucking embarrassment tonight. Pure and simple. They should have been forced to walk home.

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:44 AM
A loss is a loss. We should feel lucky about the fact that we easily could have lost Game 1 and therefore be down 0-2 instead of tied up. The concern is that they've controlled most of the first 8 quarters but I'm sure Pop will make the proper adjustments just like he did against the Dubs after they controlled most of the first two games against us. I'm not sure about the bench play but hope Manu can get his head out of his ass and play like we all know he can. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Sean Cagney
06-10-2013, 02:15 AM
I spent the last week running it hard on that stupid fucking heat board while most on here have been laying in the cut licking their nuts. I'm pissing off as many heat fans as possible and a blowout isn't helping the cause. A two or three point loss is expected, but 29 fucking points. How do you spin 29 fucking points. The Spurs were a fucking embarrassment tonight. Pure and simple. They should have been forced to walk home.
19 pts so you shave ten off that sir!!!!!!!!!!!! As if that is any better. And yes stay off others boards man, you fucking worry about your team and what they win! Not about trolling another teams board sir.

Splits
06-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Spurs know how to come back from blowout losses in the playoffs, see 2008 WCSF:

May 3 1 San Antonio Spurs 82, New Orleans Hornets 101
May 5 2 San Antonio Spurs 84, New Orleans Hornets 102
May 8 3 New Orleans Hornets 99, San Antonio Spurs 110
May 11 4 New Orleans Hornets 80, San Antonio Spurs 100
May 13 5 San Antonio Spurs 79, New Orleans Hornets 101
May 15 6 New Orleans Hornets 80, San Antonio Spurs 99
May 19 7 San Antonio Spurs 91, New Orleans Hornets 82

Sean Cagney
06-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Spurs know how to come back from blowout losses in the playoffs, see 2008 WCSF:

May 3 1 San Antonio Spurs 82, New Orleans Hornets 101
May 5 2 San Antonio Spurs 84, New Orleans Hornets 102
May 8 3 New Orleans Hornets 99, San Antonio Spurs 110
May 11 4 New Orleans Hornets 80, San Antonio Spurs 100
May 13 5 San Antonio Spurs 79, New Orleans Hornets 101
May 15 6 New Orleans Hornets 80, San Antonio Spurs 99
May 19 7 San Antonio Spurs 91, New Orleans Hornets 82

Most forget about that 101 to 79 that year when we got floored in game 5!!!!!!!!!! Yeah we got hammered that game! I never gave up though, period.

If you must go further though! GOOD LORD look at Detroit game 4! I believe it was 102-71. Research game 4 and 5 in 05, that was embarassing! PERIOD.

temujin
06-10-2013, 02:48 AM
No way Stern and Nike would allow Miami to go down 0-2.

Looks like the Warriors series to me, so far.
Only, Spurs will have the crucial G3 at home.
That is a MUST win.
If they lose, it's over.
If they win, the series will be 6 or 7, and I like Spurs chances there.

DFLORY
06-10-2013, 09:07 PM
19 pts so you shave ten off that sir!!!!!!!!!!!! As if that is any better. And yes stay off others boards man, you fucking worry about your team and what they win! Not about trolling another teams board sir.

Nice tits. Really.

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like the Warriors series to me, so far.
Only, Spurs will have the crucial G3 at home.
That is a MUST win.
If they lose, it's over.
If they win, the series will be 6 or 7, and I like Spurs chances there.